Pride Transport Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Safe company committed to Safe drivers
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 16, 2018
Safe company with well maintained equipment.
lots of miles, maybe too much.
no smoke and mirrors operation. Gives no promises they cant keep.
My driver manager was great and a good communicator.
Taught me how to become an over the road truck driver.
started me off at a fair CPM.
Paid on time every time.
Pros
equipment, management, pay.
Cons
401k wasnt the best, health care was high. Detention pay was low.
Aside from my driver manager it was a wonderful place to work and I honestly miss it there nowadays and regret leaving
Truck Driver Class A OTR (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 14, 2018
A typical working day wasn't always great but never completely miserable unless my driver manager talked to me on the phone, the equipment I was assigned was great the shop staff was great always respectful, night time and weekend dispatchers were amazing and I couldn't ever argue with the miles I was getting per week. Only wish I could've had a different driver manager and more cents per mile than I was getting
Pros
Great shop and office staff, wonderful equipment and place to work
Cons
Driver manager I had
Good People
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 1, 2018
A good company to work for. They just weren't able to give me the runs that I needed and the home time that I wanted after I got married. They treat you well though.
Pros
good people
Cons
the usual stuff related to the industry as a whole.
Pride is truly a Equal Opportunity Employer
Facilities Technician (Current Employee) –  UtahFebruary 12, 2018
I started working here in January. From the interview process until now it has been amazing. You can see how much this company cares about their employees. I can see why the shop employees have worked here for so long, many of them 12+ years. The two things I enjoy the most working here are. One, if you do your job nobody says anything, except thank you. (No Micromanagement) Two, the positive culture at Pride is infectious!!! The people that work here are genuinely nice, welcoming and care about the work they do. As far as work goes, I'm rounding third (not very fast) heading for home. I'm truly thankful to Pride for giving me this opportunity.
Pros
Weekly pay. Super bowl tailgate party. Upcoming golf tournement
Cons
Working in the cold
Fast paced environment, plenty of advancement opportunity
Night Foreman (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 1, 2018
Pride is fast paced as all work needs to be done as quickly as possible to keep our trucks on the road. Quality work is expected. Training is offered. Plenty of room for career advancement, if you have the drive and desire for it.
One of the most useless companies in the salt lake valley
Tractor Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTDecember 25, 2017
I got sick of asking for a pay raise so I found my own pay raise with another company. Lady drivers complaining about the nasty language used around the shop. no communication between departments.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Looking for a company
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 3, 2017
After thirty years of experience i laugh at the new drivers who expect everything and is reluctant to something, trucking takes sacrifice and dedication with hard work! Feel lucky to have a company that gives you the opportunity to work and great equipment!
Pros
Don't know
Cons
Don't know
Tough to get miles
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 26, 2017
I found that the dispatcher didn't push hard enough. I wanted to run hard, but spent most of my time sitting on docks, and waiting for loads. If they could have given me the miles I would have been much happier.
Okay place to work did not like forced dispatch
Over the road Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 30, 2017
I liked working at pride but it was impractical for me to get home for time off. My driver manager wouldn't work with me she thought everything should be like she wanted it to be
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Forced dispatch
Excellent place to work
Commercial Truck Driver (refrigerated) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 25, 2017
Great company, great people, good pay, hometime when you needed it. Sorry that I had to leave there. Not many big companies look out for their drivers like Pride. I may even go back
Pros
Just a good overall company
Cons
lots of good people work there
Long Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 23, 2017
Drive lower 48, but stayed on west coast more often. learned that there were some companies that treated there drivers like humans.
management knew you by whole name. people that worked here were very friendly and seemed happy at the company for the most part. hardest part was being given too much time on loads and sitting for too long waiting for delivery accept there load. meeting good people at work was always awesome
Pros
smaller company
Cons
favoritism, and preferential treatment
It has its weeks
Truck Driver Class A OTR (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 18, 2017
Love it here small company know as you not a truck number they will run you and then they can slow you down. As well I been avg around 3k miles a week the most I have done is 4200
Great Job. Family feel, comfortable environment
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 16, 2017
I love Pride Transport. In my 4 year career of OTR Trucking, this has to be the one place I consider home. Nothing but good vibes from the office personnel, to the maintenance guys in the shop. An overall feel of security.
Productive and rewarding
Trainer, Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 30, 2017
Drove for about 4.5 years, 3 long haul and 1.5 dedicated. I prefer dedicated but my experience was good for both OTR and dedicated.
My dispatchers were honest and responsive to my needs and kept me running. I had many years of driving experience prior to Pride, so I knew what to expect. I was treated with respect and maxed my miles almost every week. My pay was always accurate (I can't say that about the other company I drove for). Now retired, but miss the friendships I formed at Pride.
Pros
many
Safety
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 30, 2017
They were more worried about their image than there drivers. Our pay was different and flexible. We are forced to take loads even if we didn't want to go in that direction.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
don't have any
loved the people but disliked the broken promises
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMay 8, 2017
when first getting on with pride I loved the job the people and the work was steady and kept you busy. left because of being there I was promised a 2.00$ raise though out my first year there. and when I asked about it they acted like I never was promised this yes the boss who promised me this left soon after my start date but the replacement supervisor promised me it would still be what I was promised after a year of no raises and false promises I left but the people whom I worked with were what I still miss
Cons
healthcare is way to much
Productive good place to work
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 14, 2017
Good company pays everything they owe will work with you on home time overall really good. Treats you with respect and do not treat you like you are stupid
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTSeptember 28, 2016
I enjoyed my time there at pride.It's a good place to work the people there welcome you with open arms an are very respectful. Im just looking for a local job, to be home with my family more..
nice place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 19, 2016
I love the CEO and the COO. They are great guys and the Equipment is great. I would go back in a heart beat. I learned a lot about the trucking business lke how to manage your time and your money.
awesome facility always improving
otr driver (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTDecember 7, 2015
Great company to work for large part of family belief and incredible dispatch..
Always aware and listen to your concerns as well as open door policy is real for any employee..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pride Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

Pride Transport Reviews by Location