Price Chopper Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Found 1,562 reviews matching the search See all 1,568 reviews
Cool place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  New Hartford, NYFebruary 15, 2019
It was a great company to work for leave tons of different thing analyst food and cleaning which I use in everyday life now. Love learning about how to cook and make different foods and what makes thing taste great
I love my job!
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Norwich, NYFebruary 14, 2019
Price Chopper is a great place to work! It can get hectic at times but everyone makes your shift amazing! I have made a lot of lifelong friends while working there.
Good Workers Driven Away
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guilderland, NYFebruary 8, 2019
The job was typical. The days were hectic. Customers were rude over coupons. They management made work difficult to love. The only bright side were the coworkers, but they were driven away by management. The store constant had leaks in the ceiling.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
management
Great Employer
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Cicero, NYFebruary 7, 2019
This was my first job out of high school. Excellent opportunities for those of the same age. Advancement is welcome at this job. My time spent working for this organization was thoroughly enjoyed.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
job was kinda boring
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CTFebruary 6, 2019
customers always mad for things your can't control, management changes and differences in management styles were very ugly. good coworkers, not enough pay yet always asked to do more
Pros
got your breaks, and paid time off after working for so long
Cons
bad pay, low hours
Great place to work.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Watervliet, NYFebruary 6, 2019
Friendly, convenient locations, nice coworkers, I learned about how to correctly wrap & stock different meats. I also learned a lot about customer service.
Not Impressed
Front end Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bennington, VTFebruary 3, 2019
Management is a joke. Provided a doctors note for a very sensitive time in my life, and was let go by management who stated that I needed to pick up my last paycheck instead of understanding the medical emergency.
Great starter job for a career but not forever
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, KSJanuary 31, 2019
Price Chopper is great for students or if you really want to work in a grocery store setting. No great pay or benefits, no advancement and schedule is the worst. The only great thing is the employees really care about everyone-
Pros
Employees
Cons
Schedule, Pay, Benefits, Advancement
price chopper
Deil (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 29, 2019
I work at the deli I was a good experts for me. my co-works was so sweet to me and we always had a good time working. I learn a lot of new things like cutting meat and cheese and all the different kind of meat and cheese
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYJanuary 25, 2019
Other employees were friendly. Job was fast paced and somewhat stressful. At times I was responsible for a lot of money and balancing the cash registers at the end of the night.
Pros
Time went by fast
Cons
Stressful
Job description
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, KSJanuary 22, 2019
• Assist customers with their needs.
• Check in the new medication to the pharmacy and restock supplies.
• Help the pharmacist with filling of prescriptions.
Cons
Do not pay for Tech licenses
Unsatisfying to the highest degree.
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Taylor, PAJanuary 21, 2019
A typical day at work can be anywhere from legitimately dead and management looking to cut hours or completely packed and drastically under-staffed depending on the time.

I learned a lot about how easily management will take advantage of you if you work hard and perform well, speaking of management the entire company seems to be completely mis-managed from top to bottom but everyone seems to be waiting for the stores to be sold off to another company.

The only positive is the people you work with who are for the most part good people but they're also all people who get taken advantage of so it's not really camaraderie as much as it is "Can you believe we're both stuck getting screwed like this?" However these are the same people you'll be fighting for hours against so even that isn't really a positive.

The hardest part of the job is the micro-management of those in higher up positions than you, even if you know how to do your job better than anyone else you will still be criticized AKA "It's never enough" syndrome.

The most enjoyable part of the hob, like I said is the people. The customers and your fellow low-level co-workers.
Cons
Hours
Eh
Assistant meat cutter (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTJanuary 21, 2019
All I did was stock the freezer section and then assist customers with any daily needs in the store. It’s a simple job but lacks any depth to it and anyone could do it.
Fire people who dont work
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYJanuary 18, 2019
There was times I witnessed my manager take and I counted 18 cigarette breaks and he will be outside for 25-35 minutes. Which causes him to slack horrificly when it's time to end our shift
Pros
Amazing crew
Cons
1 horrible night manager
Good opportunity
Bakery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 17, 2019
Good company end I got a good experience for the future probably I will be a store manager they have great career to move up and up and Olso good benefits.
Absolutely amazing work environment
Deli Worker (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSJanuary 17, 2019
I love working at price chopper. Everyone is so friendly and everyone works as a team. You feel so close to everyone. Customers are awesome! Just a good place to work at.
Pros
Doing up and beyond you get a free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
its ok
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 15, 2019
its ok if u need a quick job but the customers are very rude and can test ur patients. they like to tell u everything ur doing wrong,, the management can be poor. but they pay weekly and give you hours.
Pros
pay weekly, benefits and hours
Cons
short breaks and poor management
It's an alright place to work if you need a flexible schedule
Price Accuracy Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYJanuary 13, 2019
They were always able to work with me around my children and their schedules. The option to work and be a mom isn't always an easy one but for the most part Price Chopper has been very helpful with that.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not great pay
I love the pharmacy so it was fun
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJanuary 11, 2019
Overall the company doesn’t follow its rules as a whole and only chooses to when they want to. Management doesn’t know the rules and neither do the department heads.
very easy job and laid back
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Rotterdam, NYJanuary 11, 2019
typical day is to come in go to dispatchers room and pick work by senority, pre trip and pick up a pre loaded trailer and head out to stores to make deliveries any where from 1 to 6 stops. When you get to a store you can either help unload or not with an electric pallet jack. And your last stop is usually drop and hook unless you have a back haul then go back to yard and repeat. Hardest part of the job is turning the crank handle for the landing gear on trailer.
Although job is easy some dispatchers play favorites and you will see all certain guys starting out with runs from 3 to 500 miles to start. And if your picking at the bottom you will start off from 20 to 60 miles and will be local for the day.
You are paid by miles and activities performed with a base rate of $17 an hour and top rate at $22 if you are stuck waiting after an hour at a store or a half hour at the terminal. I believe its 43 cents to start top rate is around 56 cents per mile. pay scale can be confusing but on average starting out at bottom rate you can make 700 to 900 a week. Just like any job gossip runs rampant keep quiet and do your job and you will be left alone. average hours is 8 to 10 hours a day with an occassional 14 hour day when very busy usually around holidays and summer months. Dispatchers give you an option to go home when you are re dispatched. which is nice since most companies I have worked for burn you out with 14 hour days and more daily.
benefits are ok in price and coverage with lots of options but all with deductibles. you start out with 5 floating holidays and 5 personal days
  more... and a week vacation after a year with company.  less
Pros
easy job and no one bothers you.
Cons
favoritism and slow down in winter months. pay is erratic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Price Chopper Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss