Primary Residential Mortgage, Inc Employee Reviews

Middle of the road
UNDERWRITER (Former Employee) –  Boonville, INJune 18, 2018
Environment was great. 2 weeks at Corporate for training. Test files took longer than expected. Advancement opportunities seemed slim. Management sometimes hard to get a hold of.
General
Closing Specialist/Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 15, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of reviewing mortgage loan files to prepare the documents for closing.
I learned a lot about the mortgage lending operations processes.
I loved the management team. they were very easy to work with.
The workplace culture was very professional. We had fun work activities and outings, as well as fee food days and family events.
The hardest part of the job was getting loans completed during the last few days of the month.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning, and my co-workers
Pros
Advancement opportunities, co-workers, learned a lot about the industry
Cons
The industry can slow down in production causing potential layoffs.
Great people and great pay with a great bonus
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 24, 2018
The company is very well ran by the team in Salt Lake City. Very good training and everyone is very helpful. The insurance was very good and I highly recommend this employer
Nice place to work just not for me
Assistant To Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NHMay 23, 2018
Primary Residential was a great place to work. As long as you pulled your weight things would go pretty well. It's a tough business and phone calling wasn't for me. But it was a good job with good benefits.
Pros
free lunches, good base plus commission
Cons
basically always on call
Job
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 11, 2018
I was an assistant and it was an easy going job, have no complaints. I just more hours and better pay. My manager was amazing, she always gave me advice and tips to help me do my job better.
2 week training period
DE Mortgage Underwriter (REMOTE) (Former Employee) –  REMOTE HOUSTON, TEXASMay 2, 2018
This two week training had me ready to work at my remote location without any difficulty. I worked with a branch out of Tampa, Florida and filled in when needed on other files. I found PRMI to be a company that cares about their people and helps to make them succeed.
Pros
Support from corporate underwriters
Cons
No bonus potential
Excellent company with a great working environment
Sr. Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 6, 2018
I spent 7 great years with PRMI and only left due to what appeared to be an opportunity I just couldn't pass up. In hindsight, I would have been better off staying with PRMI. With the exception of my 13 years with Fannie Mae, they are the hands-down best company I have ever worked for
Pros
Great management staff, nice work environment, fair pay
Confusing and overly corporate for no good reason
SENIOR LOAN OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 22, 2018
I would not recommend working here unless you trust and know your manager is in good standing. They fire people without much warning and very unorganized. Get everything in writing.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
Greedy management
Good work atmosphere with poor marketing.
Loan Officer-Currently licensed in 25 states (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 10, 2018
I joined Primary Residence to help start their Consumer Direct Dept. The people are nice but they did not want to spend any money on quality leads which is critical for success in consumer direct lending.
Pros
base + Commission
Cons
No clue on how to run a consumer direct division. Leads were awful.
Pretty good place to work
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 21, 2018
Rates are sort of high, management is all about the money and not employees. They have lots of programs and great marketing department, however, no help with generating leads.
Pros
Great place for newbees
Cons
Rates not competitive
Great Place to Work with Amazing Team
Loan Officer/Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 15, 2018
The team at Primary Residential Mortgage in Newark, Delaware is simply amazing. They go out of their way to make the clients have the best experience possible when purchasing or refinancing a home. Everybody has everybody's back and work very well as a team. We have monthly team outings to build moral and we celebrate everybody's victories with our Blue Whale program and have an employee of the month program. Company provides health, dental and vision benefits and matching 401k. Great place to work!
Pros
Free payday breakfast! Team outings and great work environment
Cons
Fast paced with high expectations for each employee
fast paced, time sensitivity, good customer service, fun, friendly work space
Mortgage Loan Closer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 14, 2018
primary residential was a great company, but in the mortgage world,when its hot its hot when its bad it is bad, slower months than others depending on the market
Pros
fun friendly work environment
Cons
short breaks, the slower times of the year
staff
staff (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAFebruary 12, 2018
the home office was great, they were very helpful the pay for my job and my commute was just not enough, the managers there were very knowledgeable and helpful.
Pros
good managers
Cons
commute
Horrible work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORFebruary 6, 2018
If I could give this company 0 stars out of 5 overall, I would. Whether it be the extremely poor management to the sometimes illegal doings of various offices, there aren't any pros of working here. Your job security is always at risk, especially if you are unwilling to play by their rules and do what they say. Since leaving this company, many of the members of upper management have gone to prison for various reasons including drunk driving and inappropriate conduct.
Benefits
Worst Managers in the industry
Customer Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 6, 2018
Most of the Directors and Managers are the worst I have ever worked with. They are very cut throat and undermining. No accountability or training HORRIBLE
Pros
The CEO is the best part of the company
Cons
Directors and Managers
Good Pay
Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTJanuary 25, 2018
PRMI is a very good place to work for. The reason why I left was because we found out that our corporate branch was marketing clients from our satellite branches on accident
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Poor foresight opening corporate branch
Well managed mortgage lender
Corporate Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 23, 2018
Good work environment with attention to quality. Well-respected by investors and agencies. Work load is somewhat seasonal with summer months typically very busy and slower work load during winter months. Pay and benefits are lower than other employers in the industry, but management team is top-notch
Really Great Place to Work! Honestly
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 23, 2018
I love that I can come home from work and not have to complain about my job. My wife loves it as well.
I love my job and the people I work for. I feel important and needed.
Great work/life balance!
Director of Business Relations (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 23, 2018
PRMI is an amazing company, the ability to learn from the ground up the in's and out's of the mortgage industry are second to none. Someone can come in and if they possess the drive, motivation and willingness, can create a career path and grow with the company.
Pros
Great environment for self-starters
Positive and supportive place to work
Closing Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 23, 2018
I thoroughly enjoy working for PRMI! Management trusts me to make decisions while also taking the time to provide insight and continued education. My direct manager does not micro-manage and knows I will ask for help when needed, I am given room to grow. I am also afforded flexibility in my schedule which is a tremendous help as a single parent. I work very hard to earn the respect and trust of my superiors and co-workers which has resulted in many opportunities throughout the company.
Pros
Monthly birthday treats, Floating Holidays, Wellness Coach, EAP Program, Events throughout the year such as breakfast, lunches, movie nights.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primary Residential Mortgage, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight