Prime Storage Group Employee Reviews

Loved it when i began my venture.....
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MENovember 14, 2018
To many new "directives " that weren't customer service friendly. I was literally told not to remind customers to pay there bill because late payments add to my bonus.this did not sit well with me. I am an advocate for the customer. I liked the company I work for before These directives became less and less viable so I left the group
Pros
Working alone i got a lot more done
Cons
New rules and less cur
Unprofessional area manager and district trainer
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 10, 2018
I enjoyed my job, my co workers and immediate bosses but if the area manager and trainer did not like you or you werent in their “click” then they will harass you, lie about you, and will nick pick everything you do with the hopes you will quit! You will never get considered for a promotion either . I suffered so much harassment I had to go on medication for panic attacks because of everything I went through. I put up with it because I needed my company owned apt. So did my best to please. It was never good enough and finally got fired and had to be out of my apt. Within 3 days!! Of course I ended up collecting unemployment because the firing was not anything I did wrong. The company never gives raises and as an assistant manager you work harder than the managers but only get 20-27% of the quarterly bonuses. The benefits were great though and so was the free apt! Just horrible area manager and trainer. The trainer smokes weed on the properties and it is Not legal in Virginia! She is a hyprocrite and talks ugly about everyone behind their back. Dont get on her bad side by knowing more than she does because she will turn on you and get other managers to as well. The backstabbing it horrible! So anyone wanting to work for this company in Virginia beware!
Pros
Benefits PTO
Cons
No raises ever, unprofessional trainer and deceitful area manager who talk poorly about upper management
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, GAOctober 25, 2018
Very fast pace job , every day is something different. I enjoy being able to work out on the property as well as doing the office work. I also enjoy having a personal relationship with my tenants.
Pros
Benefits, vacation time, flexiable schedule
Nothing positive to say
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New YorkOctober 23, 2018
Knowing what I know now I would never of worked here if you are considering it DON'T DO IT ! Full time workers like myself were promised insurance didn't recieve them for almost 1 year was told day of hire they were full time employees after 90 days when we were looking for health insurance we were told we were hired part time but they were being nice by giving us 40 hours after 9 month they said they now we're full time even though we had worked 40 hour week since day 1, but at that point we needed to work a additional 90 days for health benefits to kick in .
POOR MANAGEMENT POOR TRAINING !
Pros
Cons
Many
Have you ever heard of being bad for your own business
Facility manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn New YorkOctober 21, 2018
You got a bunch of basically racist people from upstate New York trying to run little things in the city and all while you working they're calling people slam and trashy and all this in the city and you live in the same neighborhood they calling people slum in
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
High turnover micromanaging racism
Wouldn’t suggest working there, wasn’t at all what I thought it was or would be
Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 12, 2018
I was offered the job by one of my long time guest at Chili’s and I was all for it. Until I started and the schedule was not what was discussed. The other assistant managers were not helpful; rude and not kind.
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
Everything.
Not for me.
Floating General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York StateAugust 1, 2018
The pay is minimal for the responsibility you carry. Understand that it is only YOU running a facility on several acres with 500-800 storage units, there are no coworkers. I also disliked spending hours a day calling delinquent customers, which I found to be depressing and embarrassing.
Pros
Decent hours, clean working conditions.
Cons
Half hour lunch, low pay scale. Boring work.
great job
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SC 29483June 22, 2018
fun job low stress, great customers, the only down side is you have a lot of down time with a new clean facility. I enjoy the marketing opportunity. fun fun
Pros
great benifits
Cons
Apply at your own risk!!
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  NYApril 8, 2018
Prime storage makes the most simple task stressful. Upper management is a joke. People never actually advance, friends of upper management are hired and given big job titles. The big corporate people will not treat you like a person. They speak to you however they please, and are simply rude. Too many secrets and I mean dirty secrets. This is not a great company at all. I left in 2017 due to poor management. On slow season, you will be blamed for people not renting units.
Cons
All talk but no action company! Beware!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lightfoot, Williamsburg, VA.March 26, 2018
No room for advancement whatsoever.Upper management hire other family members and friends with no experience in the industry and give them big job titles and more money then these new hires end up coming to your location to learn the basic software & procedures to show & lease a storage unit. Also they take top producing store managers and ask for your input on how to sell more tenant insurance or packing supplies and you receive no recognition from the company much less a thank you. Extremely Poor Area/ Regional Managers & trainers that think they truly know it all when they bad mouth all there own store managers behind there back! Cut throat Area/ Regional managers that are on a power trip.Company is mainly a Acquisitions company meaning they buys smaller storage companies and there mind frame is everyone is dispensable! Very unconcerned about customer relations or newly acquired employees.
Upper Managers like to pass on extra work to store level managers and then act they did the work.The most dishonest and back stabbing upper management I've ever encountered and I always thought the owners couldn't possibly be aware of the unprofessional and dishonest behavior from there upper managers because how badly this will hurt the owners/investors in all there future business.The only company I ever resigned from in my 39 years of work history.
Pros
Tenants, Customer relations, HR at Corp.nice
Cons
Poor Area/ Regional Managers, Cut throat, Dishonest
Love the job so far
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  GAMarch 26, 2018
I was hired on the spot. The GA team has been great and the training even from afar has been good. I enjoy the job the other staff and the management. Pay is better then other storage places I’ve worked for. So far so good.
Pros
Flexible schedules for part time. Good pay and Great managers who communicate well.
Cons
Lack of a maintenance attendant, slow approval for big jobs.
Would not recommend
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg officeMarch 4, 2018
Micro managing at its finest. Prime is what is wrong with corporate companies. The harrisburg office hires based on nepotism. All corporate positions are hired on a friend to friend basis. They recycle workers. Broken promises, poor management. They also manage from out of state via Skype. The company used to be called Capital Self Storage, Prime bought it and gutted everything that was good about the business and the customers could tell. Pay is low based on the fact that you generate atleast $48k a month for them. High school environment with alot of behind the back stuff, may sound harsh but this is the truth....
Pros
The customers and work alone unless management is there
Cons
Management and having to sell peoples property
Just another number in the system, high school drama
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VASeptember 25, 2017
If you want to work for a company where it is like high school again at your store apply here. This company micro-manages their employees if you like that kinda stuff this is the company for you. Watch the mistakes you make cause they watch you like a hawk especially if you get the pleasure of working in Glen Allen or Ashland sites. The pay is okay for the amount of work you do but expect them to take almost three dollars out a hour. So if your making 12 a hr your actually only seeing about 9 of that on your check for each hr you worked. During off season August-march be prepared to only see about 20-29 hrs a week even if they state you are full time 29 hrs is them considering you full time. The job title might say assistant Manger but your really just a assistant and treated like it.
Pros
Get to do what you want.
Cons
Work environment, drama, micro-management, hrs in off season
Poor management and even worse business standards
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MESeptember 6, 2017
Poor environment all around. No training and what they do offer for training is a joke. The worst management I've ever had the pleasure to work for. And they refused to pay, it was always a fight to get money owed for travel or over time etc. Prime storage is the definition of a corporate nightmare.
Pros
Did whatever i wanted
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prime Storage Group. Our community is ready to answer.

1.9