Primrose School at Liberty Park Employee Reviews

1.4Pay & Benefits
1.4Job Security & Advancement
Horrible place to work
Infant teacher (Former Employee) –  Vestavia Hills, ALJanuary 25, 2018
If you are looking to work here STAY AWAY!! Management is awful, they don’t know nothing, they don’t want to give you off days when needed! One of the owner walks around the daycare out side looking in the door and watching your every move! It feels like we were been watched all the time! The turn over is horrible they are always hiring new people! If I had a child I would not send my child or children there because they will have to learn a new face every month! Please be aware when looking to work here or putting your child in this facility!
Stay away
Employee (Former Employee) –  Vestavia Hills, ALDecember 12, 2017
Primrose the company is fantastic! But the owners at this location are a nightmare to work for! Unethical and disrespectful. Children are not the priority.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Owners, turn over
Leaves a little to be desired
Preschool Teacher/Floater (Former Employee) –  Vestavia Hills, ALDecember 11, 2017
I love the age group that I have, but the management leaves a lot to be desired. There is a problem with the maintenance of ratio in classrooms. Management is aware of the problem and after well over a month of my time of employment there, the issue is still unresolved. The worst part of the job is that I was there for a month and at one point, I hadn't even finished training before I was thrown into a classroom without any knowledge of the curriculum or how to implement it. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the kids when we do actually have the time to enjoy activities. Management needs a refresh.
Pros
Free snacks/lunch, Consistent schedule
Cons
Lack of concern about ratio in classroom, Restroom breaks are hard to come by
Love the students, management needs improvement
Lead Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Vestavia Hills, ALSeptember 13, 2017
I love my classroom and students. The other teachers at the school are fantastic. Currently, there is no director of operations. The owner does not have classroom experience, which seems to damper her ability to understand what we as teachers do, how to talk to the students, and our frustrations. The curriculum is provided, which is great, but the school is sometimes too stingy to get all of the materials needed to implement it.
Pros
Free snacks/lunch, schedule is fairly consistent
Cons
Low rate of pay, high turnover