Prince George's County Employee Reviews

Terrible
Program Coordinator, (Current Employee) –  Camp Springs, MDJuly 27, 2018
The management severely lacks empathy for the clients they service. The show contempt and disregard for the staff. If you report abuses or unethical behavior to upper management the report is squashed. The county is drowning in nepotism. I
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Management, salary, promotional opportunities
Working for the "P.G. County Government"
Governor Oden Bowie Drive (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDOctober 31, 2018
I love the atmosphere and my most of co-workers it is very relaxed however for the past ten years employees have not gotten any type of raises (COLA, Performance Appraisals etc.) and there is no upward mobility.
Could have been better
Dedicated Aide (Current Employee) –  Landover, MDDecember 24, 2018
I think that the pay and benefits could be way better. How do you expect people to raise a family and adhere to the cost of living with the low pay and minimum benefits offered.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDAugust 14, 2018
Productive and Fun Workplace, I would refer Howard University to a friend and consider being employed there again. Great Employee benefits, family environment!
Pros
Career Advancements
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Educator
Elementary School Teacher/Data Coach (Current Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDJuly 14, 2018
As an educator, I am presented with various opportunities to shape the minds of young individuals. The job requires long hours both inside and outside of the classroom . There are opportunities for advancement within in the county.
Productive and good place to work for obtaining employment and people skills
SOAR Disability Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Landover, MDNovember 9, 2018
On a typical work day, we attempt to serve more than 100 customers in need of human and social serves, along with managing the stress of each different personality.
Pros
Networking and workplace culture is very good
Cons
Non paid holidays, sick days, and no paid vaction
Exciting opportunity to serve the citizens and residents
COMMUNICATIONS' AIDE (Former Employee) –  Prince George's County, MDJune 4, 2018
Having the opportunity to serve the citizens and residents of Prince George's County was a total blessing. Having the opportunity to learn and grow within a small organization is outstanding.
Pros
Meeting the County Executive
Cons
Short lunch breaks, micro-managing culture
Overworked and underpaid
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Mitchellville, MDApril 3, 2018
As an employee working with kids with severe disabilities can be very demanding and stressful. We work tireless hours trying to satisfy the needs of the students as well as to accommodate the parents. There is a lot of paperwork involved and unnecessary testing. We sometimes have to deal with compulsive and aggressive behaviors that may put us at the risk of getting harm. We are overworked and underpaid for all the things we do.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
no consistent raise, short breaks, and no paid maternity leave
Stay far away
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDNovember 2, 2018
if you "fit in" you will be successful. you can't have your own opinion, because upper management doesn't find that to be appropriate. certain people were allowed to do WHATEVER they wanted without consequence, but I was relieved of my duties without JUST CAUSE. NO<NO<NO< DON'T WORK FOR THEM!!!!!!!!!!!
The Good and The Bad
Constituent Services Liaison, Distract 7 (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDOctober 30, 2018
This can be a very supportive environment if you're working in the right office. If you are not, your work life balance can go out of the window. There are lots of late nights and community interaction, as well as dinners, galas and social events.
Great Place to work!!
Community Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDOctober 26, 2018
o Collaborated with Prince George’s County government, neighborhood associations, and the department of social services to provide quality care for the community residents
o Assisted in eliminating barriers affecting the community
o Assisted community members in becoming informed of different health care options through navigating various available resources
o Participated in interagency collaboration to help community residents become aware of health insurance plans available through the Affordable Care Act
o Submitted monthly data which was reviewed consistently and presented at monthly meetings
Review
General Clerk I/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDSeptember 21, 2018
The job was enjoyable and was not hard at all. Management was great. I learned how to work as a team with my fellow coworkers. The job wasn't hard at all.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDOctober 25, 2018
Nice place to gain experience. Typical day is from 8:30 a.m. to 5p.m. Learned a lot about local government politics. However , not a great place to grow.
Good pay and benefits but stressful environments
Correctional Officer III (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDMarch 12, 2018
Prince George’s county department of corrections is a great career but high stress. Essentially all of your “clientele” do not like you and on certain occasions will try to assault you in various ways. The management is 50/50 good and bad, which at times creates low morale among fellow officers. It is a high liability career as well, because the detainees under your supervision are yours to provide care, custody, and control.
Great if you want to teach, stifling environment to work
Art Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, MDNovember 16, 2018
Limited funds offered to schools in this area

Limited funds equal limited resources for educators

Limited resources equal hostile environment not conducive to teamwork and school goals

A frustrating environment in which students MUST come first but we lack material to make that happen.

If your passion is teaching, however, these are the children that need and desperately want it.
Pros
Sometimes there were great colleagues
Cons
Specialists were given very little school time to plan
Poor salary
Family Specialist Lead (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDNovember 6, 2018
We live in the DC Metro area and the salary was not very good. Even after working for the company several years, the merit increases were not very high.
Productive fast paced at times. Self challenging, much room for growth and development.
Project Coordinator/Administrative Aide III (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDOctober 11, 2018
Most of my days typically revolve around managing and distributing information within my office. Providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. This generally includes answering phones, inputting information into various spread sheets and maintaining files for later use. I am also in charge of sending and receiving correspondence, as well as greeting clients and customers. I Support managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. I am Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. I must have the ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. I direct and lead the work of others. I Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and latitude as expected.
Pros
Great working enviroment
Cons
No cons my job is awesome
Great workplace with decent hours.
Clerk (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDAugust 22, 2018
Great easy job to do. A typical work day is pretty chill. Once you have been trained you are on your own. Management is great. It is like a big family. They are easy to talk to.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDJuly 9, 2018
I enjoyed my job and working with others to accomplish daily tasks. I learned how to be a productive member of a team. Management at the time I worked for the company was insightful and caring before the new administration took over.
Stressful no teamwork concept
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDDecember 9, 2018
This organization showed no vision of advancing to new technologies and only wanted to do what was done 10 years prior. It continued to state this is how it has always been done and was reluctant to change incertain ways to advance