Printfly Employee Reviews

Long hours, low pay, casual environment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2019
I would say working at Rush is fine if you're only planning to stay temporarily. Being in production requires you to stand all day with a lot of physical labor involved. If you're lucky enough to not be placed in the warehouse, you'll at least be in an air conditioned environment. Pay starts low and advancement is incredibly slow and almost insulting considering the fast paced environment forces you become proficient at your position quickly. Overtime is required if you want a decent paycheck at the end of the week.

Instead of raising everyone's hourly rates, management will throw occasional pizza parties and give speeches every few months during meetings about how they're going to improve everyone's experience, while not changing much at all. Even speaking personally with a manager doesn't change much. They'll give you a polite response, but nothing will get done. HR is pretty much useless as well so if anyone is racist or sexist towards you, good luck.

Biggest perks are the healthcare and PTO. Healthcare is affordable and they're lenient when you need to take a day off for whatever reason; however, they don't provide holiday pay or have designated sick days.

Tl;dr, if you need a temp job or don't mind working 40-50 hours a week, it's fine. Otherwise, just look somewhere else.
Pros
Casual environment, food market, healthcare
Cons
Long hours, low pay, unresponsive management, rude coworkers
Typical Corporate Start Up
Production Artist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 8, 2019
Surface level nice looking corporation with younger management.

Upper management withholds information and encourages negative exclusionatory environment.

Good for learning basic skills but not much room to grow.
Pros
Heathcare
productive, fun, and exciting place to work
Content Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 15, 2019
I absolutely love this company. After being hired for one role - management trusted me and gave me the opportunity to tackle several different projects. This company allows you to challenge yourself to be better both personally and professionally. Everyone is super friendly and willing to help. Management looks out for all of the employees here and offers help and gives opportunity to anyone who's willing to put in the hard work. It's a growing company so there's always room to improve and take on more responsibility. Management's doors are always open and they always accept feedback, whether its good or bad. This company is extremely passionate about the work they do but also laid back and fun to work with. The building is absolutely beautiful and there are improvements made daily to make it a better place for their employees.
Pros
break room, food truck fridays, company events, room for advancement, friendly employees
This company should sincerely take the opportunity to hire more competent profession employee's
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 18, 2018
I will speak only on behalf of my experience on the production line this company evidently hires just about anybody no matter how incompetent or unprofessional a person may be gathered as and unprofessionlism is highly visible within the production line/warehouse environment i got fired because I was sick for 2 days granted i did recently start the job when this happened but I had no control over it the word never got to the manager so I seen him the one day when I came back on the 3rd day I was out for 2 days he misunderstood what I said I tryed to clear up any issues and set the tone for clarification instead of attempting to talk to me on a deeper personal level and communicating I just got fired on the spot I do not recommend anybody working at this atmosphere I could continue to plug into more depth but I believe my point is made
Official response from Printfly
November 26, 2018

Thank You for your feedback, here at Printfly we pride ourselves on hiring competent professionals for every position. We have hundreds of employees and are proud to say many of which are long standing with 4+yrs with us. Being a family owned business we also take extra care to be approachable and sympathetic related to illness and ailments. I apologize for how you feel you've have been treated, but unfortunately after speaking with management I could not find an employee that was fired on such grounds. If you wish to "plug into more depth," you're more than welcome to come back and speak with upper management. Hope you're feeling better!

Great work place, Bad and confusing management.
Production Designer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 5, 2018
The coworkers are great, the building needs work being up to code, and the management is a mess. There is no interdepartmental connection, no absolute regulations on certain policies, and there is a looming sense that you will get fired if you step out of line by just a hair or speak up about your mistreatment even though management says they have an "open door policy".

The management in the Art department is great, yet needs to solidify certain positions and ways of training.
Pros
Great rooms to relax in, coworkers
Cons
Management going too far over their heads buying unnecessary things, unsafe warehouse environment, no actual open door policy
Printfly
Reclaim (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 31, 2018
It was calm relax job with no stressful events. The people was very friendly and cool. The managers was understanding and advancement opportunities was available everywhere.
Cool Coworkers but temp job
Screen Printer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 19, 2018
Poor pay for the work. Very long hours, and no recognition for hard work. They base pay on seniority. Warehouse working environment so takes a toll on body. Management is bad at communicating but other coworker are really down to earth and its a working space where you can listen to music and work independently.

this is a job where you have to work 45-55hrs to make ends meet.
Pros
free pizza, game room, cool people
Cons
poor communication, low pay long hours
Enjoyed working here!
Senior Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 25, 2018
I enjoyed working with my co-workers and for the owners. I learned a lot and it was a great experience. Was provided with excellent tools to perform the job and empowered to make significant changes affecting the direction of the company. Printfly was relatively small when I first started and has grown remarkably every year. This company always strives to improve in every aspect.
Growing Company. Endless Opportunity.
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 24, 2018
After working several different jobs since graduating college, I finally found a place where I enjoy waking up every morning and going to work. The Printfly / RushOrderTees culture and work environment is second to none. Everyone is super friendly and management actually cares about their employees. I have worked here for over a year now and have been given the opportunity to grow within the company and advance my career. Management will invest in their employeees and reward them for their hard work. The company is rapidly growing and I am very excited for things to come!
Pros
office, game room, casual dress, company culture, growing company
Productive, Competitive, Fun Place to work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 7, 2018
Even with 250+ employees, you are not just another brick in the wall at Printfly. While walking down the hall, you can hear friendly, personal exchanges not only between co workers, but upper management and directors as well. From my first tour of the building, I could sense that the energy was positive and uplifting. Everyone works together to achieve the common goal of company success. The company is clearly divided by departments and there is no confusion on who people report to or what your daily tasks are. In the downtime, such as breaks or lunch, you can lounge in the Market Place, also known as the "game room". There is food and snacks available for purchase, 60" tv, couch/lounge chairs, and tables to sit and enjoy lunch with your friends. It you like to be active on your breaks, you can challenge your friend to a game of ping pong or basketball "pop-a-shot" to mix some fun in your work day. This company values their employees, and it shows.
Pros
Fun environment, all types of benefits offered, competitive salary, friendly staff, free parking, on site market, game room, latest technology
It's work
Production Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 28, 2018
Great people and company culture. Small up-and-coming business, in a period of chaotic growth. Good opportunity for the job seeker who likes overtime and can self manage with little formal structure
Worst
Screen Printer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 9, 2018
Hours were bad learned the automatic and Manuel press worked from 4 to 1am very sweaty enviroment good employers bad managers very unprofessional worked Monday thru friday
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad hours
Do not work here
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 27, 2017
If you want to work at stress inducing, dead end job with poor management, this is the place for you. The hours are long with mandatory overtime (but poor base pay). Management is disorganized, high, and unprofessional. The people are ok, but dealing with the customers and unrealistic expectations set by the new corporate structure will make you wish you never stepped foot in the door. The new culture they try to enforce is a joke that no one finds funny.
Pros
No dress code, long lunch breaks.
Cons
Everything. Management, lack of career advancement, unrealistic standards; Do not waste your time here.
Fun place to work with coworkers
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 21, 2017
Coworkers are really great and has a nice atmosphere. Management needs more consistency and there needs to be more opportunity for growth and advancement.
Jobs okay but,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 24, 2017
The job was ok. The hands on approach is terrible. The Place is all teens and 20something's. Which can be bad maturity wise. The pay was ok. The company overall is ok. But not a long term place of employment. You'll find yourself applying for others jobs in less than a month. Tedious and long days. But, The owner is there e.day and he's very nice.
Pros
Cons
Boring. Long days. 9 hour work shifts. Turnovers
Hard work does not pay off here.
Production Artist/Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 16, 2017
Art department job isn't really "art", the work is becoming more and more automated, as tasks that once required thought and expertise are being replaced by flawed scripts that are meant to simplify your job, so that all you have to do is press a couple buttons and let the computer do everything for you. The need for creativity and specialized skill is quickly being phased out in favor of more "efficient" programs that will eventually replace our jobs altogether. Talents go to waste in this place.

The work itself is boring and repetitive at best, and often times just frustrating. There is a lot of pressure to produce increasingly high numbers, with an ever present tension that your job may constantly be at risk.

During the busy season, they encourage you to work as much overtime as you can. Work nights, work weekends, give up your free time. You get more money, it's great!
What they don't tell you is that you are basically saving up for the "slow season", when all of that money you earned from working weekends and holidays all year gets eaten up within a month, because they indiscriminately cut everyone's hours in spite of having their most lucrative year in the company's history. In place of christmas bonuses, we used to get little prepaid amex cards... it wasn't much, but it was something. This year, they gave us nothing, and no explanation as to why.

The management is obsessed with their image. They love to take pictures and videos of their employees and make it look like everyone is constantly happy and having fun, but trust me it's a lie put together by a
  more... very good marketing team. They like to pretend that they care by doing little things like buying pizza, but if you have to come to them with real needs, such as a livable wage, you will get brushed off.

If you work here, you will eventually find yourself burnt out and stressed, and soon you'll be searching for a better job.
Pros
Fun happy hours, good coworkers
Cons
Low pay, Employees not treated like people
It's a pretty cool place
Screen Printer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 13, 2017
It's a pretty cool place to work for hard work but beforefilling work just got to be ready to grind
Most everybody's chill laid-back okay but they all get they stuff done the hours are long but that's how you get stuff done by putting in work

And it's a lot of the different positions to try out new stuff so you don't have to stick to one spot if you don't want to
Pros
A laid-back place to work for
Cons
Sometime the hours can get a little long
Don't take it seriously
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 15, 2017
Management is a joke. The only good thing about this place is the other employees. It's basically a bunch of menillenals attempting to be adults.
Pros
Great computers
Cons
"Managers" that never graduated high school. Literally, she says she was raised in a warehouse.
Going on 2 years of employment
Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 15, 2017
Close working relationship with the owners which has allowed me to expand my career path here. This company has been growing so fast opening so many new opportunities. Great time to get on board!
Pros
Growing so fast!
Cons
None!
This place is a joke
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 14, 2016
Ok this place is a JOKE. Family owners who gossip and bully their employees. Run far away from this place. They have under qualified, amateurs who are in charge.

Rules seem to constantly change
Pros

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Printfly. Our community is ready to answer.

Printfly Reviews by Location