Prime Healthcare Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 18, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Prime Health care. The pay is terrible throughout the hospital.I would not recommend this place to anyone. Its more of a training . Get your experience and leave
Great Environment
HIM TECH VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  National City, CAApril 12, 2018
The staff here at the records departments consists of very productive and efficient HIM employees. It is a great atmosphere to work in and is managed very well.
educational
Student VN (Former Employee) –  AnehiemApril 11, 2018
Student clinical s was very fast pace, informative, and educational. I learned all hands on medical skills during this time. It was a challenging experience
Working as a nurse
LVN (Former Employee) –  La Palma, CAApril 11, 2018
It's nice that the hospital is very small. It seems everyone knows everyone because of it which is great. The down part about working for Prime Healthcare is that the staff members are the ones taking a cut. Their pay for employees are really low especially coming from a hospital. Raises rarely come around in general for anyone.
Stressful. poor upper management
Medical/Surgical charge nurse and floor nurse (Current Employee) –  Pampa, TXApril 10, 2018
Co-workers are a teams. Upper management is very poor with no consideration to its employees. Nurses are understaffed and overworked without consideration of nurses opinions.
Overall I was very happy working there.
Collector (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXApril 9, 2018
It was a very rewarding experience! I loved my job and the people I worked with. The only thing I have to say about Mission Regional Medical Center is Thank you for having me there for so long. I understand that Prime wants to have their Business Office Consolidated to Harlingen, unfortunately this company lost a lot of great employees, not just me. I am so grateful for all the experience and would love to have a new opportunity with them.
Pros
Loved going to the gift shop and making purchases with payroll deduction, and having the cafeteria purchases also payroll deducted.
Cons
The Closing of my department and consolidating it to Harlingen.
Nothing to say
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAApril 7, 2018
Very bad experience in the last year of me working there.I dont have anything to say about this compoany. I just want to move on from the horror that I went through here with employees and nursing director
Very friendly and relaxed environment
Cardiovascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MIApril 7, 2018
The Lake Huron hospital is a great place to work . My coworkers

are very friendly and hence it is a very relaxed environment. It is a

great place to develop my echo skills and become an experienced

technician.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Not much patients
fun
State Tested Nurse Aide/ Milieu Therapist (Current Employee) –  East Liverpool, OH 43920April 5, 2018
Excellent workplace. work days can be fun and stressful prime healthcare does not pay enough for the work being done. management is great. a lot of culture in the workplace which is excellent for growth
benefits
Cons
short breaks
work
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 29, 2018
I was really excited to work here and learn. I wasn't given a fair chance to train and learn though based on the minimal hours given. Unfortunately I had to seek other employment.
medical surgical unit
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALMarch 29, 2018
Good co-workers during my employment there. Nursing supervisors helpful. Chronically understaffed. No 24 hour pharmacy during my time there. Low end of normal compensation.
No fun when you have to figure out what to do and call every day just to get work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 28, 2018
Do not recommend you do not get any work and they do not explain any thing also they did not give me all of my last pay and gave a bad recommendation also they do not stand behind their employee.
Terrible management
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAMarch 27, 2018
Zero room for growth
Horrible Pay
Cancelled once a week
Full time getting 24 hours a week no one can live off of what they pay respiratory therapist at San Dimas. Why does Huntington Beach. West Anaheim. La Palma all make 29hr. Which is terrible and at San Dimas 23hr. Even worse it’s a slap in the face...
Pros
People and coworkers are great
Cons
Terrible Pay
Good for entry level
Clinical Documentation Improvement Coder Auditor (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 25, 2018
Good for people who are seeking a job placement in entry level coding and clinical documentation. The job culture is more or less more relaxed than in other companies.
Great place to work!
ICU RN (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVMarch 25, 2018
I have worked in many areas of this hospital and they are all great.Sometimes someone may have a bad day but that is not the norm! Everyone is helpful and the patients come first!!!
I loved the workplace I did staff relief for nursing homes and hospitals.
PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT AND NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MIMarch 24, 2018
The company Favorite Nurses' Temps is a good company to work for. I worked for Favorite Nurses' Temps for five years. I always used universal precautions with my patients at the various hospitals and my residents of the nursing homes.
Pros
I loved working contingent for the company.
Cleaned Rooms
Environmental Services Aide (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 22, 2018
Cleaned room and not much opportunity for advancement. The work day changed from day to day. I was assigned 10 room a day. There were different jobs for different room. Some rooms required protection including gloves, mask, paper gown. I typically worded on the psych ward which could be challenging.
Pros
It provided an income
Cons
No benifits
my co-workers are good to work with, but the management needs improvement
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVMarch 21, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people whom I have worked with and patients taught me how to be more patient, understanding, and compassionate. The management needs more improvement.
Pros
fair wage and benefits
Cons
management and HR department staffs needs improvement
Fast pace environment
Report Writer (Current Employee) –  Weslaco, TXMarch 18, 2018
Moving a small regional hospital to a national multi-location corporation is not an easy task. A typical day after our hospital was acquired was to make sure our different systems will interact error-free. The success we acquired is due to the hard work of both corporate staff and our local IT department.
Positive experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INMarch 16, 2018
A family conscious work environment, Good benefits, Busy work environment, patient interaction adds compassion to the job, I enjoyed learning from other coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prime Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

1.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight