PrimeFlight Aviation

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Payment is the only Pro

Working conditions were terrible. I work in an area with poor ventilation lacking lighting, heating or cooling. Management plays too many games and is trust worthy, leading to a high turnover rate. As a mechanic you should expect no training, working directly from the floor at the same time working understaffed in a fast pace environment not receiving the support of management and the contract holder undermining their contractual obligations. The pressures of exceeding daily quotas was troubling while the shop was running at less that half of its man power and at the same time attending daily meetings and attendance of corporate liability classes and the company obtaining more work assignments.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Stated! Dysfunctional across the board

Only care about getting the job done at any expense no matter the situation

Over work and underpaid. It was fun as enjoyable at first but as time went by it became more and more stressful so it made coming too work not fun anymore

Ok workplace and different types of coworkers and atmosphere

So firstly I'll start with the positives. You do get some benefits for example as 401k, PTO, and Healthcare insurance. However the pay isn't something you can survive on even though it's a part time job. The work you have to do isn't worth what you're getting paid and it's very and I mean VERY frowned upon when you take your 30 minute break on shift which they take out of your paycheck each week. Would I recommend someone to work for this company? Absolutely not. There's millions of different jobs and companies too work for vs this one.

Pros

Healthcare, 401K, and PTO

Cons

Lunch breaks, pay, work environment, management, and work load

This company is soul crushing

NO WORK Life BALANCE. This company does not care about employees. This company bought the contract and can't keep management let alone employees. If you value your time don't work here.

Horrible

Terrible company to work for, they don’t care about their employees and definitely don’t care about the safety of anyone. They would rather someone die if it means they have their aircrafts out on time. They play favorites and if you’re not family, you won’t be treated fairly.

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Fun work space, but disrespectful/poor management and employees..

Disrespectful staffing, management makes you get a doctors note when injured and they refuse to let you go home early to recover from the pain.. but fun place to work overall..

Pros

Fun work space, nice work out like job..

Cons

Not long enough lunch breaks, poor management, disrespectful employees..

Prime fight

If you don’t mind selling your soul. It’s a great place to work. They don’t ever give you the back pay. They don’t pay you right when you get hurt. They don’t take safety seriously. What else could you need to know?

Pros

Fights every week

Cons

Fights every week

Nothing worst company I have ever been at.

This was the worst place I have ever worked at. They are a fly by night company and expect to spend a penny and make a buck. They have zero leader ship from upper management, no organization, no communication, zero streamline , and absolutely no training at all. They expect everyone to already know what to do and how to do it. There pay is all over and no where near what anyone should make . Just a sorry company I would not way you’re time.

Pros

You get to work at the airport

Cons

Any and everything you can think of

Challenging but rewarding

Many people do not understand leaderships role within this job thus leading to strife in the workplace. Physical activity is required typically in short busrts depending on your shift.

Pros

Flight benefits, leadership experience.

Cons

Working rain or shine, shifts often run late.

It’s not a at home job

We worked for Fed Ex. We had to santize they simulators . All the button that they touch pull they trash. Sometime they let us ride around the world. Still been in the building . I love that job.

Pros

Loving my job

Cons

Got laid off

Different

its cleaning airplanes , the seat area and the washrooms, I quite after 6 months it wasn't for me working in the rain and outside heat. Its more for a younger group of people

Pros

Cons

you have to work out of a van for 4-8 hours

I really cannot recalled but it was toxic and duties unclear.

Everyone's experience is different, so I would not say what I experience anyone else will. I hope the culture changes for the better and those whom work for it.

Pros

Not free

Cons

Unpaid break

Poor managment , racist people bullying people

I dont recommended this company very poor managment

Unproductive and unprofessional

Simply put..don't work there. They do not pay enough to give up your life. There aren't good enough benefits. They favor others that will do the wrong things.

Most weekends off, you work independently .

Most weekends off, predictable work schedule . It started out as an enjoyable job. However as time progressed , it became apparent that most of the customers equipment ; WFS and UPS is dated and constantly breaking down during package loading operations. You are also expected to “flag” 8 hours of work per day which is rather challenging especially on night shift DURING operations . Additionally , the main customer PrimeFlight services which is UPS , can be rather difficult to work with in regards to getting work approved and scrutinizing work orders . PrimeFlight is not a bad company to work for as a GSE Mechanic . However , be forewarned that you must flag 8 hours per day and this is a task in itself as management does NOT always assign work to you. You , the technician are expected to find work to justify your 8 hour work day , in addition to the UPS Maintenance Fleet Supervisor rejecting your work orders because charging time for a hydraulic leak cleanup isn’t justifiable time. In conclusion , this is what you can expect in a night’s work at PrimeFlight in San Antonio , Texas.

Pros

Predictable, consistent work schedule

Cons

Finding 8 hours of justifiable work during shift

Challenging

It’s challenging during the summer , but overall the Manager is understanding , the pay is good. The associates that i worked with always kept a smile on my face.

Pros

Pay, Associates

Cons

Heat

Poor management

I work at prime flight and the Managers don’t care about your health. They expect you to come on your sick days and work. Managers are rude and unfair to most coworkers.

Pros

Tips are great

Cons

No benefits, no flexible schedule, and no great communication.

Fun Workplace

I worked for two and a half years and they were like family. Of course, not all of them, but we solved our problems in the meetings. I do not continue because I moved to another state.

Pros

Free Holiday lunches

Cons

Short Breaks

Great opportunity to get to work on the airport.

It is a great option to start working on the airport environment. You’ll get to know airlines metrics quickly but get yourself an opportunity to start looking for better airlines to apply. No benefits at all - SJU station really needs a better Human resource and also needs the leadership to be trained and oriented on how to address employees. There’s a lot of employees quitting. Not retaining great employees at all.

Pros

Airport knowledge

Cons

Split shifts

Exciting

The people that works with me keep me motivated , I look forward to coming in to help my coworkers just as much as they help me when I’m at work ; supervisor are willing to work with you to help

Fun, happiness, friendly, excellent

Pay is not enough? What? Primeflight is not good? Why because you guys were time off request, or call out too much! This why Primeflight pay is not enough for you when you call out so much or time off request so muchI wanna say Primeflight is good, pay is good, its just Depending on you guys not Depending on company payroll or pay hourly an weekly Primeflight has lots of change, now we have lunch break, 15 minutes break Depending on how many aircraft we have especially Deep clean, before 3 years ago we don't have lunch break yet since I got hired now we can have lunch break and everyone have to lunch break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PrimeFlight Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
4.0Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight