Primerica Employee Reviews

51.3K
Found 2,159 reviews matching the search See all 2,356 reviews
Recruit, Recruit, Recruit
Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 16, 2018
Primerica believes in "Buy Term and Invest the Difference". They primarily gain clients through recruiting new agents and developing those agents.

I learned a lot there, especially about self-development. It gave me a good foundation for future success elsewhere
Productive and fun place to work
Financial analyst (Former Employee) –  Bayamón, PRJuly 15, 2018
Productive and fun place to work. you go places meet new people. work you own hours, every meeting also work as motivation session, the hardest part is find people who want to by your products.
Pros
you work you own hours
Cons
they paid by comision
great place to work
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 14, 2018
The typical work day is getting up and checking emails, following up with clients as well as reps, making phone calls, setting appointments and lastly running and closing appointments
ok job
Maryland United States Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 13, 2018
this is a commission base ob. no sales non pay, its that simple . if your a great sales person great opportunity for you to get into. great ways to make some part time money.
My Primerica Reality
Personal Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, MOJuly 13, 2018
I worked for Primerica for 3 years. It was a great company and environment allows for a lot of growth, quickly, but only for those who are dedicated. When I say dedication I mean it has to be a passion and your business a part of your lifestyle, that is truly the only way to be successful in the company. Other than that there are alot of part time people that make great money working for Primerica. I would highly encourage any person from any background to give it a try part time, you have nothing to lose and if anything you'll get a top notch education on the real truth about finances. A education/truth that no investment agent,stock broker or school teacher/ professor would ever teach you.
Pros
Freedom to be your own boss
Cons
Lots of long days and nights. Cold calling (if you're not into that thing).
Typical Day at work.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSJuly 12, 2018
A typical day at work is something that goes like this but once I walk into the office I immediately go get on the computer to check in and continue my research. I then contact my team for serval meetings that we had scheduled in advance. We go over the goals for the day. We then pinpoint the actually activity step by step and execute. We meet back at the office later around 5 PM. We go over the activity for the day and give progress reports. We go over the information and report in. We then report to the RVP for further instructions for the next following day, month, or even year.
During our Saturday training, each person gives a good news. it starts with the individual dancing to a music for about 30 seconds.
Regional Leader/Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Upper Darby, PAJuly 12, 2018
My typical day at Primerica with my clients various per individual client. My overall daily goal is to implement the company's mission statement, which is to teach the individual family to earn more income, get out of debt, and prepare for financial independence. While some individuals whole heartedly appreciate these concepts, and thank me for sharing them, which is what I enjoy the most, there are others that procrastinate the implementations of these concepts, which can be the hardest part of the job. What I love most about Primerica's workplace culture is that on a daily basis, we have conference calls where each person shares with the group his/her experience the day prior. We also have trainings on Saturdays and Mondays where we learn leadership skills, and other approaches needed to serve families.
Pros
Primerica is a place where the individual person doesn't need any experience to start
Cons
Primerica allows the individual to start based on his/her own schedule.
great company to work for
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 12, 2018
Exciting company, positive environment. Learn how to protect families and plan for their future through investments.

Enjoy training new agents and presenting presentation to clients.

