Primax Employee Reviews

Supportive and collaborative environment
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 12, 2019
Primax provides a work experience that is goal oriented, and focused on helping you to achieve your highest potential in your role. Management is highly competent, and very good at employee recognition which is rare to find. The company offers many opportunities to move up to higher positions. Workplace culture is family oriented, supportive, and collaborative. For those who are dedicated and willing to work hard as part of a team, Primax is an excellent employer.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Respect & Support
Excellence Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MAJanuary 22, 2019
Just started working here, and it really is such a transition from my previous job. I was genuinely miserable, stressed out, and always tired at my last job. I’ve been working here for a little bit over a month now, and I have been able to go back to school, adopt a pet, and plan a vacation! Which for some that may sound normal but for those who are not used to proper working conditions, then you know where I’m coming from. Everyone here makes me feel respected, and comfortable. I was raised differently therefore I am not used to this type of support, so it is all so new to me, and I like it. Primax is the perfect place to work at if you feel like you deserve to be treated like the hard working being you are. You learn so much, and it’s a very clean work environment. The trainer is awesome, & the training she provides really prepares you for the job. You get a few breaks during your shifts which helps if you get overwhelmed easily. They also really work with their employees, and are so understanding. During my training I had requested to come in 1 hour later than my scheduled shift because I had to buy my school books, and they approved it without hesitation. It was then, and there I realized I chose the right job because it shows they obviously care about the things you care about. Also the job itself gets easier with each phone call. So far, so very good!
Pros
Management, cafeteria, breaks
Welcoming with great growth opportunities
Card Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MASeptember 18, 2018
When I joined Primax I was in the process of changing careers. I was worried that being a little older than most seeking a new career could hinder my career path so, to test things out, I started as a customer service rep answering calls. What I quickly found was that my concerns could not have been further from the truth. Over the last 3 years, Primax has afforded me ample opportunities for growth and professional development. Having the chance to step up and show what I was capable of has made my future here limitless. Each day I am met with new challenges and different ways to help create a positive work environment and a wonderful, supportive, collaborative team. I never know what my day will bring but what I do know is that I look forward to, and I'm very happy to come to work each day and I don’t see that changing for many years to come.
Work/life Balance
Project Services (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MASeptember 17, 2018
I have been working at Primax for over 10 years. Management understands and supports each person's personal life! The job is very interesting and challenging at times! However, they value the work/life balance. PTO is great! Having all holidays is even better! Great team environment!
Pros
Flexibility, Pto, Work/life balance
Weird Environment for Young People
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAJune 5, 2018
Some people certainly try to make you feel welcomed, but it's the others who ruin it. Very strange work environment. The management makes very weird comments and tries to be your friend before your leader.

It was always hard to stay informed on the proper procedures; if you missed a few days for vacation, you'd come back and have to learn all new procedures. And yet without proper training on most things, including phone skills and customer service (more focus on teaching info on the help screen, that we're required to look at anyway?) the agents are held to an incredibly high standard.

Overall very very uncomfortable. I have way too much dignity to ever go back.
.. Not to mention the office is infested with ants and spiders. Upon recommendation to move the furniture and clean behind the desks, I was advised that's not necessary, and the agents need to be more careful with our crumbs and wiping our desks with Lysol.
Always Learning
Excellence Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MAMay 25, 2018
I have worked at Primax for many years now and each day is a learning experience for me which I enjoy immensely.

My co-workers are friendly and always smiling. Management is down to earth, always willing to assist and are focused on your success.

Primax is a small company, fast-paced & growing. Processes and procedures can change on a daily basis which may be difficult for some individuals, however I was made aware of this during my interview as well as training so this was no surprise to me.

I highly recommend this job to anyone looking to learn about the credit card business, willing to work hard and ultimately grow in their career.
Pros
small company, good pay, great management
benefits
Love Working Here!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MAMay 25, 2018
I have been a Primax employee for approximately 2 years and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time working here! There is GREAT opportunity for growth and advancement as it is a small company which is growing larger by the day. I have advanced numerous times through my department, and my pay has been raised significantly as well. I learn more every day about the banking / credit card industry, and I always feel supported in my role. Management is very supportive and wants to see their respective teams succeed, and the culture of the workplace is a very supportive environment. If you are willing to learn, someone will always be there willing to teach and work with you!
Great Place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MAMay 25, 2018
Easy to get along with everyone able to manage home and work life no problem. the people and culture is so warm and inviting and to achieve your goals there are amazing team leads to guide you and coming to work has never been a chore each Primax is one of the best companies I have worked for
Cons
they call us executive ambassadors
Horrible place, STAY AWAY management does not care only for themselves.
Customer Service Agent I (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAMay 14, 2018
Horrible place to work in, their is no open door policy, management does not care for its employees, someone is always getting fired or leavinng due to the horrible service this company provides. You get a raise for .25 cents each time you get trained in a different department, and each department is harder and harder and only .25 cents plus dealing with management horrible attitude and also not helping.
Pros
Pto.
Cons
Horrible place to work for. Management is horrible they do not care and their attitude is bad.
Very Unfair Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAMay 14, 2018
They take full advantage of the Employee-At-Will label and fire employees left and right without a proper explanation or reasoning. Every week, if not every other day, theres an email sent out with new employees that have “left” or are no longer part of the company. Some of the people definitely mean well and want you to succeed, but most of the management is just a group of nobodys who got an unnecessary amount of authority over most of the employees. I had friends and even family work there make the same complaints. Everyone tries to ask for help and gets belittled for reaching out. Nobody exercises any kind of Open-Door policy. This place was a learning experience, and I learned never to come back.
Pros
Some of the staff
Cons
No room for growth; horrible management; salary increase is very minimal
Great Work/Life Balance
Projects (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MAApril 30, 2018
I have been with the company for four months. Primax is a small, privately held company that takes care of its employees. There is plenty of room to grow with the company; it's easy to work with upper management to make your position your own. The work life balance is great - everyone promotes family first, which is really nice when you have a young family at home. I would highly recommend Primax - its a great place to work!
other jobs that pay more. stay away
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAApril 17, 2018
Been working here for a few months now and it really isnt worth it. They say they have an open door policy which is really not the case at all. The interview process is weird as well. They will phone screen you but ask questions that is already on your resume. Managment is something left to be desired. They have incentives but trust me they are not all that great. The turnover rate is alot higher than any call center I have worked for and they claim is in average. Nope not at all. So please beware before you apply here.
Could Be Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAJune 23, 2017
The tools are in place to be a great company, however they are focused on things that don't matter. If they focused on Employees work ethic and not personal life. Things would run smoother,
Great job, wonderful people, and great hours
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MAJune 8, 2017
I started working at Primax in the beginning of May. The very first thing I noticed was how kind all the staff is. It's a small company, but it's a very busy environment and everyone who works here from all departments made sure to introduce themselves and welcome us to the company. Here at Primax, all the managers AND the CEO have an open door policy and they are so nice it is unreal. They want to hear from us, they want us to tell them how we are feeling and welcome suggestions. Also, the training program here is incredible. I had no knowledge of this type of work a month ago, and now I feel like I know everything. I learned so much in such a short amount of time, and it makes me very confident. My managers helped me get a schedule that works for me and my personal life and were very understanding and willing to make it work, even though they didn't have too because I was only here for about two weeks before I needed to change my schedule. So now I know I don't ever need to be afraid to talk to anyone. In addition to all of that, there is so much opportunity for growth and this company prefers promoting from within. Many current employees have been here for over ten years and still look forward to coming to work everyday. I see myself here for a long time, I am very happy here and everyone is always so happy to help. the company just started this new thing called 'Theme Day', and it's really fun. This passed week we had carnival day where every one wore bright colors, brought in food, and we all got to take turns playing games for prizes. One employee even brought in a pop  more... corn machine, which was awesome. So overall, if you're looking for good starting pay, wonderful people, competitive work, and a set schedule, this is the place for you.  less
Pros
Pto
Cons
Health Insurance is very expensive.
It was an ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Third Shift) (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAMay 23, 2017
I didn't find the company to be very organized or friendly. Everyday there seemed to be a new set of procedures and regulations. One department never seemed to know what the other was doing even though the tasks over lapped each ohter
Positive outlook on the future here
Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MANovember 29, 2016
As a new Primax employee, I would like to share some feedback. I hope this benefits any potential inquiries, I understand others opinions may not be as open-minded. This is my honest feedback and review. My expectations for the position I was hired for, customer service representative were that of "what a typical call center" environment under takes. The job description is true to the expectations, and are clear. The hours are normal as are the breaks. Must be willing to make changes, in order to meet the needs of the business. The welcome that I have received from other employees and staff was truly heart felt and warm. They all have shared there personal journeys, and growth within the company. Everyone has been supportive, friendly and approachable. Thankful for the opportunity which I can grow a long term career.
Pros
Long term opportunities
Cons
Remain optimistic through out all Cons
workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MAOctober 7, 2016
I have been working for primax for a month now and its been GREAT, the management and employees are very friendly and easy going. What I like most about the job is that it is a challenge everyday there is something new to learn. I also love how the company acknowledges and rewards those who are doing an awesome job. I would recommend this job to anyone who is looking to build a career in a call center environment. a lot of opportunity to grow within the company
Pros
great pay
Stay away from this Company
Customer Service I (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAAugust 31, 2016
So far worst job I've ever had. Favoritism, lack of communication, warnings for the littlest mistake, unprofessional. Hiring process was good but full of lies. STAY AWAY!
Pros
Pay
September 28, 2016

