Prince William County Public Schools

Prince William County Public Schools Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Working for PWCS is great. The work life balance is flexible and there are many opportunties for advancement. A typical day is collaborative and management is great.
Requires a lot of patience and hard work, but worth it to help kids succeed.
This job is very fulfilling but requires a lot of dedication and doesn't always come with as much support as what may feel needed. Finding the right school with the right administration and colleagues is key to having a well-rounded experience where making daily sacrifices and tough decisions are valued and worth it for the sake of helping children learn and become better people than they were when they entered the building that day.
Awesome place
Awesome place to work my experience there for ten years was amazing if I didn't move so far away I would've live still working there I would go back in a heart beat.
Pros
Work environments awesone
Cons
Can't complain
Great experience teaching with children
Its best satisfaction to teach children and make them confident and happy. Work with other teachers to provide best education to Elementary school students.
Nice place to work, but challenging at times...
Great group of people to work with. This is a very family-oriented atmosphere.

Management could use some improvement in communicating better with all employees. Focus on increasing the value of ALL employees -- not just the professional staff. ALL employees matter, this includes their efforts, their time, their accomplishments and their overall input that supports the efforts of the professionals, administration and other staff.

Classified staff should not be overlooked and given more opportunities for recognition.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Good place to be!
Good company, okay pay, wonderful sense of purpose. I love having the chance to truly make a difference in kids' lives! Depending on your position within the company, there is an opportunity for flexibility in your schedule.
Pros
Making a difference, diversity, inclusion
Cons
Pay could be better
Dishroom and server
Food Service is a hard job, but is very interesting for me because i have the opportunity to learn differents routing of work.

In my job there are people from different countries and they are very friendly and they help me when i need.
Excellent work place and friendly coworkers
I loved working in the three different setting at PWCS but my driving commute and my recent graduation is leading to seek for another position.
Gar-Filed H.S. is a place where people are really helpful and friendly.
Great expereience for those that want to become teachers
I normally get to work with middle and high school kids. Teachers are great at helping when I need help. The hardest part of the job is not locating the classroom, but there are always teachers, administrative, and students there to help.
Teachers are great
The teachers are great. Enjoyed working with the teachers and parents. The culture of the school is okay, it could be better, but is moving towards a better environment. Some of the staff members care about you as a person. The families and students are wonderful.
Substitute
I'm a substitute teacher. Every day is a different experience. So far I have enjoyed substitute work for P.E. and special education. I have done some elementary school but mostly in middle school. Every school has its own flavor.
Work some place else.
The route managers and administrators were so rude and disrespectful to me. They carried a tone says yoy will leave with the problem you need help with. Don't bother us. They stick every complaint under your nose with an air of condemnation instead of checking the video tape. The four hour midday break means you won't make the money you think. When you take your bus in for mmaintenance
Opportunities abound to be a small part of the success of the students.
Loved my position(s) throughout the years I worked for the county, felt as if I made a difference, which was fulfilling. Training opportunities were offered on a continual basis, online training available 24/7. Communication from the top could be improved, as many times employees learned about significant changes only one they were put into place,
Overall Decent Experience
Overall Decent Experience, Improve Management skills, improve salary and benefits.
Collaboration with teachers and other staff members was a positive experience.
I love my job. Seeing and interacting with our students is the best part of my job.
Prince William County Schools gives me the flexibility to work during the hours my kids are in school and the convenience of having the same days off as my children. We are always learning recipes and receive training for new standards in customer service and sanitation procedures.
Awesome place to work!
I have really enjoyed working here! The staff and administration do an awesome job to help me succeed in the classroom. The students are awesome, and I am lucky to have this job in this location
Productive, keeps you on your toes~
Enjoyed working with the children. The co workers are great to work with, and the Chairperson, is always a delight and she's very understanding.

Working with Special Needs is a challenge, but well worth it!
great place to work
great place to work, can't beat the schedule, great employees, upper management support, great training opportunity for advancement, transferring to other schools, great substitute program
Working for county is good
Pay could be a little better its overall okay i like it picking up kids taking them to school safely making sure they're safe greeting them with a smile and hello
Productive and had gym to use
I worked from 6 AM till 9:30 AM then went back at 1:30 until 5:00 PM.
Some days I had trips in between that lasted till I was due back for the afternoon. I learned to stay to myself. Some of the management was really nice but others were not. The hardest part of the job was being on the bus some days as much as 10 hours. The most rewarding part was to see students that at the beginning of the school year couldn't talk or get up on to the bus without help. By the end of school the y were doing both things.
Enjoyed my tenure with Pr Wm County schools
Although there is always some stress and long hours ,I loved working and growing along with my students. It had been an enriching experience and I Happily put forth my best effort to insure each child received the very best educational experience to meet that child’s individual needs. I have been retired for 3 yrs and I am eager to find a challenging position in teaching children in the Venice area of FlaFlorida
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prince William County Public Schools. Our community is ready to answer.