Primrose Retirement Communities Employee Reviews

Beautiful facility and relaxed atmosphere
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, INMay 21, 2019
Beautiful buildings with unimaginable amenities for the residents. Assisted living care takes some getting used to for long time skilled nurses. However, the slower pace is much appreciated and needed.
Pros
Slower pace than skilled facilities
Cons
Slightly lower pay and 8 hour shifts
Prior to changing staff it WAS a great place to work
Life Enrichment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INMay 15, 2019
Primrose used to be a great place to work until they got rid of the wrong part of management when they got rid of the ED that's when everything went to pot
Pros
90% of staff is awesome
Cons
I has no personal life
Caring fun workplace
Dietary Manager, Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHMay 14, 2019
Amazing work family and wonderful residents that became family. It was a rewarding experience getting to provide one on one care to many wonderful residents.
Assisted Living facility is beautiful!
RESIDENT CARE ASSISTANT/ MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 13, 2019
Working overnight shift provided the opportunity to keep facility neat and tidy. Resident laundry was completed with extreme care and residents were ultimately satisfied!
Pros
Residents have the luxury of private apartments.
Cons
More interaction with residents or encouragement needed to participate in activities.
Highly stressful, understaffed, in fighting between departments
Cook (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, INMay 10, 2019
After two years, I’m done. Tired of the lack of leadership and cooperation between departments. Low pay and lousy benefits. They market themselves as patient centered and although what the residents see is positive, behind the scenes is nothing but turmoil.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Stress and turmoil
Needs a little work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INMay 6, 2019
Overall Primrose isn’t a bad place to work. The residents is lovely, amazing staff. The place is gorgeous, a nice movie theater, library, ice cream parlor; diner room is nice and big and they have a few porches/patios that the residents can just go out and sit and enjoy the weather. My bigger concern is the pay. I feel like primrose makes enough to give their staff a better pay/raise, especially for all the extra work we do!
Pros
The residents ❤️
Cons
The pay
It was alright
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 5, 2019
Wasn't too bad of a place to work for except I worked in the memory care building and they dont let you go to Assisted Living building when it gets to be too much in memory care. Dont really care when things come up in your life, you'll have to find a replacement no matter what.
Pros
Third shift: get paid lunches and watch TV on down time
Cons
Management sucks
Great place
LPN (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHMay 3, 2019
Great place to work, very family oriented. This is my first nursing job and I received ample training time, senior nurses and management are very open to questions and mentoring. I wish it paid more, but having the trust and faith in my fellow nurses and aides makes all the difference. Residents treat you like their own family. It really is a great place to work.
Pros
Free meals, not micromanaged
Cons
Doesn't pay well
Co workers were nice
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHApril 17, 2019
Beautiful environment. Primrose is so beautiful on the outside and inside.
The only thing lacking is the communication with other employees.
My supervisor was the most nicest lady you ever want to meet. She was full of love and laugh. I really enjoyed working with her.
I enjoyed my job at Primrose. I met beautiful people that lived there.
I would recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
Communication could be better.
Cons
Poor communication
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHMarch 29, 2019
An okay place to work, goes through periods where we are very short, high turnover mostly with resident assistants. Mandation often in these situations which then causes more turnover because employees are tired of being worked to death. Management comes off as not careing to staff as long as the shifts are covered they don't care who has to do it, not willing to help out much. As long as we are staffed it is a nice place to work, besides pay is on the low side, especially for aides.
Cons
Management, unorganized, high turnover, pay
Stressful
Dietary Cook (Current Employee) –  IndianaMarch 26, 2019
barely enough time for a social life. Constantly overworked and stressed. Not enough days off and work over till the following week. Very dependent on staff. Underpaid for all job duties.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough days off
Very stressful work enviroment. New hire training was minimal.
SALES DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Austin, MNMarch 21, 2019
Very dramatic work place. They are constantly changing their expextations. Huge employee turn over, they don't seem to keep their Sales Directors very long.
Clean beautiful place to work. Awesome coworkers who strive to meet our residents needs.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHMarch 20, 2019
I have worked here for 6 yrs. I have enjoyed the many residents that I have met and cared for. Have had some awesome leadership in this facility. Staff here is more like family and always ready and willing to help one in need.
Pros
Great people, beautiful clean enviroment
Cons
Lower than standard pay. Not enough parking.
Fun Work Place
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHMarch 8, 2019
I loved working at Primrose!

The staff work well together and the administration goes above an beyond to help staff. Schedules are flexible and they worked around my college schedule.
Pros
free meals
Cons
poor pay
Love to work at primrose retirement community
STNA (State Tested Nursing Assistant) (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHMarch 7, 2019
Very nice place to work. Fun work environment. The residents that live there are awesome. My co-workers and bosses made working there and wanting to go in every day worth it.
Pros
Free meals, every year you are there you get something.
Cons
No cons from me.
Primrose is a nice place to work.
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARMarch 5, 2019
I did work the day shift but asked to be moved to night shift due to heavy work load/stress for one nurse. I do miss seeing my residents now and their family members. Was told for months we would have help but help never really came. ADON Came on board but couldn’t help much due to having to fill in open spots on schedule or for call ins or working on other things that just never seem to get done by other staff. There are no consequences for call ins and staff that shows up 15-20 mins or more late for shifts. This makes it hard on other staff that do show up on time. Management I don’t have a problem with, actually very accommodating with most things that come up for me personally! They can only do as much as much as Home office will allow.
Pros
Flexible time off, great co workers, great residents
Cons
Not enough help to get job done on time (day and evening shift)
Close-Knit, Family company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 4, 2019
Primrose has been a great place to work. It's not just a job, it's a family goal to create an environment that is filled with senior citizens who bring color and creativity to the environment.

The management team is amazing and the "corporate" side of this business is more like family than the "big wigs".

If you want a great job that is rewarding and teaches you skills to further your professional career, work here.
Pros
Rewarding
Fun place to work, I guess
Cook/Server/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Gillette, WYJanuary 29, 2019
Fun place to work, the people are fun to work with and the residents are fun to be around. The management on the other-hand is terrible. I am constantly getting called in on my days off and then management would be upset having to cover for me because I had other obligations, all because they forgot to schedule someone. Because they refuse to hire enough staff members so they have a comfortable amount of people to give equal hours to, part time employees are working full-time hours but NOT getting the benefits a full-time employee would receive, and somehow getting away with it. They also wrongfully fire people who work for them all because two employees don't see completely eye-to-eye on some subjects, and one has more authority than the other. Also, in a 12 hour day, staff are only allowed one 30 minuet lunch break, and three 15 minuet breaks and are somehow getting away with it.
Pros
The residents are great
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits, very inconsistent days
Hardworking job, super fullfilling
Resident Aid/STNA (Former Employee) –  Ontario, OHJanuary 21, 2019
Primrose was a fun place to work, management was always around and ready to help, there was always a good vibe with the employees and the residents are what made the job worth it. It was a really fullfilling job that made you feel good and like you were actually helping. However the schedule is made a month at a time so there is not much room for personal situations unless you give notice over a month ahead of something you need to do. It is pretty much impossible to get anyone to answer when trying to find a cover.
Pros
Sometimes free lunch, also had a yoga group
Cons
Scheduling
Loved the people who lived there
Cook (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 9, 2019
There was so much employee drama it made it hard to want to go to work. The management team lost alot of good workers because they were part of the drama problem
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No breaks sometimes, to much stress and drama

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primrose Retirement Communities. Our community is ready to answer.