Primerica Employee Reviews

Found 2,805 reviews matching the search See all 3,034 reviews
Great Place with Motivating People
Division Leader (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 25, 2019
It's a great environment. Competitive, but collaborative. I learned a lot working here and have some great licenses and certifications because of it.
Pros
Education, Licenses, Environment
Flexible Hours.
FINANCIAL SERVICES OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2019
Its a great company to work for, allows flexible hours for me to work and care for my children. Allows me to grow and gain experience working with financial services as well.
work place
Life Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 23, 2019
If your in the right office you may have a good team that can help you and build you to grow and become better but if your in an office that does not really work with you. It will be very hard to advance and grow.
Pros
may be good in the future if you stay there long enough to become an RVP
Cons
a lot of cold calls and chasing people to want to join the business
Positive Environment, no guarantee pay
Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAApril 23, 2019
I like Primerica for it gives you a more positive attitude and ambition, but you need to constantly grind and work to achieve success or you will be left behind in the business. There is a lot of money out of your pocket that you need to do to invest in your business. Of course, there is no base pay or guarantee pay, just commission. No benefits or pay increase; just higher contract commissions. Great managers and leaders. This place becomes a lot more like a family.
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 23, 2019
Trainings for primerica were always fun and competitive everyone was always coachable towards our teammates after trainings we would play pool or just hangout and eat
Pros
Fun activities free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Great job for recent grads
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJApril 23, 2019
I took this job right after I graduated undergrad. Hours are flexible and you learn a lot, but becoming an agent is really only for people who have supportive friends/family or are highly sales motivated.
Place is amazing. Teamwork & the professionalism stand out
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCApril 23, 2019
Very busy atmosphere! This isn't just coworkers - they are family. They actually care to help people. I learned a lot working with company on how to secure my own family's financial future.
Good work ethic
Insurance Sales Agent/Sr. Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRApril 22, 2019
All customer interactions were managed in a professional and friendly manner. Regulations and guidelines were met accordingly to federal and local laws.
Cons
Low salary
Good outside sales experience
Jacksonville, District Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 22, 2019
Good starting sales job for people interested in grindy sales. How well you will do entirely depends on who hires you and trains you. Good canvasing and lead generating experience.
Primerica was a youthful environment. Everyone was positive & had/has a drive. Motivation lives within Primerica Financial Services.
Senior Representative (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAApril 22, 2019
Primerica taught me how to be a positive competitor & how to face my fears. Being a quiet person & someone who rather stay in the back, Primerica taught me that I have a voice. There’s something inside of me that the world needs to see. Primerica also taught me the importance of life insurance, annuities, home/auto insurance, how to get out of debt & how to build & be the growth my future needs.
Pros
Traveling. Learning. Focus. Motivation. Bonuses.
Cons
Commission/Recruiting
Part-time job that allows for flexibility in client meet-up for introduction to life insurance
Life Insurance Agent (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2019
A part-time job that allows for flexibility in client meet-up for introduction to life insurance and the ability to help those in need for financial security.
Don't bother
District Leader (Current Employee) –  Litchfield Park, AZApril 20, 2019
They seem nice but you are just greas for their ever revolving door of new blood in their machine.Plepole start all exited and then quickly fizzle out, due to no traction or any money being made. They hand out promotions but you wont make any livable money if any. Nor any real training other than suggestive talking of why this is the best job.
They train by scavange your warm market. They want you to get people to join you without you even knowing enough about anyting. The blind leading the blind, putting the cart before the horse.

I personally just want to help educate people not bait or use them. Try it if you like, just don't hold your breath.
Pros
Nice people... or are they?
Cons
Not making any real money, repetitive meetings and weekly phone calls saying the exact same thing each time!
Fun & motivated work place!
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 18, 2019
Primerica is a independent business. You have no boss, no quota, no schedule. You make money on your own time. You earn a state license that is yours & is given the opportunity to build a business of your own.
Pros
You can’t get fired
Cons
You have to decide if you are building a business or working for part time income
Compoetitve
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 18, 2019
Typical day at work was to recruit new agents and find potential clients that needed life insurance. I learned finances on a detailed basis and communication skills. I was mentored by successful business owners of the company earning 6 figures or more. Workplace was very uplifting and competitive as we competed for most sales and recruits. The hardest part of the job was recruiting agents. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping families with their financial needs.
Fast paced environment with great learning advancement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 18, 2019
The company has excellent benefits which is great but compensation is way below average for Customer Service Reps. Also provides an excellent learning center.
Pros
Benefits / On site Cafe
Cons
Low pay / short breaks / very stressful
Best opportunity
Life Agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 17, 2019
Best opportunity only that we just bought a new house and we need a little more of stability. Building a team requires time just in anything. While building we need to continue growing financially.
Great work enviroment
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJApril 17, 2019
I am an independent agent, All my work is generated by me, I have great teammates and a great office environment. I also work from home most of the time. I make my own schedule. I work on commission.
Friendly and flexible place to work
Office Manager/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 16, 2019
My RVP was very kind and understanding of my two job work schedules. It was easy to maneuver my hours around my other, less flexible job. Easy going environment, low stress.
Fun and exciting environment but is possibly a scam.
Representative (Former Employee) –  West Hazleton, PAApril 16, 2019
My time at Primerica was not a good one entirely.

The people who hired me were very nice people who know what they're talking about, and they were very supportive at first.

The first red flag that came up was when they had asked me for $100 to give to them so they can do a background check on me. No other company has done this.

The second red flag was when they had started to put pressure on me to spend money I didn't have at the time on trips to resorts for conferences that ended up being a waste of time, and if I refused or couldn't attend I would be looked down upon until a week or so after the event.

The third red flag was having to pay to receive any bit of basic supplies that we all needed to do our jobs properly. I'm not talking about pencils and paper, although they did charge to use certain printers, I'm talking about programs and basic product presentation booklets that everyone uses and would be given to you for free as expected. This was confirmed when I went to Research America, which used the same sales skillset, and I had received any needed scripts or programs upon entering the workplace, without having to pay for it.

The final red flag was the fact that no matter what questions I asked, no matter how I phrased the questions, or how many times I outright said so, I rarely receives help. I missed out on many potential sales and opportunities that could have kept me there, but help was rarely received.

Despite this, there were some good times. There just aren't any good times worth talking about.
Pros
The licenses you receive, the knowledge you earn, and the experience are all worth something.
Cons
Several red flags for a toxic environment and it being a pyramid scam.
Great for entrepreneurs
Division Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, TNApril 16, 2019
This is an incredible faith based company to build a business through. They care deeply about their independent contractors and the overall company mission.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primerica. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
51.7K

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight