Prime Therapeutics Employee Reviews

typical day
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 26, 2018
This job was just your typical job. You work to survive. There was nothing spectacular, work was work. You come and you go. There was no real opportunity for advancement but the job security is ok.
Impossible Demands
Clinical Review Data-Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJuly 24, 2018
I have mixed feelings about working for Prime. There were some really good perks, and some really bad things as well.

Pros- Overtime pay, mentors were friendly, snack bar in the lunch room, upper management stayed out of your face, work from home was being developed, IT was responsive and helpful.

Cons- Plan on 45-50 hour work weeks, Prime is sorely understaffed with no plans to resolve the issue, Quotas are impossible to meet, they expect perfection, and fast perfection - not allowed to double check your work, its slows you down. Supervisors are antisocial power hungry monsters with vengeful and toxic attitudes, you will be sacrificed for their career advancement, while they chit chat at their desks. When I started, I told them I had a medical need to leave my desk, and was told it wouldn't be a problem. 9 weeks into the job, I was told on my way home that my contract was being dropped due to production goals.
Pros
Cons
Mandatory OT, managment toxicity, Supervisor power mongering, Impossible production goals, poor training
Really a great company to work for
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 23, 2018
All in all Prime was a great company to work for. I received yearly bonuses and annual merit increases. Rates were really even and fair for all ques of work.
Pros
Nice and friendly work environment
Good company to work
SAS/SQL Programmer (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 16, 2018
you will love working in this company people are so friendly.Most of the projects are not agile. We had code reviews and defects reviews and weekly status meetings.
Just a Number
Pharmacy Technicican (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 15, 2018
Management believes you are easily replaceable. Advancement is all about who you know and the workplace culture is alright. Turnover is very high. Ever since Walgreens took over the culture has changed.
So disappointed
Senior Analyst, Incident Management (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 13, 2018
I honest don't have much of anything nice to say...mom always said keep your mouth shut... so I better.

Honestly - so sad I left my job at LTCG to work at such a mess of a place!
Pros
Company does nice things for organizations, encourages participation.
Cons
IT fire-fighting organization
Pbm
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 9, 2018
The culture at Prime was pretty hectic, however, it was growing and changing back and forth. When I was there they had 3 CEOs within a period of 5 years.
Go Else where
Over worked ex employee (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 25, 2018
There are better places to work. Management wanted high employee engagement and thought pot lucks and ice cream will do the trick. Management is not trust worthy
benefits
Cons
management
Opportunities
analyst (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 20, 2018
Prime is a fast based culture that provides a variety of opportunities to it's employees. The employees of Prime are what makes it so great. Very collaborative!
Cubicle Data Entry
Core staff (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 18, 2018
A typical day was show up, start entering data on computers, eat lunch, entering data, very short breaks and go home. The environment was cubicles, dark and no interaction with people.
Pros
Work on your own
Cons
Short Breaks
Fun work place
PACKER (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 8, 2018
This job was an easy going job that didn't require that much knowledge of how to perform the job because they train you on everything. The management was okay.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short brakes some times
definitely a learning experience
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 29, 2018
I worked through a staffing agency so it was very difficult to know what your expectations were at first. Could have let us know in advance that our contract was to end being that they let us know when it was being extended.
Pros
Learned a lot about Medicare and CMS guidelines
Cons
Not knowing when the contract ended put me in a bad posistion
Summary of working at Prime Therapeutics
Pharmacy Services Advocate (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXMay 14, 2018
It was a fun place to work.
I did very well at my job there because I am a licensed pharmacy technician and all of the phone calls that I took were from pharmacies needing help and I understood how to help, very well.
My boss was excellent and very nice.
Pros
Free lunches, overtime
Cons
short lunch break, short breaks, no raises, high insurance premiums with a very high deductible
N/a
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 7, 2018
I had no problem working there, there was no room for growth. And I would like to grow within a company, that is a long term goal for me and my life!!
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Breaks
No employee development, cutthroat
quality audit specialist (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 3, 2018
Prime Therapeutics practices the hiring of large cohorts ("contractors") of fresh, young grads for AIS/QAS positions. I witnessed a large number of them, over half, get laid off before training is even completed. This was done in preparation for "peak season", and even more employees were laid off before the season was completed. They only keep a few people from each cohort, you'll have to be extremely competitive to have a chance of sticking around. Management likes to put each employee into a square hole by iterating their "5 words" at every monthly/weekly employee review, and whether or not you're meeting them. Its not an environment conducive to employee development whatsoever.
I loved my Job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 21, 2018
Enjoyed the job I did at Prime. I also like the people they were very nice. I did not like my boss. He was not nice to me and told lies about me. I was contracted so I had to leave after 6 months but enjoyed the job I did there allot.
Pros
Free lunches, good pay
Cons
Hard to get hired on
fast paced
Tech Clinical Operations (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 18, 2018
very fast paced. management is just interested in meeting numbers. employees are not motivated to meet number no ongoing training. upper management do not provide help to employees to get the numbers neede
Decent company
Sr. Data, Metrics and Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 16, 2018
Overall a good company to work for. They are growing and developing. Sometimes it seems a bit overwhelming, but I enjoy my job. Pleanty of time off and good 401K match.
The merger
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 7, 2018
The merger was a disappointment and causing the company customer service to decline. Disorganization with the new merger and not listening to your employees concerning problems with systems,
Pros
Benefits;Good environment;Great location
Cons
Management with Merger;Policy with Attendance
Immediate supervisor sucked
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 5, 2018
With 2 years retail they jumped into a job that was way over their head. They took it out on the staff especially the BS pharmacist. I could go on and but it is a part of my life that is behind me now, I loved my job dearly and enjoyed my patients. But management took my joy of the job away. Too many figures they did not even know there employees, we were only statistics on a graph and someone always had to be on bottom of the bell. to bad. When I started work there it was a company that was going to do the PBM differently. I miss that attitude. I felt as if I had a steak bone in my pocket and the dog pound was always chasing me.
Pros
good PTO
Cons
You could never use all of your vacation and they would not pay you for it!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prime Therapeutics. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight