Primavera Online High School

Primavera Online High School Employee Reviews in Chandler, AZ

Chandler, AZ35 reviews

studentschooltimegreatworkemployeejobmanagement

The company works with you to make sure that you feel supported. The compensation is good for a teaching position and there is room for growth in the company.

Hard to advance here.

Worked for the company for 6 years. I was a tenured employee but hardly got a raise the whole time I worked for them. I had 6 diffrent managers and my supervisors kept changing, not to mention having a supervisor that threatened my job for 3 years just because she didn't like me. I worked with some really great people I have become life long friends with but the culture at work was so stressful. I started working as entry level at 12/hr and left at 13.75/hr.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Expensive healthcare, no room to grow, bad wages

Primavera Online High School insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • General feeling of work happiness

Focused on money, not success of students.

Lack of leadership and too many systemic changes. No consistency and high employee turnover. There are too many students failing and lack of responsibility.

Chaotic

When I first started here, I was over the moon. The culture was great, I felt like I was part of a family. I would have stayed here forever... were it not for the poor management.On a small level, the teams are great. But once a team proves they are capable of something, their job will permanently shift from what they originally signed up for, to harebrained tasks that upper management wants done. I think my fundamental day to day job description changed three times in the course of 7 months. I repeatedly told my direct manager that I was fine with helping out if necessary, but I didn't want to be doing different tasks full time. Those complaints fell on deaf ears.I reached my breaking point when they attempted to change my job description a fourth time. I reported the frustration I felt with the new tasks repeatedly to my direct supervisor and again, was ignored.So all in all, if you don't mind being moved around doing different tasks daily and fundamentally changing your job every 3 months or so, then you would probably like it here. But I couldn't stand the lack of communication or the low wages anymore.

Pros

Great environment

Cons

Low pay, lack of communication

Student caseload is far too high.

Teachers are docked for not maintaining direct communication with all students, yet students regularly do not respond. Student caseload and grading expectations are unrealistic and unsustainable.

Fast Paced but Rewarding

Fun place to work with supportive management. Busy during the summer, but each call and student is a unique situation. Enjoyed spending time working with enrollments, and being able to help them begin classes.

Pros

Company Culture, management

Cons

Short breaks

Clique Environment

The workplace is littered with cliques. It's about who you are cool with as opposed to impartiality or professionalism. If you wish to make friends or simply engage in conversation, you will feel like you're back in high school.

Pros

Excellent tolerance towards breaks and stress related exercise

Cons

Primarily grading papers 70% of the time.

Okay place to work at

Pros- collaborative culture-depends on which department you work for- sometimes free lunches-people are often friendly and nice- close commute to work

Changing demands with no resources to do so

Company kept changing software, data systems, and just about everything else at the worst possible times while providing minimal training for employees and forcing employees to step outside their job roles to pick up the slack for management’s poor decisions

Don’t do it

Terrible , horrible place that only cares about money. Non-teachers manage teachers. Money-making scheme. It a school but a business. If you like and care about students, don’t work here.

Great online job for mothers.

I enjoyed working for Primavera for 8 years. Unfortunately the administrators can be unprofessional and many feel the only way to properly review your work is to overly criticize. The principle role changed several times over the years and the last one I worked under was the worst. Policies changed constantly and contradicted each other. It was hard to know what was expected of you.

Friendly relaxed place to work.

A friendly relaxed place to work. Coworkers were great. Pay was decent, and I was able to work around my college schedule. However, there wasn't too much opportunity for professional growth.

Flexible and fun workplace with a mission

I worked at Primavera online during the summer and was offered a part-time position to have a work schedule that fits with my school schedule. Overall, the leadership is great and the team is acceptive and friendly.

Good

Excellent job great opportunity loved working for company. Excellent opportunity to grow and expand in the company. Gave me alot of experince and growth.

I really enjoyed it

I truly enjoyed my job here, the management is extremely nice and professional, training was effective we were allowed to dress comfortably. My only regret is quitting

Very happy employee!

This is a great company with excellent leadership! You actually have a voice here. Communication and transparency are huge, so if you're not a good communicator, you may struggle a bit. We work hard, play hard and respect each other. Couldn't be happier!

Fun and comfortable Enviroment

Overall my 3 months working at Primavera Online High School were the best. I learned so much from everyone there and especially management. I was in the Enrollment department and I would say that's the best department to work for. They provide so many opportunities to employees to move up. Would totally recommend.

Dont waste your time. (Trust me)

It's like a bad high school clique. Everyone has their groups and dont like newbies. Theres no room to move up because the higher ups have either been there for 10+ years or they hire someone "qualified". Management is an absolute joke. Primavera sets their students up to fail. If you fail a class, we just turn around a reassign you that class until you pass it, offering no help unless you call and even if you call, chances are your teacher is busy and you're screwed. That article that came out about Primavera is 100% true. Executives are living their best life with their stolen money. Definitely pass on this job.

Poor Treatment of Employees

A typical day includes a closely monitored combination of grading, endless meetings, and calling students and parents. The job is more telemarketing and grading than teaching. Most of the other employees are pleasant and try to make the best of a undesirable work environment. The hardest part of the job is the micromanaging and berating by those in leadership positions.

Pros

Colleagues

Fun place cool supervisors

The supervisors here are some of the best supervisors i've ever had and they're great. The work environment isn't bad, it's a nice place to work. Most of your coworkers are kind and easy to work with

All About the Students

A typical day at work at Primavera consisted of supporting both students and faculty in various PC issues ranging from being locked out of Active Directory to Virus Protection and elimination.

Pros

One hour lunch breaks, strong teamwork

Cons

Micromanagement, low morale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primavera Online High School. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits