Primary Residential Mortgage, Inc Employee Reviews

Corporate office
Sr Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 25, 2018
Corporate office was wonderful. Local office was weak and didn't motivate you. Local office was very crowded and was hard to work efficiently in the tight space.
Pros
Strong Corporate Office
Cons
weak local office
Company summary
Corporate Mortgage Trainer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 23, 2018
PRMI s a wonderful place to work at. The people are friendly and open to new ideas.
They are very family focused and just a nice friendly place to work at on a daily bases.
Pros
Good freindly place to work
Cons
Layoffs accured, but it is part of the industry
Enjoyed working there
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Watkinsville, GAOctober 18, 2018
I worked remotely and was given the tools I needed to do so. My manager was only a phone call away and she was always available to help with any questions. If she could answer my question she would find someone who could. The underwriters were very approachable and always tried to make the deals work. The attitude of the entire company was how can we make it work. The closers were also great they would work as late as needed to make sure the CD went out and the packages were at the closing table on time.
Pros
Friendly staff, allowed to work remotely
Cons
no warning I was about to be laid off for lack of work.
What a joke
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale,azOctober 15, 2018
I got hired...and let go 8 days later. Was told the market was slow and they needed to make cuts. Then why hire at all? The market didn’t change that drastically in a weeks time. The management is not involved. There is no structure. Unprofessional work environment...I was let go via text message and no one would return my calls or texts when I asked for an explanation other than “the market is slow.” I pretty much had to train myself and the problem with that is you don’t know what you don’t know. I was basically being set up to fail. I quit the number one mortgage company in the nation to work here because they promised me the world..but like the saying goes “if it’s too good to be true then it probably isn’t.” This company is an absolute joke and the benefits suck. Don’t waste your time applying here...especially because there is NO job security and management is awful.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Management, training, no job security
good people
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORSeptember 25, 2018
I worked in a different state than the corporate office. corporate was great. my office was a start up and had a lot of challenges. I was not able to be heard nor was my input taken into consideration most times.
Worst Management
Loan Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 21, 2018
I am sure if I worked at a different office, things probably would have been better. I enjoyed the benefits and the compensation. But my boss made my job horrid! Every morning, I sat in my car and waited for a co-worker to walk in with (or they would wait for me) because we knew we would get chewed out as soon as we walked through the door. My manager was verbally abusive and made me feel incapable of my job. I only stayed as long as I did because I wanted a stronger resume. But, I watched as many people came and left. I am upset because I even wrote HR of her abuse upon leaving and they kept her for a couple more years. I am sure I was not the first to complain.
Pros
good pay, healthcare, dental, bonuses
Cons
poor management
Productive Company
Sr. Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDSeptember 13, 2018
The company is well managed with a great Branch Manager who puts his sole in the business. I learned a lot from working with this company and have been able to use my knowledge to further my career.
Pros
Busy Office
Poor management
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COSeptember 8, 2018
There was a hierarchy that the local manager was trying to get me to say was undermining his career. At his recommendation, I immediately started looking elsewhere and was notified by mail By the Corporate office I no longer had a job.
Pros
Nonr
Cons
Stressful
Terrible company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 3, 2018
The management is awful, the people there are stuck up, catty and act like teenagers when they're all adults. It was obvious my manager did not like me and would try to embarrass me in front of the entire office during our meetings. I also had clients yell at me, which isn't a bad thing considering it's the mortgage industry, but that on top of how just awful the environment was- it was not fun. I was there from 8 am until 6 or 7 pm and did not get a lunch.
Pros
Cons
Literally everything. Stay away
The employees are wonderful to work with
Mortgage Loan Closer/ Funder (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORAugust 20, 2018
There are great challenges in the position at this company. The work hard play hard motto is very prominent. But with the teamwork of the employees timelines are met.
Not the best place to work
Lock Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 17, 2018
I haven’t been a employee there for a while however when I was there the required overtime hours were insane. Felt like I was in a High School with all the gossip going around 24/7
You're on your own
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 24, 2018
The mortgage industry requires a high level of salesmanship and self serving focus. This company is not one to offer regimented training to new hires.
Work place
Senior Closer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 23, 2018
I enjoyed working at PRMI until one individual made it her long mission to have my employment dissolved by the company based off her actions and here say accusations. This individual reached out to my co workers about me putting them in a un comfortable position to be in.
Pros
Loved my co workers
Cons
Rebecca Evans
Good Company
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAJuly 3, 2018
Could stand to help smaller branches close loans faster. Most branches have several employees so smaller branches seem to be at a disadvantage because they aren't generating the larger revenues.
Pros
Unlimited Income Potential
Cons
Accounting
Good Learning Opportunity
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 26, 2018
Great Company to gain knowledge in a new career, atmosphere very unprofessional. No paid holidays or sick time, but salary plus commission is very helpful when beginning as an originator.
Typical
Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 20, 2018
They were a great company to work for.
Organized and well put together. Had a few hiccups along the way and seemed at times to not be fair but over all a good company
Middle of the road
UNDERWRITER (Former Employee) –  Boonville, INJune 18, 2018
Environment was great. 2 weeks at Corporate for training. Test files took longer than expected. Advancement opportunities seemed slim. Management sometimes hard to get a hold of.
General
Closing Specialist/Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 15, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of reviewing mortgage loan files to prepare the documents for closing.
I learned a lot about the mortgage lending operations processes.
I loved the management team. they were very easy to work with.
The workplace culture was very professional. We had fun work activities and outings, as well as fee food days and family events.
The hardest part of the job was getting loans completed during the last few days of the month.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning, and my co-workers
Pros
Advancement opportunities, co-workers, learned a lot about the industry
Cons
The industry can slow down in production causing potential layoffs.
Great people and great pay with a great bonus
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 24, 2018
The company is very well ran by the team in Salt Lake City. Very good training and everyone is very helpful. The insurance was very good and I highly recommend this employer
Nice place to work just not for me
Assistant To Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NHMay 23, 2018
Primary Residential was a great place to work. As long as you pulled your weight things would go pretty well. It's a tough business and phone calling wasn't for me. But it was a good job with good benefits.
Pros
free lunches, good base plus commission
Cons
basically always on call

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primary Residential Mortgage, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight