Pride Mobility Employee Reviews

Monotonous and mismanaged!
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2018
First and foremost, this company (Western region) is shadowed by the HQ in PA. No matter what work is done here it should reflect PA which is not plausible due to the fact PA has different work instructions and has an almost 5:1 assembler ratio. Management is a bit awkward, there is a total of two managers (one who isn't even in charge of anyone in the building; they're in charge of two individuals in PA but works here). The production supervisor (new) who micromanages EVERYBODY as if the world is going to end if an assembler isn't blindly assembling some component for the product that will be coming down the assembly line the following day and or week later because the logistics portion (they're also in charge of) fails multiple times to order parts ahead of time. Also if you plan on indulging yourself with relaxation during your 15 minute breaks or 30 minute lunch forget it! You have to be back at your station and ready (tools in hand) at least 3 minutes before the break/lunch is over and if you're even a minute late you will be written up because the production supervisor sits at the entrance to the production floor and watches every employee enter the production floor. The production lead was fine, very helpful and had a vast knowledge of most of the products the company offered. Lack of a ME (Manufacturing Engineer) on site, when something is broken or needs to be altered or the "program" used for work instructions is incorrect we have to wait for PA to come to town and pretend (I mean pretend) to fix the issue. When I started in 2018 there was a list for change request  more... from 1 work station that started back in November 2017 and was not looked at until April 2018 when some things were fixed. They need an ME on site and refuse to hire one. Before I left they decided to make everyone cross-train so no matter what they had a backup for each station; unfortunately employees began being terminated almost every two weeks before anyone could be trained to back fill. The company is disorganized and if you want "advance" here you have to brown nose.
To summarize management:
Production Manager - cool guy, laid back but not familiar with assembly nor can they perform the assembly.
Production Supervisor - micro-manager no idea what each assembler is assembling nor can they perform the assembly.
Production Lead - Great guy, very knowledgeable.
Stay away from Quality, the're two-faced and will throw you under the bus and trade places with the driver to ensure the bus drives over you forward and backwards. But truth is Quality has no idea how to assemble any of the chairs (kind of odd, shouldn't quality be the best of the best?). LAST BUT NOT LEAST if it's YOUR birthday you get an hour lunch! But to receive this hour long lunch you MUST watch a 30 minute video about the company (has nothing to do with your birthday) then you MUST participate in the festivities (which are not really for you). If you choose not to do any of the two you get a 30 minute lunch and looked down upon. If you're looking for a job with a WWII structured assembly line this is for you!
Benefits
Cons
Management, pay, lack of training and no moral.
Great Local Place to Work
Credit Department (Current Employee) –  Exeter, PAJuly 6, 2018
I'm currently in my 19th year w/ the Company and I wouldn't trade it for anything else.

I really like my job, my department, my co-workers, the overall benefits, other co-workers whom I've met through Pride, the location, and the daily atmosphere.

Pride is a very successful and growing company!

It offers many great benefits to their employees and it's so much like family there.

I have seen many changes throughout the 19 years, some good and some not so good but the company never gave up. It keeps going and wants to help those who need it. People have come and gone but that never ruined Pride's reputation.

I am very happy to have finally found a job that I enjoy doing everyday.
Pros
Benefits, Birthday Lunches, Health Fairs, Monitored Parking Lot, Security, Clean Lunch Rooms, Clean Bathrooms and much more
Cons
none that i can think of
not too bad
Custom Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Duryea PaJuly 5, 2018
I like what I do and who I work with but raises and advancement are slim. Favoritism shows it face just like any other company. Management is pretty good but some tend to not think about others.
Pros
benifits, outings, lunches, and most of all the people
Cons
Low raises, not enough communicatio between departments
Great place to work with excellent benefits and team collaboration.
R&D (Current Employee) –  ExeterJune 20, 2018
Pride Mobility boasts a number of perks that make it a great place to work. You truly feel taken care of in the health/benefits department, but beyond that, Pride offers a number of services to employees that are stand-out, such as wellness fairs, employee appreciation picnics throughout the year, on-site massages that you can sign up for, numerous fun giveaways, etc.

Aside from these large picture, company-wide features, I can honestly say that my team is wonderful. We collaborate well together, and my manager is always available to answer questions and to help, and even encourages question-asking. Overall my experience with my team has been great and I am very appreciative of Pride going the extra mile with additional benefits and perks.
They are not professional
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 18, 2018
Pride is a horrible company to work for They treat their employees like children. New management started and the moral in the warehouse left. Noone wants to work there anymore.
Great company and great benefits
Quantum (Current Employee) –  Duryea, PAMay 15, 2018
I have worked for Pride for 2 and a half years. In that time I was eligible for and received 2 promotions. I enjoy the job and it is very centered on giving our customers their mobility. The health benefits are incredible!! I have actually recommended Pride to several people who have gone on to get jobs within the company. They are very happy with the decision! A great place to work!
Pros
Free lunches, events, health benefits are great, stock sharing, 401 k, time off is given in a timely manner
Cons
Short breaks
Looking back at the past decade
Account Executive/Sales (Current Employee) –  Exeter, PAApril 10, 2018
Pride offers so many benefits to employees that are reflected in other posts, that I won't elaborate. They are the best out there. Social media and the influx of young, talented new employees have helped with social media and targeting the consumers. We worked through the medicare set back and strengthened our company with new innovative products. Many times the consumer calls the provider before they are even aware of the new products. This really went viral with the launch of the Jazzy Air. Pride is not stopping now! Pride's CEO speaks to the employees with a monthly birthday lunch informing everyone of the direction of the company, challenges and changes.
Pros
Every benefit imaginable, plus extras.
Cons
A challenging computer system
Bad place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSMarch 29, 2018
If you know someone in management your GOLD but if not they act like your not there except when they need you. They do not address employee issues. A very unfair and unequal rights place to work. I'm white. They scared of blacks.
Pros
Ok pay if they don't kill u to get it
Cons
Too many high society think they so good employees
You can probably do better.
Inside Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PAMarch 27, 2018
You know what? It's fine. It's a gig.

The place is the definition of mediocre. The management is woefully inept, but they'll mostly ignore you, if you stay quiet.

The pay is a joke. If you crack $15/hr, congratulations, you're among the elite.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Low pay, no advancement
Great Place To Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Exeter, PAMarch 26, 2018
I have been with Pride Mobility Products for almost 15 years. Pride is a great local, family owned company that takes very good care of their employees. The most enjoyable part of my job is how great it feels to help someone with their mobility device. If their product isn't functioning, they can't get around. Pride has a great team atmosphere as well as great benefits. I highly recommend Pride and intend on staying for years to come.
Pros
Team atmosphere, lunch and learns, holiday luncheons
Cons
Awesome company that cares about their employees
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Exeter, PAJanuary 30, 2018
Pride is a great company to work for. Pride is a family friendly company that offers great benefits, the Health Care benefits are one of the best in the area. Many of the perks include holiday luncheons, summer cookouts that are served by the management team. It's nice to know that you are appreciated for your hard work.

My manager, while busy, always has time to address any of my concerns and works with me to solve any problem that I may have.

It is a great feeling working for a manufacturer who's products impact so many lives; this is what I am most proud of. This company makes a difference and I'm glad to be a part of.
Pros
Great benefits, family friendly employer
It was ok to work there the co worker are good people not management
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 21, 2018
This company is so money hungry they only care about the number of chairs we could finish everyday they only care about the numbers not the quality no bonuses or anything nothing for thanksgiving or Christmas no party’s it’s like working for Scrooge
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Not working for pride anymore
Fast paced, interesting work but a very upbeat place to work
Account Executive/Sales (Current Employee) –  Exeter, PADecember 14, 2017
Whether you are starting a career or looking for a career change, talk to anyone working at Pride Mobility Products to help make your decision. More than half of my co-workers have been with Pride 10 years or more. Why? Company loyalty, great health insurance benefits, continuing education aide, holiday parties, family picnics, lunch and learn classes, employee appreciation lunches and the list goes on. Employees are friendly and respected by the company. Pride Mobility also offers career advancement from the inside first.

