Prince Telecom Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Piece work
Installer - Cable TV\Internet (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 13, 2018
Installed cable and internet for customers. Get paid by pieces installed on the job. Worked outside, so at the mercy of the weather. Fast paced environment.
Great place
Installation Coordinator, Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJJuly 13, 2018
I was kept quite busy, and was encouraged to help train others in Dispatching, and Customer Service.

My project Manager produced a position just for me which became a position in all the offices across the country.
Not a place for the faint of heart
Installer / Alarm Technician (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJuly 12, 2018
Crazy work hours and 6 days a week. They also keep cutting codes for payout. You also get a work truck that you have to pay fuel for. So if you are thinking of working here factor in $80 a week in fuel and 12 - 14 hours a day on the road.
fun energetic eniviroment
Field Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 3, 2018
fun work place. co-workers work together on getting a job done. good environment to work. on hands training. managers work well with employees. just a lot of time spent at work due to certain job duties.
Pros
on job training
Cons
time spent away from home
Installer/Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 26, 2018
there is no real work and you cannot make anyways near a grand a week my checks were around 2 to 3 hundred they love suspending people for drive cam violations like following to close or late braking and you will get fired for this even if you are the number 1 tech in the shop.
Stressful
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 4, 2018
They dont care for employee health or well-being and they expect you to work a 60+ hour work week. You dont go home until there's no more work. Could be a 12 hour day, could be 14+. Also, its piece work with low compensation.
Work wasn’t bad, shifts were
Cable Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Westville, NJMay 29, 2018
Prince telecom is an interested place to work if you’re independent. I worked for a bit there, and although I did not get paid for the first four weeks(they don’t tell you that in the interview) it can be a decent job. Shifts were bad, 10 hour shifts were the norm and it wasn’t worth being paid per job. Trainer was cool and so were coworkers but higher ups didn’t have a clue.
Pros
Free time
Cons
Piece pay, Managers, shifts
My typical day at work
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAMay 15, 2018
I wish I was still working for this company. We had a great team and we all worked very well with one other. I had great leaders there. Every morning it was job to get the cable techs all their needs for their work flow for the day. We only had so much time so the morning was stressful because techs needed to be on time to customers homes. They would but parts orders in well they were there and once I got them all out in the field, I would pull their parts for them so they would be ready for pick up the following morning. I would also order the supplies we would need and drove a box truck to drop off and pick up cable supplies. Drove a sit down forklift to load and unload truck. Used pallet jack as well. Kept a inventory on everything coming in and out of warehouse and performed monthly audits.
No life, perfect job for you
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMay 14, 2018
The work/life balance is very poor. Not much room for growth. Very high turnover rate. The company does provide tools and a vehicle to work out of. Technicians should invest in higher quality tools.
Good then bad managment
Lead Field Technician FTE (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 7, 2018
When i started working at Prince Telecom it was a great place to work. After a change of managers it went downhill fast. Under the new manager the company faced multiple class action lawsuits.
weekly paychecks help
Underground Lineman (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAApril 27, 2018
working with this company is a hard working bunch, there are only about 6 people for the underground department traveling around Washington, Idaho, and parts of Oregon.
no support
Cable Contractor (Former Employee) –  WisconsinApril 24, 2018
work in the field alone with little to no support. if you need anything you have to call a 1800 number and wait on hold just like customer do. work/pay is piece rate and no matter how long it takes your not allowed to go home till everything is done in multiple cities
Stressful but pays well.
Cable Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Red Lion, PAApril 18, 2018
The work itself is good. The managment could use a lesson or two about listening to their employees. This job is best for those who are good with people but are more or less loners as most of you're time will spent working and weekends are rarely ever free.
Disorganized and cutthroat
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 12, 2018
When originally hired, i was trained for the job in four weeks with limited knowledge of telephone wiring. Upon telling my manager, he said "I'm not worried about that, you are ready". I started off receiving the higher paying and "easier" jobs in my first couple months. I should have known that when the veterans of the job, so to speak, mentioned that they were all of a sudden given the low paying jobs and longer hours. I was naive and never thought that I'd soon be in the same boat. Also, the manager and supervisors loved to call up the technicians that made mistakes the day or two prior and make an example of them in front of the other technicians. Very unprofessional.
Pros
Company car
Cons
long hours, little compensation, high expectations.
Long hours, 6 days+ a week schedule
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCApril 11, 2018
Long hours, 6 days+ a week schedule, bad management and no advancement opportunity, there were days you would work 15 hours, and days you would work 4 and pay was based off how many jobs you got done, so how ever many jobs you could squeeze into those hours made you your money.
Its a nice place to work.
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 26, 2018
You work along you meet new people everyday. You work outside everyday in all elements. You drive the company vehicle the hardest part of the job is dealing with the elements outside..you got cold weather snow, wind and hot days.
prince
Cable Technician Contractor (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAMarch 25, 2018
prince contracted for charter and management was horrible, they didnt train you and they didnt provide you with all of the tools necessary to get the job done
Wouldn't work there again
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAMarch 14, 2018
Bad Management. Rate of pay was awful and overly competitive. Management was horrible. Working conditions were horrible. Routing was awful as was the pay system.
Cable Technician/Installer (Former Employee) –  Little Chute, WIMarch 11, 2018
Great place to work but lousy pay and not a good job to have in the winter months..it can be Brutal!!but if you can get past the lousy pay and the cold weather..I would say give it a shot.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Pay
cable Tech. Not for everybody.
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCFebruary 26, 2018
In that field came stress times but you work it out and call for help if needed, everyone work hard to get they jobs done and was good at. Company was great for learning.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prince Telecom. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight