Princess Cruises Employee Reviews

Steer Clear
au reservations (Current Employee) –  virtualOctober 8, 2018
The only benefit is being able to work from home. the medical costs almost as much as I am paid for my family. The cruise discount is such a pain to try and get that it may as well not even be offered. The management is a joke - the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing - ever - and if you work for the australian princess but live in america, be prepared to be the red headed step children of princess - you will not get au holidays off even though the sydney office does and you will not get american holidays off because they are not holidays in australia. Again, the only benefit is being able to work from home.
Pros
work from home, equipment and internet provided
Cons
every. thing. else.
ambiente stimolante
assistant purser (Former Employee) –  santa clarita caOctober 5, 2018
Sin dal primo giorno sono rimasta basita dall'organizzazione della Princess. Dal training, effettuato, di due settimane prima di iniziare a lavorare come junior assistant purser a tutto il periodo lavorativo.
L'azienda incentiva il personale con iniziative straordinarie. Io per esempio sono stata prescelta, insieme ad altri 5 colleghi, per un training a Santa Clarita per un nuovo progetto da lanciare a bordo: Un ufficio Concierge.E' stata una sfida avvincente. Non ricordo nessun aspetto negativo. Ho imparato tantissimo e soprattutto ho veramente capito cosa significa lavorare in un team. Ho inoltre imparato a lavorare e condividere la quotidianetà con colleghi provenienti da diverse parti del mondo. Grazie Princess per avermi permesso di viaggiare il mondo nel miglior modo possibile: " Lavorando" . Grazie Princess per avermi insegnato cosa significa problem solving e customer service. il lavoro a bordo non è mai noioso perchè è organizzato in una rotaion di ruoli durante i 6 mesi di contratto.
Pros
ho viaggiato il mondo e ho conosciuto diversi colleghi da svariate parti del mondo
Cons
nessun giorno libero per tutta la durata del contratto, ossia 6 mesi
Would not ever go back
Senior Videographer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CASeptember 25, 2018
The place was really fun. Great for a place to go work immediately after school, and maybe the culture has changed a little since I was there more than 10 years ago, but it was without a doubt, one of the hardest and most tiring jobs I have had.

You are paid next to nothing, with the benefit of food and room & board while you travel with the passengers on board. If you aren't lucky enough to get into the higher quality jobs, you will not have one of the better rooms. Basically crew cabins are stacked shoe boxes with a vent and a small 10x10 space. Don't work here if you get claustrophobia.

I had the awesome chance to be a videographer on board, which meant, I had a college education, and hundreds of hours of experience with marketing, production and visual design before coming to the ship. My "managers" who were all photographers, did not understand this and were more prone to treat us like the other photographers because they lacked basic understanding of video design or the time involved in the process. I was quickly promoted to senior videographer in my first tour and then smacked down when they replaced my manager with someone else from eastbumfkc SE Asia. The guy was a 5'0 foot tall terror who had it in for videographers and wanted them to put in 70 hours+ a week like the rest of the photo staff. Yes, videography was cushy by comparison but we had the skills and paid for the ability to do the things we did. Some photographers were hired that had never even picked up a camera before they got on board. So, the disparity in qualifications was amply known. Moreover,
  more... we had a manager who was obsessed with finding fault in things like: Our uniform, our facial hair and the failings of technology...ie, I could not shoot an event with my subordinate on a deck where the 15 year old video cameras were malfunctioning due to the humidity at the equator. My fault for that one apparently.  less
Pros
Travel far and wide
Cons
Hours, slave driving managers, lack of understanding from leadership
Customer service Agent
Customer Service Sales (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CASeptember 24, 2018
Working with and responding to travel agent and passengers via phone calls.
Requiring prioritization of work flow to maximize efficiency and achieve closed case quotas.
Independently making decisions and statements on the company's behalf in regards to policies, procedures, and
compensation and goodwill gestures.
Referring the more complicated issues to departmental supervisor for resolution and approval.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CASeptember 18, 2018
Leadership can be flexible when needing time off. Can be slow to change but is getting better. There are nice people to work with and a good time environment.
Cons
Pay
Nice place to work,nice place to grow professionally and personally but they dont take crew members in a serious way.
ASSISTANT BUFFET STEWARD (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 15, 2018
If you follow the rules,if you do an excellent performance ,etc,they dont appreciate it,they take so long to give you promotion,and i really want to grow professionally and personally.
My position
System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CASeptember 15, 2018
A typical day at work, always busy.
I learned new skills.
Management was nice. Workplace culture is good.
Most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers
Pros
Cruises
Cons
On call
Wonderful management and benefits
Legal secretary (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CASeptember 15, 2018
Be on time and do expected work and Princess will advance you. Excellent pay and benefits. Manage to understanding and good training. Cruise discounts, paid vacation and sick days.
Pros
Cruise discounts, competitive pay and benefits
nothing bad to say just need to move on 10 years is enough within 1 company
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 13, 2018
I want to advance my career that is hwy i have resigned from the company i am in a monotonous job not moving forward within the company i am happy to seek other emplacement if that company is willing to teach me further and move forward
Pros
the poepl are nice to work with
Cons
the manaegenment dont know how to traet people with respect
Great Training - Unrealistic expectations beyond that.
Reservation Sales (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CASeptember 11, 2018
So basically the training takes a month. It's very good training... however after that you're on your own.

They are extremely controlling. You have a timer clock for your entire day. From the moment you clock in, breaks, lunch etc.

It is tracked on a weekly basis and you can get in trouble if you are late.

You have goals... they aren't completely unrealistic but they still make a big deal out of it.

The pay is LOW! $10 an hour to start. Raises are minimal.

Not much opportunity to advance.

This is a job for somebody who lives at home with their parents or a spouse who has a primary breadwinner and just wants:

A - Something to keep them busy during the day.
B - Extra income.

This is not a primary work opportunity.
Its more fun working in princess cruise line but at the same time is stressful too...
Junior Waiter/Assistant Waiter (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2018
I enjoyed working in princess cruises..they help all thier staff to be more flexible, multi tasking and independent...they trust us like their owned family member...
It's pretty nice if you get a decent manager
Developer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAAugust 29, 2018
Fun atmosphere. Some people can be rude and there's nothing you can do about it though since complaints against employees with tenure go nowhere. But otherwise alright.
Tabajo extremadamente duro, con la ventaja de recorrer el mundo
Youth counselor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CaAugust 20, 2018
Ambiente duro, pero excelente para viajar y conocer personas
Pros
Viajar
Cons
Muchas horas de trabajo
Great industry but too micro-managed
Senior Planner of Fine Jewelry (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAAugust 14, 2018
The job itself was fine, but the tools and systems were so outdated and antiquated to do the job efficiently. The Manager and Director lacked trust in any of their employees to make any business decision and procrastinated on every decision, despite being hired to turn the business around.
Pros
location and facilities
Cons
Micro management style was suffocating
Very productive experience,but the hours are long
Waiter/Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita , CaliforniaAugust 8, 2018
It was a great experience where I had a chance to work in various dining venues and learn a lot of thing in terms of service, menu knowledge,management skills.
Fun
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Healy, AKAugust 4, 2018
I loved working for princess. The people where great an living around all the wildlife ive never seen in real life was great. I would love to go back for another season.
Pros
Meeting new people from all over the world
Cons
It's not all year around
basketball, billiard, ping pong , play station
acting Bar Supervisor (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 4, 2018
we have a lot of activities onboard like karaoke, disco sportfest, acoustic night, band night , when i was a persident of this welfare , entertainment is help to our to avoid homesickness to their family , thank god i had alittle talent to entertain my crew, at the same time i was entertained too, ance a week we had called" international crew talent show" for our guest and i am one of the act , so get paid for that show ,
Pros
free food, free, uniform
Cons
we give extra breaks when is quite
You can never have any relationship without trust.
Cruise Vacation Planner (Former Employee) –  virtualAugust 2, 2018
Fun career for someone who enjoy planning and selling vacations.

Develop long term trust and friendship with guests.

Well compensated if you are able to meet and exceed your sales target.
Stressfull and antiquated
Manager (Former Employee) –  World wideAugust 1, 2018
The ship.industry service jobs are the most unpaid most stressfull and most of all the Managment are still using antiqueted techniques where employees are subjected to frustrations,poor Managment skills and the hardest living condition confined in a small cabin where you have to stay as there is no where else you can go.because interdicted for crew to.go.either.on decks or open spaces where passengers are present.
Overall as a.middle.manager employee my experience.onbord.cruise ship it has been.negative...and I wouldent recomended to anyone that has the possibility to.make more than 14 dollar at hour inland...
R.D
Pros
Visiting world country
Cons
Anything else
travel
Assistant Crew Manager / Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJuly 31, 2018
long hours, no days off during contract, some people slack off, not much training, crew drills every week, passenger drills every cruise, lots of travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Princess Cruises. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.7Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss