Pride Transport Employee Reviews

Best Company To Work For
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 22, 2019
I always wanted to work for Pride and be part of the Pride Family, When I was given that chance I jumped on it. My wife and I loved working for Pride and would have never left Pride if it had not been for a death in the family.
Could be great place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTApril 9, 2019
Pretty typical work load. Everyone seemed to be nice for the most part. Never had to deal with people in safety but just in passing when I have said hi or something I have just been ignored or mumbled at. Not by all of them but I think it was a couple of them in their own office the best I recall. But I figured it was just their problem and lack of professionalism, not mine. But they were the only ones I can recall that seemed to make it seem like a typical non-caring company.
Pros
Mechanics maintained trucks well for the most part
Cons
Nepotism
good work enviroment
Dispatch Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMarch 6, 2019
prolly one of the best places to work for. the dispatch manager is very good at what they do and the owners of the company are some of the nicest ppl and hard working ppl I have ever met
great family atmosphere
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 1, 2019
They get you home when you want. If you like to run they won't make you go home. Good pay, best equiment. Coast to coast runs and regional you pick.
Good work culture
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTFebruary 19, 2019
Low miles, low cpm lots of hours. Delivery's on off hours makes for horrible sleep and no pay for it. Trucking as a whole has this problem. Almost zero pay scale advandcement increase after hire. My trainer was here for 4 years. He currently makes .42 cpm. I started at .40 com. Zero future here.
lube tech
Lube Tech/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 1, 2019
the job is good management inst so good they dont treat younger people fairly, the job over all isnt bad some of staff is nice and helpful the managers were another story
Family feeling
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 13, 2018
This was my first class A driving job and it was a great experience. I did not plan on staying OTR any longer than i had too. I have worked at other companies that talk about a family culture but because of the owner of Pride Transport it is the closest I've seen.
Excellent culture, but running refrigerated has its unique challenges.
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 17, 2018
Loved the workplace and the people there. They kept you running definitely. I would go back if I ever decided to run refrigerated again as a company driver.
Pros
Culture.
Cons
Running refrigerated trailers.
As management changed, atmosphere was not so friendly toward drivers
Utah. Driver semi trucks (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 9, 2018
It was good work, I enjoyed working with the people, had some good dispatchers and some good trips, but it seemed to me they were trying to micromanage.
ok
Company driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 20, 2018
great. job. it was just a job. but 700 a week did not cut it.. oh god got to type 150 again. please dear lord bring words to my fingers. Maam please
Never again
Recruiter / Processor (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 18, 2018
Not again would I work there. What a joke. The Orientation manager is a very judgemental man and labels you and isn;t shy at all and in front of the class wont even tell you to the side
Above average but still has some issues
Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 14, 2018
Salaries are a little low by industry standard, trucks are well maintained, but inside area of truck is not. Managers are good, Owner is nice, have rider policy and pet policy. hometime is usually on time. A couple promises made were not kept or adhered to.
Pros
as listed in note
Cons
as listed in note
Safe company committed to Safe drivers
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 16, 2018
Safe company with well maintained equipment.
lots of miles, maybe too much.
no smoke and mirrors operation. Gives no promises they cant keep.
My driver manager was great and a good communicator.
Taught me how to become an over the road truck driver.
started me off at a fair CPM.
Paid on time every time.
Pros
equipment, management, pay.
Cons
401k wasnt the best, health care was high. Detention pay was low.
Aside from my driver manager it was a wonderful place to work and I honestly miss it there nowadays and regret leaving
Truck Driver Class A OTR (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 14, 2018
A typical working day wasn't always great but never completely miserable unless my driver manager talked to me on the phone, the equipment I was assigned was great the shop staff was great always respectful, night time and weekend dispatchers were amazing and I couldn't ever argue with the miles I was getting per week. Only wish I could've had a different driver manager and more cents per mile than I was getting
Pros
Great shop and office staff, wonderful equipment and place to work
Cons
Driver manager I had
Good People
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 1, 2018
A good company to work for. They just weren't able to give me the runs that I needed and the home time that I wanted after I got married. They treat you well though.
Pros
good people
Cons
the usual stuff related to the industry as a whole.
Pride is truly a Equal Opportunity Employer
Facilities Technician (Current Employee) –  UtahFebruary 12, 2018
I started working here in January. From the interview process until now it has been amazing. You can see how much this company cares about their employees. I can see why the shop employees have worked here for so long, many of them 12+ years. The two things I enjoy the most working here are. One, if you do your job nobody says anything, except thank you. (No Micromanagement) Two, the positive culture at Pride is infectious!!! The people that work here are genuinely nice, welcoming and care about the work they do. As far as work goes, I'm rounding third (not very fast) heading for home. I'm truly thankful to Pride for giving me this opportunity.
Pros
Weekly pay. Super bowl tailgate party. Upcoming golf tournement
Cons
Working in the cold
Fast paced environment, plenty of advancement opportunity
Night Foreman (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 1, 2018
Pride is fast paced as all work needs to be done as quickly as possible to keep our trucks on the road. Quality work is expected. Training is offered. Plenty of room for career advancement, if you have the drive and desire for it.
One of the most useless companies in the salt lake valley
Tractor Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTDecember 25, 2017
I got sick of asking for a pay raise so I found my own pay raise with another company. Lady drivers complaining about the nasty language used around the shop. no communication between departments.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Looking for a company
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 3, 2017
After thirty years of experience i laugh at the new drivers who expect everything and is reluctant to something, trucking takes sacrifice and dedication with hard work! Feel lucky to have a company that gives you the opportunity to work and great equipment!
Pros
Don't know
Cons
Don't know
Tough to get miles
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 26, 2017
I found that the dispatcher didn't push hard enough. I wanted to run hard, but spent most of my time sitting on docks, and waiting for loads. If they could have given me the miles I would have been much happier.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pride Transport. Our community is ready to answer.