Thank you for your review. Because we are working with sensitive financial data, attention to detail and following procedures are critical to our business. While this position is not the right fit for everyone, we work hard during our hiring process to ensure that all candidates understand the position's requirements and the environment in which the job is performed.

Great company Horrible middle tier managment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAMarch 29, 2016
Training was great unfortunately lead you to believe when you need help it will be available , False you ask questions you get an attitude from a certain team lead! Manager above leads is on some kind of power trip that is just not helpful, and this is why no one stays! Every week there's an email with people that left the company!! Middle management is just awful, Management above them is great and Reps below them are also great, but unfortunately you have to deal with middle management constantly intimidating and being condescending. All reviews posted here not located in Wakefield are not for this company and I wish indeed would remove them those reviews bring the numbers up for this company and readers are not getting a true review
Cons
insurance too expensive
September 28, 2016

Thank you for your review. We are working hard on improving our training and onboarding process to ensure that new employees are successful. We have an open door policy and encourage all employees to speak with us about any issues they have at any time. While this position is not a fit for everyone, we have many long-term employees who are both happy and successful in their roles at Primax.

Highly recommend NOT working here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAJanuary 21, 2016
Management is AWFUL and there is very little opportunity within the company. Their turnover rate is RIDICULOUS, worked for PRIMAX briefly and the number of people that left was WAY WAY WAY more than they took on. Make you work through your break and give you attitude if you say no. Save yourself the trouble. Stay away.
Pros
benefits/pay acceptable
Cons
Management, Short breaks if you get one at all, Attitude is awful
September 28, 2016

Thank you for your review. While we are a small company, we do provide many growth opportunities for our call center employees. We have many tier levels within our call center itself, along with other departments for our employees to grow into. We give all employees a 30-minute lunch break, along with two 10-minute breaks per shift. Our employee turnover rate is comparable to an average call center environment. We have an open door policy and encourage employees that are unhappy to speak with us at any time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primax. Our community is ready to answer.

Primax Reviews by Location