PrimeCare Medical Inc. Employee Reviews

It is a fast paced professional work environment.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Hempstead, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Primecare is your typical home health agency. Many caregivers along with nurses are employed here. The management is very professional and tends to the needs of employees.
Pros
Meals during meetings.
Cons
Low salary
Good experience, corporate was horrible
LPN (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 23, 2018
I loved working in corrections! This company, however, was horrendous! My license was in jeopardy every day, the HSA was unprofessional, did not do her job, and did not own up to her errors. When you went to corporate, you were told to basically deal with it or you could leave.
I would think long and hard before accepting a position with PrimeCare.
Pros
Wonderful learning experience
Cons
Benefits, Hsa, Regional Manager
It was very interesting working in a prison envirnment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 1, 2018
The management definitely needs an overhaul but the staff in the medical department and the correctional officers made it a comfortable place to work. I never once felt like I was in jeopardy.
Getting better
RN (Current Employee) –  La Plata, MDJuly 18, 2018
This location who previously had lacked solid leadership now has management who are taking control of the issues and making major changes for the better. Staffing has improved greatly and more individuals are being hired to eliminate the previous concerns of staffing. Schedules are presently 8-hour shifts but the new management is looking into possibly converting to 12-hour shifts in the near future. The current team on board is strong and accountable for their work, which previously had been an issue. Now that weak team members have been weeded out, the employees at this location are much happier to come to work each day. Typical shifts include monitoring inmates for detox symptoms, vital signs, passing medications and doing medical intake screenings on new detainees. Since inmates can only be brought to the medical department one at a time, the pace is slower than most but requires good time management skills and the ability to prioritize care so you do not get behind. I find that to be the most difficult part of the job, as we cannot do our part if the correctional officers are not on board. Communication of expectations for standards of care between the medical staff and correctional officers can sometimes be a struggle since most of them lack the medical background we have and we are not able to always let them know why we are moving inmates and such due to HIPPA. The most enjoyable part of the job is the reduced stress in this environment compared to that which you experience in a hospital or nursing home.
Pros
Good pay, average benefits, ability to work overtime
Cons
Teamwork is still a work in progress, your time management relies on COs
Loved it at the Juvenile Facility!!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Dunbar, WVJuly 5, 2018
Worked with the juveniles at the detention center. It was a great job and the kids for the most part are a pleasure to work with. Great team work at the facility between the nurses and correctional staff. Loved it there!
Pros
Kids, staff, all around great job.
Primecare medical
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, WVJune 23, 2018
Money is good, bonuses available. Environment is hectic, sometimes expected to do more than your job requirements. High turn over rate, and inmates make it a very stressful work environment.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Stressful work place
Workplace Culture
DIRECTOR OF NURSING (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 9, 2018
There are lots of expectations with poor training. There needs to be more training available from management down to shift workers. Employee retention is always an issue secondary to poor culture. The salary is adequate, but its not enough to keep people in the job.
Pros
salary
Cons
expectation
Challenging Work Environment
Mental Health Clinician (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PA 17109May 24, 2018
Working for PrimeCare Medical, Inc has been a rewarding experience for me. I enjoy working independently at my facility, knowing that I have reliable supervisors just a phone call away. My days are challenging, but rewarding, and never the same.
PrimeCare is a wonderful company to work for. I have only positive things to say about the staff I work with and administration at the corporate office.
Pros
Supportive Administration, Competitive Pay, Independent Work Environment
wonderful company to work for!
LPN HSA (Health Service Adminstrator) (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 3, 2018
I have been with PrimeCare Medical for almost 18months. The company has good correspondence. whenever I have a question, there are multiple avenues for answers. Corporate Management are easily approachable and knowledgeable. My regional manager is fair and consistent with answering any questions I may have. the benefits and salary are highly competitive. I would recommend this company to anyone! Come work with PrimeCare Medical and see for yourself, don't take my word for it!
Pros
autonomy, good pay, management well organized
Cons
honestly can not come up with one!
Interesting workplace that needs many good people working for them
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sutton, WVApril 27, 2018
Good for a single person not for family. has good hours normally takes what days you need off in advance when making schedule. ALOT of drama. Mostly pretty good to work at.
Stay Away
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAApril 14, 2018
Management is a joke. The culture is full of negativity and the low morale is a direct side effect of the poor management. They don't care about their employees, they play favorites and target certain people. There's absolutely no tact or professionalism displayed by these walking punch lines. You are constantly getting dumped on, rules are always getting changed without alerting the staff. Management acts like they're better than everyone and belittles their staff. The only decent part is the pay. But even that isn't enough to retain staff. The overturn rate is atrocious and it's for a good reason. This place is toxic.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Toxic environment, management is unprofessional.
Co-workers are great. Very much like family.
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, WVApril 3, 2018
Just like every other care setting...Not enough people to do the work! Co-workers are great. Very family oriented. I very much enjoy working in corrections. The variety of tasks is a plus. I never know what I might be doing next.
Pros
The staff is great
Cons
Not enough staff
prime care
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PA 17109March 3, 2018
I worked at this company for approximately 10 yrs. It was a great place go gain experience in the medical field. I was exposed to different types of situations.
working in a jail
DIRECTOR OF NURSING (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 5, 2018
If working in a jail sounds exciting, Correctional nursing is for you.
There is alot of variety with the patients you encounter. From detox to mental health, there is never a dull moment.
Make the best of it.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 11, 2018
I enjoyed working in the corrections settings a lot. Unfortunately though you get managers that start playing games, favorites and other nurses being catty and playing games. They find reasons to "pick" on certain staff. If your not in with their "click" you will be shunned and pushed out.
The workload was overwhelming and impossible at times but expected to be completed. The security staff were far more pleasant and cooperative than the medical staff.
Pros
Forever a different changing environment
Cons
Staff, managers and clicks
Productive, efficient, and must have tough skin
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 6, 2018
A typical day at the prison would start by getting all of the medical observation vitals, and reporting any abnormalities. If I was sent to admissions I would complete intakes on patients coming in to the prison complete vitals, medical history, and TB test. The stress level was high due to the environment. I was assaulted twice by inmates, I endured a lot working there, but I also met a lot of amazing people, people whom I am still friends with. I learned many skills advanced my education, made the realization that there is more outside of these walls.
Pros
Free lunch, good friends, a lot of experience, I was given opporitunities to perform many tasks with the providers.
Cons
prison, inmates, disrespect, name calling, stressful
Fun, but stressful
Staff (Current Employee) –  PADecember 13, 2017
Its a fun job. My coworkers are nice. COs are helpful. However if you decide to report a med error, you'll be fired. They'd rather sweep them under the rug for their "favorites" though. That makes for an unsafe environment when you're just trying to do your job. I'd like to keep doing this until I retire.
Not a good career choice.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Barboursville, WVDecember 8, 2017
Good manager. Corporate is the issue at this facility. Inmates can say whatever they want to you. Due to low staff in the facility , nursing and correction officers it is very unsafe.
Cons
Mostly everything.
Very productive and rewardign experience
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 7, 2017
This is an incredibly rewarding career and you can make a difference in the lives of others. I can honestly say that I enjoy coming to work everyday.
Stay away
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaDecember 3, 2017
Only value prn staff, full time employees are abused. Don't receive lunch breaks, understaffed. Inexperienced management, too much of the buddy system.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PrimeCare Medical Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6