Price Chopper Employee Reviews

Price chopper
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYDecember 9, 2018
It was a great job but not enough hours and didn’t like being harrassed.

Many friendly people
Good management
Very friendly customers and customer service
Pros
Cons
Shirt
Working was a nice Job but they just didn't pay enough
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  6327 Brook side PlazaDecember 7, 2018
I was at work i had to take all the Groceries back where hey came from and i had to face different ales and i had to do the ice cream ales and pizzas ale to that was kinda cool to me.
This job was okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KS 66206December 6, 2018
I was a cashier, only worked part time. Only went to school. Compensation was minimum, handled cash and interacted with customer to make their grocery shopping experience great.
It's a mixed bag
Front End Associate (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTDecember 6, 2018
I dislike being there, no advancement or encouragement from the higher ups, very fair in hours & benefits but only if you put in avg of 20hrs for the year but the benefits are great . They are fair at giving hours if needed, It's a thankless job unless you are a suck up.
Pros
benefits, availability.
Cons
short breaks, rude customers, poor management
Price chopper - not worth it
Customer Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Oneonta NYDecember 6, 2018
Unless you've been working there for years (and even then) you may be stuck in your low-end position with them as a cashier or a produce associate for years to come. Strongly disliked going in to work every day, and had a difficult time pushing myself through the day.

Not a friendly or easy work environment.
Was a good place
Café Manager (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYDecember 6, 2018
I was a café manager and my day would start with getting coffee, grill and all heating equipment going for the day. I would make any premade sandwiches. I then would start waiting on costumers as well continue with any orders of sandwiches, premade items that needed to be displayed packaged and place out. I would review supplies to be ordered. Order supplies, sign for supplies, make schedule for the week, do payroll, hire people. I cannot say there was anything hard about this job. The work culture was great when I began as there was the ability to advance which I did. But probably my last 5 years with the company it changed regarding any advancement as they really no longer offered it. This made it hard to keep any good help that one my hire as these folks wanted to move forward but there was no option. With that said you would loose those good employees. I enjoyed what I did. The best part was my fellow employees as well as the customers that you would see from day to day.
Pros
Work well with your schedule
Cons
There is no advancement with this company anymore.
its a job
Assistant Night Manager (Current Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PADecember 5, 2018
it has its ups and downs no real advancement chance and poor management, lack of help there more interested in making money with out help then giving help to get done what you need to or be less stressed
Quick-paced and fulfilling if you enjoy customer interaction
PRODUCE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  St. Albans, VTDecember 5, 2018
Quick-paced and fulfilling if you enjoy customer interaction and manual labor. Strive for full-time if you can; part-time employment yields few benefits.

Great management team that is willing to listen and vouch for you if you work hard.
Pros
Hands-on, quick-paced work; have to work with the general public
Cons
Few benefits for part-time status; have to work with the general public
Welcoming environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kearney, MODecember 4, 2018
Overall price chopper wasn’t a terrible place to work. There is a lot of teamwork involved and a lot of you doing many different jobs to help everyone.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not paid enough for the work you do
Good
grocery team member (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CTNovember 30, 2018
It was a great first job experience, good environment with Friendly customers and team members. I worked in three different departments in my time there.
I loved working at price chopper
Sacker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, MONovember 28, 2018
I worked here through out my high school career. It taught me responsibility, and other very good qualities. They were flexible with my school schedule and sports schedule, and they always put school before anything!
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, MONovember 23, 2018
It was nice place to work but some of the workers were off task, was a fair pay, but not so much benefits, didn't give discounts. I hated doing carts especially in the hot summer, and they didn't seem to care about their workers.
Pros
Got to socialize, 30 minute breaks
Cons
not so much hours
Great place to work if you aren't into growth or respect
Customer Service/Cash Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MONovember 20, 2018
Management does not believe in giving employees's the respect they deserve nor do they treat them as fellow human beings. Pigeon holed to one position and don't expect to move up or earn a decent wage.
Pros
Leaving for a new company
Cons
Short staffed and no help from management
Not a bad place to work
Cashier/Sacker/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Smithville, MONovember 19, 2018
I worked here before it became Price Chopper but left due to college. They allowed me to come back to work during the summer. I liked my job in the deli, but management wasn't the greatest. Later, I worked at the register and as a stocker and bagger. The people I worked with were nice and friendly.
Pros
Decent coworkers
Cons
Lots of standing, grouchy customers
Not a Bad Place to Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, MONovember 17, 2018
I worked here for almost a year and I enjoyed the experience I had. Management was great, fun co-workers, and it provided a very friendly environment. The only thing I didn't like was the pay.
Pros
Great and friendly work environment
Cons
Short break, pay is low
Not great communication and too many hours.
Asistant Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MONovember 12, 2018
Too many hours working for salary pay. Poor communication skills. One hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing. 2nd shift has a great teamwork mentality, though.
Highschool Job
HEAD CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Bonner Springs, KSNovember 11, 2018
An okay job for someone in high school but nothing much for anyone trying to excel. Management is nothing special and does not interact much with the part-time employees.
Stressful and Poor Management
Sacker (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MONovember 7, 2018
It was a very stressful place to work. The managers I had at the time were rude because there was so much going on. Also, the customers were often very demanding of us and it was hard to get them everything they needed in the short time we interacted.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Poor managment, no benefits, mimimum wage, short breaks
Productive and chilled workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grandview, MONovember 6, 2018
The staff can definitely be friendly and they definitely have good teamwork. I’d say the hardest part of the job is definitely adapting to a quick-pace. The most enjoyable part of the job is maintaining those good relationships with your coworkers.
A typical day at work and working for the Cosentino's Family
Asst office manager (Former Employee) –  Raymore, MONovember 5, 2018
I really enjoyed working there, great people to work for. I put a lot of years in with that company and learned a lot over those years. We worked hard, but we also had fun and tried to make it a pleasant shopping experience for our customers. On our busy days I liked how everyone pulled together to get the customers taken care of so they could be on their way.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, and great people to work with