PrimeSource Building Products Employee Reviews

great people
Warehouse Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAAugust 30, 2018
I always look forward to all the good mornings with all of my coworkers and seeing the smiles on most of them and the frowns on some of them and asking how i can help make it a smile. I'm a people person so helping make my coworkers day is something i enjoy doing.
Pros
great professional peope
Cons
lack of recognition for great job done
not much to say
ORDER SELECTOR (Former Employee) –  MissouriAugust 15, 2018
There are many fine individuals at this company. Collectively, however, PSBP falls short of my basic requirements, to be considered even a decent employer. Very willing to discuss company goals, dreams, ideology. But refuses to pay most employees a wage, that would pay for more than the bills + 2 lbs. bologna, and 1 Red Bull, Of course, stupid long hours, sore back, and no home life, are yours to keep for free.
Pros
Pretty flowers outside.
Cons
Disengaged lower & middle management, poor wages, poor leadership (branch level), poor culture, AND one very nice restroom that aint for your use.
Steady workplace
Merchandiser/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 27, 2018
good company to work for hard to move up steady schedule, weekends off. great benefits, decent insurance. Company is trying to set up ways to set your goals and organize group meetings to figure out how to meet those goals
Pros
free weekends
Cons
no organization
Ok work place , your working inside Home depot most of the time which can become old very qucikly .
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2018
The job is ok at first until your work their for awhile you start to fill like a home depot employee ! You spend half of you time telling customers that you do not work for the store or you end up helping them out of sorrow because their never any home depot reps around ! Expecte to have customers rip open your merchandise right in front of you after you just spent the last 30 minutes repairing the damaged product that was already their in the store . Time management is a MUST ! You have a number of duties to carry out on your visits , you start filling like it's a battle that you can't win you have some stores that make an effort at working but sadly their are less than more due to the lack of man power at least thats what they tell you .
Pros
Work on your own / self manage
Cons
You tend to fill like a maid, the harder you work at fixing your stores the more the customers destroy your work .
its cool
Accounts Payable Associate (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 11, 2018
I have working here for a few a little while. I think it is overall a cool company to work for. There are some stumbling blocks as far as communication but overall they work with you to create work life balance.
It's a job
Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 30, 2018
Pretty decent on the local level. However, once the higher-ups from corporate get involved, all bets are off. Way too many people involved in what should be handled at the local distribution center.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Upper Management
PrimeSource Building Products
PRODUCT DIRECTOR OF NON FERROUS PRODUCT LINES (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 25, 2018
A great group of product brands that have a significant market share serviced by 34 locations nationwide. The recent acquisition by a private equity group helped us better manage our business. The company needs to do a better job learning the needs of our customers and suppliers to better create enduring partnerships. In all a great group of people.
Pros
34 locations - people - buying power
Cons
layers and processes in place slows down execution
Prime Source
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 24, 2018
Moving fast to get into more automated accounting and dismiss many positions that currently key invoices.

Not much teaching on SAP. Learn as you go.

Management is just as new as we were when we came, one of the more difficult issues to deal with.
Pros
Fruit Friday and lunch on close day
Cons
Was told I was temp to perm but found out after working for a while that the position is expendable.
great place
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 17, 2018
great place to work fast paced. There is a lot of emphasis on sales and hitting sales goals.

i dont like how sales and operations are lumped together
Great opportunities at one time
Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILMay 15, 2018
Plenty of opportunity for advancement prior to sale to venture capital group in 2015. Extensive lay-offs sacrificed life work balance for many employees.
Job at the Time
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 24, 2018
I haven't worked there for some time, so my review may be skewed to current management. I am sure the management I was under whilst I worked there is gone.
work place
Administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 24, 2018
a typical day at work is to make sure the out side sales reps have everything that they need for their sale. For an example product. I order the products and I enter the order in for the customer. I also give out credits to customer that was charged to much for and item or they didn't receive an item but still got billed for it. I answer the phone all through out the day to assist customers on their needs.
Pros
flexabililty, no micromanaging
Cons
pay level, alot of work load
My fellow employees made it a nice place to work
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHMarch 23, 2018
Being able to purchase the product that the customers need, when they need it, was probably the most satisfying.
The hours and the demands place on the DC from Corp is excesive and most times unrealistic.
Pros
Office and warehouses like new condition
Cons
Hours and stress
Quick pace enjoyable and busy
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMarch 22, 2018
Very busy place and the time goes by quickly, management is great, very organize and efficient and overall a great place to work. Workers work together as a team and at times we have free lunch.
Pros
Quick pace, people are good to work with, and very busy
Cons
Stressful at times, long hours at times especially when inventory count is due
Horrible
Field Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 22, 2018
Management will drive you into the ground and will not praise you for a job well done. They will criticize everything that you have no control over in the store. Do not work for this company. Take my advice and it will save you from having a heart attack or going to jail.
Pros
The job makes you workout
Cons
Nagging managers, micromanaging managers
Great job!
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 12, 2018
Building relationships with distributor.
Taught customers inventory control.
Management was ok.
The people I worked with were great.
Nothing hard about the job.
Meeting new people
Pros
Compensation was good
Cons
Took a while to get shipments sometimes
Disscuraging
Picker/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Guilderland, NYJanuary 11, 2018
I got blamed for things that I didn't even do, On top that you cant even talk to your boss about it because he will flip out on you, lack of communication is all I will say..... After being blamed for something for the second time and yelled at I left, I didn't need to go to work to get treated like a child, very unprofessional..... Their needs to be an open line of communication and their deffinatly is not....
Pros
Cons
never know when your work day will end....
Good Stable Company, Great Branch Employees - Corporate Set Unrealistic Expectations, Employee Layoffs, Fear Management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Northeast RegionJanuary 3, 2018
Corporate level management created a workplace culture that did not promote collaborative efforts between sales people, due to excessive employee layoffs and unrealistic sales expectations. Constant threat to remove accounts, and cut geographic territory with all sales people, underperforming & overachieving. To much focus on underperforming products and customer accounts, with little emphasis on new customers, products, and opportunities.
Pros
Nationwide Stable Company, 401K, Paid Time Off, Full Benefits
Cons
Bad workplace culture, employee bias, layoffs
Decent
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILDecember 28, 2017
Fine job day to day. Company needs to compensate employees a bit better. Management needs to try to understand the day to day functions of each position and employee.
Pros
Good industry
Cons
Pay. Specific management
don't bother
Truck Driver Class A/operations manager (Former Employee) –  Guilderland CenterOctober 28, 2017
Used to be a great company. bought and sold a couple times in the recent few years. many things changed, for the worse. I worked there for 11 years. worked my way up the ranks.