The work is challenging and fun at the same time. It’s good to know that the work you are doing is helping others in need of our products. Truly a great place to work!
Pros
Great Health Benefits, holiday parties, birthday luncheons, no nights or weekends!
If youre not friends with someone in the company dont apply.
Distribution Operator (Current Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSDecember 12, 2017
Unless you know someone or have your foot in the door with management you're screwed. You'll be treated like you're not working hard enough even if you give it your all while the others get to do whatever they want.
Great coworkers but awful clientele!
Sucker (Current Employee) –  Exeter, PADecember 5, 2017
Coworkers are the reason I can still have a tolerable day. Pride’s clientele is the bottom of the barrel! Nasty and ignorant and so not understanding of how the process works. They throw fits when they don’t get something for free. Very poor and uneducated and unwilling to heed to advice. They often want something for free! Compensation sucks too! They like to give out food but no money or bonuses. Very stressful job and very unrewarding. Their computer system is archaic and very difficult to navigate, teach and use every day. It seems to me that the blind guides the blind here. Nobody wants to take responsibility about anything.
Cons
The Clientelle
Medical Lift Chair Manufacturing
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSSeptember 29, 2017
Working at Pride is medium to fast pace. Cross training is available and done when possible. Because of Pride making class two medical devices higher standards of quality are required.
Positive work environment, Treated with respect and appreciation
Supply Chain Product Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Exeter, PASeptember 27, 2017
I've been working with Pride Mobility for over a year now and i can confidently say it is, by far, the best place i have worked. I feel respected, trusted and compensated fairly, to do whats expected of me in my position. The management in my department sets realistic goals and expectations and is very understanding. The workplace culture is overwhelmingly positive. I cant walk through the halls without being greeted with a "smile" or "hello". The appreciation shown towards employees is phenomenal! For example, the employee appreciation luncheons thrown, what seemed like every month during summer, were great! The food selection was vast and delicious and so were the desserts (Pies, ice cream etc.) It really does feel like one big family working at Pride Mobility.
Pros
Appreciated, Respected, Great benefits, Paid time off and Discounts
Great learning experience
Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PAAugust 1, 2017
Not very good job security. I saw a lot of layoffs while being employed. A lot of drastic changes on more then one occasion. But still a great place to work for.
Pros
Was close to home
Cons
lay offs
Rewarding Work
Engineering (Current Employee) –  Exeter, PAJuly 31, 2017
I have found that the work I do at Pride is both rewarding and challenging. The work is rewarding in that we create products that improve the quality of life in many individuals. My experience there has been rewarding to me by being able to advance in my career in a relatively short time and it has provided me with opportunities for advancement and to learn new things.

The work can be challenging, but I see that as a positive as well. I am able to be creative in my approach to the work. Also, working with a great team of individuals is also rewarding.

The benefits package is one of the best that I have been offered. The company does make a strong effort in being employee/family oriented, with after work activities, luncheons, etc.

Overall, I have enjoyed my time at Pride and look forward to continuing my career there.
Pros
Strong benefits package, family oriented, rewarding work
Cut throat kind of place
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PAJuly 29, 2017
Pride Mobility was one of the worst jobs I've ever had in my entire life! Between the management and your co workers, I don't know who is worse. Your bosses will sabatage you and your co workers will stab you in the back. It was the biggest gossip whole around. The most childish people I've ever worked with in my entire life. Everyone knew everyone else's business. Instead of focusing on their jobs, they were all worried about plotting their next moves. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Management doesn't care about customers needs they only care about numbers and getting their monthly bonuses. They force employees to stay at the end of the month and work overtime to get every last power chair out the door even if they are built wrong and faulty. No wonder they are sewed all the time!!! They give you last minute notice to stay and it's only to benefit themselves. If your looking for overtime to help yourself out or your family they turn you down. They are not family oriented like they say they are.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, child like co workers, unfair pay, fast paced environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pride Mobility. Our community is ready to answer.