Pret A Manger Employee Review

View all Pret A Manger reviews

Poor Management and Favoritism
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2019
I’m not sure if this only occurred at my store, but the managers are petty, unprofessional, and promote off of favoritism versus work ethic and experience. I had basically no work life balance for the almost two years I worked there just to have someone who was only there a few months get promoted to leader because she was friends with management.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor Management

Other Pret A Manger Employee Reviews

It’s a ok job if you like a lot of rules.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 14, 2019
A lot of drama and favoritism. You need to be FAST PACED and work well under pressure. A lot of hours and bosses don’t care if you have to call out. The GM at the college location is horrible.
Pros
Free food, make a lot of good friend
Cons
Drama, short breaks
Fun workplace Fast paced
Barista, Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 11, 2019
I enjoyed working here because there was always something to learn in the company somewhere new to grown the downfall is even tho its a big company once there is a set position for you, you stay at that position and there isn't much room for more than 3 people in a store for each position for example if you are a hot chef you are head hot chef and there are maybe three or two other hot chefs but they assist you during that day.
Pros
always a raise and a way to grow
Cons
stores are not open past 8 or 9pm

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pret A Manger. Our community is ready to answer.