Prime Healthcare Employee Reviews

Found 1,301 reviews matching the search See all 1,320 reviews
Family
Greet and assist patients (Former Employee) –  Garden City, MIOctober 18, 2018
Everyone was like a family, made it fun to come to work to. Program easy to use and learn. Learning experience. Close to home. Benefits are affordable.
Pros
Friends
If You See This Company About To Takeover; RUN!!!
Technician (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 18, 2018
I knew for profit companies are not a joy to work for in healthcare, but this company takes this to a whole new level! They came in and basically destroyed a nice community hospital and turned it into a house of horrors! The people here are not bad to work with, but with Prime as our parent company, it like sitting on a nuclear bomb with the timer going! Massive layoffs, lack of equipment, and just a stressful atmosphere to work in!
Pros
Awesome people to work with!
Cons
Cutthroat upper management!
I did not enjoy the environment after Prime took over
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAOctober 16, 2018
Prime is for profit and because of this the entire work environment changed after they took over, even when we were all promised it would not. A ton of wonderful people lost their jobs and its at Primes loss, I saw the tide turning and jumped ship, happy I did.
Great place to work and grow
Emergency Room Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAOctober 12, 2018
I've worked there 3 years and love it. The only downfall is the pay rate. It could be better. Otherwise, great doctors, friendly environment and a great stepping stone.
Poor corporate organization leadership
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALOctober 10, 2018
The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. Neither hand communicate or wants to communicate. Local leadership - great to work with, attuned to the local / state environment. California corporate leadership too far removed.
Nothing to Comment
None (Current Employee) –  Passaic, NJOctober 9, 2018
A very unique place with some good people. several employees care about their patient and Many of the directors are fair and care about the patient and the employees.
great people work there
Health Information Tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAOctober 9, 2018
worked along side great nurses and doctors and they were great. great community hospital. hardest part of my job was dealing with death and grieving families.
teamwork trustworthy co-workers
LVN Nurse (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CAOctober 5, 2018
friendly working environment learned iv skills and many hands on skills and how to provide good customer service.everyone follows rules and policies.Hardest was taking care of suicidal patients sometimes one to one
Pros
flexibility able to float to other departments
Cons
when census low get cancelled or placed on call
very productive place to work and adapt to
Insurance Collector (Current Employee) –  Weslaco, TXOctober 5, 2018
This job taught me to be very challenging and very competitive I enjoyed the 18 yrs of doing the job I was hired to do. The hardest part of this job is having to leave
Pros
job was 10 minutes away from home
Cons
payroll deductions are no longer an option
healthcare
correspondence clerk (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAOctober 5, 2018
I enjoyed working at prime care .I sat behind a desk and worked. I had great co-workers and a great boss.The pay was great I never had to worry about paying my bills because I worked a lot. The benefits were great.
Pros
great pay
Cons
laid off
love the work environment
Student Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CAOctober 5, 2018
I was nice to know that everyone was willing to help you be the best medical professional you can be. my favorite part is that everyone got along so great. not one bad apple in the bunch.
its good hospital
PROCEDURE REGISTERED NURSE (Per Diem) (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 3, 2018
The staff was professional and caring. They took care of my mom, my dad and son they when they were sick. Thanks so much for all you do!Everyone from the front desk staff to the doctor that I saw were kind, courteous, and helpful. This was my fourth time visiting the ER and I am happy to have such a great place to go in a pinch near my home”
n/a
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Passaic, NJOctober 3, 2018
Great place to learn but management expected work during lunch break, stay longer than your normal schedule and be on call. Too much work, not enough staff.
n a
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXSeptember 27, 2018
Decent work environment. Low staffing, need to hire more l&D rns to accommodate growing number of deliveries a month. easy to work with on schedule. Anesthesia in house
Great and fun place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 27, 2018
Very nice place to work. Great management and staff.great benefits. All in all it is a really cool place to work. They are really fair to there employees. Management was great.
Pros
Great benefits
Productive work place
Admitting Registrar (Current Employee) –  Lehigh Acres, FLSeptember 27, 2018
Been there almost 4 years good team work paid time off sick pay and holiday pay ok benefits not much to advance in I’ve worked in three different departments.
Productive workplace
Wound Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CASeptember 26, 2018
Opportunities for growth. Leadership at that time was very supportive. Great educational opportunities provided to staff. Staff was very personable and caring.
Unappreciated at times
Admitting Clerk and Part-time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALSeptember 25, 2018
There were times where the staff has felt they were unappreciated and the managers do not care about you as a person or as a team. Could have better work atmospheres.
Would not recommend working here. Horrible management
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXSeptember 25, 2018
When working here it was nothing but drama, management sucked, half the time management was complaining. Was a also fired without notice and was told a letter was coming through mail but never received the notice. Most employees were rude and did not treat the patients fairly.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Only employee on shift majority of the time
good work environment
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MISeptember 24, 2018
good work atmosphere, balanced work-load, good educational practices, would recommend to any professional, achieveable goals are set for employees, attentive doctors and nursing staffs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prime Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight