Prime Healthcare
Information from Prime Healthcare:

Prime Healthcare Employee Reviews

United States1,730 reviews
Found 1,730 reviews matching the search
My job isn't particularly difficult, some days can be a little overwhelming, but I enjoy the challenges. I do feel undervalued at times, but that's prime.
Pros
Management often gives us opportunities to go home earlier than scheduled on holidays that fall, Flexibility to start at a time that works for your needs.
Cons
Won't pay what your worth, Very little given at yearly evaluation.
Great people and Doctors. Traveled there for 9 months and was a great team CVOR/Vascular. Busy place with just 4 rooms but the job got done and everyone is willing to help each other.
A place of all new grad’s. Older staff, night supervisor, allowing other’s to do his job for him. Allowing staff to go in supervisors office on their nights off. VERY STRANGE, Unique place to work. No clear sense of direction. Favoritism & manipulation @ it’s best. The left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing. I would not send my loved one to this facility.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Favoritism/manipulation
It is asking a lot from people with little to no support in any way that makes the position hard. Some coworkers are caring but has many cliques. Always be sure to watch your back psych patients and homeless will attack you regularly, As well as some of your coworkers and managers.
Nurses and doctors are great but the lab management is trash and has no idea what’s going on and makes schedules that massively conflict with anyone’s personal life.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Good pay and nice place to go . Must be a fast learner and willing to go above and beyond to get the job done. Computer literacy, ever changing skills and environment.
Does not value employees. Management is horrible. No advancement, although in the beginning they promise you that they have this at work. Poor salary scale.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Horrible management, low paying job, under appreciated
The best part about working for Prime is that it is a great environment for learning. The pay may be on the lower end of the scale but if you don’t have any experience it’s a great start to getting your feet wet. Also because of the high turn over rate with nurses due to the low wages, the ability to gain experience in other departments and advance further up the ladder is fairly attainable. Many of the physicians at the hospitals are just starting out as well so it’s often very easy to discuss patient plan of care and offer suggestions without feeling intimidated or belittled especially when you are a new nurse.
Pros
Teaching hospital, room for growth, interns and nursing students
Cons
Low wages, poor retention of nurses
If you like the Cast system then this is the place for you! India brought to the USA in one convenient location and work enviroment. the job was borning and the people were wiling to treat you less then.
Pros
....none, also the that there were none. OH, I got to clock out 15 minutes early and still get paid.
Cons
to many to list, but a few are unsafe working conditions, a sence that you are less then a valued person.
Overall this is not a very good company staff are very rude don't as a team at all. Even supervisors and HR department are horrible don't have staff back fighting on floors especially tower 4 and there's a huge race issue here when everyone is at work to do the same thing help patients but focus isn't on patients when staff focus on each other issues that has nothing to do with work at all horrible place to work and very stressful.ataHorrible
Mission Regional Hospital was bought out in 2017 by Prime Health Care. Prior to acquisition. Was told by management our jobs were secured and did not see any loss of jobs in the immediate care nursing positions. Was I formed from one day to the next without notice. I was being laid off. Management played it off by trying to be sympathetic. Deceived in a very poor way. After 15 yrs of service. They were looking out for there own intereste.
Pros
Cons
Dishonesty
Worst hospital I've ever worked at. Poor management stuck in a "that's the way we've always done it" mindset. Not open to more current testing methodology because, that's the way we've always done it even though it's wrong.
Great people to work with. Super encouraging. A lot of experience and learn new things daily. Fin at times, co-workers become like family. Not the greatest pay but looking for experience that is the place to go!
The only reason I left was to work remotely. Then I got laid off. I never would have left had I known this would happen. My HR Director was fantastic and fair. I was paid well and the benefits are pretty good. I truly enjoyed my time there and enjoyed the people. My job definitely had its' challenges but don't all? I would go back in a heartbeat.
Pros
The people and patients
Cons
lack of advancement in my department
Check out the Las Vegas review journal type in north vista hospital there are so many bad articles about this place management is horrible and it is very unsafe. Nurses get hurt by patients daily and the adult psych unit is doing Medicare fraud. The air conditioning yes that right the A/C doesn’t work in the ER I was there 8 yrs and it never worked. So if you want to sweat your butt off at work or get physically assaulted by patient’s then you should work here
Only applie to work at the corporate office because the warehouse is not a professional healthy environment. not a good positive experience working at this location
team is great pay is poor benefits are trash you have to pay to be seen at your own facility. Ratios are fair but it can get out of hand with 7 patients usually its 5:1
Pros
Great team
Cons
Low pay rates expensive benefits
Prime Health is a slow-paced hospital for Ultrasound Techs which means it is a good place to learn. You will perform procedures such as thoracentesis, paracentesis, and thyroid biopsies which gives you a chance to learn invasive procedures. Plus you will get a good dose of vascular studies, both venous and arterial.

The bad is that the pay is low, not too much chance for advancement. You will probably stay per-diem for years, or as long as you are an employee!
Pros
Good learning hospital for newly graduated techs.
Cons
Low pay, no chance for advancement to part-time or full-time employment.
Great volunteer experience. April is awesome! You can volunteer in any department after volunteering for at least 4 months. Very cool people and a wonderful experience.
Very poor service, favoritisms among managers and directors, they prefer friends than experience staff. Low resuscitation rate due to low experience levels, premature ICU Staff
Started off being a very interesting job where you witness life and death on a daily basis. Taking calls from either er or mental ward. Beware of the manager who will stab you in the back first chance he gets . Best advise is stay away from this place
Pros
Free medical
Cons
Manager/lead
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prime Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Prime Healthcare.