The freedom to set your schedule and flexibility was great.
Pros
help clients
Cons
commission based salary
fun to interact
Insurance sales rep (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 11, 2018
the most enjoyable part of the job is that i get to talk to a lot a people and meet new people. on a typical day at work i would go in to the office and get hands on the phone and call clients or new customers to get them to consider look into their financial status.
Exciting sales oriented, highly motivational environment.
SR REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2018
Primerica Financial Services is an organization with lofty goals and a great deal of positive re-enforcement but the fact that it is a strictly commissioned based entity makes it very difficult to survive in if you don;t have some additional income. They do help you to get your NY Life License and your Series Six and Series Sixty three licenses but the current state of the economy makes the moving of Life Insurance and Mutual Fund products difficult at best. The business of helping people is enjoyable however, when you're successful The large events like the schools and bi-annual convention are exciting and help one to refocus their goals. Overall it's a good company to work for if you're strong enough.
Pros
Great trips if you can earn them and great positive re-enforcement
Cons
Commission only, very expensive to maintain your licenses.
Amazing growth in regards to business skills, interpersonal skills, and self-development
Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJuly 11, 2018
The environment is motivating and personable. Here, there is a restored belief in self-worth and your own personal dreams. I couldn't recommend working here more than I already have - I work when I can and when I need or want money, all I have to do is go out there and get appointments and close business. In the time I have been a representative of the company, I have learned to manage my own personal finances and others, to never be taken advantage of, and most importantly, I've learned my own self-worth and to never let that be taken away again. The management, depending on your RVP, isn't about micro-managing one, it helps with the self-employed position I wanted. The hardest part is stepping outside of your comfort zone to make cold calls, prospect, and ask for referrals - along with the self-development. What I enjoyed most though, was the amazing relationships I built with my team and clients, something I would never of had without this opportunity.
Great community
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAJuly 10, 2018
This is a great place to grow your mindset and learn how to be a better person. There are so many opportunities for growth here if you desire it and dont give up on yourself.
It’s awful
Regional Leader (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2018
Worst decision I’ve ever made in my life to work for a company that does not govern the actions of their regional Vice Presidents. The company sucks the resources out of any hopeful recruit and allows their RVP to use underhanded tactics to profit activities who were never compensated for. Not the choice for a serious entrepreneur.
Self-Employed with a team by your side.
Life Agent/Financial Coach (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 9, 2018
I love the foundations of what Primerica have been built upon. I am always in a position to help those who lack the knowledge of finances. To be able to be successful in Primerica, you have to have a business mindset and strong personal work ethic. Telling yourself to work is more challenging then someone else telling you to work, and I have learned to improve myself everyday. There is a lot to learn in Primerica, rather it's learning about the business, finances, or just learning on how to improve yourself. I have found no other place that encourages you like the atmosphere of Primerica does, and I am grateful that I have been given the opportunity.
Pros
Working for yourself, but not by yourself, Result based advancement in the company, Continual Education, Encouraging Atmosphere
Cons
Takes time to build your business, Paid solely on commissions.
It’s ok
Licensing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 9, 2018
I been working for Primerica for 2 years now it’s an ok job the pay is very low for an insurance company. The managers in my department are horrible I transferred to different departments and the managers are still unprofessional . there’s a lot of favoritism, certain people get special treatment over others such advancements , bonus’s or exceptions that others can’t receive I don’t know how a company is even allowed to do that .i had to speak to the hr department twice because i received inappropriate behaviors from my manager This is a first for me I never had communicate with hr in my previous work environments. the benefits are good I think they give good benefits and a lot of planned and unplanned time is because EVERYONE IS STRESSED OUT IN THE BULIDING the environment is very stressful in my department but they do give you the option to transfer to another department . Primerica does offer great health benefits but it’s expensive and they are involved in the community and allow volunteer time and yearly raises
Pros
Good benefits, time off
Cons
Low pay, horrible management, constant discrimination
Productive summary
Licensed (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 9, 2018
Well on the job of being Insurance agent it is hard some times because people believe that their lives are better without insurance especially life insurance. So on an average our days was educating people of what is important to our everyday life. That to me was the enjoyment part of my job is to teach people how important it is too have that cover for themselves or family members.
Pros
Was able to learn something new everyday
Cons
Long days with sales
Multi-Level Marketing Company
Regional Leader (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 9, 2018
Primerica has the best financial products on the market, but it is not my kind of work environment. I believe that Multi-Level Marketing is great, but a big savings account is required to start a full time business in that field.
Pros
Competitive environment, heavy on personal development
Cons
Commission only, no benefits, must learn business on your own
Absolutely Love It
Independent Agent (Current Employee) –  Castleton, INJuly 8, 2018
There is so much to love. The company does what's right 100% of the time. We have the opportunity to become debt free and financially free while teaching others to do the same. Compensation and advancement opportunity is out of this world. The real challenge is being your own boss, staying disciplined, and putting in the grind to actually build a business.
Cons
Yourself and your own belief
Great Place to Work
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 8, 2018
During orientation I had to drive a lot . I had to get out of my comfort zone and talk to as many people for possible customer only got played commision.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Poor work/life Balance
Self improvement business with a high back-end compensation
Regional Leader (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 7, 2018
Primerica isnt for everyone.
Its for those who have an entrepreneurship spirit and need guidance to fufill it.
Its for those who haven't found their purpose and are open to the possibility of it being here.
Its for those who truly love helping people and value integrity over making a quick check.
Its for those who love being part of a team and want to coach others.
Its for those who want to learn from other people in order to become the best version of themselves.

With Primerica,I've earned the most money in 1 year than any of my other jobs combined,several times over. Thats not why Ive stayed though; Ive stayed because we get to teach people about their finances in a way that no other company does. We get to help people develop a financial gameplan that will help them achieve various goals.

Primerica is a great company to work with because it will truly challenge you to become better in every aspect. Its not always easy but its worth it!
Pros
Unlimited income flexible schedule, mentorship, team building
Cons
No benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primerica. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

79out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Primerica.

Powered by Comparably