Princess Cruises Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Data Center
Computer operator 2 (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAMay 15, 2018
Monitors daily process and batch stream, determining probable cause any error and takes corrective action on own initiative where appropriate. and back up Support desk.
Senior Steward
Senior Wine Steward (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 15, 2018
It is really is hard work, working on the cruise ships, the hours are long, but you do get time off when the ship is in port for you to go ashore.
Crew life is amazing, the parties are great, as are the majority of the crew, but in digress...
If I could have my time again it would be working here.
Hard work long days
Bar supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAMay 10, 2018
Very busy environment,a short day is 8 hrs and a normal day is 14 hours lots of energy and fun loving people.
work hard play hard enjoy every moment of it
Great Company
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAMay 8, 2018
Great Company, a lot of hours at work but great team to work with. Learned a lot about Hotel Department and about the cruise ship in general, hardest part of the job being away from the family for 6 months
Magnifica oportunidad
Asistencia al bartender (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAMay 7, 2018
Es importante la multiculturalidad y el respeto al prójimo
Princess Cruises
Cruise Vacation Planner (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAMay 4, 2018
Help customers plan and book cruises and shore excursions. It's fairly easy work but heavy on the sales. Call center environment is typical and phones are usually non-stop with inquiries.
Nice chance to see the world but hard working enviroment
video producer (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLMay 2, 2018
Videography is just a part of your main duties. Working with Princess Cruises you will get a chance to see a lot pf places but your schedule will be unpredictible and sometimes they will require from you to do stuff which aren't a part of your duties according to the contract. Management are not always professional and fair.
Cons
12 hours minimum
Hard working and fun in the same time
Assistant Store Manager Fragrance and Cosmetics (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 26, 2018
Princess Cruises line is a very good company to work for. The working hours are long and vey long especially in a sea day , but to have the opportunity to go out and visit the places is the most rewarding felling at the end of the day and at the end of the contract. I've work for cruise line industry for 14 years and I'm very honored to say that I've seen the world , even Antarctica.
Pros
free accomodation, free food, free entertaiment for crew.
Cons
short breaks, not accomodating married couples, having ti share a canbin with a stranger
What to say...
Cruise Vacation Planner (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAApril 26, 2018
Well it's a great company all around, the environment is very relaxing. In my position though I didn't feel as rewarded in my base salary for the amount of work I did on a daily basis and for what I had to do. Do wish that gets better.
Great place to work and grow
Shore Excursions Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAApril 24, 2018
I was Tour Manager and loved every second of my 11 years with Princess Cruises. Loved the job in and out the office and the relationships with the Tour Operators. I learnt a lot in terms of customer service and revenue. It was amazing meeting more than 40 different nationalities. There was no hard part of my job because I used to do it with love and everything was easy also because I love challenges.

Want to know more about Princess Cruises?

Ask a question
Very stressful
Reservations Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAApril 18, 2018
Very stressful, was time on going to bathroom or to get a drink of water, penalized if was a 1 minute late to get back on phone. The training was to enough need to re plan training classes more training is needed. Colleague and other employees agreed that the training needs to be better and longer.
Pros
employees nice
Cons
training needs improvement
It was really a great experience to work on the company. i travel around the world and working as well.
Commis Chef (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 18, 2018
Working in Cruise line is not that easy as some people know. We have a difficult time culture everyday for the whole contract of 9months on board. 12hours of working a day and 7days a week. In short we dont have a day off. Only time-off maximum of 6hours once in a blue moon.
Pros
free food, accommodation
Cons
long hours of work without day off
Administrative Office work
Administrative Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAApril 17, 2018
In any of the departments I worked for no matter what or how long was the project the day went by and you don't mind the work load and management were always in professional and a good mood and very helpful.
Pros
Travel perks
Cons
Long Day
Exciting life
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesApril 10, 2018
Life with Princess cruise line was average, but exciting as you could see the world free and meet different cultures. You get paid seeing the world and its fun.
My experience
2nd Cook (Former Employee) –  ManilaApril 8, 2018
Working in the cruise ship is not easy especially were far from our family. I experience all circumtances regarding having a bad weather in the sea . Safety is the priority at all times. I actually developed my knowledge of cooking at the cruise ship. Starting from assistant cook to Chef de Partie position.
Pros
free food
Lack of care for employees, lack of company vision and organization
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 6, 2018
Culture lacks trust and care. Leadership values shareholders over employees, consistently cutting benefits and increasing demands while posting enormous profits. Employees are all about themselves, pretending to collaborate on the surface while undercutting each other behind closed doors.

Company never stays on a consistent direction, always trying to experiment with "the newest thing" without sticking to any one clear vision. Leadership recklessly spends money on new, untested ideas without any checks and balances. Anytime someone 'director and below' tries to speak up or bring a new idea to the table, they are immediately quashed by the executive level.
Pros
Discounted Cruises
Cons
Suppressing company culture, lack of autonomy, low salary
all over on the ship
last position ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita Los AngelesApril 6, 2018
it is a unique experience ,travelling,working as a crew on cruise line make you stronger,wiser,...more confident in yourself it is a very hard job,high pressure,a lot of harassment of any kind ,to much bullying from everyone..it is ok when you need the money desperate...this is the perfect place for people ho cannot succeed on land ..
Fun place to work
Network Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAApril 5, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Princess Cruises.
Collaboration and workplace culture is great.
Management encourages employees to learn different types of networking devices. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the technology.
Most enjoyable part of the job is building relationship with co-workers and contractors and able to see the world.
Pros
Lots of Networking Gears to touch and learn
Cons
Pay
Trade support Reservations Agent
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAMarch 30, 2018
I would have to say that the trainers and the group I started working with are awesome but there are other departments who are very rude and sups aren't supportive.
Pros
Working at home
Cons
Micromanaged, very low pay and theres no support from management
El ambiente de trabajo es de lo mejor
Asesor de ventas (Former Employee) –  AltamarMarch 29, 2018
Recomiendo esta empresa porque te da la oportunidad de viajar y tener un buen salario.
Pros
Servicios médicos
Cons
Te ausentas de casa por largos periodos

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Princess Cruises. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight