Princeton University Employee Reviews

Diversity among staff, great benefits
CUSTODIAN (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 28, 2018
My typical day is busy!!! I have a regular routine that consists of emptying trash, cleaning bathrooms, showers, cleaning common areas, i.e., kitchen, general custodian duties. Moving of furniture/equipment. Provide assistance to coworkers in other buildings.

The benefits are great. I am provided with a medical coach due to a medical illness. My time off, i.e., vacation is adequate and provides me with time away.
Benefits
Stressful Work Place
Manager (Current Employee) –  building servicesJuly 14, 2018
Union only supports negative behavior from union members. Union does not work with the University management to promote unity. Union members believe the University is there for them first and the students second.
Pros
Benefits, Job Security
Cons
Union, Senior Management not in-touch with mid level managers, operations managers are not supported from all areas
Graduate Students are routinely abused.
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 13, 2018
Unrealistic expectations of graduate students mixed with an arcane, ambiguous set of requirements. Professors have no regard for students and the administration is detached from reality. Labs are expected to raise their own young, absent of professor guidance.
They are becoming to corporate
Senior Enterprise Application Administrator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 2, 2018
It was supposed to be higher ed and not a corporation, so if you are going to be in a position of corporate climate then you should get paid corporate salary
Pros
great people close to ho, e
Cons
manager
Wonderful work environment
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Current Employee) –  Office of the Vice President and SecretarySeptember 28, 2018
Working in a vibrant community. My colleagues are wonderful and the opportunities at the university are very good. The benefits are very good. Management listens.
Productive and family friendly workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 11, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is that the campus is beautiful and historical. It is located in an area with plenty of choices for lunch. In addition, if you need a break from your job, you can spend your lunch break walking around campus. work-life balance classes are offered for free and they are very helpful. Benefits are great. Work load wasn't stressful at all.
Pros
Work-life balance classes, free flu shots, family events, 36.25 hour work week
Princeton - great education and careers
Designer (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 13, 2018
Princeton is an amazing place to learn and work. There are so many opportunities to advance your learning and knowledge outside of your normal role that you are hired for. People are proud to work here and it shows in your everyday interactions with staff.
Pros
Great benefits and more casual culture than corporate world
Cons
Raises are somewhat less than inflation sometimes.
A Good place to grow
Office Support III - University Services (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 12, 2018
I learned a lot about computers, Leaned independence, and to be a team player. Princeton is very diverse, very stable employment. Good benefits and they match your 401K contribution.
Pros
Lots of time off
Cons
Becoming corporate
great place to work
ASSOCIATE PROFESSIONAL SPECIALIST & MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 18, 2018
projects are both challenging and fun and they have a great group of people in the lab. Management is good about promotions, i was promoted 3x from within.
Great work place for work life benefit
Data Management II (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 1, 2018
Loved my time working at Princeton. Great benefits, great people. Only problem I had, was limited mobility as i started my career there while young.
Pros
Benefits, work life balance
Cons
Limited upward mobility
Temp work for Site Protection
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 4, 2018
Great place to work, even for temp workers.
The job was easy.
Given time to learn new skills.
Culture was great and focused on providing high quality services rather than profits.
Pay was very good but temp workers did not get any benefits such as time off or training.
Pros
pay, atmosphere
Cons
boring at times, lack of benefits/training
Great benefits!
Division Manager, University Parking Enforcement (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 30, 2017
Very personable staff, almost everyone who works here grew up here, family oriented culture where staff members are caring and concerned about each other.
Pros
Fantastic benefits
Cons
Advancement in my department was non-existent
Productive place
Visiting Fellow, Princeton Environmental Institute (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 3, 2018
Princeton University is a private Ivy League research university in Princeton, New Jersey. Founded in 1746 in Elizabeth as the College of New Jersey, Princeton is the fourth-oldest institution of higher education in the United States and one of the nine colonial colleges chartered before the American Revolution.
Facilities and Maintenance
Facilties (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 17, 2018
My summer job at Princeton University was great. I enjoyed learning about the facility and working outside. There was a great group of employees that made each day enjoyable. The houts were 6:00am - 2:30 pm daily so the rest of the day was mine. The heat was tough but we all got use to it. I recommend working hard and outdoors at least once in a persons life.
Pros
Great staff, good hours
Cons
Outdoor temperatures could be very hot on summer days.
Upbeat staff and beautiful campus.
Dorm Inspector (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 5, 2018
Princeton Housing Department staff were very friendly and fun. Temporary inspectors were paired with full-time staff who knew the campus well. Buildings and room numbers were clearly listed for each team. If a team would not be able to finish their list another team would would inspect some of the unfinished rooms.
Great Benefits
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 7, 2018
The most rewarding part about being an employee at Princeton University's undergraduate admissions department was the benefits and the provided perks.
Great place to work and learn
SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER consultant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 16, 2018
I was working in the IT group programming and loved it.

The commute was far and this is the only reason i did not try to get permanent employment here.
Pros
great work environment, smart staff, fell like you are doing something useful
Cons
to far from my home
Princeton University is a wonderful and exciting place to work
Web Services Manager, Woodrow Wilson School (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 19, 2018
Working in an academic environment is a wonderful opportunity. The resources available and energy level from the students and professors is extremely powerful. I was able to grow professionally and acquire as many skills as I could possible absorb during the time that I worked there. I feel privileged to have had that opportunity and to have known the people that I worked with.
Pros
Amazing working environment and abundance of resources available
Cons
The amount of knowledge and resources is humbling
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 11, 2018
I loved it here. The clients that you work with makes it difficult at times. Management/ Supervisors was fair. Meeting and working with some of the students and learning somethings about them and their struggles was enjoyable.
Pros
work environment was not stressful at all
Cons
long periods of idle time
Not a good experience
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 18, 2018
Great opportunity to interact with students and faculty from all over the world with excellent knowledge and education background, but there was no career advancement within the job I was in.
Pros
great faculty, students
Cons
No room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Princeton University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss