Primrose School Employee Reviews

Great Place for Children to Learn
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 24, 2018
The manager was very respectful and caring. She would often check in on the teachers to make sure everything was running smooth and ask if they needed anything. Everyone was pleasant to work with.
fun loving active and happy children
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 21, 2018
A great place for children I enjoyed many years there teaching a number of different age groups. The staff really cares and they have great management running the school. A clean healthy secure environment for children. A great time during the summer with many fun field trips. You must be active and have a love for children and care about the job you do.
i loved the families
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 15, 2018
i loved the families that attened primrose. i felt the owners and sometimes the managing staff did not care for their employees, played favorites and treated many people unfairly
Structured work environment
Food program management (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCMay 13, 2018
Structured work environment with yearly evaluations according to corporate standards. This is a franchise in which set standards must be followed. This particular school has high staff turnover which makes it difficult to develop relationships with other staff members.
Pros
Set work hours
Cons
Turnover in staff
Good company
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAMay 8, 2018
Wonderful company to work for great being able to make a difference in the kids lives only down fall is they do not offer healthcare that is my only complaint
Pros
Making a difference in a kids kife
Cons
No health care
Poor Management
Teacher (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 2, 2018
Excited to become part of the Primrose team when I first started.
Two directors in a matter of months.
Poor management.
Lack of communication.
When things hit the fan, management blamed the teachers to cover themselves.
Management started showing their true colors and who their favorites were.
You don't get paid enough for what you have to do, and your degree doesn't matter.
Not as fun as it sounds.
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Leander, TXApril 25, 2018
I went into this part time job beaming with excitement. I love children, storytelling. music and crafts as the ad advertised. When the reality hit, I had to leave this job without proper notice (which I hate), but it was the most stressful, chaotic environment I have ever worked in. Sixteen 2-year-olds should not be in a room together, I don't care what the State ratios claim. Big Business daycare should not exist. It is not Primrose's fault. But I pray I never have to leave my children in such a place.
Pros
Children
Cons
Too many children, high stress, chaotic
Poor management
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 17, 2018
A typical day was overall the same everyday because of the set schedule. The children were difficult at times,but they are kids that i loved dearly and that is what i signed up for. My main reason for leaving was because of management and the lack of respect. They do not listen to request teachers made unless you were a favorite. The director at Primrose does not have a backbone when it comes to the owner and what the owner wants. She just goes with the things the owners said even if it does not make sense to the rest of the staff. Most of the employees did not feel comfortable to management because a lot of them felt like if they did say something their job would be jeopardized. The most enjoyable part of that job was absolutely the children, but working at Primrose at Macland Pointe was beneficial for your mental well being and you are not paid what your worth and what you are there to do.
Happy place to work
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 11, 2018
Love love love it here. Management is the best and a team I really respect. I miss working there because the kids and parents and curriculum and teachers and administrators were all wonderful. They were very flexible with attendance and schedule and work life balance. They invest in their staff and provide a lot of training, resources, and appreciation. It’s a wonderful place to grow and that’s exactly what I did. I no longer work there but keep in touch.
Pros
Free lunch, fun events
Cons
I’m drawing up blank...
fun
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCApril 4, 2018
I was always excited to start my work day. Everyone was always supportive and understanding. It was like a big work family. It was definitely a good place to work.
Good teamwork, could be paid more
Preschool Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Matthews, NCMarch 26, 2018
The director is a good one, and the owner is nice but very business minded- don’t cross her. All the ladies work well together and there is pretty good teamwork
Pros
Hour lunch, 40 hours a week
Cons
Low pay
Review
Assistant Director/ Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 22, 2018
Long days, low pay. I was not provided any benefits. Also did not receive a lunch break for a long while. I love the work I did, the children are lovely and well behaved. I enjoyed the company just not the owners.
Be ready to run around
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitestown, INMarch 7, 2018
Your dealing with children so of course its stressful but a great place to work if you love them because they will grow on you, its also great if your looking for certain times frame to work if you have older kids in school and you want to be home before late and make sure your child is at school
Primrose
Teachee (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 6, 2018
Lack of help from management when needed in classrooms
Overworked employees leading to high turnover
Working while sick and understaffed
Lose sick time at start of new year
Vacation and sick is accrued time
Beautiful building with nasty management
SUPPORT teacher (Former Employee) –  Canal Winchester, OHFebruary 28, 2018
I only worked at Primrose for 2 months. It was fantastic at first, best place I have ever worked. After a little while, leadership started showing their true colors and who their favorites were. I applied to be in the infant room, agreed to come in as support which was fine. Then, during my evaluation leadership said I was going to be put into the infant room and officially as a teacher in there. A week later, they put a new support teacher in there and strictly avoided putting me in there at all, even going as far as to make them be over ratio. A couple of the babies didn't get their food or bottles because this new girl didn't know the schedule and they still put her in there the next day. Many teachers have complaints about leadership and I'm not the only one who was looking for a new job
Pros
Pay, kids were great, parents were awesome, co teachers were fantastic
Cons
management
Teacher, Cincinnati, Oh
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhFebruary 20, 2018
Very unorganized management doesn't know what they are doing. They cause their own issues, b/c teachers become upset and call off. They need to LEAD the staff.
Benefits
Cons
Communication
fast pace
Assistant Pre-K Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 7, 2018
if you enjoy working with children this is a great place to do so. Hours depend on your availability, must be willing to be attentive and on your feet for long periods.
Fun place to work
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 5, 2018
This is a good place to work at If you love working with kids. But they don’t appreciate the hard work you do, it’s a lot of responsibility and most of the time they make you stay late even if you can’t.
Daycare, not "prestigious school"
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 3, 2018
I started my job at Primrose excited and looked forward to the long time I planned to work there, but I was falsely advertised by the cookie-cutter chain. From day one management acted incredibly fake; One second they tell you they appreciate you, but as you walk away you can hear the whispers of all things bad being said about you. Management will also make promises to you they cannot keep. If in your interview you tell them you need to leave no later than 5 p.m. everyday, they will tell you "no problem!," but keep you 30 to 45 minutes later every single day afterwards. If you ever need assistance in the classroom, don't expect anyone to come help until about 10 or 15 minutes later, even if a child or teacher is injured - They really couldn't care less, and take their sweet time to attend to you. You will pretty much be on your own the entire time, unless your ratio is extremely high. If you're one or two kids over ratio, they'll switch kids from room to room to keep teachers isolated. In addition, they expect you to be looking after the kids while playing with/teaching them, changing diapers/doing potty breaks, and cleaning all at once without help. If you get sick, it would be sensible to call out to prevent from getting the children/other staff members sick. However, be wise doing so - you just might get threatened or fired after a few call outs.

Management was not the only problem, but the owners overall. They want to show you a clean pretty prestigious "school," but in actuality is no less than a daycare. Though your title might say otherwise, you will not be a teacher,
  more... but a babysitter, and you'll be treated like a "body," receiving no respect. Owners will treat you just as poorly, putting themselves and their money before anything else. You will be treated very poorly at Primrose, so apply with caution.

Also- this place has been opened since October 2017 and has lost majority of its original staff already.

The children and their parents were so sweet and fun to work with, along with fellow teachers, but management was unbearable and made me (and many other ex-employees) miserable. Didn't quit the job, just the management team and owners.
Pros
Free Lunch, Clean
Cons
Management, Owners
Primrose of Georgetown is AWESOME!
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXFebruary 2, 2018
The owners, management and other staff are the most caring, understanding, supportive and uplifting group of people I have ever had the privilege of working with and for. Everyone always has a smile and is willing to help one another in any way they can. The owners go above and beyond to create an atmosphere that makes everyone feel empowered to be the best they can be. From the training, to the measures they take to show their employees how much they appreciate them, to the extras they bring to staff meetings and functions to provide opportunities that might benefit us as people and not just as employees, no details are left unthought of for how they can help us learn, grow and be our very best in every way. The children too made every day working there a true pleasure. From the first day when I observed in a classroom I noticed how incredibly smart and articulate the students were. The curriculum and daily routines made it so easy for each child to learn at their own pace, express their own creativity, and thrive in a loving, nuturing, positive place and it shows in each child. I loved watching them learn something new, master a skill or just enjoying life at Primrose.
Pros
Meals w the students, unending support, constant training, friendly positive enviroment, weekends off for family