Prime Healthcare Employee Reviews

Found 1,362 reviews matching the search See all 1,366 reviews
Not fond of the brown people, stay away
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 1, 2018
This company tried to shatter my life on hearsay. The did not ask me questions but claimed they did a thorough investigation into the claims against me. The people that caused the incident are still employed there without consequence. They are very unfair in their treatment toward the brown people. The let me go over statements of untruth, but the ladies that played a part in this "so called" violation that I committed still are employed at that facility and are not brown. This is a very unprofessional company. I would never send anyone I know there for a job. It explains why they have a bunch of crappie employees versus good ones, and there turnover is sick. They are very discriminatory.
Benefits
Cons
The whole company neefs an overhaul
Do not apply here
EMT (Former Employee) –  National City, CAOctober 25, 2018
I would not recommend anybody to work here. Management for one is horrible. Its an ER you are supposed to remain calm. Instead they run around like chickens with their heads cut off causing unnecessary chaos. The pay for techs is a joke. You do so much for so little. They work techs as if they were slaves and have no appreciation. The raises are literally less than a dime a year. Management picks favorites so their is no opportunity to advance. If you're a hardworking person do not come here they will take advantage. Fews Techs that basically do what they want and have no consequences. Which is where favoritism comes in.
Pros
Ot
Learned much about hospital IT job
IT technician (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CADecember 10, 2018
Answering IT related calls, focusing on priority tickets. Learned more on teamwork importance, taking notes daily, working very closely with managers and department heads, always keeping a very good relationship with them. In my more than 4 years I thought this was a very good place to work, 10 minutes away from home. The hardest part of the job was short of IT staff. The most enjoyable part was to have very supportive IT staff, as well being there for medical and administrative staff on time, keeping their IT equipment running, getting recognized.
Pros
Stable job, good benefits
Cons
Short of IT staff
A great start in the health care field
ER Admitting Representative/PBX (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CASeptember 23, 2018
Working at Huntington Beach Hospital, overall, was a good experience. It is a great place to start gaining experience in the health care field. It is a small hospital, therefore, the pay is not desirable. However, the environment is friendly and the work load is not too demanding. You MUST have patience and you MUST be able to work under pressure. Costumer service is a huge key role. There is no micromanagement which allows a calm working environment.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
undesirable pay
Worst place to work!!
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJuly 27, 2018
This has to be the worst place to work. I cannot speak for all departments , but in my department it sucks. Your co-workers will stab you in the back, talk to others behind your back, not help, and communication??? Hahahaha that’s a joke too.

Managers don’t do anything except say ok, we will handle it, and nothing ever gets done.

If you call out, expect to be scolded when you show up the next day.

Benefits are a joke. You can opt to get “free” medical, but good luck getting authorization. It’s been 3 weeks and they are STILL trying to get authorization. It goes to VM and states mailboxes are full when you try to call.

Overall, this isn’t a good place to work. All they want is patients money they don’t care how they get it.
Pros
Clinical staff in ED
Cons
Benefits, management, co-workers, pay
Horrible Management
Acct. Resolution Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 23, 2018
Harassed by management! 2 managers were terminated. They do not give raises or reviews, Project managers were HORRIBLE & we were constantly moving desk (moved 3X within a 2 month-span) Very unorganized & stressful environment. Company had huge turnover.
Pros
Some Friendly Co-workers
Cons
great team motivated within employees, but bad managmemt
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXNovember 6, 2018
poor management that supports hostile enviroment from assigned supervisors, not once in any meeting or huddle patient safety was priority when is supposed to be a number one topic at all times in any medical institution
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no lunch breaks, but still deduct your 30 minutes from time cards
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 7, 2018
Director of surgical services has never worked in surgery prior to becoming director was a med/surge RN. She’s just a puppet. RNs bully each other HR does nothing.
Pros
Starting pay fair
Cons
No raises, old North Vista employees, need new Prime employees
All jobs going to India
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousJuly 19, 2018
Prime Healthcare is outsourcing as many jobs as it can to India. US IT/PMO/etc jobs are not safe at this company despite them being a US based healthcare company. It's also a dead-end job with no room for advancement, no promotion cycles, nor even annual raises. This company is not good for the US economy and I would not even recommend anyone to be a patient at one of their hospitals.
Pros
average starting pay is the best pro I can think of
Cons
Long hours, high stress, work never ends, no room to grow, no raises, and all jobs being outsourced to India
Very busy short staffed
Registered Nurse ICU (Current Employee) –  Lehigh Acres, FLNovember 16, 2018
Worked here 1 yr plus. Have recieved RN of the month . Recieved an excellent review though no raise. They have a ceiling cap on pay. Co workers are very nice. People are mostly friendly. The intensivist is awesome. Never shaken, calm.
Pros
Intensivist and ICU mgr
Cons
No raise
Great work place!
Administrative Assistant/Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 14, 2018
The CEO was very involved, and extremely nice! He always had an open door policy, and same goes for the remainder of the other management staff. I truly enjoyed working at North Vista Hospital!
Pros
Benefits, Management, and working environment.
Cons
N/a
Easy place to work at.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 7, 2019
The company wasn't too bad to work for. The atmosphere at work was friendly and it was easy to get work done because it was a quiet office setting. There were a few people who were not to likable, but all around, it wasn't a bad place to work at.
Pros
Paid time off, benefits
Cons
Company has a diversified workforce.
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAOctober 29, 2018
A typical workday includes numerous meetings/consultations with employees regarding their benefits and leave requests.

Reports are created for the Management Team to assist in current and future planning.
Unhappy at PRIME
CSR (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 26, 2018
I am so blessed I got out of prime. NO training, NO Direction, No Pay raises. I tried to move up to a different position and instead of hiring within they choose to hire outside the company.
friendly work environment
Staff Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAJanuary 10, 2019
independent work environment. respect from physicians worked with.staff caring and welcoming to patient and each other. average pay and compensation package.
Loved the work, to many changes within the company with work duties.
Cash Applications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 12, 2018
I enjoyed the work and the benefits. Employees were nice and helpful. Management was not very communicative. Too many changes within the company, moving us from one Hospital to another. Did not feel stable at my position.
Pros
Enjoyed the work and co workers.
Cons
Too many changes with duties, did not feel stable.
Good Place
Emergency Room Nurse -Full Time (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 4, 2018
Good place nice people to work with. Poor salary rates and poor medical insurance choices for employees.Needs more benefits for employees. Prime insurance has terrible customer service.
na
Pathology Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 31, 2018
Had a few different positions but there were no new opportunities offered to me. Just terminated my position.
Sorry I have no more to talk about my position.
Pros
free benefits
Cons
unsettled atmosphere
Great and fun place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 27, 2018
Very nice place to work. Great management and staff.great benefits. All in all it is a really cool place to work. They are really fair to there employees. Management was great.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not very serious about safety or security of employees or patients. Turn over very high in nursing staff,.
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAJuly 26, 2018
Not very serious about security of the patients or employees. With today's atmosphere more attention to hospital security is highly recommended. Turn over rate in nursing staff high. Waiting periods in Admitting very long. Upper management turn over is very high.
Pros
Manager.
Cons
Salary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prime Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Prime Healthcare.

Powered by Comparably