Prince George's County Employee Reviews

Awesome Workplace!
Real Estate Agent, Realty Executive (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDJuly 3, 2018
It's a great place to work! I worked here part-time and enjoyed the team and culture. It was professional, collaborative, and a wonderful experience overall.
high stree
Police Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Prince George's County, MDJuly 3, 2018
police dispatcher very high stressful job. Everyday is something new. The management didn't care about their employees. We worked 4 on 4 off and they were 12 hour days
Enjoyable
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDJune 29, 2018
I have met some very hard-working people since working here. They are very knowledgeable in their profession, yet down to earth. This environment has allowed me the opportunity to learn some new skills while developing and honing the skills I already possess.
Pros
Steady yet relaxed environment
Cons
Contract
Exciting opportunity to serve the citizens and residents
COMMUNICATIONS' AIDE (Former Employee) –  Prince George's County, MDJune 4, 2018
Having the opportunity to serve the citizens and residents of Prince George's County was a total blessing. Having the opportunity to learn and grow within a small organization is outstanding.
Pros
Meeting the County Executive
Cons
Short lunch breaks, micro-managing culture
My Daily
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDMay 1, 2018
Scan in, check emails, check ticket queue, responds to emails, update or close tickets, go on the road to begin my refresh for the current agency and/or run tickets. At times, no lunch break, work through lunch, eat a snack (snicker bar), complete refresh, gather old equipment , load my truck, return the ole equipment to storage, update tickets, then open, update and close tickets for completed refresh deployments. Check emails, respond to emails. Go home.
Pros
Never have time to "watch the clock", always busy. Great people to work around, with and for.
Cons
inconsierate of other peoples time (lunch), inconsiderate of other people personal owned vehicles
Senior Paralegal
Senior Paralegal, Allstate Staff Counsel (Former Employee) –  Prince George's County, MDApril 18, 2018
- Prepared insurance litigation
- Research, drafting affidavits and subpoenas
- Respond to discoveries and various correspondence, clients and witnesses
worst place
Auditor 1 (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDMarch 26, 2018
The Register of Wills is a joke. The management is absolutely horrible and they do not care about any of their employees ONE BIT. This is by far the worst place I have ever worked and I am so glad I left.
Great working environment
Community developer aide (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDMarch 26, 2018
Joined during the summer for the summer intern program
Provided me with working experience in the government office
Very polite staff
Very educational
Good pay and benefits but stressful environments
Correctional Officer III (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDMarch 12, 2018
Prince George’s county department of corrections is a great career but high stress. Essentially all of your “clientele” do not like you and on certain occasions will try to assault you in various ways. The management is 50/50 good and bad, which at times creates low morale among fellow officers. It is a high liability career as well, because the detainees under your supervision are yours to provide care, custody, and control.
Best Hands on environment...
Veterinary Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDNovember 26, 2017
A typical day roughly starts at 7am it can either be smooth or hectic depending on which side of the building you worked on. As far as everything I learned its so much because basically it was hands on from day one start to finish it was never a dull moment. The hardest part of the job is dealing with different managers none of them were ever on the same page when it came to communication so you would receive a lot of mixed messages. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to help the animals because they cant speak for themselves. Also all of the different thing you learn on a daily basis because each day is never the same.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Very exciting
Self Employed Laborer/Handy Man (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 7, 2017
As for a normal it day it was very competative,and I have learn a lot from many co-workers from there trades or job titles plus the company that I recently work for was very co-opperatve in helping those that wanted to learn, and to try and have a future with the company,but to me the hardest part of that jobs trying not to come to work late or not showing up to work and the best about the job was knowing that one could in up with a future there at the company
Pros
Come to work each day, And be grateful of having a job
Cons
Try not to let anything that might put you down, And watch your surrounding
Being a camp counselor
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 28, 2017
My typical work day as a camp counselor i get to work before the kids get to the camp we have a meeting about what we have today for the kids and how much time we will have on that particular activity and we pick and choose what the kids will play or what they will do for the day and we set up up field trips etc.What i learned from working as a camp counselor i learned i have to have a lot of patients because they are just little kids and they don't know no better so you have to be very patient. Working as camp counselor you deal with a lot of bad kids and good kids and you have to keep them under control we know that kids have a lot of energy so we just keep the occupied by playing games with them. The fun part about my job was i got to interact with different people and learn new things about people and enjoy the time i had time with kids
Pros
free lunch
Cons
really didn't have brakes
I had some Productive day and some Non-Productive Days
Dedicated Aide (Former Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 14, 2017
My Opinion

Typical day at was dealing with the kids behavior which was sometimes easy depending on the days and the kids.
I have learned alot about the kids behaviors and how to help them to with their disabilities.
Management was great.
Workplace Culture was somewhat great.
The hardest part of the job would be dealing with disrespectful kids, some of the staff.
The most enoyable part of the job was my faboulous and Beautful Co-workers who i enjoyed working with so much. They gave me alot of insight about things, including my personal life. I love them dearly and I will always hold them in my heart.
Pros
Working with Great Staff
Cons
Working with disrespectful kids.
fun place
Happy Summers Pool Management (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDSeptember 8, 2017
It's a very good place of business. Just miner issue with the job. Management is not bad at all. I love the people they are cool to work with. I will tell someone that it is a okay job.
productive
Orthodontic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MDSeptember 2, 2017
A typical day at work is very fast but careful ,they are organized and helpful people to work with. Most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the patients.
Pros
organized and relabile
Cons
nothing
Tradition of service to it's citizens
Special Assistant to the County Executive (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDAugust 21, 2017
Serving the citizens of Prince George's County, Maryland I enjoyed planning and executing the County Executive's schedule and responding to a number of different tasks and assignments to further the goals of the County Executive and Prince George's County.
Police Department
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Landover, MDAugust 13, 2017
Prince Georges County Police Department has hundreds of Officers, it is a high stress environment, but they do provide months of training to ensure that all officers are trained properly.
Constituent Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Landover, MDAugust 10, 2017
Great experience, great mentors, ok professional environment, well organized, is a quick paced environment, managers are otherwise supportive, I enjoy helping customers
cool place to work
Hardware Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George's County, MDJuly 20, 2017
You can learn how to use different types of tools. I made keys and did demos on a lot of the objects in my section. Able to use different types of forklifts. Nice warehouse feel.
Not a good place to work .especially for highly motivated individuals
Engineer Technician (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDJuly 11, 2017
Not a very good environment to work in . No room for growth and no training opportunities. All decisions are political or self promoting .No real concern for citizens unless they are politically connected.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
To many to list