Prince William County Government Employee Reviews

Extremely poor management
Senior Property Code Enforcement Inspector (Current Employee) –  Prince William County, VAMay 19, 2018
Poor management, zero employee recognition, not trustworthy. My department is run by someone who lacks leadership skills, who does not believe in team building and turns a blind eye to the terribly low morale within our office.
Used to be ok
Deputy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMay 19, 2018
The county itself has really high rates for insurance for family or employee and dependent rates, it eats into your paycheck quite a bit. The salaries could be better as well. The clerk's office specifically, use to be stressful and a new clerk was elected, who has created an intimidating work place environment. Speak your mind at a cost.
Excellent company to work for; however, management needs training
Administrative Support Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMay 18, 2018
I worked in an administrative position with Prince William County. I enjoyed the work hours and the short commute. The position that I was in did not allow me to advance. The county has several programs in place to help you advance however, your supervisor has to be willing to allow you the time to go to training. I would say that I would work for the county again, however, choose your department wisely. Find out exactly how many individuals have worked in that positon and the reason for leaving. If you find that position is open frequently find out why. Some individuals have worked for the county for several years and need new manager style. While working there I also felt that manager didn't care about you as a person just as long as you were getting the work done.
Also make sure you get fairly compensated.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Healthcare
A family oriented community
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMay 11, 2018
It was a pleasure working in Prince William County. A good family community. I enjoyed my time residing in Woodbridge, Prince William. A new resident will enjoy living in the community.
Bus Driver
Bus Driver, Special Needs (Former Employee) –  Bristow, VAApril 14, 2018
Job provided many benefits, If I didn't have to relocate I would still be employed there. I worked with special needs and it was a very rewarding job to do as helping out those in need.
Pros
working with children with special needs
Cons
split shift
Very poor leaders
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 5, 2018
If you want to cry daily and get sexually harassed go there. No one will help you. You are on your own. People in power will look after themselves. No team work.
Benefits
Cons
No advancement
VERY poor management at Library!!!
Finance (Former Employee) –  Library AdminMarch 27, 2018
Cut throat Management, not trustworthy, sneaky, poor pay. The Finance Director cause havoc throughout the library and the environment is very toxic. Even the employees under her are brought to tears and they are scared to the point that they turn on each other to save themselves. Very sad situation as everyone knows it but does nothing about it.
Pros
Cons
Management needs to retire
N/a
Professional Firefighter (Current Employee) –  Prince William, VAMarch 17, 2018
Knowledge, experience and training in emergency medical services and fire suppression. Requires skill in using and maintaining equipment and apparatus.
Pwcsb
Intensive In-Home Counselor (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAFebruary 24, 2018
I enjoyed working for Prince William County Services Board and would seek opportunities there if I was still currently living in the area. My supervisors were awesome. Everyone was eager to assist and the environment was very positive.
Pros
Collaboration
Cons
Part time
Faced paced, but enjoyable
Corrections Officer (Former Employee) –  Prince William County, VAFebruary 6, 2018
Working in a jail is stressful, you have home stress and job stress. But i was able to balance both, i enjoyed my job and learned something new everyday.
Prince William ADC
Jail Officer (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAJanuary 27, 2018
The ADC is a good place to work while you look for a different job. Your starting pay is enough to live off of but do not expect it to get better over time.
Pros
Little
Cons
Stressful
Excellent
Elections Officer (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJanuary 15, 2018
Excellent place to work with goo people. Job required a lot of attention to detail and is stressful at times. Overall this was a great place to work and great leadership.
Job Security
Jail Officer (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJanuary 11, 2018
As a correctional officer you get the benefits of being an officer without having to be on the streets. You deal with both sexes at minimum to maximum custody levels. You will work 12 hour shifts both days and nights. You have opportunities to move up or move to specialty units.
Great place to live and work!
Management and Fiscal Analyst (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 2, 2018
Prince William County Government is a great place for leadership development and overall professional growth. The work environment is supportive and management strives to develop their employees.
Pros
Friendly work environment.
Cons
The area is not as developed as the larger surrounding counties.
Great atmosphere
Head Camp Counselor, CSR, (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VADecember 31, 2017
I work full-time as the Head Camp Counselor all summer long. I love to work with people and experience their different views and personalities. The workplace culture is great. We all work together as a team.
Pros
Management is awesome!
Strong supportive work environment
DD Suport Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VADecember 11, 2017
Prince William County is great work place that offers stability and supports family. The goal to maintain a work life balance but it is sometimes difficult because of the current job demands.
Leadership Difficulties
Probation Officer II (Current Employee) –  Mānā, HIDecember 10, 2017
Management is not concerned with understanding employees job responsibilities but are rather just concerned with adding more job responsibilities. Management also has a lack of direction with leadership. Each supervisor has a different idea of what is required and also how to do what is required. There is no consistent form of leadership.
Great place to work, team environment
Accounting Services Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VANovember 28, 2017
I love working for PWC, I wish they would pay more and would have more chances or an easier progression for advancement We provide excellent customer service to Prince William County by assisting with benefits including food stamps and job training.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Potential
PRN Relief Worker (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VANovember 26, 2017
Has potential to b a great place to work but suffers from the same typical issues at facilities where there is lack of communication and consistency between shifts.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Too much change at once/Lack of team morale
Perhaps the best place I have ever worked
Programming Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dale City, VANovember 25, 2017
I was the IT Programming Department Supervisor, and this was a great job. Most of my staff were extremely good, I could count on, they were productive, capable, mature, and just very good people.

County supported Departments and Agencies were filled with dedicated staff.

My superiors were excellent! The Operations Department manager was friendly, very capable, and very helpful! The office staff were friendly and always willing to assist.

Had I stayed I would have been retired by now, but I had a moral decision to make regarding family.
Pros
Great people and great job