Primary Residential Mortgage, Inc Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working there
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Watkinsville, GAOctober 18, 2018
I worked remotely and was given the tools I needed to do so. My manager was only a phone call away and she was always available to help with any questions. If she could answer my question she would find someone who could. The underwriters were very approachable and always tried to make the deals work. The attitude of the entire company was how can we make it work. The closers were also great they would work as late as needed to make sure the CD went out and the packages were at the closing table on time.
Pros
Friendly staff, allowed to work remotely
Cons
no warning I was about to be laid off for lack of work.
Depends where you are
Principle UX/UI Designer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 18, 2018
Like many companies, it really depends on which department you work that affects your view of the company. Mine started out great with an awesome team, but then it began to shrink because of a number of factors. This has made work less than favorable.

PRMI as a whole seems to do alright at helping people have a good work experience, just not my department.
Worst Management
Loan Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 21, 2018
I am sure if I worked at a different office, things probably would have been better. I enjoyed the benefits and the compensation. But my boss made my job horrid! Every morning, I sat in my car and waited for a co-worker to walk in with (or they would wait for me) because we knew we would get chewed out as soon as we walked through the door. My manager was verbally abusive and made me feel incapable of my job. I only stayed as long as I did because I wanted a stronger resume. But, I watched as many people came and left. I am upset because I even wrote HR of her abuse upon leaving and they kept her for a couple more years. I am sure I was not the first to complain.
Pros
good pay, healthcare, dental, bonuses
Cons
poor management
Terrible company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 3, 2018
The management is awful, the people there are stuck up, catty and act like teenagers when they're all adults. It was obvious my manager did not like me and would try to embarrass me in front of the entire office during our meetings. I also had clients yell at me, which isn't a bad thing considering it's the mortgage industry, but that on top of how just awful the environment was- it was not fun. I was there from 8 am until 6 or 7 pm and did not get a lunch.
Pros
Cons
Literally everything. Stay away
What a joke
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale,azOctober 15, 2018
I got hired...and let go 8 days later. Was told the market was slow and they needed to make cuts. Then why hire at all? The market didn’t change that drastically in a weeks time. The management is not involved. There is no structure. Unprofessional work environment...I was let go via text message and no one would return my calls or texts when I asked for an explanation other than “the market is slow.” I pretty much had to train myself and the problem with that is you don’t know what you don’t know. I was basically being set up to fail. I quit the number one mortgage company in the nation to work here because they promised me the world..but like the saying goes “if it’s too good to be true then it probably isn’t.” This company is an absolute joke and the benefits suck. Don’t waste your time applying here...especially because there is NO job security and management is awful.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Management, training, no job security
Company summary
Corporate Mortgage Trainer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 23, 2018
PRMI s a wonderful place to work at. The people are friendly and open to new ideas.
They are very family focused and just a nice friendly place to work at on a daily bases.
Pros
Good freindly place to work
Cons
Layoffs accured, but it is part of the industry
Productive and fun place to work
Sr. National Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 5, 2018
Very busy place to work, always kept informed on product changes, could always reach a manager if needed. Enjoyed annual meetings and hardest part of the job was taking care of all of the loan officers
General
Closing Specialist/Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 15, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of reviewing mortgage loan files to prepare the documents for closing.
I learned a lot about the mortgage lending operations processes.
I loved the management team. they were very easy to work with.
The workplace culture was very professional. We had fun work activities and outings, as well as fee food days and family events.
The hardest part of the job was getting loans completed during the last few days of the month.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning, and my co-workers
Pros
Advancement opportunities, co-workers, learned a lot about the industry
Cons
The industry can slow down in production causing potential layoffs.
Poor management
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COSeptember 8, 2018
There was a hierarchy that the local manager was trying to get me to say was undermining his career. At his recommendation, I immediately started looking elsewhere and was notified by mail By the Corporate office I no longer had a job.
Pros
Nonr
Cons
Stressful
Fun Atmosphere
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 4, 2018
Great place to work. Advancement opportunities. Schedule is very flexible. Management is friendly and supportive. Forward thinking company that is engaged with employee.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
On boarding
Corporate office
Sr Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 25, 2018
Corporate office was wonderful. Local office was weak and didn't motivate you. Local office was very crowded and was hard to work efficiently in the tight space.
Pros
Strong Corporate Office
Cons
weak local office
Work place
Senior Closer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 23, 2018
I enjoyed working at PRMI until one individual made it her long mission to have my employment dissolved by the company based off her actions and here say accusations. This individual reached out to my co workers about me putting them in a un comfortable position to be in.
Pros
Loved my co workers
Cons
Rebecca Evans
Good place to gain experience
Mortgage (Former Employee) –  USANovember 13, 2018
There is some management training needed, benefits vary by branch and pay varies as well. Corporate is very helpful and always available. There is plenty of culture in the workplace.
good people
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORSeptember 25, 2018
I worked in a different state than the corporate office. corporate was great. my office was a start up and had a lot of challenges. I was not able to be heard nor was my input taken into consideration most times.
LOAN PROCESSOR|ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 26, 2018
I was a part-time processor. I loved working in that capacity, I learned a lot. PRMI was very good, great processes and options for clients.
I would recommend.
Productive Company
Sr. Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDSeptember 13, 2018
The company is well managed with a great Branch Manager who puts his sole in the business. I learned a lot from working with this company and have been able to use my knowledge to further my career.
Pros
Busy Office
The employees are wonderful to work with
Mortgage Loan Closer/ Funder (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORAugust 20, 2018
There are great challenges in the position at this company. The work hard play hard motto is very prominent. But with the teamwork of the employees timelines are met.
Not the best place to work
Lock Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 17, 2018
I haven’t been a employee there for a while however when I was there the required overtime hours were insane. Felt like I was in a High School with all the gossip going around 24/7
Good Company
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAJuly 3, 2018
Could stand to help smaller branches close loans faster. Most branches have several employees so smaller branches seem to be at a disadvantage because they aren't generating the larger revenues.
Pros
Unlimited Income Potential
Cons
Accounting
2 week training period
DE Mortgage Underwriter (REMOTE) (Former Employee) –  REMOTE HOUSTON, TEXASMay 2, 2018
This two week training had me ready to work at my remote location without any difficulty. I worked with a branch out of Tampa, Florida and filled in when needed on other files. I found PRMI to be a company that cares about their people and helps to make them succeed.
Pros
Support from corporate underwriters
Cons
No bonus potential

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primary Residential Mortgage, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight