Prince George's Community College Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
College environment
Supervisor of Theatre Operations (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDJune 13, 2018
Working at a college we should do everything we can in order for the students to learn and grow. I feel the faculty and staff don't give their all to the students. The students should always come first. Too many people want to be in charge, but aren't willing to out in the work for it.
Pros
Healthcare, Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Discourse amongst colleagues, people talking at each other and not talking to them. No one listens.
Working at PGCC
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDJune 13, 2018
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time working at Prince George's Community College. I do my job well and love working with students. The hardest part about this job is moving up once you're in here. There is a culture of looking outside for great candidate when there is awesome talent in house. Many old timers need a customer service re-vamp yet they are allowed to remain employed. I have found it hard to advance here- hence why I am looking at other opportunities. There is some nepotism and accountability issues that need to be addressed.
Pros
great leadership (at the top), great time off, healthy work-life balance.
Cons
advancement, tuition reimbursement, pay
fun enviroment
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDJune 4, 2018
the lab is fun as you assist students on their homework and assignment. School provide students with guidance and necessary skills to assist students. Flexible hours is good
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short work hours
Very stressful environment to work in
Administrative Assistant/Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDJune 4, 2018
A typical work day would be to try not to step on anyone's toes while getting your work done. To know which "click"/group you belonged to and not have the ability to voice your concerns without fear of repercussions.
Pros
I learned alot of new skills
Cons
Very stressful and childish environment, especially upper management
Student
Full-time student Computer Service Technology (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJune 4, 2018
I was a student at Prince George Community College fro 2015 to 2017. The classes help me pass my CompTIA A+ and Network+ certification. PG Community College is a great school.
Very experience work place to be and very educational.
Adjunct Faculty-(Temporary Contracted Teacher) (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDJune 1, 2018
When I arrive at work, I normally greet my students and begin assisting my students on any questions that they may have before they begin their lab assignments.
Pros
knowing that the students are learning.
Interesting and helpful place
Hacker's Space Assistant (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDMay 25, 2018
Every Friday, I would should up from 5pm to 7pm to help students and learn about network configurations and programming. I would be one of the few assistants to show up. I would usually be around stacks of routers and switches that were ready for configuration. The hardest part was to recruit more people to help out with the job. I enjoyed the fact that I had received benefits such as free textbooks, and entered online competitions.
Benefits
Cons
Not too many people showed up
great services
reader/scribe (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDMay 17, 2018
I worked for DSS. I enjoyed being a reader scribe and gaining experience in the office setting as an assistant. Getting to network with other departments in the college is useful.
Not a bad place to work part time
Testing Technician (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDMay 14, 2018
My experience here was not bad overall. However, it were my coworkers who did not give me the best experience due to their consistent negative attitudes. They were not very friendly but the managers were. Though, the managers and coworkers went on breaks whenever and however long that they felt like with no regard for if anybody else has had one or not.
Pros
Learn alot, pay wasn’t bad. Nice managers. Pretty quiet setting for the most part
Cons
Coworkers, do not get enough hours
depends on where you work.
Office Associate II (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDMay 13, 2018
Little or no opportunity for advancement; it's who you know. I loved my job and my department and then my boss retired. The person who took over was a bully and a racist. As was her assistant. She was friends with division admin assistant.. All 3 bullied me to the point I was having panic attacks and had to leave. HR is useless.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low pay, management only cares about lining their own pockets
Great place to work.
Clinical Instructor Radiology Program (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDMay 8, 2018
There are many cultures to learn from. There is a culture of learning at PGCC. Different cultures in one classroom. Everybody learns. Life is lived.
Friendly environment & Student services
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDApril 25, 2018
Good environment if you like working with students. Typically always have a good day at work. I teach anatomy, may questions from students, but I love to work here.
Relaxed Work Envoirnment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Largo, MD 20774April 10, 2018
Relaxed, work at your pace environment. You have the ability to work and go to school all at the same place, you have your own office space to work in.
fun and nice place
DSS Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDApril 9, 2018
They help student employee to prepare for the real world. they are really nice people to work with and they are understanding. They also give flexible schedule (they work with ur schedule).
working place is nice
Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDMarch 31, 2018
everyone is friendly with each other. Everyone helps each other. I Love working with them. it is not stressful work. you can have time for work easily.
Nice environment and co workers nice
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDMarch 28, 2018
I enjoyed working for PG Comm. College, students were always asking general questions and I enjoyed my job. I also was in charge of lost and find. Always people brought in credit cards wallets and cell phones. I always sent out letters about finding people property and I enjoyed the job. My job was only suppose to be for 90days i was extended several years,until there were no more to extend me.
Pros
Free food at times
Cons
Retirement plan after 6 months of employment
Diverse and fun community to work in
SQL Developer/ Analyst (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDMarch 26, 2018
Things are usually hectic at the beginning of each semester, then they go back to normal after the first month or so. The culture here is great, we try to have fun while working. Management is good - we communicate well with managers.
Pros
Lots of paid holidays
Cons
Salary isn't "great"
Pgcc
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDMarch 11, 2018
Prince George'sCommunity College was a great place to work as for me starting off as an upcoming high school graduate of 2018. There was some busy days, I grew comfortable with working there and became confident with my customer service skills.
Great place to work and get an education
(On-the-Job-Training Internship) (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDMarch 3, 2018
Enjoy my time their as a student and was given the opportunity to become part of staff and Alumni president after finishing the eighteen weeks program. I loved the work in helping other students become prepare for their work career. Management was very supportive to the growth of the students and the community.
Pros
Participating in community outreach program and field trips
Nice job, good environment, nice staff, busy multi-phone lines, i also learned how to operate most office equipment.
Telecommunications Clerk (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDFebruary 23, 2018
Fast paced, Many office procedures, General office management, Diversity, No specific hard part of the job, Interacting with the public,
I learned how to operate general office equipment.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a