PRIESTER AVIATION Employee Reviews

Overall a great experience
pilot and Chief of MX (Former Employee) –  DallasJanuary 14, 2019
I worked with Priester Aviation for about five years and i couldn't be happier with their management and attention to detail. Their personable approach and willingness to help is second to none. The knowledge / experience of Priester Aviation is in the top 1% of all management companies and with that comes the ability to Quickly solve unique and everyday issues that may arise.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
PILOTS! Do yourself a favor and work anywhere else but Priester!
Pilot in Command (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2018
Priester talks a good talk when trying to recruit pilots but they're really just another shady part 135 operator. They'll promise you the world during the interview. They'll talk about how much they value work life balance for pilots. They'll go out of their way to emphasize how you will have a monthly schedule with "hard" days off and how they'll pay you extra if you voluntarily work on a scheduled day off. The truth is that they will expect you to be available on days off and will come up with excuses not to pay you for it.
Once they sucker you in they'll work you like a dog. Quality of life when working for Priester is nonexistent. Hostile working conditions is the best way to describe management.
If you have your pilot ratings and a pulse you can do better! Don't sell yourself short and settle for this lousy job it really is one of the worst places to fly for in Chicago.
Pros
I can't think of any. Leaving to work for a real company that values it's employees.
Cons
Priester is the poster of a shady Part 135 operation.
Poor management , poor communication
Flight crew (Current Employee) –  UsaAugust 4, 2018
Poor management
Poor and lack of communication
Rules and laws broken when benefits them and ask employees to lie on their behalf
Poor hiring practices
No open door policy if issues...just ignore it and hope it goes away
Disorganized.
Wait until a crisis to deal with things
Poor Working Hours/Favoritism
Flight Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILSeptember 20, 2017
Not much room for growth with this company as most of the managers are younger and have opportunities manipulated to their benefit. I laughed at the previous review of the management team going to bars as this is so true. Not a family oriented career - once hired for the Logistics Coordinator position you are the bottom of the todem pole in regards to hours. You will most likely get stuck with graveyard shift during bidding. Great entry level learning position, but not something I would recommend long term for the pay.
Pros
Lunches from clients
Cons
Hours
Fair enough.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILFebruary 16, 2014
You can talk within reason and the managers have something going on.
I hated the job if you want to work there you will break rules schedule sucks basically 24/7 is this enough for you I do not want to write these any
Contract Pilot and part-time machinist (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILJune 23, 2012
I dont remeber anything it sucked I do not want to do reviews how do I delete this from my page? 24/7 no schedule typical flying job. customers are prima donnas and you will break FARs if you work there.
Pros
got paid
Cons
worked long days was expected to break laws job dependded on it