PRG Real Estate Employee Reviews

Respectful work place among team
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Mulberry, FLMay 25, 2018
Hungtington @ Sundance was a Great place to work , I enjoyed my moment there with the company.Fortunately business is business and change has to come about at some point in life so I embrace it with a passion to move forward to do other things on life. I am Greatful to have had a Great opportunity to work for PRG RealEstate.
Pros
Good learning experiences at hand
Cons
Choosing not to learn along the way
fast pace work envirment
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 2, 2018
I loved working for this company because of the great team I surrounded myself around. This team not at all clock watchers they would all when needed help wherever a tenent or employee needed a hand this team was the most unselfish team I have ever been around.
Pros
great team worked for me.
Cons
long days and no lunches as times.
it wqs a stressful work place
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 13, 2018
pick up grounds turn units and work orders. I learned how to work on Hvac units. Management was ok. the culture was good being on call in the summer time with 864 units. my enjoyable part of my job was going home in the evening.
Pros
got my Hvac certification
Cons
alot of work for no pay
Echoing The Management Sentiment, But Otherwise Fair Company
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  USAJanuary 20, 2018
There are a few reviews that mention bad aspects of management, and I would agree for the most part. My direct supervisor is the overwhelming cause of much of the dissatisfaction and turnover at my location. Our site has very few members who last longer than 6 months. That one bad apple has a ripple effect over the entire property. However, I've been impressed with the personable qualities of many of the upper management/corporate staff. They have been approachable and fair when dealing with issues. Unfortunately, the regional management can't be everywhere all the time. Otherwise, the pay is decent and it appears advancement is a realistic opportunity for most. It's just unfortunate that the local experience is so negative and toxic at my property.
Pros
Approachable Upper Management, Decent Pay, Opportunities for Advancement
Cons
Inconsistent Local Management Quality, Initial Training Depth
The people are terrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 21, 2017
The people in high management are not friendly. Very gossipy environment. You have to watch your back. It's a very high stress environment. Cooperate is not easy to deal with.
Great Company
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 19, 2017
PRG is a great company to work for. They offer a challenge yet relaxed office atmosphere. A family minded corporation that is continually evolving to meet the needs of it's employees.
Management is AWFUL
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  VASeptember 26, 2017
Management is awful. The expectations set are unrealistic and will not give you the help you need no matter how many times you request it. Play favoritism and if your not in the "group" regional director will make sure to make sure you fail and then fire you due to her lack of help.
Great place to work and Grow
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 25, 2017
PRG Real Estate is an excellent work place! Everything about the work environment is enjoyable, from the culture to my fellow employees, not a bad thing to say about this organization. From day one I felt at home, with a warm nurturing work environment that truly puts their employees first! I am very grateful to have found PRG and be a member of such an excellent team.
Pros
Amazing team, welcome lunches, learning environment, and growth is a priority!
Cons
None!
Family
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 14, 2017
I enjoyed working for PRG Real Estate. Very family oriented company, that encourages advancement in house. Continued education is rewarded. Great paying company with a great benefit package.
Good Company - Bad people in key positions
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 26, 2017
This company does a lot of things right, however key people in certain positions don't have the maturity to hold authority. They can be very cut throat.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Terrible Management
Advancement Opportunities and Benefits
Leasing Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 12, 2017
PRG is a great company to work for. It is easy to advance in the company and they offer lots of benefits. It is a large company that has multiple properties across the East Coast, but the communication between regions has always given me a sense of community in the property management world.
Would not recommend working for PRG in FL
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 25, 2016
This company is not experienced. They hire right out of college and give them positions and advancements with no experience. The regional was not well rounded nor experienced to be in her position. I have worked in property management for over 8 years and have worked for a couple of different companies. This one has lots of room to improve on and hiring employees with prior experience is were they need to start. The pay is on the low end, they do not give enough money in budget to make improvements that are long over due to the properties, they do not follow the policy and procedures handbook they have created, they do not have professionalism in upper management, and the list goes on. I had many issues being a property manger bringing them to my regionals attention got me no were. I took things to HR and I things were still over looked. I would not recommend working for this company. They have a lot of turn over and do nothing to prevent it.
Pros
Cons
Many read my statement
Love prg
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 20, 2016
I absolutely love PRG, the company as a whole is like a big family with plenty of room for advancement, as long as you have the right attitude and work ethic. I have learned much from my time at the PRG properties and would be more than happy to bring everything I've gained to the table in order to benefit everyone overall.
fun place to work
Property Manager/Business Manager (Former Employee) –  virginia beach, vaDecember 19, 2014
lots of traveling, management promotions, team environment, high turn over rate, nice areas to work, free apartment when hired, with utilities included. lots of perks, professional environment
Not a good company at all
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  USAJune 9, 2014
It was an OK job from a $ standpoint, but certainly not the best. I knew people that worked for other property management companies that were making significantly more.

I was working 40 hours a week, but because it was officially written down that my position was PT, I did not receive any benefits, like all the other FT people. Yet, I was scheduled and expected to work 40 hours a week!! Can you say ILLEGAL!

This company has a track record of hiring fresh from college 22 year olds and making them managers-in-training for about 6 months and then giving them their own property. Residents complained bitterly about the high turnover in staff.

I think some properties slowly get renovated, but the one I worked at had stained, dirty carpets, ancient appliances, it was just nasty! I had more than one prospective tenant look at an apartment, look at me and say 'are you f***ing kidding me'! Requests from tenants for decent appliances, new carpets, etc were turned down due to 'not enough money in the budget'. Really PRG? If you cannot afford to take care of your business, then maybe you don't need to be in business!

The CEO came out at one point with potential investors and WOW, what a hateful person. When he left, everyone was shaking their heads in disgust.

I would not work for this business again if it was the last place on earth. Oh yeah, and the senior property manager liked to curse and scream at people all the time. Everyone was always on edge, terrified about their jobs. After 9 months of this toomfoolery, I gave my 2 week notice and never looked back.
Pros
Cons
no job security, abusive senior managers, high staff turnover, poor employee morale, rude Corporate office, and embarassing place to work at really
A national real estate company specializing in apartment communities
Renovations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 16, 2014
A national real estate company specializing in apartment communities
An ok company overall.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJune 20, 2012
PRG is a decent company to work for. They pay well and are willing to train as long as long as you show initiative. They do have a problem with confidentialty. I have learned things about other employees/managers that I should not have known about. This made me be less trusting of my superiors.
Pros
competitive wages
Cons
no privacy. everybody knows everything.
It felt like a family
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 5, 2012
This was only an internship, but still the best job I've ever had due to the environment. It was an office with about 20 people total, which made it feel like a family. You wanted to get the work done because you cared about the company and not just a paycheck. It takes a wise leader to create such an environment, and PRG Real Estate has done so. Very well indeed.
Pros
lunch break anytime, recognition awards, great environment
Cons
location, traffic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PRG Real Estate. Our community is ready to answer.