Primerica Employee Reviews

Found 2,605 reviews matching the search See all 2,820 reviews
Unconventional
Field Agent (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 16, 2019
Comission based after passing classes and tests to get licenses also $20 per month fee for access to their website and study tools, $99 startup fee, no real training; targets your friends and family for business
Pros
Learn valuable info
Cons
Must pay and take 32 hour classes to even attempt to make money
Stressful, Early mornings, poor management
Policy Change Representative 1 (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 16, 2019
A typical day is sitting at a computer for 8 hours making sure that you reach your goal production for that day. There is little to no flexibility within this department. They don't even want you to talk to your neighbor because it takes away from production. The mood and moral in the office is very poor and no one wants to come to work everyday, not even management.
Pros
occasional fun activities
Cons
healthcare, short breaks, Saturday overtime, no flexibility, low pay
Wonderful experience and great people
Representative (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 15, 2019
Primerica has been the best thing that’s happened to our family. We needed extra cash and the opportunity we got with Primerica did just that. Everyone that we’ve met in Primerica have been helpful and encouraging. I love this company and will continue to work with them on the side. Maybe eventually full time
productive
Financial Services Planner (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 15, 2019
loved primerica will go back soon. came in to primerica set a daily of how many appointments i will set. they always encourage in the best way. did meeting on how to talk to people.
Pros
the more you go out to talk the more people you know
Cons
always got ten no before a yes
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 14, 2019
Trained to become a customer sales representative and able to compete with employees and others outside of Louisiana. Fun and competitive competitions with competitive.
Need to invest a lot of time if you want any results...
District Leader (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Great job for someone who doesn't need money immediately, as you will be required to pass multiple state examinations to start making any substantial money. Had a great team backing me the whole time but if you're not keen on talking to people, I would recommend looking elsewhere as this is a strictly referral/commission based company.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Takes too long to start making money
Not for everyone.
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 13, 2019
You are self employed. Your your own boss. You work of commission. You make your own hours. You can come in when ever you feel like it. The people are great they are the best thing about Primerica.
Productive work place
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Malden, MAJanuary 12, 2019
Organized environment with good management. The work was easy and straight forward. The company like to promote from with in and help their employees climb the corporate ladder.
Pros
Job growth
Cons
Fast paced
Professional, Talented Workers
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 10, 2019
Dear to whom it may concern,

Primerica was a good & professional experience for me.
the Sales Position Taught me how to be Professional in a Professional working Environment.
fun working place
Junior Broker (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 9, 2019
The energy that everyone in the company shares is unrealistic. Everyone is so positive and energetic. Never had an experience like this, turned my life around completely.
Productive work place
Life Insurance Agent/ assistant (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAJanuary 8, 2019
the most enjoyable thing about this job is you have control over how much you make, the financial education, it has such a great community and you are always surrounded by people who want to help you.
Pros
your own boss
Cons
Great environment to work in with uplifting people.
Operations Analyst Intern - Securities Operations (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2019
Great environment to work in with uplifting people. The department I was working with was going through a transition and I felt that I helped with that and overall had a great experience.
Good environment
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 8, 2019
Sales and enthusiastic environment, really good income potential, only for dedicated people and hard workers, excellent products, and very good managers
Divertida simpática y carismática
Vendedora Independiente (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2019
Es una empresa muy buena y muy amigable me gusta mucho por que además es independiente
Pros
Primerica
Cons
Si avía descanso
productive and allows you to move forward as a career
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILJanuary 7, 2019
I am self employed so I choose when I want to work which allows me to be flexible with my time. I learned about the company's products such as the insurance. I got licensed to sell investment products and there is still a lot for me to learn. I enjoy the workplace culture because you are surrounded with diversity and can form good relationships with people with similar goals as you. The hardest part of this job would be reaching out to people and setting appointments. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the company trips (Hawaii and Miami). Also, having freedom by working for yourself.
Pros
company trips, bonuses, time flexibility, promotions
Overall good place
Insurance Broker (Current Employee) –  Round Lake, ILJanuary 7, 2019
Good place for social and ambitious people looking to make good money, requires good social skills and sales skills. If you get stuck someone is always there to help you.
Unsecure
LIFE INSURANCE SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJanuary 7, 2019
Have to use family and friends as leads. NO base salary. Can easily get burnt out by having to find leads if you're not experienced in the business or do not have any client base.
Productive, great work place
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 6, 2019
Great work place, also always motivating each other to do greater and bigger things, setting goals for the week or month. Best part about Primerica is getting paid every week and getting bonuses.
A great place to begin a career in insuranc
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston,TexasJanuary 5, 2019
I really enjoyed working with Primerica. I learned a lot about insurance and working with clients. I also learned a lot about running an insurance company and building professional relationships. i ALSO LEARNED MANAGEMENT SKILLS AND TEAM-BUILDING SKILLS. THE MOTIVATION AT THE COMPANY IS VERY HIGH AND THE LEADERS WANT EVERYONE TO SUCCEED. The company provide excellent training for their agents and management.
Great
agent (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 4, 2019
I like working for Primerica. It allows me to work at my own pace on my own schedule since it is considered self employment. Hard work eventually pays off. I get excited about helping families.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primerica. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
51.5K

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight