Prime Therapeutics Employee Reviews

Avoid like the plague!
Private (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 19, 2019
Awful culture and “raises” don’t even come close to COLA rate! They will try to get you to think you’ll get a decent bonus, but NO ONE gets the full percentage. Mass exodus each year after payout. Management is awful and culture is sad. Very siloed organization. No one knows what anyone else is doing so duplication and inefficient processes are everywhere! Company is frightened of change! Don’t get trapped and “Primeatized”.
Pros
End of shift
Cons
Everything else
Do not work here
Pharmacy Benefits Manager (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXMarch 16, 2019
The Denison location is a joke! Team leads are great! Site director is a joke. You get pointed even if you show you have been to a doctor for a illness or even if you show up to work and have to leave. The site director will do whatever it takes to get rid of you then lie about why you were let go.
Employee satisfaction
SR. PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNMarch 13, 2019
Prime has recently needed to make cuts laying off employees and contractors. This leave employees at Prime with uncertainty with job security. Communication of why left employees puzzled.
not some place i would send my freinds
Specialty Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 7, 2019
this is an ok place to wet your feet then get out they have they're favorites and then the rest of the workers. I was not a favorite. If you ask the favorites they will say otherwise.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
favoritism and too many manditory overtime hours
I hated working at Prime
Clinical review (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 26, 2019
Prime was the worst job I have ever had. They forced my team to work mandatory 11 hour days/6 days a week for months. Management was awful... I lasted for almost 2 years before I couldn't take it anymore. I literally prayed everyday to be hit by a car in the parking lot so that I could go home. They hang the promise of an awesome bonus over you like a carrot all year and then screw you when it is time to collect. I made sure to tell HR all of the things that made Prime awful at my exit interview...I then got a call from HR a year later asking if I wanted to work there again...I guess that shows how much they listen or care...I laughed at that woman, NEVER again.
Pros
N/a
I would not recommend this place to anyone AT ALL
Clinical Review Technician (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 25, 2019
management is really poor here. they dont care about their employees and they treat contractors like they're just a joke. One of the manager who presented the OT peak season presentation during Jan 2019 laughed at a contractor when they asked about their chances of getting hired on. She laughed and couldn't even answer the contractor's question. I lost a lot of respect for them ever since that incident especially towards her. management only cares about their time and the money that they get. they dont care about employee's time and always tell them about required OT at the very last minute. They need to understand that employees have a life outside of work just as they do. Supervisors there never get back to you when they always say they will. They need to work on being better supervisors.Leads are also really bad at their job. They take forever to respond to questions even when they're clearly just walking around. Overall, staff here is pretty rude and uptight. You have to kiss managements a** if you want something. I would never work at Prime again even if they pay pay me to come back.
Pros
no pros at all
Cons
poor management, time management, etc
Level of culture went down
Insurance Verification Specialist Advanced Therapy (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 6, 2019
Level of culture went down since company has merged. Now that it is a new company a lot has changed and you are no longer viewed as a person but rather a number. Overstaffed and service for patients are still very poor.Google review is at a 2.0.
benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Worst place to work for
Member Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 30, 2019
This was the worst year of my life. Management had no clue as to what they were doing. No concern is given to employees if there are any family emergencies. You are give unattainable goals with no support from management in any form.
Pros
High pay
Cons
Everything from the minute you walk in the door
Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 28, 2019
Poor leadership. Unorganized company that is every changing and does not value their staff. Very cliquish if you will. HR only supports certain employees and not all.
productive
Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 28, 2019
• Actively listen to customer needs and demonstrate empathy.
• Maintain call quality goals (i.e. greeting, presentation, closing, etc.)
• Outbound business to business telephone calls.
• Maintain positive attitude.
• First call resolution creating the ideal customer experience on every call.
• Received several supervisor compliment calls noted in “NICE” system
• Take ownership of every call and situation until member’s needs are met
• Go the extra mile on every call
• Take care of each situation as if I had the issue and needed help
• Learning and growing as an agent each and every day
Ok place to work
Patient Retention Spec. Assoc.Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 25, 2019
Management wasnt accepting of alternative lifestyle. If your boss doesnt like you then you are finished. If someone tells you that boss is "difficult" that means they are a nightmare.
Pros
Adhere to a schedule
Cons
KIf you dont fit in - you'e out
Good Company
Senior Quality Improvement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 22, 2019
Great company, room for advancement, nice work life balance. The benefits were what to be expected, nothing too special. Focus on employees and try to make work fun.
Hiph pace, demanding, multiple deadlines hourly, daily, monthly, and yearly
Clinical Review Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 8, 2019
Typical work day includes multiple tasks and the ability to move from one task to the next quickly. High standards of accuracy expected in work performed. Must have the ability to work independently and as a team to meet client needs and deadlines. Those that are successful have the ability to analyze, gather, collect, be proactive, and ability to use resources to complete work. Many changes at any given time, changes needed to improve may take a while to implement but the friendly workplace culture makes the high stress of the job all the difference.
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
Long hours and lots overtime with little notice needed
Leadership
Business Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 19, 2018
The business is sound but really depends on if the proper management is capable and equipped to delegate the tasks at hand with good character.
The rules and regulations are clearly explained to non salary. But not always enforced on higher ups.
Pros
free lunch on occasions
Cons
Nepotism
Management is completely detached
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 5, 2018
The people running this company have no idea what their employees are doing on a daily basis. They only show up or contribute anything when there is a crisis. Otherwise, you never see them.
Okay
Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNDecember 4, 2018
Prime is a good place to work at but they can be very strict the way they handle their most issues. They have no set of privacy and will confront you about your mistakes in front of your coworkers. I didn't have any bad experience but the workload and pressure was a lot to handle.
Stressful, Unappreciated, Mangement is awful
Clinical Review Cpht (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 1, 2018
Mangement they physically don’t know how the work is done. Its stressful, mentally draining and frustrating, My coworkers and I have become depressed ,anxiety has increased , stressed out and don’t feel appreciated, valued. During town hall meetings everyone is just to themselves and feels like it some waste of time, questions get ignored or don’t ever have an answer. That some people have been thru thick and thin with this company and they can just toss us like we were nothing. Favoritism plays big role here if he/she likes you he/she will do what you ask but if he doesn’t he/she will ignore you or no response back at all. Also the Training we received compared to the new people is totally unfair! Company should’ve hired people when all first converted from over from lotus to CMM. Companys hires people with no Pharmacy experience nor the knowledge , overtime leads to under staffed , good employees are drained mentally and physically. When will employers learn that turnover means continually training which cost much more than hiring enough staff to make the wheels turn efficiently and everyone is happy. Also providing accurate training instead throwing us staff with only 4 hours of training and expect to know every client and be able to make rates. I would not recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
People become like family
Cons
Short breaks, Mangement
great company with flexible hours and work at home opportunities
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 30, 2018
A large mail order pharmacy with many different areas to work in, rotations through all the work areas allow for cross training, the work at home program was a great addition
Pros
flexible schedule, great co-workers
medical benefits
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 24, 2018
I worked there for almost a year and had to leave due to medical reasons. Its an awesome competitive and team goal oriented but it can be a lot at times.
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
Caring for members
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 22, 2018
Working at Prime was a very fast paced environment. It was a heavy call que. We has to insure that our members were getting the medications they needed for maintnance in a quickly manner and to make sure they were educated by a pharmacy tech for any additional questions they had pertaining to their medications

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prime Therapeutics. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss