Prime Inc Employee Reviews

OTR transport company.
OTR Flatbed Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 15, 2019
PRime is a semi-fair otr company. i believe they could pay there drivers 1 -3 cents more per mile but they have a really nice home base. They provide access to everything you need for your job, but let you buy all of them. they only provide the basics when you sign your lease operator agreement.
Decent place to get schooling
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 10, 2019
Would recommend Prime for schooling but not for long term. The mileage pay rate is better with other carriers . Home time is not very good and you have to stay out at least 30 days
Decent starter company, training program needs revamping
Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 7, 2019
Orientation is a cluster. 70-100 people come in every week. It’s a madhouse. Lots of chiefs on staff, not enough indians. The management can’t seem to all get on the same page.

CBT’s (computer-based training) the majority are an absolute waste of time and outdated. Useless waste of time, but it’s busy work and a good way for staff to see who slacks and who doesn’t.

PSD (Prime student driver) trainers have one job: get a CDL in your hand. Not much real world backing training, not a lot of tips given in terms of how to make the most out of the job/lifestyle. Lots of the ole “of the wheels are turnin, you’re not earnin” adage and not much else.

TNT phase requires you to go over the road for a minimum of 30,000 miles with a trainer. IF you are continuously learning new things about the job and getting better each day, this amount of miles makes sense. If you’re a slow learner, need extra help, aren’t all that great of a driver, running more miles with someone with more experience makes sense.

If you haven’t smashed anything after 10-15k miles, you wake up on time, do your job well, have a go-getter attitude and good work ethic, 30,000 miles doesn’t make sense (for you). Maybe it does financially for the company and trainer.

Your trainer will quickly see what kind of driver/worker you are, then chill in their bunk making sure you run at least 500 miles a day. Unless they have to, they won’t be driving the same amount of miles per day as you. If you are deemed to be competent, you’ll quickly turn into a wheel monkey.

If at all you don’t like your trainer, request
  more... a new one, then another if you have to until you feel good about the situation. The trainer will make or break you and sets the tone for the job. If they’re lazy, sloppy, mean, etc, and something you don’t think you’ll want to put up with for 7-10 weeks, change immediately.  less
Pros
Guaranteed pay
Cons
Training is a joke, management unorganized
I learned a lot about trucking while working for Prime
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 7, 2019
Prime is a good company overall to start at. They have one of the highest pay for new truck drivers just starting out. Got to learn a lot about trucking and seeing all the different parts of the country was fun.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of hometime
Lack of communication
CDL Class-A Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 4, 2019
Management doesn't communicate well with drivers regarding any changes made. Messages aren't being passed on in a timely manner, and confusion sets in.
Pros
great training company
Cons
no paid time off43
Family based company
Over the Road CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 2, 2019
Working for Prime was the highlight of my career . I would suggest to ANYONE want ing to train as a driver to give them a chance over all the other so-called training schools.
Pros
You see new places, meet interesting people and get paid for it
Cons
Away from home a long time
New prime inc.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 2, 2019
Decent pay. Average hometime. Pristine equipment. Compliant dispatch. Overall good company. They are meticulous with preventative maintenance and road assist procedures. Hometime is less than desirable however the pay can be a good motivator to stay Otr longer.
Pros
Pay. Equipment
Cons
Hometime
Great pay
Lease Operator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 28, 2019
Great pay here for lack of home time. Great place to start out trucking. They have an excellent student trainee program to get you started with no prior experience
Great pay, some shadiness.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 27, 2019
Primes a great company to work for. they pay well, run new equipment and never ask you to do illegal stuff as a driver. The bad is that they nickel and dime their drivers. You are required to buy equipment from Prime's Company store, mining camp style. They also charge w2 employees for regular maintenance of the vehicle illegally.
Pros
Steady work and good pay
Cons
Greed, and company pins everything on drivers.
News experience
Reach Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INMarch 23, 2019
Good place to work new experience to learning help to get certified on Reach Truck Operator and forklift Operator .be testing make sure you know how drove for security purpose safety environmental help learn new experience like how do it more better more quick the job can be than .
Work day
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 21, 2019
There is no typical work day when you are a truck driver. You have to go by DOT rules. Management tries to push you to go above and beyond, you live in a fast past line of work and times they dont give you the time you need to get from point a to b. the hardest part of the job is being away from home. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to see the great USA
Pros
seeing the country
Cons
your health, living on fast food, long hours
10 yrs with Prime and only left due to medical issues
Independent Contractor truck driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 21, 2019
I worked for Prime for well over 10 yrs and enjoyed every minute of it. If you want a job that’s 9-5 where you can stay home and keep watch over your wife or gf, then this isn’t the job for you. In 10 yrs only 2 occasions I didn’t get home ON THE DAY I wanted but got there the next day....no big deal. My fleet manager & I had a great working relationship. When I scratched his back, he scratched mine.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
N/a
fast paced
retail store sales associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 20, 2019
good place to work. lots of opportunity for growth. lots of jobs to choose from. always hiring people. lots of different departments. meet lots of people working there. day is good.
Its prime inc
Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 17, 2019
Lots of freight find a dispatcher you click with
Good ones will pre plan you
Its truck driving
I went through the schooling and old drivers with decades of experience aay I drive as good or better then then
Just don't do it
Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 16, 2019
I have worked for prime for 6 months and I am sick of the lies. It took them 2 months after my training for me to get my own truck. I get basically harassed if I ask for home time (I've only been home once in 6 months) I am a company driver, yet they still charged me 458 dollars off my check for truck repairs when I first got my truck. They have kept me in new york city. And when I'm not running the NYC they have me sitting here doing nothing.
Pros
You can get your cdl and start a career, good benefits
Cons
Just read my review
A great starter company.
Truck driver (Current Employee) –  MissouriMarch 13, 2019
Prime is a great company to start off with and has many benifits for your needs. Having no experience from day one they they gave me a great understanding of what the business is about and how to do it properly.
Pros
Company store, insurance, 401k
Cons
Time away from home
Good job good pay bad home time
OTR Truck Driver / CDL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 13, 2019
This is not a job for a family who wants to spend time together. If your a husband / wife or gf/bf or significant others you can ride together on the truck. If you have kids well you can basically kiss anytime with them goodbye! You get 1 day home for every week out. The pay is good and the management is amazing. They really do care about there drivers except for hometime. They are upfront about this though.
Pros
Pay / nice equipment / good management
Cons
Hometime is minimal to non - existent
its a place that will allow you to be comfortable in many ways
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 13, 2019
it was a grate place for a work place. they help keep money in your pocket. they have a good amount of activities to do while on the yards. if your lease or company you will still be on the road allot. they'll help you with anything over the road even cash advance. they hold your hand making everything easy for you.
Pros
200 a week till you start training than it go's up.
Cons
in the beginning a lot of stuff to get done in little time
Do your year and leave
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 12, 2019
There was only one decent person in I met my entire time there and he was my trainer that died next to me. They didn’t pay me for the load we on with wouldn’t have mattered if they hadn’t made me pay for the hotel I had to stay in. Company or lease the dispatchers will send you wherever it benifits them the most. Requested home time... they don’t care. The lady that in the orientation class is very rude also. Ask her a question and she’ll go ballistic
Pros
Potential for a lot of money. Training program will get you your cdl
Cons
Uncaring rude people mostly work there
You'll regret your decision
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 26, 2019
The company works by tricking new drivers with their "school". Used to, it was three months. Now they use video games to train their driver recruits most of the way. It's absolutely shameful how they'll so easily throw someone away and then send them a bill for something they never paid for or did. They stole around 3k from me, not recommended.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prime Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight