Princess Cruises Employee Reviews

beautiful scenery
Bartender (Former Employee) –  the McKinley express trainJanuary 15, 2019
a typical day at work I get on the train about 2:15 AM we pick up passengers at the ship about 6:45 Am we take them to their destination pickup passengers to go back to the ship and arrive back at the ship about 6:22 pm and then disembark the train about 8:pm get on a motorcoach and go back to where we started then get back up and be on the train the next morning at 5:30 AM
Pros
free lunches
Fast faced work place
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJanuary 10, 2019
Plan your months of work makes some money and most of all enjoy the life offer onboard despite of all challenges and take turns in every situation you got.
Pros
Tax free salary based
Cons
Long hours of wok
Typical large company
Fleet Cost Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJanuary 7, 2019
Pleasant work environment, except for the constant freezing office temperature. 9/80 work schedule available for most departments. Mostly very bad management.
Pros
Travel discounts
Cons
Everything else
Great Company
OneSource/ Revenue Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAJanuary 2, 2019
This is a great company that provides excellent benefits. There are many friendly employees and lots of room for growth within the company. Princess is great at assisting their employees with any special requests or needs with their scheduling.
Job. Security
Accommodation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJanuary 2, 2019
Job security. Work/life balance doesn't exist... Seeing a world, depends on position. Perks it. Doesn't exist on the lower positions..................
working with Princess cruise provided
Musician/Bassist (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 1, 2019
CONS
Cabin Fever - Itineraries vary. You may be on a ship that stops regularly at ports of call but you may also be at sea for several days in a row. Cabin fever can kick in if you find you miss your corner coffee shop or the park down the street, or that it’s been a while since you've hang out with other people. Which brings us to...

Relations and Personal Projects - If you have a family, you are married or involved in a serious relationship with somebody, being away for long periods of time might prove difficult. You are more likely to miss your kids’ life-events, skip anniversaries, and be absent for birthdays. You may feel lonely, even while you are surrounded by hundreds of extraordinary people —these people may not be the ones you crave to see. There will be times when you wish you could be a taxi ride or phone call away from your loved ones but instead, you are at sea in a different time zone.

Keeping up with other aspects of your life can also be challenging. If you have a personal project on the go, for instance, a business, a band, an album, a large puzzle... You will need to put it on hold for the duration of your contract.

The People - People might be a blessing, and we will talk about that a few lines down this article. But people may also be a hurdle. You will likely be sharing a cabin and there is no guarantee your roommate will become your best friend. In addition, your living space will also be your workspace, so depending on how you look at it, you will live at work or work at home. Either way, you will be bumping into your colleagues and possibly
  more... your audience members even when you are not working. In other words, while you may get downtime, your respectful and courteous manners may never get time off. Finally, with regards to people and personality, if you value your alone time, keep in mind that it might be difficult to find it while on a ship.

PROS
The People - If you love meeting people and making friends from all over the world, cruise ship gigs will be like a dream come true. You will be working and hanging out with colleagues from different countries and backgrounds. You might even find the love of your life! No, really! We cannot name names, but we can tell you there are a few members of the Proship team who are married to their cruise ship sweethearts.

Playing full time - How shall we put this… you will be playing music and getting paid for it. Full time. You’ll get to play challenging music to big audiences on a regular basis. This not only means ample chances to practice but also getting to do what you love for a living. What’s more, while you are having fun on stage, you will be effortlessly transported to a whole new destination.

Traveling - Seems obvious, but it’s worth mentioning nonetheless! Cruise gigs are adventure gigs. You will see places you didn’t even know existed. You will get to experience countries you may never have been able to travel to otherwise. Not to mention, you will always be only a few steps away from an incredible ocean view.

The money - You are working and traveling in style. Of course, your sleeping and eating quarters are very different from the onboard guests’, but you are still living the life. You never have to worry about laundry, cleaning, or groceries while you are working on a ship. You don’t need to pay rent or electricity bills. All the money you’ll make (and don’t spend on drinks or at a destination) you’ll get to keep.
Pros
The People - If you love meeting people and making friends from all over the world, cruise ship gigs will be like a dream come true. Traveling, The money
Cons
Cabin Fever, Relations and Personal Projects, Keeping up with other aspects of your life can also be challenging.
Initial pros don't outweigh the cons
ASSISTANT CAST MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CADecember 18, 2018
While initially its very appealing to work for a major cruise line, the on board day to day working environment can be frustrating at times. Princess is very keen to promote from within, usually with very little education and training for the higher up positions which result in incompetency in certain departments. Because I was hired to provide very specific skills, I did not have this problem personally in my department but witnessed it first hand every day.
Fantastic Overall
Dance Captain (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 10, 2018
Princess Cruises is a fantastic company to work for as a Dancer. You perform world class shows whilst travelling. The quality of life on board and the professionalism is second to none. Just need to improve pay to get in line with competing lines.
Pros
Time Off, Calibre of Show
Cons
Underpaid compared to other Lines
Awesome company
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CADecember 9, 2018
I enjoyed the in class and self paced learning modules. I enjoyed the benefits they provide for their employees. The benefits are some of the best in the industry including discounts on cruises.
Pros
Very strict on attendance
Cons
Great environment
The agents made this place shine!
Sales Specialist (Telecommute) (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CADecember 5, 2018
If you are looking for cruise privileges, this is the job to work! When I say "privileges" I mean just the room. You pay airfare, taxes and fees and whatever you spend on the ship. Great sales pitch to get you hyped up about working for this company! The agents you work alongside are great, everyone is supportive and encouraging. (I only mean the agents) and of course that is because you are all taking in the same stress. Everyone is expected to sale so many cruises by call volume and I mean that seems realistic if only you weren't counted against for non sales calls! So you stress----fully work your soul off to receive a sales bonus that couldn't pay a utility bill! And your employment is contingent upon you meeting your sales goals set by management. Oh let me add you don't have the ability to be yourself and sell the cruise, you have to meet Quality Assurance standards also. Meaning, if you dont follow their word for word way of handling a call, you will be tallied twice a month and if you fail to meet a high percentage by sounding like a robot... Well, you will lose your job! So just make sure you are prepared to sound like a robot to you, and to them when you sound robotic be prepared to be yourself but also be prepared to be marked down for that! And do not be fooled by management they too are robots to their agents but if you work in the office you will see them hanging around, sitting on each others desks shooting the sh** but unavailable to you. And don't expect to ask for help face to face. Wait for your answer via email or Skype. So ask the person on the line to hold  more... on while you look up info but dont make them hold too long or you will lose your job for that also! Lastly on a positive note you do accumulate vacation, bonus vacation and sick time. BUTTTT If you call in sick just be prepared! You will not get a full paid sick day, only 3.08 hours even if you have 1,000 hours of sick time! Oh wait, if you get your sick time pre-approved you will get all hours paid! I mean I know when I'm going to catch the flu, dont you? And if you want a vacation day off, no problem just make sure you company vacation bucket is full because they only give so many hours a day for someone to call off so even if you again have 1,000 hours of vacation you can only use them when there is time available. Don't worry! There are only 500 agents and 40 hours of vacation time to use a day! Good luck prospects!  less
Pros
401k and health
Cons
Everything else!
Busy but fulfilling
Specialist, Wayport Entertainers (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CADecember 4, 2018
The vast majority of time is used working. And when I mean working, it is by answering a barrage of emails, coordinating between vendors, as well as employees shore side and on board. Beyond communicating, there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes to ensure everything is safe and law abiding. Tons of detailed clerical work.
The best part of the job is the people who are your coworkers as they are happy and positive and help get you through the day.
Pros
positive work environment
Cons
overwhelming amount of work.
ambiente stimolante
Head waiter (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA, USNovember 29, 2018
Great experience,team,accuracy,dedication,love it!
Pros
esperienze internazionali
Good working environment
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cruise shipNovember 28, 2018
I learned more while working there
Improve communication
Made me a better person and able to work with others
Be more capable of handling pressure
Able to relate to management
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Breaks
Interesting experience
Buffet Steward (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 26, 2018
Excellent place to work when you are young and hungry for experience, I have learned a lot about hospitality in a hotel on water,
met and visited hundredth of interesting people and places around the world.
Pros
Travel and meet new people
Cons
Long working hours and away from family
call center position with no career advancement
Trade Support (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CANovember 25, 2018
call center position taking 150+ calls per shift. bi-annual shift change based on seniority and performance ratings leaves little to no work life balance. over 80% telecommuting with no continuous training relative to your position. no managerial assistance with anything. no direct line to an in house HR department. all promised career advancement opportunities are call center base
Pros
discounts, telecommuting, benefits
Cons
call center, absent manager, no continuous training
Laid Back Workplace
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CANovember 19, 2018
Easy going workplace with good work life balance. It's a smaller company than you'd think, so there aren't always great opportunities to move up. Generally, your co-workers are supportive.
Enjoyed working with princess cruises
DEMI CHEF DE PARTIE (Former Employee) –  USA MiamiNovember 18, 2018
Princess cruise liner a world wide recognised company and best in class it has about 17 ships and each ship servers about 2500 to 4500 passengers I enjoyed my self working I that company.
Pros
Accommodation and all meals provided by the company
Summer job
Luggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKNovember 13, 2018
Would recommend this job for high schoolers who need an active job during the summer. This job had good tips and good possibilities of overtime. Good management as well.
safe work place.verygood environment
demi chef de partie (Current Employee) –  new york cityNovember 11, 2018
company,provides food for all crews.uniform shoes.safety tools.safety training.visa fee are also provided by the company. air ticket and life insurance.
Pros
all foods are free
Cons
enough rest time.
everything is fine
Assistant cook in Grand Princess Cruises (Former Employee) –  united state of americaNovember 11, 2018
every day is like a monday . always busy..i worked for 13 hours straight. sometime when we are in United State of America we work for 16 t o18 hours..because we a sure that everything is gonna be fine from preparation are to plate.. we make things impossble to possible ..i woke up 5 am and then before 7 o'clock i need in my station ..till 10pm .im preparing my mise en place ,preparation for lunch time , preparing for dinner..

if you asking me what i learned? a lot of thing i learned from my past job.the best thing i learned is how to handle the situation the you need to be calm and relax no matter what gonna happen..you must be preapared for every situation in kitchen..

the management is good.. i can nothing to say ..

workplace its awesome,the culture just a little bit difficult to mingle .cuz i been in the philippines .were all the people here is conservative and not be confident

the work hardest part of my job .when its rough sea,.everything is moving even your ingredients..

enjoyable part ..when you finished early your preparation and before serving you have time to go outside every state of the world.you can travel free and you dont need to woke up so early cuz only walking distance from your cabin to your preparation area/ your station.
Pros
free everything
Cons
repeatedly you job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Princess Cruises. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

4.7Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss