Prime, Inc. Employee Reviews

Houseman (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 29, 2018
Prime, Inc. is a wonderful place to work for someone who is a positive and hard working team player. Great benefits and discounts. Relaxed atmosphere.
awesom
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 29, 2018
very good company, equipment, internal support, miles were awesome, travel was great benefits were awesome, felt like a family your were a name and not a number
Good company
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 14, 2018
Good company to work for. Had good relationship with our fleet manager. Was able to get home when requested which was a plus for us. Made decent money but lots of overhead with fuel expenses, truck upkeep, taxes and insurance.
Pros
Good home time, Free travel and exciting sights, got to visit friends and family some with planned deliveries.
Cons
Dangerous working conditions-highway driving, winter driving
I loved my job, but....
Maintenance Advisor/Breakdown Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 4, 2017
I prefer to not get to deep into my issue with this employer. Prime, Inc could be an amazing company to work for if it weren't for the politics. I understand that's part of any career, to an extent, but nothing like this.
Overall... Prime, Inc is a decent company.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 30, 2017
Prime by far takes pride in their company. The training is worth every second. Not all trainers are top notch, there's a few that makes you give the company two thumbs down, but, utilizing the chain of command will dissolve any issue that may arise, I promise you when they say "zero tolerance," believe it. Now, even though the company highly recruit "females" its lack the desired readiness to accommodate women truckers; therefore, so much is limited, especially trainers (whereas, it may be weeks before you actually get on the road, if you decide not to settle for a male trainer).
Pros
Patience. Paced oriented, as it relates to new trainees' progression; orientation is thoroughly executed, extremely informative.
Cons
Training phases (PSD/ TNT) are too drawn out before you test out.
Underpaid as a company driver compared to other like companies...
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  MissouriMarch 24, 2017
I work as a company driver for Prime, Inc. The equipment is pretty good but the pay isn't up to par for such a big and busy company. No chance for advancement, you will be a driver forever. Benefits are good especially if you stay over a year. Dispatchers in general are pretty grumpy which only tells me they are unhappy at their jobs. Training is a joke! No matter if you go through their school or you are a new hire with experience, you go out with a trainer to be evaluated. Most trainers are downright mean! The average new employee goes through 2-3 trainers. This results in a great deal of new hires quiting before they even start. Training program needs to completely re-vamped. First order of business in that area, have a set of standards that EVERY TRAINER must abide by!
Pros
Pretty good equipment, good benefits as a company driver especially if you stay over a year.
Cons
Stressed out dispatchers and trainers, not a friendly enviroment, low pay.
One of the best starter companies
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 21, 2017
Going to a Prime Terminal is like visiting a resort. They have everything you need, you're surrounded by professional staff and everything is well maintained; however, you won't get to enjoy those things until you go through their lengthy team-driver training (which was a turnoff for me because I don't play well with others) or drive for another company and gain the experience before going to Prime.

They are a large company and have been doing this for a long time. You can clearly tell that the owner puts a lot of the money he earns back into the company which makes life better for drivers and other employees. You are paid well but treated like a number.
Pros
Excellent terminals, above average pay, equipment was well maintained and comes with bells and whistles
Cons
Mandatory team-driving for up to 40K miles, frequent payroll errors, untrained trainer and poor training program
Do not lease here if you are husband and wife team.
Lease Operator (Current Employee) –  Springfield MO home terminalFebruary 13, 2017
Our 7th lease and by far the lowest revenue ever. Lease teams only get left over freight. Dispatched behind company drivers, and trainer teams. Really discouraged by going in hole after being here for so many years. Priority here is not the lease operator husband and wife teams!
Pros
Great power units
Cons
Lots of damaged trailers
A place to make you broke as a driver
Former driver (Former Employee) –  UtahNovember 24, 2016
Good day
Prime a bad place to work they do not pay and they take more then they pay if your a lease op they don't give back a e fund and they put you so deep in the hole you will never get out
Pros
Cons
There all liers
Pay is good management sucks
Trailer Technician (Former Employee) –  PaNovember 21, 2016
Good paycheck but they don't care about you.. just a head to fill a postion.. worked there for four years.. free gym that's cool.. food is decent.. wouldnt let me come back because I didn't move my tool boxes the right way when I gave a months notice..
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Horrible managment
Where do you fit on the food chain
driver (Former Employee) –  usaDecember 22, 2015
good company if you want to learn about trucking. You have to cover your butt every day. If they like you , you willbe ok if not
then don't be shocked when your hit up on questionable issues .
Pros
Decent facilities, plenty of room to advice if your that GQ image
Cons
too big to sees its own identity anymore
Not just a job.
Truck Driver (OTR) Instructor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 11, 2015
Not just a Job. I had the chance to see a lot of new places and meet a lot of fun and interesting people. At times training for them was hard but rewarding when my students passed or learned something new, I enjoyed working for Prime Inc.
Pros
made alot of money, and new friends
Cons
being away from home and family
A good company to learn the business
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PANovember 8, 2015
well maintained facility, pleasant environment to work. Hardest part is waiting for loads, but over all a friendly place to work with all the help u need, one phone call away.
excellent place to work great people friendly atmophere no stress enviroment.
Flat-bed Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 29, 2015
best company i've ever worked for. the owner really cares about the people who work for him. when I need help or have truck problems the road assit department is always right on it. delivery times are strict but your next load is always their you never sit , waiting on a new load. prime Is very family oriented and their always giving back to the families with pick nics and events Christmas, thanksgiving and holidays each terminal has events going on . clean showers and laundry facilities with a full time staff at all times. I never worry about my safety . days are long on the road but the dispatch understands what you do .
Pros
great pay, good home time and reliable pay great benifites
Cons
very rare 34 breaks
It's truck driving!
Truck driver lease operator (Current Employee) –  OtrSeptember 17, 2015
I came to Prime inc. as a lease operator to learn more about running my own trucking business. I have learned a great deal and now know the basics. Thus, I'm not planning to finish the lease but, instead am purchasing a truck and going to run under my own authority. Your success is totally on you.
Pros
Gives first hand experience on how to run a business
Cons
You have to learn as you go
Awesome Company -Great Pay
Recruiting/Media Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 19, 2015
I love working for Prime because I get to make great money, and I actually like my coworkers. It's fun to get to participate in a company instead of just be an employee. Prime is open to ideas and feedback and continually works to be the best in the industry. I was nervous about the incentive pay program at first, but the incentive pay system is awesome. If you like to work hard, it definitely pays off.

My favorite part about Prime is the culture. The owner, Robert Low, comes to work everyday and participates in all the major decisions at Prime. He's down to Earth and listens to the ideas and concerns of all associates.
Pros
Free fitness facilities, free meals on Thanksgiving and Christmas, Free coffee and tea all the time, Onsite daycare, salon, mailroom, theater
Cons
More vacation time would be nice
Don't dare take a day off
Driver Lease/Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 7, 2013
The lease is structured so that time off is nearly impossible. Take 4 days off, spend a 1 1/2 week in the hole. Freight rates have been chopped to the point that many loads are negative pay. Management expects you to haul them anyway. Their facilities in Springfield, MO. are topnotch though.
Pros
facilities in home yard at springfield, mo.
Cons
breaking a lease will cost you an average of $5000 per driver
Positive workplace.
Lease Operator/CDL Instructor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 28, 2012
I have worked for Prime Inc. twice during my driving career. Management has always been supportive and helpful in any area they can. The always made sure my needs were met as best as could be and made sure I was home when needed to be. They were always understanding and caring in my personal needs as well as my business needs. The atmosphere at Prime is positive and pro-driver. They practice what they preach, and know life is important outside of the trucking industry. Prime Inc., was the best company I have ever worked for, and received the most work rewarded and achievements and than any company before and after Prime Inc.
Pros
pay, benifits, awards, friendly, understanding, concerning
Got my CDL with them
Over-the-Road Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 22, 2012
They are a good place to get your CDL and a little experience and then get away from ASAP.
Pros
got my cdl there
Cons
they descriminate against disabled military veterans
no personal life with this job
Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 3, 2012
but it's that way with all long haulers. you're on the road almost the entire year, deal with power hungry d.o.t. officials, angry clients and lot lizards.
Pros
see the country
Cons
no family time