PrimeSource Building Products
52Below average

PrimeSource Building Products Employee Reviews

United States111 reviews
PrimeSource
Daily calls on Grip-Rite Dealers. Demonstrated nail guns, compressors, air hoses, nails, and nail gun safety. I handled the Western US and I was a Grip-Rite Specialist teaching the Grip-Rite Pneumatic Products!
Loved my job
This was one job that I had loved and if I had the opportunity to go back I would. Everybody made you feel at home and like you was family. I made friends out there that I consider as family now.
Dictatorship
The company has no format to help people succeed who do not know the building supply industry.
There are people that get preferential treatment because they know how to "play the game" with management.

I would not reccomend anyone to work here unless they are already knowledgeable of the industry.
Bottom-line profitability
My experience working for this company is biased because I was terminated. There are some great people in the building and I highly respect most of them.

This company is split into two main groups: people focused on PrimeSource products and people focused on squeezing short-term profits to impress the Senior Leadership Team. Not surprisingly, those two groups are frequently pulling in opposite directions. This company is owned by a private equity company, Platinum, and has to report earnings updates regularly. There is large amount of importance on reporting only positive numbers. If the company is in a poor reporting position and has to create a special buy to lower some cost of goods for a monthly update, then it will overstock inventory. If the company is in a strong reporting position then it will drastically reduce inventory, cancel purchases to suppliers, and tell

However, there are some VP level employees who do not believe in managing people and developing skills that will benefit profitability long-term.
Unprofessional Interview Process
3 weeks, 7 interviews and they flat-out ghost you. A firm handshake and a "Give us a call anytime if you need anything," then absolutely nothing. Complete waste of time.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Na
I worked here on a contract basis, was told twice that I would be converted to full-time after three months. After my third month I was actually let go.
Cool at first
Changing management too much. Couldnt keep help so brought in temporary. Work loads too great for small amount of warehouse associates. Now the employees are one of a kind. They run the machine.
Asset management and profit driven
Company is leader in industry. Very broad customer base with outstanding programs and incentives to capture new customers and increase business with existing customers.
culturally biased
The overall corporation seemed fine but the facility I was at was very biased and prejudiced. There was a lot of behind the back issues and race barriers
Sorry place
Mangers was like experience and didn't put people were they belong.they so faverit to people and pick on people they didn't like
All manger needs replaced and put people in charge know how run a warehouse.
Fun environment with ample opportunity to learn and grow.
Working at Prime Source was a dream job for me. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting new people in the form of existing and prospective customers. The feeling of making a successful sale and providing a relevant service and product to my customers is unmatched. The leadership at the company was visionary and open to new ideas, as well as teaching tried and true methods. There was never a shortage of people willing to help, ride along, offer advice, gently steer me in a better direction for sales, or recognize successful performance.
Run far away!!!
When I worked there they had one shift. You worked until the job was done 5 days a week. Some days I would be there up to 16 hours a day. Winter time was probably the only time I worked closer to only 40 hours a week.
Pros
Full time work
Cons
Low pay overworked and underappreciated
Not where you want to be
They don't tell you that you have to work in all types of weather, they meaning management want teamwork but for the most it doesn't happen. They tell you by 4:30-5:00 it's a ghost town....not true. When you go to pick orders it's supposed to be in a location...it's not and the guy who's job is to do it is lazy. When the CEO of the company says he loves hurricanes....there's your sign.
Pros
Every once in a while they provide lunch
Cons
Having to work in the pouring rain when it's lightning in the wind is high
Very poor managing
This company managing is very unexperienced and they only care for the people they are friends with or the ones they knew before working at that company. They don't go off how good you work.
Not a good place to work at the moment
Under new management and they are running a billion dollar company into the ground, They have let go all their good employees that have been their 10 plus years.
Territory Manager
As a territory manager I would meet with current clients and reach out to potential clients daily.
You would also go over new products and sales promotions available.
Stressful and unrewarding
Good workers have to work extremely hard to make up for the terrible workers employed. Management lets certain employees get away with anything. Only good thing is that we are allowed to listen to our own music while working
Unstable
Poor management, mainly on the sales side. Private equity owned, edge of your. seat experience. Operation are good in some areas, but the trucking system is a nightmare. Customers need PrimeSource, but don’t like dealing with them.
Pros
Branding
Cons
It a job if you need one very hard work
worked 10 hour days at the time management was ok very hard work Jesus Saves Jesus Heals Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus is Lord Jesus is coming be ready anyday
i would not recommend working here
too many bad changes in the company, what once was a great place to work is now horrible. Management trying to fix was is not broken and n the process breaking a once-great company.
Primesource
Overall rewarding experience. Working mostly on your own, but carry a heavy responsibility. Company car based on position, good company to work for. Highly recommended for someone out of school
Ask a question about working or interviewing at PrimeSource Building Products. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6
2.8
Ratings from women
2.1
InHerSight Score
1.7Personal Development
1.9Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight