Prime Healthcare

United States1,999 reviews

Found 1,999 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,015 reviews
primepatientnursestaffmedicalnursingdoctorphysician

Awesome co-workers, poor management

I love love love all my co-workers, probably the only reason I stay! However management needs some adjustment. Same people in the administration positions have been here for years and if you're not in the 'in crowd' the forget about getting any help or support. There are people who get away with everything and others that get pushed out just because management doesn't like them. The ER is always catered to and the other departments are expected to help out down there even if they're own area is drowning. You ask for help and they just send more patients and don't care about pt safety at all. If you enjoyed highschool drama this is the place for you!

Work you like a dog and then want more.

There for quiet a few years, raises were a joke, work/life balance non-existent. Don't care about what in your life is happening, just show up to work no matter what.

Pros

Can't think of any

Cons

No help if you are overloaded

Prime Healthcare insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Management does not care if you are short staffed. Co workers don't care. Human resources is terrible and unqualified.

The place gets what they pay for. Management can careless if dept shift is short staffed. Therapists are mostly new grads, which ok if they get the proper orientation.

Pros

Cons

Short staffed, poor pay, no team work, do not care about longevity, They want you to be loyal but they can careless about the employees and their families

Loved my Manager

Loved the people that i worked with and my manager was amazing. The pay was very low, and could be adjusted. The new hires would make more than the people who had been there for a very long time.

Supportive Culture but Understaffed and Low Pay

I love the culture here. Most of my fellow CNAs and the nurses here are willing to help me and explain something to me if I don’t know how to do it. I am pursuing a nursing degree right now and I feel like I’ve learned so much from everyone just in the short time I’ve been here. That being said, the pay is some of the lowest in the area and the patient ratio is often 13:1 for nursing assistants with many of the patients being total care. It’s a great place to start to earn experience though and they are open to hiring new grads.

Nothing at all !

You get set up to fail , you fallow the Charge Nureses orders then get fired . The management has no idea what's going on on the unit . This is why there is s great turn over on techs

Cons

Not a good place to work, but you will get experience

Unsafe in mostly every aspect of nursing. Nurses have a lot of autonomy in this role, but PVH hires mostly newly graduated nurses because the pay is so poor, so it continues to be very unsafe

Community Hospital Setting

Had a lot of great coworkers and we all looked out for each other, my direct supervisors and manager were also great. Very short staffed now, many people have left for better paying jobs. Management outside of my direct supervisors were not understanding or truly supportive of us struggling with high census and low staff. Not enough pay or raises.

Friendly staff - good place to grow

Good hospital - drs and nurses care about the patients there . Good opportunity to grow in your career. Small hospital so friendly staff . Nurses managers are great on medsurge and ICU .

Meet people from all walks of life.

Minimum patients 6, if you get 4 discharge, you end up with 10 patients that day, it's stressful, no help from charge nurses, other nurses are too overwhelmed to help. 12 hours of non stop patient care, 30 minutes break, they still call you and ask questions on your break, what a joke.

Pros

Close to home, don't have to drive far.

Cons

Stressful, 6 patients to begin with, may end up with 10 patients

Worst company

Worst company ever.Doesn't care about their employee. All they care is about money making.If your are sick they will get mad at you.Pay is not even competitive

Flexibility

Flexible hours that help accommodate home life needs (sick kids, appointments, etc). MedBridge account for continuing education. Reasonable productivity requirements.

Just a job not a career

It was the worst place ever to work, pay was extremely low, they even lock up supplies such as church etc for the patients. They don't care about proper training. Your just a body to them and high turn over rate with staff.

No room for growth

Too much office favoritism. You can work as hard as you can, it will not pay off. They had a lot of young people working there. You will see people working hard and some doing nothing at all. Very frustrating place to be

Not too busy like most hospitals but non existent management and terrible pay

I dont understand the OWNERS.. they hire new grads at very low rates, train them and KNOW they will leave within a year.. then do it all over again! So basically this hospital is all new grads. It is supposedly a non profit so they want to lose money so its a tax write off but they are definitely a FOR PROFIT corporation. Surprised they are still open. I would never be a patient there...

Pros

some great nurses and doctors, not crazy busy

Cons

poor pay, non existent management, greedy

Good work crews, but never get raises or shown appreciation

The pay is horrible, training is awful! Housekeeping director doesn't care or even have a single clue how it's being ran. Manager is clueless! You never get pay raises, and are expected to do the work of 3 people! Trying to show your a good employee there will only backfire on you. Only do your 1 job and go home. Nothing extra. If you don't have anyone higher up, you'll never move up. Only good thing is the workers help each other and stick together!!

Pros

Great coworkers, Good insurance

Cons

short breaks, never get a raise, and bad management all the way around!

Employees are great, management is not

After working there for several years , new manager said I don’t know anything. Plus colleagues did. Not like me. Not a reputable company to work for

Wonderful employees, terrible management

This company makes you feel like you are just another number and everyone is replaceable. Management is clueless and does not fight for their employees. Then corporate policies are a complete joke, no one could work here if they have a family because they call-off policy alone punishes you for being sick with no exceptions. They also offer insultingly low pay for all this and despite knowing that they are one of the lowest paying employers in the area and losing people left and right, they turn a blind eye instead of actually paying people so they will stay.

Pros

Cheap insurance, great employees

Cons

Insurance is limiting, low salary, low staffing

Miserable place to work under this new corporation

There are no redeeming qualities to this company. Poor benefits, no competitive wages, poor management. Employment at a different hospital made me realize how Prime does not care about employees or the patients we care for.

Awful work culture

Terrible place to work. Leadership culture bad, no growth, leadership lie to employees, Poor quality of care, little front-line staff supportgood that is a Community hospital

Administration not cooperative with Union

Not recommended for long term work. Low pay, lack of administration support, biased, disgruntled charge nurses, discourages break times, disregards nursing union, poor benefits. Ideal for new nurses for experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prime Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.4
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Prime Healthcare with

• Prime Healthcare
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?