Price Chopper Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,109 reviews matching the search See all 1,113 reviews
could of been fun
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJuly 19, 2018
it could be if they work together,and right training,protocol requirements was not meant.pay could of been more due to 3rd shift and there was not enough for individuals to live off on a part time bases me myself worked more as a supervisor when i was not one i worked too many other people shifts i was fired but they said i quit and was not able to collect unemployment.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
yes breaks
stressful
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montrose, PAJuly 18, 2018
coworker where lazy and but off work for others and mangement was rough and had favorites the training was minium and not helpful and if you asked questions there was no help
Great first job
Dairy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYJuly 18, 2018
This was my first job and looking back on it I enjoyed my time here. Run-of-the-mill retail job so you can guess to how the pay and hours are, not great. As a first job you cant beat it however it teaches a lot about retail.
It’s nice
Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 18, 2018
My position requires bathing, feeding, house cleaning, running errands, making sure they get the care that they need I liked it it was ok I guess I recommend
Pros
Ok
Cons
Ok
Not fun.
Cook for the Chinese (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSJuly 17, 2018
I like to cook. I got a job in the deli, and went from washing dishes to preparing the vegetables, to making the food. It was fun, but there were no opportunities for advancement.
Quick paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYJuly 16, 2018
It was usually very busy, however, you don't get much help at the registers to make the transactions go by quicker. Management was great, though other co-workers were not as cooperative.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks, not enough hours
productive
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJuly 13, 2018
i believe workers should get full benefits and higher pay grade then what expected. there is workers that are part time and get less hours due to lack of budget and effort to make sure the workers stay consistant
Pros
consistant paycheck
Cons
no money
It's a school job
Customer Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYJuly 11, 2018
It's a school job. They give you hours, usually 4 hours or less except on weekends, and they pay you if you show up. They really don't care about how you feel about the job and don't care if you leave. You probably won't get a raise and you have to seek advancements on your own, which is really just going up to a manager in their respective area, like stocking, and asking if they'll take you. It's very casual, but working the front end wears you down.
Pros
you can take off as much time as you want
Cons
virtually no raises, no paid time off, no incentives to actually work
Interesting, fast pace, friendly.
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NHJuly 11, 2018
Price Chopper Supermarkets is a fair employment opportunity provider as long as yo uh wanted to pursue that career. I will say that management could be spruced up and training could be a lot better, but for the most part HR and higher management really show concern to help you get the career you desire. Benefits and compensation is one of the best I have ever experienced, at the same time it's the only uh company to offer me benefits. All in all a great place to build a career.
Pros
Customer service focus, great dental benefits
Cons
Employee consideration, very poor training
bakery
Bakery closer (Former Employee) –  Bennington, VTJuly 10, 2018
Working for price chopper had its ups and down management was good coworkers were great always had customers wanting cakes cookies always cleaning the bakery
Pros
kepted busy
Cons
rude people
Do not work here unless you are desperate!
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Potsdam, NYJuly 9, 2018
This company has got to be the worst company I have ever worked for. They are constantly hiring but rarely give out more than 12-18 hours a week to part-timers. The fulltimers are expected to pick up all the slack for the lack of help.

All of the employees are overworked and burnt out, while others have given up caring about a company that doesn't care about them. There is no incentives. Rarely anyone is promoted within the store. Price Chopper is trying to cut out as many full time jobs as possible and it is absolutely disgusting.

Stay away from this place if you can avoid it. They don't care about their employees. All they care about is their numbers. I only continue to work at this place because there are very limited job options where I live. And unfortunately 12 hours a week is better than nothing at all.

And for those who think it is just the store I work at... I can assure you the other stores are having the same issues.
Pros
Cons
no incentives, no competive wages, terrible benefits for fulltimers, etc.
fun work place
Supervisor, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Malone, NYJuly 6, 2018
i loved working there until they starting hiring not very trust worthy people. You have never asked for time off for your self. you get back and are scheduled little to no hours. half the supervisors there are rude and don't care about the customers just their paycheck.
Pros
nothing
Cons
short breaks
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chatham, NYJuly 5, 2018
Cashier work was enjoyable at Price Chopper. I was trained in many areas and excelled in the testing. I memorized the codes, and became adept at my skills as a cashier. I learned how to be fast, efficient, and accurate on the register. I learned how to be better at my job every day of my shift. I loved the work.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Some rude people
Stressful. Under Appreciated
Grocery Team Leader (Former Employee) –  NYJuly 5, 2018
Company use to care about employees. Now, your just a body or number and disposable. Benefits were great because of the old culture. But that too will probably go to the way side. If you want to work yourself to death and get no appreciation then Price Chopper/Market 32 is the place for you.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Cons
Doesn’t care about its people.
Fun work place
customer service (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYJuly 1, 2018
Was great job just didnt work with my school schedule easy to advance in other positions and staff was nice as well as managers. Several different departments to work in.
busy
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  GuildrlandJune 29, 2018
It is busy much of the time. Stress level depends on how well staffed your department is. There is always cleaning to do if it is not a busy time. No full time unless you are in a mgmt. role.
Pros
weekely pay
Cons
no full time.
Great learning business
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJune 27, 2018
I enjoyed working at Price Chopper it was fun and easy i knew all the codes for produce etc. Lots of customers waited for me to be free just to come through my register i was able to get medical coverage for surgeries ive had along with workers paid leave and once returning they helped me do the heavy lifting and bending required it was a very comfortable place to work if ever i return to Ct. I will work there again
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
No discounts and short breaks
Too much work with too little pay
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYJune 26, 2018
Constent need to check your manager and take inventory yourself. Full time hours, double the work, part time benefits. Meaning no benefits. There may be a few nice people you meet working here but generally if you do a bit of work you suddenly turn I ok the only worker. I have been left to close many times alone in a zone that requires 3 people to function properly.
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Glenmont, NYJune 25, 2018
Working there isn't to bad just looking for a hire pay rate job. Flexible hours when needed. Job is easy. Constantly moving around. Employees are easy to work with and get along with.
Good work environment
MEAT CUTTER (Former Employee) –  Worcester County, MAJune 23, 2018
I worked in several locations for this company and was a meat cutter for many years. The work environment was friendly atmosphere was typically busy with some customer interaction. Management was good and work culture was good.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
no cons