Princeton University
76Above average
4.3

Princeton University Employee Reviews

United States188 reviews
I love the Nass, gained so much helpful experience from working for it, loved turning out an issue every week and could not recommend the experience more
The problem with work-life balance is a widespread issue at Princeton. It's prestigious for a reason. You will work in an exciting and innovative community, with leaders in the field, but don't expect a 40-hour work week. They are accommodating for flexibility of time and location, when possible, but this is mainly because everyone puts in more than enough hours each week. Be prepared to work long and odd hours. The parking lot is full, even in the evenings and on weekends.
Interning for the university opened my eyes to new and interesting ways to tackle problems effectively. The full-time employees truly care for each intern's aspirations and willingness to learn.
You learn a lot doing research at Princeton University. Casual workplace. Small town. Everyone is friendly. There is alot of free food at Princeton University
With no warning. Constant turnover, old boy network method of management. Each new man brought in another man he had worked with. A few token women but not sincere.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Just a fantastic place to work with amazing benefits and opportunities for growth and continued education.

Management is respectful and supportive.

Offices are well maintained
Administration only promotes Caucasians. Hispanics are totally ignored. I worked here and was denied promotions over less qualified people. HR is a joke.
Pros
Proximity to home.
Cons
No diversity here. Administration officials are focused on only raising money.
I worked remotely for Princeton University's Program on Science and Global Security and therefore have no insight on the issue. Research jobs are challenging in nature.
Se fomenta y valora mucho la investigación. Muy recomendable
Interviewing is a long process. I have worked as a contractor numerous times, but have not been able to get in permanently. I have had both pleasant and very unpleasant experiences with some Department Heads and have found some of them to be very racist. How hard it is to work with leaders who are unfair and unjust to their workers working under racist leaders.
I enjoyed being a student worker at Rockefeller College/Princeton University. I helped students who came to the Rockefeller College office sign up for meetings with the Dean of Student Life and Dean of Academic Studies. I enjoyed interfacing with the deans and fellow office coworkers.
Very welcoming and helpful. Took the time to make sure I had everything I needed and answered any questions I had. The people I worked with were very professional and made me feel like I was part of a team.Paid well.
Princeton offers tons of research opportunities. As someone interested in renewable energy and energy storage research, I had no problem finding research internships and even publishing a few papers.
Princeton is great if you are passionate about research. The faculty are very welcoming and always open to collaborate. The resources are first class.
Great learning opportunity for a person that is interested in being in a Help Desk support position and to start off a career. Working and being apart of several teams that only want to help and push you to get the best of the timed experience.
It is a very good place to work, with very good benefits. Cost of living is extremely high in the area, and compensation does not quite match that, especially if you are a recent college graduate with Student Loans. You end up having to work so much to pay bills you don't have a life.
Needed a career change, and wanted to take the break in between, to travel with my mom. She had a stroke and shingles in the beginning of 2019 and is almost fully recovered. I am truly thankful, so that we could travel to places she has always wanted to go.
There is alot of training offered for one to advance themselves. However if you get into a department where you have a manager that stifles you only to fulfill his staff, that is unfair.
Opportunity to grow if take initiative. Lots of training opportunities in writing, budgeting, management, diversity, etc. Good work life balance and benefits. The mission and vision are clear.
Pros
collaborative, good benefits
Cons
can be difficult to transition to new position
A typical day at work involves the following and is a pleasant experience given the culture I work in and the colleagues i have the opportunity to engage with.
Working at Princeton university puts a light in my life it helps me in many ways to be more conformed in the person i am I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to Anyone seeking a job st the university to do so very professional team in our HR department great benefit package good salary overall a great place to work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Princeton University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3
4.2
Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.