Prime Healthcare Employee Reviews

Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 11, 2018
Nice supportive team
I learned a lot from my seniors
It was a nice atmosphere
Working with my colleagues was nice
Social life with colleagues was good
Pros
Some parties
Cons
Health care
Company eliminated may US citizen jobs
Nuance/Dragon Administrator, Physician Trainer (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 10, 2018
The Epic EMR application teams and company reorganization failed, and the massive layoffs affected moral combined with the lack of management, and direction, was not conducive for long term employment
Learned much about hospital IT job
IT technician (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CADecember 10, 2018
Answering IT related calls, focusing on priority tickets. Learned more on teamwork importance, taking notes daily, working very closely with managers and department heads, always keeping a very good relationship with them. In my more than 4 years I thought this was a very good place to work, 10 minutes away from home. The hardest part of the job was short of IT staff. The most enjoyable part was to have very supportive IT staff, as well being there for medical and administrative staff on time, keeping their IT equipment running, getting recognized.
Pros
Stable job, good benefits
Cons
Short of IT staff
the most enjoyable part of the job
Acct. Resolution Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 5, 2018
the hours were perfect, a lot of desk moving around, little space to work. The company was in a good location, mangers were fair.
Hospital week was awsome
Pros
great schedules
Cons
not much friendly people
Good Place
Emergency Room Nurse -Full Time (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 4, 2018
Good place nice people to work with. Poor salary rates and poor medical insurance choices for employees.Needs more benefits for employees. Prime insurance has terrible customer service.
Not fond of the brown people, stay away
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 1, 2018
This company tried to shatter my life on hearsay. The did not ask me questions but claimed they did a thorough investigation into the claims against me. The people that caused the incident are still employed there without consequence. They are very unfair in their treatment toward the brown people. The let me go over statements of untruth, but the ladies that played a part in this "so called" violation that I committed still are employed at that facility and are not brown. This is a very unprofessional company. I would never send anyone I know there for a job. It explains why they have a bunch of crappie employees versus good ones, and there turnover is sick. They are very discriminatory.
Benefits
Cons
The whole company neefs an overhaul
About north vista
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 1, 2018
Everyone is rude . Charity Holmes is a complete joke and has ruined people’s financial status letting a large number of people go on holloween for no reason . She kept all the ones who hit on patients and talks very rude to
Pros
Cons
Your life
Horrible Management
Acct. Resolution Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 23, 2018
Harassed by management! 2 managers were terminated. They do not give raises or reviews, Project managers were HORRIBLE & we were constantly moving desk (moved 3X within a 2 month-span) Very unorganized & stressful environment. Company had huge turnover.
Pros
Some Friendly Co-workers
Riverview Regional Medical Center
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALNovember 19, 2018
I have worked here since I was in college. I love the people I work with, the mission of the company, the dedication to the patients... That is why I still work here. It is a great place to work.
Very busy short staffed
Registered Nurse ICU (Current Employee) –  Lehigh Acres, FLNovember 16, 2018
Worked here 1 yr plus. Have recieved RN of the month . Recieved an excellent review though no raise. They have a ceiling cap on pay. Co workers are very nice. People are mostly friendly. The intensivist is awesome. Never shaken, calm.
Pros
Intensivist and ICU mgr
Cons
No raise
Great Program
CAT Scan Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXNovember 15, 2018
Great program that gave opportunities for education and advancement., and working with radiologists. Opportunities for rotating work areas to learn more exams and equipment.
Pros
Great schedule
Cons
Pay
Poor Management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 15, 2018
Management does not listen to employees. Forced to travel although was not initially hired for travel assignment. Most enjoyable part of the job was the staff I worked directly with everyday.
Great work place!
Administrative Assistant/Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 14, 2018
The CEO was very involved, and extremely nice! He always had an open door policy, and same goes for the remainder of the other management staff. I truly enjoyed working at North Vista Hospital!
Pros
Benefits, Management, and working environment.
Cons
N/a
Prime Healthcare is a fast paced community based hospital.
Emergency Room Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PANovember 14, 2018
A typical work day consisted of being the charge nurse during off peak hours. We would triage patients that arriving via ambulance and ambulatory. We would collaborate with the physician to provide the appropriate level of care. Duties consisted of medication administration, IV insertion, cardiac monitoring, being the team leader during cardiac events. I learned many skills while working for Prime Health including but not limited to conscious sedation, wound care, PALS and ACLS certifications, and telemetry and critical care certifications. Management was very supportive to continuing education. The hardest part of the job was when there were poor outcomes for the patients no matter how hard you worked to save them. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast paced work environment and when the outcomes were good.
Pros
12 hour shifts and management support
Cons
No cafeteria during the night.
great staff
Charge Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Redding, CANovember 14, 2018
Amazing work place very welcoming. Staff is very caring and team oriented. Always willing to help each other out putting the clients needs first. Very safe and clean work environment.
Team Oriented, caring, competitive wages
Internship (Former Employee) –  National City, CA 91950November 14, 2018
YRMC was my home away from home. All Employees and Departments worked together to care for patients with a holistic approach. Medical Staff worked tirelessly toward an individuals health and the best possible outcome pertaining to their diagnosis. Support Services provided the most relaxing hospital stay imaginable.
Pros
Clean, relaxed enviroment. holiday bonuses. friendly staff
Cons
short staffed at times
Management of Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 14, 2018
Facilities are great, people, service and location. The staff go above and beyond to meet all your needs. Their is not a more consistent group of staff that will always attend to the patient and family needs.
Won’t get what’s promised
RN (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALNovember 10, 2018
Your job is never guaranteed from day to day regardless of position or loyalty to company for many many years. Your always expendable. Very stressful work place.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Job security
challenging
RN - Surgical/Orthopedic (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXNovember 8, 2018
a typical day would start off chaotic. nurse to nurse report was longer than it should have been. i learned to work in busy high pressured setting.management was great when I started working, as soon PRIME HEALTHCARE took over management work became stressful and unhealthy. workplace environment was great when not under prime health care. Hardest part of my job was the constant floating and verbal abuse from surgeons.most enjoyable part of my job was working with a great team.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, constant floating, unapproachable managment
Worse Hospital in Vegas
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 7, 2018
Hands the worse working environment I have ever been involved with. The psych unit is dangerous always low employees, management is totally incompetent of what it takes to run a unit, lowest paid job with the most dangerous patients.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
horrible managment, low pay, dangerous enviorment, and incompetent management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prime Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

1.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight