Prince William County Government Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great atmosphere, positive team training and experience.
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAAugust 18, 2018
Management was usually good, intense for training, but laid back otherwise. The people I worked with helped me stay for as long as I did. The hardest part of the job is training, it always hits tough when a scenario goes wrong for lack of communication. Seeing so many guards come and go, watching each grow in their own way has been a lot of fun for me.
Pros
Always keeping busy, diligent
Cons
hours can be hard to come by with large numbers of staff.
Prince William County Teacher
2nd Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  Prince William, VAAugust 8, 2018
Great school system to work for. Up to date on all of the newest teaching methods. Great use of technology in the classroom. Many opportunities for growth through professional development.
Pros
Great hours. Summer off. Good benefits.
Good workplace
Grounds Crew Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAAugust 4, 2018
You know going in what to expect for the day no surprises. Each employee has a role to play. Equipment and tools well taken care of just the right shine and polish on everything
Pros
lucheons
Cons
n?a
Stressful at times
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 29, 2018
Stressful at times. They have great benefits. Lots of availability to get time off. County matches what you put into 401k. It's shift work it rotates 4 days on 4 days on
Pros
Good benefits, availability for plenty of paid days off
Cons
Cab be stressful and very busy
Its ok
Jail Officer (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 17, 2018
Nothing to say at the moment. I cannot tell right now if this is going to me the right decision for me at the time. you never know what it is really like until you work in the environment and sometimes it definitely can be very stressful
Unconducive work environment and frequent threat and intimidation
Social Worker, (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 16, 2018
Autocratic style of leadership, frequent intimidation, nepotism by the leadership. Constructive criticism not welcome by the Social Services Director.
Pros
pay
Cons
abuse of employees, frequent intimidation by the Social Services Director and her crony friends
Detention Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Dumfries, VAJune 19, 2018
My overall rating of PWC is, it is a great place to work. I am employee at the JDC, many times staff have to remain over in order to provide security
The Library is an Awful Place to Work
Librarian/Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  VAJune 15, 2018
I only learned how corrupt, discriminatory, and rude the library management is. There is no opportunity for advancement unless you are part of their friendship group.The new director and the hiring manager are terrible, they break all the hiring rules. I wish someone investigates them. I don't recommend working here. Horrible experience.
Friendly coworkers
Therapist II (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJune 10, 2018
Some of the nicest coworkers I have had (depends on which department you work in). One of the best options around for those early in the process of entering the mental health field.
Extremely poor management
Senior Property Code Enforcement Inspector (Current Employee) –  Prince William County, VAMay 19, 2018
Poor management, zero employee recognition, not trustworthy. My department is run by someone who lacks leadership skills, who does not believe in team building and turns a blind eye to the terribly low morale within our office.
Used to be ok
Deputy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMay 19, 2018
The county itself has really high rates for insurance for family or employee and dependent rates, it eats into your paycheck quite a bit. The salaries could be better as well. The clerk's office specifically, use to be stressful and a new clerk was elected, who has created an intimidating work place environment. Speak your mind at a cost.
Excellent company to work for; however, management needs training
Administrative Support Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMay 18, 2018
I worked in an administrative position with Prince William County. I enjoyed the work hours and the short commute. The position that I was in did not allow me to advance. The county has several programs in place to help you advance however, your supervisor has to be willing to allow you the time to go to training. I would say that I would work for the county again, however, choose your department wisely. Find out exactly how many individuals have worked in that positon and the reason for leaving. If you find that position is open frequently find out why. Some individuals have worked for the county for several years and need new manager style. While working there I also felt that manager didn't care about you as a person just as long as you were getting the work done.
Also make sure you get fairly compensated.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Healthcare
A family oriented community
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMay 11, 2018
It was a pleasure working in Prince William County. A good family community. I enjoyed my time residing in Woodbridge, Prince William. A new resident will enjoy living in the community.
Bus Driver
Bus Driver, Special Needs (Former Employee) –  Bristow, VAApril 14, 2018
Job provided many benefits, If I didn't have to relocate I would still be employed there. I worked with special needs and it was a very rewarding job to do as helping out those in need.
Pros
working with children with special needs
Cons
split shift
Very poor leaders
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 5, 2018
If you want to cry daily and get sexually harassed go there. No one will help you. You are on your own. People in power will look after themselves. No team work.
Benefits
Cons
No advancement
VERY poor management at Library!!!
Finance (Former Employee) –  Library AdminMarch 27, 2018
Cut throat Management, not trustworthy, sneaky, poor pay. The Finance Director cause havoc throughout the library and the environment is very toxic. Even the employees under her are brought to tears and they are scared to the point that they turn on each other to save themselves. Very sad situation as everyone knows it but does nothing about it.
Pros
Cons
Management needs to retire
N/a
Professional Firefighter (Current Employee) –  Prince William, VAMarch 17, 2018
Knowledge, experience and training in emergency medical services and fire suppression. Requires skill in using and maintaining equipment and apparatus.
Pwcsb
Intensive In-Home Counselor (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAFebruary 24, 2018
I enjoyed working for Prince William County Services Board and would seek opportunities there if I was still currently living in the area. My supervisors were awesome. Everyone was eager to assist and the environment was very positive.
Pros
Collaboration
Cons
Part time
Faced paced, but enjoyable
Corrections Officer (Former Employee) –  Prince William County, VAFebruary 6, 2018
Working in a jail is stressful, you have home stress and job stress. But i was able to balance both, i enjoyed my job and learned something new everyday.
Prince William ADC
Jail Officer (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAJanuary 27, 2018
The ADC is a good place to work while you look for a different job. Your starting pay is enough to live off of but do not expect it to get better over time.
Pros
Little
Cons
Stressful