PRIDE Industries Pay & Benefits reviews

Workplace for PRIDE Industries
Landscaping and Groundskeeper Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYMay 21, 2019
We started at daylight every day and most of the time we would work till dark because people who were disable could only work so a certain amount a week so it would not interfere with disable benefits, therefore we would take the extra hours and we would get overtime for our work. I liked showing people how to use their skills to work better and learn the best way to do the job using those skills. My manager would do all that he could to help people who worked hard, so the hard work paid off and those who were hired were good, skilled workers. The hardest part of the job was when you are first hired and had to weed-eat for 12 plus hours a day and it was hard getting noticed until you put in extra work and skills. The best parts of the job was when it would rain, and the bosses would take people who worked the hardest to lunch at O'Charley's and treat us to all you could eat and drink. Working for PRIDE Industries was on of the best jobs I have ever had.
Pros
The money and the people
Cons
Hot weather
Excellent work environment
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 17, 2019
I really enjoyed the time i worked there i met alot of great people picked up alot of valuable work experience and they truly take care of their employees
Pros
flexability
Not a good company
Lead Stocker (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 1, 2019
The company has poor management skills. Its very stressful and always standing for long periods of times. They never tells you that you do a good job, its always negativity there in the work site. If your productivity isn't at 100% stocking then your pay will decrease.
A non profit company that helps disabled people
Custodial Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAMarch 10, 2019
This company helped persons with disabilities work. I worked mostly in the janitorial field. I also worked in a warehouse the manufactured Apple phone boxes.
Pros
Low key environment
Cons
Low hourly rate
Productive very interactive with eachother
Environmental Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 5, 2019
Very good company to work for, the work environment was a first but it got better. The employees that I've worked with were very friendly and most of time very helpful. Pay was up there, and was more then expecting. Overall pride industries gives opportunities to all.
Pros
1hr lunch, good pay
Cons
Favoritism
Food Service
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Beale AFB, CAMarch 4, 2019
Great place to work and start a career. Lots of fun to be there and the people are fun to work with. the benefits are good but could always be better.
Pros
Pay
Cons
I enjoyed working with pride was my first job I learned a lot
Janitor (Former Employee) –  TAFBFebruary 17, 2019
I enjoyed working there I learned how to work with people with disability and safety skills and janitorial skills boss was super friendly funny fast placed job definitely would’ve have stay but I moved outta that town they didn’t pride were I moved to
Pros
No pride in sum locations
Cons
Benefits pay coworkers and bosses
Great Place Bad Pay
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 23, 2019
The management and clients are awesome. The hours are good. Do not expect to use any vacation time unless you ask for it more than six months in advance. Also no advancement opportunity.
Productive work place
Workers Compensation Billing/Collection Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 3, 2019
Great people at all levels of the company - like joining a family and everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together
Interesting projects - I have worked at years at this facility .A great culture - coming to work is fun and there are always something for everyone.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Disability company??
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXDecember 20, 2018
This company doesn’t care about disable employees, they care for money coming in from Government that’s it. I’ve experience and and lots of other employees that are still employed. Once hired you loose your disability benefit with government forcing you to get medical benefits with Pride at a very high rate. Even though you get the health and welfare benefits you still end up paying over $171 a week. Employees are afraid to speak up because they are afriad to get terminated. This tells you all...
Pros
Cons
Interest in government benefits only. “Tax Credit”
Great company but needs local improvement.
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXOctober 19, 2018
The pay is good, benefits are good (depending on the position). There are opportunities for advancement but unfortunately favoritism factors into it. Most areas of management need improvement and that is due to the fact that many of them lack leadership skills as well as organization.
Work culture varies but in my area it is straight forward, we are always busy and they days go by quick.
Hardest part of the job is trying to meet deadlines due to the large workload we try to juggle.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to learn something new each day. Each day is different and poses a new challenge. This keeps me motivated and willing to progress.
Pros
Mon- Fri job, pay is good for my area, paid vacations and holidays
Cons
Poor management, government contract could lead to layoffs due to budget cuts
Decent
Traffic Clerk (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 9, 2018
Poor management. Poor pay. Poor medical benefits. Most of the people in the warehouse are friendly, the office workers however are very rude. Working hours are nice.
great comradery with coworkers
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAJuly 24, 2018
It was a great atmosphere, everyone was always willing to jump in and complete the job. I did not enjoy their monthly meeting they seem to waste everyone's time and didn't accomplish much.
Pros
pay and benifits
Cons
worrying about prides contract
Great company to work for
PC Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJune 26, 2018
PRIDE Industries is the first largest company I've worked for and it has been a great learning experience. However, there are no advancement opportunities for my position so I feel like I need to look elsewhere to find a company that promotes individuals. The workplace culture is great, considering they are all about hiring people with disabilities.
Benefits
Cons
Healthcare
Do not care about employees
General Clerk III/Fleet Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJune 25, 2018
Managment and supervisors will throw anyone under the bus just so they can get the edge up to advance. Hard work is hardly recognized and many under-appreciated hard workers are leaving. Most of the supervisors or salary level people are related so some managers in some way. Just about who you know there.
Pros
Free quarterly breakfastes
Cons
short breaks, understaffed
it was a all day job but we did have a little fun when we could
Pride Staff (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 12, 2018
It was a easy job it was just little pay we have to be there everyday at 7 but are sometimes late because of security and get paid no real money and we on get 2 breaks that's only 15 minutes long.
ok job
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 12, 2018
this is not the best job out there but the benefits are great! Its very relaxed and at times can be stressful. You don't get raises which sucks but at least you get paid holidays.
Professional company.
Production Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJune 11, 2018
Busy work environment. Company provides maintenance services for the military. Management tends to micromanage. Company works to provide a good work environment for its' employees.
Benefits
Cons
Expensive Health Insurance
Great place to work at
Maintenance Trades Helper (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJune 4, 2018
Would still be working there if it wasn't for the contract negotiations. Good friends to work learn and be around with. Great pay, excellent accommodation.
N/a
Warehouse shipper (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 30, 2018
I don't really remember it was a very long time ago. really nice laid back job. Everyone is so friendly . Nice lunches . nice breaks. Hardwork everyday all day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PRIDE Industries. Our community is ready to answer.