Pride Mobility Employee Reviews

Awful Company to Work for
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PAApril 14, 2019
Working for Pride Mobility Products was by far the best mistake of my career.
The biggest problem is Management because everyone is completely clueless.
They are also notorious for laying people off so there is heavy turnover at this company (someone gets laid off once a week).
The pay is awful and you never receive any recognition for doing a good job.
The only way you can advance is being friend with upper or senior management.
Pride is so desperate for good reviews on indeed that they send emails to current employees and ask them to write positive reviews.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Management and rude employees
One of the Best Place I've Worked
Assembler/Production (Current Employee) –  Duryea, PAMarch 26, 2019
I had been disappointed with the job opportunities in my line of technical expertise, and an acquaintance recommended I look into Pride Mobility after hearing good feedback. I haven't looked back since. What first struck me was the welcoming and positive attitude held by both the employees and leadership. The atmosphere was friendly, and those around me offered help, advice and training in a relaxed and constructive way- generously giving time out of their day to help me learn the ropes. I had been previously used to opposite conditions, so imagine my enthusiasm. While the initial pay gave me a moment of hesitation, I quickly found out that when Pride Mobility says they use merit and effort as a gauge for adjusting your pay- they mean it. If you're willing to learn, volunteer, and are willing to really go for it- you will find that pay as "an issue" erodes rapidly.
Pride Mobility takes their company values and caring attitude seriously. They are not prone to lip service corporate "values", and are highly responsive when it comes to issues you may be having at work OR at home. When they talk about safety, it's not like most companies where they talk a good game, and then ask you to clear a jam out of a throttling wood chipper. The pace can be quick, but the expectations are reasonable- this is a balance that is hard to find. While you'd naturally want to push yourself to do the best you can (referencing again the factoring in of merit into your pay), no one is going to be standing over you with a whip and shouting, either.
To make a long story short, I really enjoy my job,
  more... I like my community of coworkers, and at the end of the day- you're doing a great thing for disabled folks who need a helping hand becoming mobile.  less
Pros
Workplace Environment, Advancement, Quality of Life, Company Events, Benefits
Cons
Cafeteria food can be pricey
Fabric sewer (Former Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSMarch 19, 2019
Good place to work. The management needs a lot of improvement. The way they interact with employees is good but they need work on their one on one communication.
Terrible place to work.
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Duryea, PAMarch 15, 2019
They will chew you up and spit you out. Dont waste your time with these people. The fabrication area is very dirty. Very little ventilation. I left work looking like a coal miner. I woke up with a swollen throat from breathing in all the metal flake in the air. Supervisors are clueless and play favorites especially with women.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Low pay. Fabrication area is very dirty.
Overall good company to work for
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSFebruary 18, 2019
I am thankful for Pride giving me my first full-time job after completing college. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with a variety of internal departments. It's exciting to take on a new challenge each day. My manager is fairly "hands-off," which I personally prefer. The hardest part of the job is, occasionally, not fully understanding expectations. Communication could be improved. I feel that Pride priorities better health insurance over higher salaries. As a healthy individual, I prioritize salary over health insurance, but I understand the need for both. The workplace culture is friendly, for the most part. In this position I've learned a lot about the regulations for the manufacture of medical devices. I enjoy working with a company that makes products that improve the lives of people with disabilities.
Pros
Healthcare, Vacation, Pto, Birthday lunches
Cons
Salary, Communication
amazing coworkers
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Duryea, PAFebruary 12, 2019
The best thing about working at Pride Mobility Products Corp. are the employees. Everyone works together as a team. Benefits are good. Fast paced environment!
Company that truly makes a difference in people's lives
Current employee - anonymous (Current Employee) –  Duryea, PAJanuary 16, 2019
The company culture promotes growth and development of employees. I feel they are continuously striving to listen to feedback from employees and work to execute a fair and productive environment. I feel like I am part of an organization that cares and gives back to employees. The benefits are fantastic as are the "employee perks" such as employee luncheons, giveaways, and discounts with local and national businesses.
Pros
Lots of employee perks & great benefits
Cons
Nothing I could think of at this time
cut throat
NA (Former Employee) –  Duryea, PAJanuary 13, 2019
Place is run by bullies and Managers that are clueless and never Managed before. Completely run like a dictatorship because its privately owned and they can get a way with it.
Work like dogs in poor conditions.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
Too many to mentioned.
Good place to work!
Technician (Current Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSDecember 9, 2018
Very good at first, pay and benefits are great.I just feel it's time to move forward.I'm looking forward to the future with another common the area of North Mississippi.
good work environment, great benefits
Quantum Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Duryea, PADecember 6, 2018
Quantum is a good place to work. The benefits are great, and there is room for advancement or movement within the company. Training was thorough, and knowing that you are making a difference in people's lives is very satisfying.
Pros
great benefits, advancement possibilities
Cons
short breaks
Greatest company i have worked for
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Duryea, PANovember 26, 2018
Working for pride isnt just a job. It isnt just a career. They make a difference in every day living for people. I love the fact they can do extraordinary customizations to adapt so people can live day to day. They actually care. Not only about the clients, but also their employees. They know everyone on a first name basis. Always acknowledging you. They do amazing yet simple things to show they do appreciate you. From simple bbq's in the parking lot, to having fund raisers to people in need. If you want to work for a company that cares and shows it, this is 100% the place.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PANovember 7, 2018
Pride was a great place to build a career. They offered advancement along with fair compensation and benefit package. The offered a match to the 401k package.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
Unreasonable level of expectations from management
Credit Department (Current Employee) –  Exeter, PAOctober 17, 2018
I have worked for the company 20+ years and have had many experiences. Over the years I have advanced in the company through hard work and dedication. They have always been fair with benefits and salary increases. As with any business there are challenges daily and we work to improve for the good of the company.

We are like a family and it makes going to work enjoyable,
Pros
Benefits, Health Fairs, Bithday Luncheons, Security, Holiday Activities
Cons
none that I can think of
Great place to work.
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILOctober 8, 2018
Really liked working here. Start on the dock and worked up to management position. Would have stayed on but DC shut down. No opening available at other DC's for my position.
Pride is a fun place to work
Industrial Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSSeptember 3, 2018
I really enjoy working for pride.Even though the job is fast pace! Pride sponsors many company events centered around motivating and encouraging employees.Pride is very safety oriented.Being a fork lift operator/instructor/trainer makes my job very enjoyable and meaningful.
Reliable place you can count on
Assembler (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVAugust 30, 2018
I have been working for pride mobility for just over three years now. Just like any job it’s what you make of it. Guaranteed 40 hrs a week, some overtime towards the end of the month to push numbers. Paid vacation depending on how long you are with company, also paid sick time. Benefits are fantastic. 401k with company match. Pride mobility also has an ESOP program as well. Honestly the work is not hard very easy to learn if you are willing to listen and put in the work. Obviously just like any other job pride mobility has rules in place and if you choose not to follow them there are consequences. If you show up to work everyday on time ,work hard you will be rewarded. Managers are very easy going, very understanding and always listen if you have problems. Open door policy with headquarters in Pennsylvania with direct numbers to higher up bosses you can contact whenever you like. Human Resources again very approachable and professional. Pride mobility has a family picnic every year also has several cook outs for employees throughout the year. I have really enjoyed my time at pride mobility these last three years and look forward to many more years with the company.
Pros
Medical, vision, dental, 401k, esop, paid sick time, paid vacation time
A Great Company to work For
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  CorporateAugust 29, 2018
Pride is a great company to work for, it truly values their employees. Hard work is recognized and rewarded. In addition to the awesome benefits they offer, the company is involved in giving back to the community. Employees take great "pride" in the products manufactured, knowing peoples lives are impacted in a positive way.

The management team encourages and welcomes input from their employees. They not only listen, they act on it.
Pros
Awesome benefits, 401K plan with a company match, numerous employee functions including an annual family picnic.
Cons
None that come to mind. Very happy with my expereince
Great company,great people and great benefits
Illustrator (Current Employee) –  Pittston, PAAugust 29, 2018
I've been working with Pride Mobility for almost 17 years. I have found that the work I do at Pride to be rewarding. The work is rewarding in that we create products that improve the quality of life in many individuals. Also, working with a great team of individuals is also rewarding.
Pros
Pride does makes a strong effort in being employee/family oriented, with after work activities, luncheons, etc.
Monotonous and mismanaged!
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2018
First and foremost, this company (Western region) is shadowed by the HQ in PA. No matter what work is done here it should reflect PA which is not plausible due to the fact PA has different work instructions and has an almost 5:1 assembler ratio. Management is a bit awkward, there is a total of two managers (one who isn't even in charge of anyone in the building; they're in charge of two individuals in PA but works here). The production supervisor (new) who micromanages EVERYBODY as if the world is going to end if an assembler isn't blindly assembling some component for the product that will be coming down the assembly line the following day and or week later because the logistics portion (they're also in charge of) fails multiple times to order parts ahead of time. Also if you plan on indulging yourself with relaxation during your 15 minute breaks or 30 minute lunch forget it! You have to be back at your station and ready (tools in hand) at least 3 minutes before the break/lunch is over and if you're even a minute late you will be written up because the production supervisor sits at the entrance to the production floor and watches every employee enter the production floor. The production lead was fine, very helpful and had a vast knowledge of most of the products the company offered. Lack of a ME (Manufacturing Engineer) on site, when something is broken or needs to be altered or the "program" used for work instructions is incorrect we have to wait for PA to come to town and pretend (I mean pretend) to fix the issue. When I started in 2018 there was a list for change request  more... from 1 work station that started back in November 2017 and was not looked at until April 2018 when some things were fixed. They need an ME on site and refuse to hire one. Before I left they decided to make everyone cross-train so no matter what they had a backup for each station; unfortunately employees began being terminated almost every two weeks before anyone could be trained to back fill. The company is disorganized and if you want "advance" here you have to brown nose.
To summarize management:
Production Manager - cool guy, laid back but not familiar with assembly nor can they perform the assembly.
Production Supervisor - micro-manager no idea what each assembler is assembling nor can they perform the assembly.
Production Lead - Great guy, very knowledgeable.
Stay away from Quality, the're two-faced and will throw you under the bus and trade places with the driver to ensure the bus drives over you forward and backwards. But truth is Quality has no idea how to assemble any of the chairs (kind of odd, shouldn't quality be the best of the best?). LAST BUT NOT LEAST if it's YOUR birthday you get an hour lunch! But to receive this hour long lunch you MUST watch a 30 minute video about the company (has nothing to do with your birthday) then you MUST participate in the festivities (which are not really for you). If you choose not to do any of the two you get a 30 minute lunch and looked down upon. If you're looking for a job with a WWII structured assembly line this is for you!
Benefits
Cons
Management, pay, lack of training and no moral.
Productive and fast-paced workplace with focused personnel
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PAJuly 18, 2018
Pride was a great place to work. Although there were exceptions, for the most part everyone there was very focused on accomplishing projects and many new and inventive products made their way to market. The work schedule was great with very few weekend days ever required and no holidays.

My salary in the time I was there was fair and as with any company many people complained but I felt it was adequate.

My manager at Pride was an extremely hard-working and intelligent man with a drive to succeed that never wavered. I learned more from him there than I learned from all my other managers in my work life combined.
Pros
Hours, salary, adequate support to accomplish projects
Cons
occasional management conflicts and changing priorities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pride Mobility. Our community is ready to answer.