Prime Healthcare Employee Reviews

Open to new grads
Emergency Room RN (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAMay 23, 2018
I am so grateful to this organization for offer me an opportunity at my first nursing position. They boast spectacular leadership and new grad opportunities but the pay scale was not competitive in my experience.
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSMay 23, 2018
Prime Healthcare is a great place to work. The people that I work with are very understanding. The hardest part of the job is that it is very physically demanding. The best part of the job is that I get to work at my own pace.
toxic environment
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  National City, CAMay 22, 2018
I had a horrible manager who didn't stand up for people. I had a company who didn't provide needs resources to do the job. Low pay for work load. Overall wouldn't recommend employment there.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  National City, CAMay 21, 2018
Paradise valley great hospital has nice staff and people who are willing to help
You. Very clean hospital and always welcoming patients fsmiky and making sure visit and stays are comfortable
Pros
Learn gain experience
Cons
No job opportunity
Demanding and Fast Paced
I.T. Technician (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 21, 2018
Working at Prime taught me a lot about corporate culture and being able to learn on the fly. The job entailed dealing with many healthcare professionals and their day to day IT issues. Involved a lot of problem solving and aptitude.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Needs 24 hour service so some shifts are bad
Autonomy and Surrounded by nice people
Trauma Program Manager (Current Employee) –  East Norriton, PAMay 18, 2018
This is a great place to work with people who are very supportive. I am allowed to make decisions based on the needs of the program I manage and management is also supportive of these initiatives.
love my co-workers
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 16, 2018
Always busy in my department but because I love my co-workers, it makes my work easy everyday.

I learned how to handle hard situations and be patient with every situation.

I enjoyed working most of all because of my co-worker. And flexible time.
Corporate Payroll Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 13, 2018
Love working for this company. Great opportunity for growth and advancement. One of the best healthcare systems to work for. A company that cares about their patients and their employees.
Destructive Environment
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MiMay 10, 2018
Small community hospital that uses the words “small” hospital to make employees work long hours one day, flex hours the next day, and made to feel replaceable.
The turnover in this hospital is the highest turnover rate witnessed in my 30 years. Upper management is never present and never willing to hear from employees. This hospital needs a complete overhaul. Confidentiality, professionalism & doing what is best for the patient isn’t important. The money drives this hospital and will continue driving staff and patients away.
Cons
Too many
Education experience
Practice Lead (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 10, 2018
Education and experience mean nothing. All about who you know and who likes you to advance. They made my receptionist manager the day after I left even though my providers and staff highly recommended me for the manager position.

Want to know more about Prime Healthcare?

Ask a question
It's ok
Private sitting (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 9, 2018
It's ok to but the lack of hours but people or friendly and patients or nice and it's clean and it's a great to work there manager are nice and great 😍
fast pace
ADMITTING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAMay 4, 2018
Enjoyed every minute of it. Enjoyed helping pt's with their financial needs by sending them to appropriate agencies.Learned different cultures. Made it fully staffed at all times to have a more efficient work flow..
Productive and Fun Workplace
Revenue Cycle Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 3, 2018
Prime offers an amazing balance between work and family life. I have expanded on my prior knowledge and always continue to learn more. They also offer amazing benefits.
Great place
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXMay 3, 2018
Great place to work. It is a good entry level position place to work and gain great experience to add to your resume. Overall good experience at this location.
Nurse to patient ratio
RN - ICU/ER (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXApril 25, 2018
The facility staffs at a ratio of 7:1 or 8:1 on med/surg, and tele. ICU is usually 2:1 but with the nursing shortage, Knapp decides to create mandatory overtime and staff the ICU at a ratio of 3:1.
Pros
Cafeteria had good food.
Cons
Short lunches
love the people at DRMC
Emergency Room Technician/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXApril 23, 2018
I love working in the ER.I like the people I work with. I would still love to work at DRMC just moved far away because of family issues. They have great insurance, paid time off, sick pay, holiday pay,. they have a great retirement plan as well.
Pros
good insurance, supervisor willing to work with
Cons
driving far for me, long hours
Bad communication and old equipment
Nursing Externship (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 23, 2018
Md/nursing/administration communication needs work. Equipment is old. Staff less experienced or jaded. Will be able to get hospital exprience which is valuble. Workplace culture is ok.
Pros
Hospital experience
Cons
Bad hospital experience
Laboratory Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Garden City, MI 48135April 22, 2018
• Training • Policy and Process development
• Strategic Planning • Program Implementation
• International Management • Instructional design and facilitator
• Customer Service • Leading Teams
my work environment
Certified Nurse Aid CNA (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 20, 2018
typical day at work would be taking vital signs 3 times a day asst patients with ADLs asst nurses transfer patients chart on hourly rounding. the hardest part of the job is when we are short staff and when there is no team support. the most enjoyable part of the job would be meeting my patients and working with them getting to know who they are as people.
Case Management
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RI 02895April 20, 2018
Challenge to balance Utilization Review and Patient Discharge Planning. Training was forced and minimal in order to cover a holiday and weekend coverage. Collegial respect from physicians was a challenge. Tasks were hindered by old equipment and old practices.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prime Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

1.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight