Priebe Security Services, Inc Employee Reviews

Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Working for Priebe Security offers its employees great benefits, which includes paid time off, life insurance which is offered by the company. You can also work overtime hours when posted.
Pros
Service to the Community and its employees.
Cons
no cons
Too New, Small Company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 9, 2018
It's not the worst job in the world. However, it definitely needs work within the office structure. Without naming names the wrong people are keeping in contact with officers in the field rather than the field supervisors. This is a good starter job for someone that doesn't have experience. But for someone that does know the job, it can be very slow and lonely.
Pros
will work with scheduling
Cons
lonely, long shifts work by self.
Good company to work for
Level II Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 6, 2018
Priebe was good to work for. They provide free uniforms and training, good pay, and plenty of overtime if you want it. They also provide good benefits as well.
Pros
Free uniforms, training
Cons
Difficult to move up
Security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 22, 2017
Paroled inside of facility to make sure all office doors were secured and locked ,patrolled outside to make sure no unauthorized people were on the property and response to any emergency as needed.
Pros
I liked having direct deposit and my days off because it was the weekend
Cons
The sad part was my releife showing up late days in a row
Mediocre but Flexible
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 20, 2017
This company is pretty flexible with it's hours. The jobs are pretty much the same. You sit around for hours until you go on patrol. The manager usually dictates how well your day is going to be.
Cons
part time gets almost zero benefits
A Workplace with Potential
SECURITY OFFICER / SITE LEAD (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 11, 2017
If they put a serious effort into being as proactive in the Office as they do expecting it of the low level employees, they might just pull it around.
Good place to work for
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 31, 2017
Due to the nature of the business if your workday falls on a holiday you have to work.
Trying to accumulate PTO is hard.
You do get discounts at Gold's Gym, that's fantastic.
Pros
Gold's Gym discount, health care
Cons
Low PTO, Work on holidays
priebe
Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 2, 2017
I spent most of my time on the road patrolling in a company vehicle, there were no breaks with this job they took on way too many clients for what staff they had available. Hardest part of the job was completing the patrols on time and not hitting OT. As far as enjoyable, it was quite peaceful on my patrols for the most part.
Great temporary job choice
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 12, 2017
Priebe Security Services is a great security company to work for as a college student trying to make money over the summer. They give decent pay and benefits, are willing to work with your schedule, and there are many great people you get to work with. Some cons are that the work days can sometimes be exhausting and/or boring, and they only give you benefits if you are full-time (I was a part-time flex officer, and that position gets no benefits). But if you are comfortable with conflict, a diligent worker, and are looking for experience for law enforcement or just trying to make some money in-between jobs, this company is a great choice.
The worst
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 28, 2017
The management sucks. Co workers suck. Job sites suck. Pay sucks. Benefits suck. They don't know how to run a security company. They lie to you about pay.
n/a
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 1, 2017
1st year was good and ok; learned a little from monthly journals about security and need to know security knowledge. 2nd year you realize the performance evaluation is pointless. 3rd year you realize you wasted 3 years and got nowhere in the company.
Pros
a pay check
Cons
everything else
Good place to work but need improvement
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 17, 2017
Priebe Security is a good place to start if you want to work security. The only issues are the pay and the professionalim that should be displayed daily in the work place by certain individuals. Certain person's have improved where other's are failing at the task. If I had to come back I would but only if the pay was better. There are great opportunities at Priebe Security if you apply yourself. Management needs improvement as far as the accounts they undermind and at times show the officer's no respect and don't commend the officer for a job well done, but overall still a good place to work. The CEO of Priebe Security should be more in tune with the people that work for the company from the smallest to the tallest.
Pros
Overtime is endless, Staff are cool
Cons
Account Managers need work shops to improve management skills
Just looking for a body
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Uastin, txFebruary 26, 2017
Preibe Management is only looking to fill spots and make them money. They do not care about job performance or anything else. They want you to take no time off in order to maximize their profit. Priebe management believes every Security Guard they employ is stupid. The HR department is a complete joke and is in dire need of a complete overhaul. You will be called to work your days off and have your schedule changed without notice. Preibe will tell you things when you first get hired and you will find out they are not true. Priebe does not like to promote from within. They also have a tendency to not tell employees when the site they are working at pay increases. Thus, new employee are the same site make more than old employees. There are plenty of other issues which are too numerous to list. There is only legal minimum benefits.
Pros
Cons
BAD HR department
Productive work related company
security guard (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 10, 2017
my review would be 5/5 They really take care of there employees like a family trust me.Also its very fantastic job to work very fun too because you meet a lot of clients from all over the world.
Pros
benefits to gym memberships, bonuses, employee referrals.
Cons
n/a
In My Experience, Priebe is a Reliable Company.
Flex Officer Extraordinaire (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Priebe is a small business. They are completely legit. You can talk to anyone in the management office. They encourage a family like environment. This company is not a giant national brand. That is perhaps what I like best about them. There seems to be potential for them to grow so I see a possibility for advancement in ones position.
There are security companies out there that have big accounts but may be a bit loose on the accountability side. Priebe tries to be air tight but still gives you the benefit of the doubt. You are an adult
and a professional. You are someone who can rise to the challenge of accomplishing what is required by the tenant. Or, you are not. Priebe only wants professional adults. Just be reliable. That's half the battle.
Pros
Freindly staff, available work, fair pay, health insurance, promotion potential
Cons
One day off.
Bad bad bad management
Securtiy Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 14, 2017
It is hard to state how putrid of a job I had. Priebe cared nothing for my saftey. I was posted in an East Austin location, where there were many homeless which I was primarily tasked with running off. There are supposed to be " field supervisors" checking in on you every night, to make sure you are on post and everything was squared away. I saw one ONCE in the entire year I worked for Priebe. The time I did see him, it was actually a field supervisor wtho was filling in, he stated he knew the other field supervisor didnt come visit because it was a bad part of time. They didn't even check on me, I was pretty much on my own. The only time I heard from Priebe was to tell me to stay longer because someone called off or I was told to mandatory work on my days off.
Great job!
Non-Commissioned Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 5, 2016
Love coming to work every day! The supervisors are great. The office staff is exceptional. The owner is a wonderful person. Love the benefits. There's always room for advancement.
Good Place to Work but Needs a Few Changes
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 17, 2016
I worked for Priebe for one year. While I can appreciate the role security plays in society, I feel that the officers have a tendency to be just a little bit on the relaxed side about serious matters. The hours were great and allowed me to have time to do other things but I was extremely bored and that caused me to be sleepy quite often. My co-workers were nice people. I guess being that I am ex-military, an ex-correctional officer and an admin person by trade, I tend to be a bit more attentive to security issues. Overall, it was ok.
Pros
Respectable job, nice locations
Cons
Pay is equivalent to most security companies, but low.
HR insight on Priebe Security as Employer
Human Resources, Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 6, 2016
I worked for Priebe Security as a HR Admin for 3 years (2013-2016) and previously as a security guard for 5 years. I left employment with them to help my husband with a business start-up. Having been a part of the management team I believe that I have an insight that others might not and I wanted to share it. Part of the purpose of the weekly management team meetings held is to discuss officer challenges and victories, to vote for the Officer of the Month according to accomplishments; and during the staffing portion, to see if any current officers would benefit from moves to open positions/promotions. The President and management team believe, practice, and promote internal promotions/beneficial lateral moves for all officers. I believe Katarzyna Priebe really means it when she says she cares for her officers/staff; she finds ways to make the employees feel appreciated throughout the year with Officer Appreciation Week, Birthday Cards, Anniversary Gifts, Officer of the Month and Officer of the Year Awards, Holiday Party and Annual Awards, annual “How are we doing?” employee surveys, offering officer development courses and many other small and big gestures. I have seen her sit in our conference room and go to bat for the employees to get them better benefits at lower rates. And I do see the company get better and better with each passing year - Katarzyna started this company with a customer service focus and it is my belief that she delivers, to both clients and employees. I would encourage anyone to apply and to experience this personally. This is my sincere statement.
Pros
Working with fun/kind people and getting to interact with the officers
summary
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 20, 2016
Overall a great place to work. on a typical day I will have completed about 5 patrols. My co-workers were friendly. I mostly enjoyed the lack of micromanaging aspect of the job, very limited supervision.
Cons
no breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priebe Security Services, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Priebe Security Services, Inc Reviews by Location