Prime Communications
Happiness rating is 42 out of 100

Prime Communications Employee Reviews

United States758 reviews

commissionattsalestoregoalquotahitdistrict

Coworkers are awesome, fast paced

Working at prime communication for me has been a good experience, but of course there are some downsides. The main one being is the sales quotas they can be hard to hit and it can force you to do some shady things.

No work life balance whatsoever.

Only people who get promoted are those who blatantly lie to customers, leave out details when selling items, and dodge the customers when they come back. I’ve seen people completely ruin an account and then have the customer sit on the phone for hours or go to corporate to get their issue resolved. NO work life balance. They refuse to have part time employees and force people to work on weekends.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Short pay, compensation compared to amount of work is ridiculous, only liars get promoted

Prime Communications insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Fine if your team is strong

The better your local team the better you will be. If you have a team that doesn't want to participate your whole store will suffer. The constantly shifting goals was horible.

Ok place to work but pay isn’t great

Poor leadership from upper management, decent pay but not easy to make, commission and base which isn’t much. Good place to learn how to communicate with public/customers.

Was good in the beginning

At first the location I was working at had a full staff then someone quit. Then manager always had to cut hours for their self because of overtime.So I only seen my manager between 10 and 15 hours a week.I did not feel comfortable working by myself at all. At this point I had only been there a month and one week. I did not have training I was promised and was left by myself to manage a location without having the knowledge of their software. I always had to FaceTime my manager or ask other individuals that were also new in the company for help. My family and friends agreed this was an unsafe work environment for anyone. I also never got a direct response about my ramp up and was told I would make commission on top of the ramp up which never happened. I was promised a lot of empty promises. I was promised one on one training, good wages, and not working alone. Unfortunately I had to leave for my safety and for more income to help support my family.

Pros

You had to take a lunch or you didn’t get paid

Cons

Too many

Not bad beginning sales job terrible management

You’re job is never safe if you like a location and you do good there for months or years and have one bad month you will be transferred immediately if you don’t like adding stuff to customers accounts with out then knowing this isn’t for you as well being underpaid compared to most indirects and or corporate

Above average below excellent

Overall it’s a pretty decent company to work for. There is no commission cap and that’s a plus. Overhead management cares nothing about current economic of most locations. Sales goals are extremely high and often unattainable depending on stores demographic area.

Prepare to sign your life away

Horrible company to work, coworkers are cool but higher management and the company in general does not care about you what so ever, you still have to work even on if you are sick, your day off or on pto

Store side vs Home office

Just like any other job there are pros and cons. Working in their home office, is an overall good experience. The store gets miserable quick unless you’re at a high volume store that attracts continuous customers. The commission and sales quotas change several times a year making it so they have to pay you less and less. Room for advancement is very cliquish and those who are in higher positions want you to bow to them and never want to hear your actual opinions.

Career Advancement

This company promotes within, and it’s always nice to see people i have worked with get promotions that’s well deserved. Hard work pays off. If your money driven, you’ll do amazing with this company.

Very rewarding and great management

Low stress great place to work with little to no micromanagement. I am able to be open and honest with my customers while selling which is a huge deal for me. I see myself building a career here.

Run for the hills

This is a terribly toxic place to work at. Yes you can make some good money but at the cost of your mental health. Upper management wants you to lie to customers and practically fraud to hit numbers. If you have any issues with upper management they will make your work life terrible until you quit. Don’t even think about going to HR either. They are only there to help upper management.

Great company with amazing opportunities

Amazing company to work for that offers amazing opportunities, I love the camaraderie and culture of the company. If you are ready to work hard, make money then this is the place for you. I have been given many amazing opportunities with Prime from becoming a DM to a paid trip to Cancun Mex !! I cant wait to see what other opportunities open up for me as my career progresses with Prime.

Good potential for money, but upper management has become toxic

Been wanting a sales job for quite some time and finally managed to get my foot in the door, when I started we had really good upper management that worked effectively. All that sadly is changing and new management could care less about what happens in its stores and demands that you do what they say

Pros

Good potential for income

Cons

Poor upper management, too high of standards and expectations

Okay place to work

This is a sales oriented role. As long as you can keep up with your goals, you can make great money. Customers can be a handful but you get that everywhere. Work-life balance can be hard because you work weekends because this is retail, and those are very high traffic days. PTO and benefits are great.

You won’t get your last 2 months commission

Management is terrible. Coworkers are cool. Low base pay. you can make good Commission- between 1k-2k/mth. If you’re good. If not - maybe 500- 1k/mth. Will let you go, so enjoy your life.

Great place

Great place to work. Lots of room for growth. Management is supportive and understanding. Continuous training and tools provided allow you to learn and grow as a sales representative.

Scammers

This company wants you to add things to customer account without their knowledge. It’s all about how to flip the customer bill to benefit the sales associate. Not a heathy workplace environment.

Pros

Commission check, ramp up bonus.

Overall okay

Month to month overall makes great or no money depending on business, different levels of leadership offers different views of issues or outlook on the company.

Great pay if you work hard enough. Upper management does not care about their people.

Overall, company is a joke. They care about the almighty dollar and everything else is pretty much irrelevant. Don’t take LOA, they’ll replace you. You start as a rep and work like a dog.

Pros

Commission, make your own money, benefits, free tuition.

Cons

Poor management, poor ethics, liars, fake, money hungry.

Horrible management

Would’ve been a great place to work if management didn’t expect one person to run an entire store on their own with no help from higher up that don’t respond to texts or calls. Also they have an age limit on promotions so if you’re under 21 no chance to move up at all. Completely wasted my time.

Common questions about Prime Communications

Answered by current and former employees at Prime Communications

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prime Communications. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.1
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.5Career Opportunities
2.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Prime Communications with

Learn about Prime Communications in popular locations

• Prime Communications
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?