Primary Residential Mortgage, Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor management
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COSeptember 8, 2018
There was a hierarchy that the local manager was trying to get me to say was undermining his career. At his recommendation, I immediately started looking elsewhere and was notified by mail By the Corporate office I no longer had a job.
Pros
Nonr
Cons
Stressful
Terrible company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 3, 2018
The management is awful, the people there are stuck up, catty and act like teenagers when they're all adults. It was obvious my manager did not like me and would try to embarrass me in front of the entire office during our meetings. I also had clients yell at me, which isn't a bad thing considering it's the mortgage industry, but that on top of how just awful the environment was- it was not fun. I was there from 8 am until 6 or 7 pm and did not get a lunch.
Pros
Cons
Literally everything. Stay away
The employees are wonderful to work with
Mortgage Loan Closer/ Funder (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORAugust 20, 2018
There are great challenges in the position at this company. The work hard play hard motto is very prominent. But with the teamwork of the employees timelines are met.
Not the best place to work
Lock Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 17, 2018
I haven’t been a employee there for a while however when I was there the required overtime hours were insane. Felt like I was in a High School with all the gossip going around 24/7
You're on your own
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 24, 2018
The mortgage industry requires a high level of salesmanship and self serving focus. This company is not one to offer regimented training to new hires.
Work place
Senior Closer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 23, 2018
I enjoyed working at PRMI until one individual made it her long mission to have my employment dissolved by the company based off her actions and here say accusations. This individual reached out to my co workers about me putting them in a un comfortable position to be in.
Pros
Loved my co workers
Cons
Rebecca Evans
Good Company
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAJuly 3, 2018
Could stand to help smaller branches close loans faster. Most branches have several employees so smaller branches seem to be at a disadvantage because they aren't generating the larger revenues.
Pros
Unlimited Income Potential
Cons
Accounting
Good Learning Opportunity
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 26, 2018
Great Company to gain knowledge in a new career, atmosphere very unprofessional. No paid holidays or sick time, but salary plus commission is very helpful when beginning as an originator.
Typical
Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 20, 2018
They were a great company to work for.
Organized and well put together. Had a few hiccups along the way and seemed at times to not be fair but over all a good company
Middle of the road
UNDERWRITER (Former Employee) –  Boonville, INJune 18, 2018
Environment was great. 2 weeks at Corporate for training. Test files took longer than expected. Advancement opportunities seemed slim. Management sometimes hard to get a hold of.
General
Closing Specialist/Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 15, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of reviewing mortgage loan files to prepare the documents for closing.
I learned a lot about the mortgage lending operations processes.
I loved the management team. they were very easy to work with.
The workplace culture was very professional. We had fun work activities and outings, as well as fee food days and family events.
The hardest part of the job was getting loans completed during the last few days of the month.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning, and my co-workers
Pros
Advancement opportunities, co-workers, learned a lot about the industry
Cons
The industry can slow down in production causing potential layoffs.
Great people and great pay with a great bonus
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 24, 2018
The company is very well ran by the team in Salt Lake City. Very good training and everyone is very helpful. The insurance was very good and I highly recommend this employer
Nice place to work just not for me
Assistant To Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NHMay 23, 2018
Primary Residential was a great place to work. As long as you pulled your weight things would go pretty well. It's a tough business and phone calling wasn't for me. But it was a good job with good benefits.
Pros
free lunches, good base plus commission
Cons
basically always on call
Job
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 11, 2018
I was an assistant and it was an easy going job, have no complaints. I just more hours and better pay. My manager was amazing, she always gave me advice and tips to help me do my job better.
2 week training period
DE Mortgage Underwriter (REMOTE) (Former Employee) –  REMOTE HOUSTON, TEXASMay 2, 2018
This two week training had me ready to work at my remote location without any difficulty. I worked with a branch out of Tampa, Florida and filled in when needed on other files. I found PRMI to be a company that cares about their people and helps to make them succeed.
Pros
Support from corporate underwriters
Cons
No bonus potential
Excellent company with a great working environment
Sr. Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 6, 2018
I spent 7 great years with PRMI and only left due to what appeared to be an opportunity I just couldn't pass up. In hindsight, I would have been better off staying with PRMI. With the exception of my 13 years with Fannie Mae, they are the hands-down best company I have ever worked for
Pros
Great management staff, nice work environment, fair pay
Confusing and overly corporate for no good reason
SENIOR LOAN OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 22, 2018
I would not recommend working here unless you trust and know your manager is in good standing. They fire people without much warning and very unorganized. Get everything in writing.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
Greedy management
Good work atmosphere with poor marketing.
Loan Officer-Currently licensed in 25 states (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 10, 2018
I joined Primary Residence to help start their Consumer Direct Dept. The people are nice but they did not want to spend any money on quality leads which is critical for success in consumer direct lending.
Pros
base + Commission
Cons
No clue on how to run a consumer direct division. Leads were awful.
Pretty good place to work
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 21, 2018
Rates are sort of high, management is all about the money and not employees. They have lots of programs and great marketing department, however, no help with generating leads.
Pros
Great place for newbees
Cons
Rates not competitive
Great Place to Work with Amazing Team
Loan Officer/Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 15, 2018
The team at Primary Residential Mortgage in Newark, Delaware is simply amazing. They go out of their way to make the clients have the best experience possible when purchasing or refinancing a home. Everybody has everybody's back and work very well as a team. We have monthly team outings to build moral and we celebrate everybody's victories with our Blue Whale program and have an employee of the month program. Company provides health, dental and vision benefits and matching 401k. Great place to work!
Pros
Free payday breakfast! Team outings and great work environment
Cons
Fast paced with high expectations for each employee

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primary Residential Mortgage, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight