Prince George's County Public Schools Employee Reviews

Review Summary
GROUP ACTIVITY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDMarch 21, 2019
Prince George's County Public Schools is a productive work environment. There are opportunities for growth and advancement especially teachers, paraprofessionals, and teacher assistants.
They canceled your FULLTIME application and make others FULLTIME and don't offer you that chance first.
Bus Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDMarch 21, 2019
I liked some people at the bus lot, but not alot. I stayed to myself most time now afterward of being accused of something that I didn't do. It's sad
Pros
No trustworthiness
Cons
bus aide need more pay, involved in the kids lives, No benefit package, That's one of the reasons they've a BIGGEST TURNOVER.
very Educational
Special Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, MDMarch 20, 2019
Prince George's County Public School is a Great place to work! Friendly staff! Students are awsome! As the students are learning, your learning as well.
Pros
Good Lunches
Cons
N/a
Teaching take time and patience
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDMarch 15, 2019
a typical day at work would be reviewing/preparing plans for the day, greeting the students as they enter the class and ensuring they have a safe learning environment .
Very stressful enviorment
Early Childhood Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDMarch 13, 2019
Little support for staff or children. Many times the staff was left to take care of problems that the administration should have addressed. Children have been hurt without accountability.
It is hard on its teachers
Early Childhood Teacher (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDMarch 9, 2019
Worked with a Kindergarten class,
25, students
Had to do reading according to curriculum
Math was governed by required performance based task
Morning message is the important part of the it help set the course of the day
Pros
the sparkle in their eyes when they learn something new
Cons
not enough time to do everthing
Summary
Auditorium Technician (Current Employee) –  MarylandMarch 6, 2019
I've been here at the school for five years. I started out in the classroom working with special education students. I've been coaching since I've been here. I learned how to read a Snapshot, what a FBA is, and different modifications and accommodation for each student that have a IEP.
Great place to live and work!
Nonpublic Instructional Specialist (Current Employee) –  Landover, MDFebruary 22, 2019
Great place to work! The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to support families in educating their best! I am a product of the county and I believe in Prince George's County Public Schools!
Good System if at a high performing school
Special Education Teacher & Chairperson (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDFebruary 22, 2019
Prince George's County public schools have housed and continue to house many intelligent, driven, focused children and staff. If there were more funding to this public school system to implement trade programs and financial literacy classes, there would be a spike in the graduation and career rates in this prominent area of African Americans. Unfortunately, I don't feel the system is commensurate with the socioeconomic status of the county. But if you can afford a house in such areas as Bowie then one can be more than satisfied with the schools.
fast paced enviroment with many attributes, and learning experiences
Food Service/ Cafeteria Worker (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, MDFebruary 18, 2019
A typical day at work is very productive if you've come in to actually work an get the tasks at hand done in an orderly fashion, as well as if you understand what the purpose of being on this job consists of.

there are lots of different ethnicities on the job that I work and we are all pretty much a family oriented staff. however they don't offer enough opportunities on this job and sometimes depending on where you are located its not always a professional environment.

the hardest part of my job would have to be only the fact that I am the only male on my job and with that I do more physical work then any other person on the job other than that I enjoy my job.

management is not the best but if you have a thick skin about things you should be ok and able to adapt to the work environment.

I have learned that I have good work ethic and how to stay focused and help new people and help educate them on how to get tasks done effectively.
Just stay focused on your job, away CYA.
SCHOOL BUS DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MD 20772February 12, 2019
I enjoy my days working at the county.
I learn how to operate several types of school bus
How to work with special need students in wheelchairs.
we had some good one and some bad ones.
Not having support and backup to enforcing the policies.
Typical Teaching Position
Classroom Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDFebruary 7, 2019
There are great teachers at PG County schools. The PGCEA is doing great things to make sure teachers are fairly compensated. Many resources are readily available.
Pros
Great Insurance
Cons
N/a
Depressing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MD 20772February 7, 2019
You have to let manager/co-workers when you have to use the bathroom... Work performed does not match job description... No room for advancement... Micro-managed...
Fun work place
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 5, 2019
Fun work place, fast paced, team work,Organization preparation of fresh produce hands on learning about foods, easy going, customer service care making people happy
Productive and beneficial
Paraeducator/Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Prince George's County, MD,February 4, 2019
A typical work day began at 7:30 am. It usually began with bus/hall duty and cafeteria duty. This would be taking and bringing students in the General Ed. population. With the Regional School, brought meals back to classroom as needed or monitored and assisted with feeding in the cafeteria. As a para, my primary duties were to assist the classroom teacher in all areas of ongoing instructions throughout the day. Toileting, feeding, data collection, testing, behavior strategies and modifications implementations. I learned the importance of consistency for the students, respect for the students and the importance for each student to know that help is always available and that someone cares. There really was no hard part, you learn to adapt to make the students successful! The most enjoyable part was the interaction with the students and to see and hear the verbal as well as nonverbal language from students.
Pros
holidays off, summer vacation, on going training for advancements
Is for the Kids
Paraprofessional Educator SPED (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, MDFebruary 4, 2019
Great when I first started, it the people in Admin positions that make you want to leave, not the children you work with. There is not much I have to say. What has been said sums it all up.
PGCPS is trash
Student Advocate (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDJanuary 30, 2019
PG County needs a complete revamp when it comes to education. The salaries are too low. There has been embezellment as well as a grade changing scandal.
Positive
Vocal Music Classroom Teacher (Former Employee) –  Calverton, MDJanuary 29, 2019
Great place for a young professional to be groomed for education and classroom teaching. wonderful place to learn from others and grow in teamwork skills and networking
work as a team
Dedicated Aide (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJanuary 27, 2019
• Collaborate with teacher and Special Education service providers in promoting a classroom culture and environment that develops and nurtures the students’ emotional, social and cognitive needs
• Implement prescribed behavioral strategies and positive behavior support
• Collect and maintain data to monitor students’ academic progress
• Assist with specialized instruction for children with emotional disorders, Autism, developmental delays. Intense behavior challenges, and multiple learning disorders
• Facilitate independent work; ensuring student participation in daily lessons, activities and assessments in accordance with ADA, HIPAA and PGCPS policies and procedures
Pgcps
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJanuary 26, 2019
Working with the school system was definitely a daily adventure. Rewarding at times as paving the way for future students is a job that cannot be measured.