Primerica Employee Reviews

Found 2,480 reviews matching the search See all 2,694 reviews
Potential to earn what you're worth
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 12, 2018
This company provides individuals the opportunity to earn what they are worth. You get out of it what you put into it. There is an unlimited growth potential.
Learned sales strategy
JOB RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MINovember 12, 2018
Did not work out for me. I never got any compensation they took my money no results. I would not work for this company in the future it was not a good match for me.
Pros
useful information
Cons
too slow to get paid
Part-time Position
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHNovember 11, 2018
This company allows anyone to become a financial adviser with or without educational background in finance or business. It thrives on referrals and recruiting. Strictly commission based. Training is hit or miss. What you put into it is what you get out of it. Staff is super friendly and upbeat but not a stable career. Good opportunity to earn licenses.
Great environment to work in
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 10, 2018
It was an amazing job because it was like you were your own boss. Getting to know people and helping them at the same time was awesome. Being able to make a difference in someone life was a true blessing to them
Typical Sales Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  NYNovember 9, 2018
Targets your Warm market- friends,family etc
Focused on recruiting people you know
Single view marketing - only warm market approach
Supportive culture
Pros
Flexible, performance based
Cons
limited marketing, warm sales focused
I love working for primerica!
Operations Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 9, 2018
I have been with the company over 4 years. Started as a phone rep August 2014 as a CSR 1, promotted to CSR 2 and was on the way to CSR 3 when I transferred to Field Audit in August 2017. I throughly enjoyed the last year in Field Audit learning new things and growing as an employee. However the department is downsizing & my current position is being terminated along with several others.
Pros
Being laid off
Cons
Health care benifits, vacation & sick time
good company
District Leader/Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 8, 2018
would recommend to others interested in selling life insurance. I worked there for about a year and learned a lot about selling and networking and personal development.
There is no salary or benefits--it's all commission based
Senior Representative (Former Employee) –  Macomb County, MINovember 8, 2018
Coming right out of college I was swept into this organization through promises of making $3-5,000/month, and being able to retire early, with opportunity to advance. What they don't tell you up front is that everything is commission based, you won't earn any money until you complete your life insurance and other licenses, and you don't get a potential client list or leads. You're supposed to ask your family and friends for help and build your client list from there. When I work in a professional setting, I don't want to poach family and friends to join my team or to purchase things from me in order to be successful. I also shouldn't have to bring on other members to the team in order to put food on the table. It is a pyramid. The more people you bring on, the more you make. I sold several life insurance policies after scheduling meetings with a dozen people--it was hours and hours of work and I made maybe $20 of commission.

It was not enough to live off of. The mission of the company is good--help the little guy that doesn't know a lot about managing their finances, but I would suggest they not poach young people right out of college with false promises and smoke screens. In my 6 months I made $100 if that. I worked hard, studied hard, went to the meetings, took the exams...but without another source of income it just wasn't feasible to continue. I left the company, and when I told my upline I was leaving, I still received several calls over the next few months asking me to reconsider or come to meetings. I eventually had to stop answering the calls.

This company is
  more... great for professionals already established in a field and slowly building up a business in their spare time. As a primary source of income though, it just isn't feasible to live off of just starting out.  less
Pros
Education, freedom with time
Cons
No salary, no leads, commission only after hours and hours of hard work poaching potential clients
Great Inspiring Job
Part-time sales of Life Insurance Products (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 7, 2018
You can earn as much as you are willing to work hard for. You must put in the time, and they recommend that you attend the conferences. They help keep you motivated.
Pros
Meet new people and get to help a lot of people to become more financially secure.
Cons
Due to contest expectations, sometimes it's hard to stick to a part-time commitment.
The best business opportunity I've come across
Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 7, 2018
A typical workday includes reaching out to referrals and scheduling appointments. Ive learned more at Primerica in 1 year than I have in my entire career about true leadership and developing people. Management is more leadership than management. The hardest part of the job is different depending on a person's natural make-up. Initially the hardest part for me was the sales aspect of the job. The most enjoyable part is my unfailing belief in how we help families.
Must apply
Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2018
There has never been a place that I have worked at that fosters my development as much as Primerica. The work can be difficult, but is very rewarding.
Excellent Business Opportunity
Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WINovember 7, 2018
Arguably one of the greatest business opportunities in North America. They allow you to build a business with no startup costs and mold it into what you want it to be. The hardest part of this job is learning how to think like a business man and getting your business rolling and profitable.
Competitive environment with unlimited potiential
Licensed Life Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 6, 2018
Primerica is an all day/every day business. This is YOUR business so it is as successful as you're willing to put the time and effort into it. I liked the freedom but that is also the hardest part. Discipline will be the "IT" factor in your success.
Learned a lot
REGIONAL LEADER (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJNovember 5, 2018
They make it a point to constantly teach and grow everyone that works with them. Anyone that give Primerica a good chance never comes out the same way that they went in
This is Not a Job it's a Business Opportunity
Division Leader (Current Employee) –  North Attleboro, MANovember 4, 2018
This is Not a Job it's a Business Opportunity and the harder you work the more you can potentially make. You need to get licensed in life insurance and securities in order to truly help out families and make real money. Follow the Primerica System and your upline and with hard work you can succeed
Competitive MLM workplace
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 4, 2018
Work included almost exclusively cold marketing, and managing clients and their policies. Definitely, MLM themed and focused a lot on recruiting, and less on sales.
Productive and fun workplace
Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 4, 2018
Productive and fun workplace. Great mentors and a challenge to utilize your talent for personal growth. This company provides all the tools, training, and support to make to make the business easy and fun.
You can work from home so no need to go anywhere and no HARD LABOR
Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 4, 2018
I’m still new so it’s gonna be some time till I really step up my game but you don’t even have to go in everyday just when you have an appointment with someone very nice and chill environment
Pros
Paid vacation
what I've learned
District Leader (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 4, 2018
I've learned alot from Primerica. Primerica give you brief knowledge on finances and investments.Things that I wish I knew when I was 18. Primerica is also strong on team work ethic skills and building wealth.
Pros
good benefits and vacation time
Cons
no cons at all
Self pased
Life Insurance Agent/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CANovember 4, 2018
This career field is a sales environment, fast pased, must be self motivated. If you are not self motivated and can work without being managed then this would not be a job for you. I thrive in situations like this.
Pros
You control you income
Cons
You control your income

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primerica. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
51.5K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Primerica.

Powered by Comparably