Prince Telecom Employee Reviews

Cable Tech
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 18, 2019
It was a great experience. Good company to work for. Had no issues. They provided me with my own company truck to work in and to take home if I chose to.
Long hours, little pay.
Installer (Current Employee) –  York, PAApril 10, 2019
The only way to make money as a cable contractor is to be a terrible technician. It is not possible to properly serve a customer when all you can think about is how quickly you can leave so your hourly pay doesn't drop below minimum wage. I started here able to install Cable, Internet, Phone, and Home Security. Sadly, the only jobs that pay well are the home security ones. These jobs often take the longest (if you take the appropriate amount of time and educate your customers) and therefore end up paying just okay since you just spent 3 hours there.

Expect a camera in your company truck monitoring everything you do behind the wheel.

Expect a manager who is too stressed out about keeping the business afloat to assist you in career progression.

Expect long hours, and low pay.

Expect to be up at 6AM to look at your company provided phone (but not be allowed to clock in for it)

Expect to be treated like a thug off the street, since it's impossible to keep technicians for any length of time.
Pros
Independence
Cons
DriveCam, Pay, expensive benefits
Great relationship with the people when you saw them. Long hours.
Technical Trainer/Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Westville, NJFebruary 12, 2019
The company had great management and the you work hard for your pay. Great experience for understanding the back end of video, hsd, voip, and basic security.
Pros
Independent and self managed.
Cons
Compensation did not reflect hours.
Very productive.
Telephone Operator (Current Employee) –  Albertville, ALFebruary 7, 2019
I enjoy working with my co-workers and the techs that I talk too every day. I just wished that the pay would compensate for the cost of living and be more for what we do.
Pros
An hour lunch, and being able to take a quick break if need too, as well as my boss works with anyone on everything concerning sickness or emergencies.
Cons
I wished that the pay would compensate for the cost of living and be more for what we do.
I loved my manager
Human Resources Clerk for West Coast & SC District (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAFebruary 6, 2019
Working in HR was a tough gig but the people I worked with made it worth the struggle. If I could've stayed longer there I would have but it was a tough time in my life and I had to move on.
Pros
Great people and opportunities.
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Albertville, ALJanuary 30, 2019
More like family than co workers. Everyone is always there to help in any way possible. I loved the job. Super Easy desk job. Flexible hours. The supervisors are very nice.
Not Much to Say
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 28, 2019
They try to hold you hostage. when you tell them you are leaving to go work for another company for more money they treat a long term employee like Garbage.
Pros
Company truck
Cons
Drive cam
The good the bad and the ugly?
Field Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Post Falls, IDJanuary 18, 2019
Prince itself is a decent enough place to work. I have had the pleasure of working for/with the best manager I have ever had. The money is there if you want to work hard to get it. Although they have introduced a new "safe ladder" that is more dangerous than actually being on a ladder without harness for "safety reasons."
Being a contractor has its disadvantages. 1 being you are stuck with the same payouts that the main company gives. 2 you are at the mercy of the main companies routing on whether you get a good or bad route. 3 Charter (Spectrum) sucks to be a contractor for.

Charter pays so little for the crazy amount of work you have to do to meet TQA expectations. On top of which it is a serious toss of the coin on whether any of your 4 TV boxes actually work or not or if the work order isn't so totally screwed up that you have to spend 1-2 hours on the phone to get anything to work. And no matter what the reason for a 'return visit' is, your repeat rates tank. Customer owned modem goes bad within 30 days? BAM theres a repeat for ya. One of Charters splitters goes bad after you leave BAM another mark.

If you choose Prince I hope you are in the Comcast market and try to get business class asap. Business and home security are where it's at!
Hard work pay off as a tech only
Technician (Former Employee) –  DelawareJanuary 14, 2019
harder you work more you make

management is clueless of what we do

culture is low

getting a money route

dealing with not knowing if your coming or going
Pros
good pay for simply work
Cons
poor structure
Good place to work for
Cable Technician Contractor (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTNovember 20, 2018
My supervisor was easy to talk to with a great deal of knowledge.
Work day is basically done on your own with appointments throughout the day.
Some days you are working long hours and some days are short days.
demanding
Cable Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYNovember 14, 2018
A lot of holidays worked, fast paced and very demanding, lots of hours and overtime worked but it did not seem like it was worth it and never felt like i was making any progress.
Small business vibes corporate benefits
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Las vegasNovember 10, 2018
Aways had a chance to travel or to move up in the team, its backed by a bigger corporations but local management made it more personal like a mom and pop business, I felt valued as an employee.
hard days
CABLE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 6, 2018
Prince Telecom is one of the company that can be flexible but time spend on service daily can be very very exhausting, day are very longs and nights are too short.
Pros
freedom on the field
Cons
low salary compare to non contractors
Welcome to contractor work.
Comcast & Spectrum Cable Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Marmora, NJNovember 3, 2018
As a contractor to comcast the company is put in a position to look after itself and not the technicians that make it run. Constant disputes between company, employees, and comcast make earning momey nearly impossible.
Pros
Company truck
Cons
Everything including no gas card.
bad company to work
Installer Technician (Former Employee) –  Marmora, NJOctober 22, 2018
cant work In a company like that, I can believe I spend my time and knowledge on this company, management is extremely bad, cant be around this kind of employers
Pros
nothing
Cons
bad management
Management Support
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Washington StateOctober 13, 2018
My direct manager was very supportive in assisting with day to day operations and tackling problems as they arose. Management also allowed a flexible work schedule and to work remotely as needed.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Owner of company is a tyrant
Contractor job.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 8, 2018
They provide vehicles but you pay gas. Vehicles are not serviced on time, becomes gas guzzler. No extra vehicle that you can switch while it gets serviced. Very poor management and i felt they were biased when giving jobs.
Different Shifts
overnight router (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEOctober 1, 2018
Shift will change with no notice. Opportunity no avaiable there are no benefits unless you have been with the company for a period of time. The lay off came at a big surprise.
Fun Job
Custom Installer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 23, 2018
It was a great job for me, I was pretty much my own boss. I worked directly with the Comcast supervisors. Me and partner would go out to jobs at homes and apartment complexs.
Pros
Own boss
Cons
Worked in all kinds of weather
Poor upper management
Administrative and Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTAugust 14, 2018
Policies are put in place and then not followed. Pretty much managers can do what they want no matter what policy/procedures are in place. No appreciation or added "benefits" for their support staff.
Pros
Work schedule
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prince Telecom. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight