Primex Clinical Laboratory

Primex Clinical Laboratory Employee Reviews in Van Nuys, CA

My experience at Primex has been a learning experience. I have learned so many things from my 12 years of working here and I am still continuing to learn. I've not only learned about the many different aspects of the lab business, but about people and life as well.
Pros
Great work Environment and good work culture.
Cons
Extra working hours.
During my time with Primex, I have been given the opportunity to grow as a professional. Over the years I have enjoyed working at numerous facilities and different environments. Primex has been a great employer and I have met some great people. Everyone is professional and I have gained experience that has been valuable for my growth.
Pros
You will gain loads of experience and knowledge here
Cons
Shorter break and some few extra hours weekly
This has been the longest job I have had, and I can honestly say that I have been fortunate and happy here. Given my position in the company, I have to provide support to all the departments and interact with the entire staff both on and off site which gives me an advantage to look at the company as a whole. My experience has been positive across multiple factors. There is professionalism as well as friendliness within its culture. My responsibilities have increased and the trust the company has put in me is well rewarded. I am comfortable with my work hours and management is understanding if the need arises for some time off. Just like any other company out there, there are days which can be challenging and tiring but my efforts never have gone unnoticed.
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
Longer work hours but i'm comfortable
Absolute learning experience. Primex is expanding and has been through challenges in many scenarios and from that has improved. Management is truly exceptional, the knowledge, skills acquired together they always find solutions to issues and concerns. Working here for 14 years I've gained more knowledge in the medical field. I am very proud to be a part of the Primex Clinical Laboratories family.
Pros
Very innovative and committed staffs to work with, and great team work.
Cons
sometimes be ready to work longer that usual
Primex is a family owned business that strives to provide quality work. In doing so, they provide a work environment filled with care, understanding, and true comradely. I have worked with the same core employees for over 16 years, which goes to show the true strength of Primex Clinical Laboratories lies in its employees and the family friendly culture that lives within the company. Leadership works tirelessly and it shows with their hard work, dedication, and courage. Employees have an open relationship with management and are able to speak up about any ideas they have to better the company and help out each other. Primex allows for ease of work, trusting in their employees' work ethic. This echoes deeply across the departments as many employees have hectic schedules, families with children and need time off of work or flexibility in their work schedules. Management from top to bottom is not afraid of getting their hands dirty and stepping in to pick up the workload until their fellow employee comes back. In this day and age this is a blessing for any employee. Primex prides itself in providing excellent customer service to their clients. This is evident in the leadership team running the company and it trickles down to all of the employees. Primex works to bring the human side of business first so that everyone of our clients know that we give their issues the utmost attention. Primex is known to go over and above to keep their clients happy and satisfied even if it means that the client might not work with us. To us, excellent customer service is knowing that we provided - more...
Pros
Good leadership and team work.
Cons
Occasionally longer hours
Good management and all of my supervisors are very nice, management treats you like a family.And co-workers are all nice too.
Pros
free lunches and nice party every holiday season.
Cons
i would come in at 4am check all data entry errors from the evening, distrubute errors in the CS department to call for corrections. I learned that regardless of the issue the patient always came first. The co-workers in the lab were hard workers and never had time to discuss anything but work. The hardest part of the job was trying to make a department run smoothly and juggle work schedules. The most enjoyable part was seeing your hard work pay off and having the department run smoothly.
Pros
great pay. great people to work with
Cons
Long hours, daily complaints from Dr's
1.Morning shieft sent all demographics to draw station.2.Next called all criticals results to doctors office.3.Draw patients blood.4. Processed stat blood.5. Centrifuge blood as needed.6. Prepared all samples for sent out department.7. No micromanaged.8. Worked independently.9. Co-wokers work as a team.10. Everyday is a challenge.11. Educational always learning something new.12. Assist microbiology department as needed.
Pros
flexible schedule & ot
Cons
benifits not so good