PriorAuthNow Employee Reviews

A Company With a Purpose
Director (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 21, 2019
A typical day for me is bringing a fresh cup of Starbucks and settling into my desk to catch up on email and Teams messages. I spend about a third of my time in meetings and then I have a lot of time to work with coworkers or work on my own. The culture is very collaborative and inclusive.

Management has a true sense of ownership of the company and wants to build a successful, stable company that truly saves lives. The hardest part of my job is any day you miss for being sick or going away on vacation...you come back and the company has shifted in someway and you have to catch up as fast as possible. But the team is very good at saying don't worry about it, take your time.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working together with smart people to improve healthcare. That means both the employees and our partners. I've needed a lot of prior authorizations in my own life and I know exactly how important they are and how getting care as quickly as possible makes a huge difference. I love that every day I have a purpose. We just have to keep going and strive to be better and better.
Pros
Team Events, Flexible Staff, Trust in Each Other
Cons
Lots of Pressure, Ever-changing, Must Maintain Flexibility
Not a wacky startup, not a big company
Management (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 26, 2019
PAN's a good compromise between frantic tech startups and sluggish, frustrating in-house technology departments. Culture-wise, it's a small, growing company, with a casual, family-like atmosphere and a need for constant innovation and tackling novel problems. But despite being a tech startup it isn't a mess of constant employee turnover, closed-door squabbling, and frequent business "pivots". Probably not the best choice if you're looking for whiskey and Nerf gun fights, but a solid place to do work that matters without burning out.
Pros
Satisfying work, responsive management, great work-life balance
Cons
Small size limits advancement, can be frustrating dealing with big customers
Challenging mission leads to ups and downs... headed in right direction
Business Development Leader (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 20, 2019
The major issue in healthcare PAN is addressing comes with challenges and struggles. It can be very frustrating at times but also very rewarding when you look at the progress being made in such a short period of time by small group of dedicated folks. Personally, I experienced tremendous growth during my time with exposure to many parts of the business and industry. It does come with stressful times but that is to be expected at a start-up that is trying to go very fast. Having all the right answers both personally and from leadership is not possible and can be frustrating but a goal to provide greater transparency and communication has helped the organization and morale. Very fast moving environment which requires the ability to adapt and prioritize quickly - sometimes ambiguity. There were definitely rough patches as PAN found its way, identified key moments that required tough decisions but does feel as though since mid-2018 through today they are headed in the right direction and momentum is building. Not for the faint of heart but doing something big and being first shouldn't be. You definitely have an opportunity to make an impact as leaders are accessible and listening.
Challenging Start Up but worth the adventure
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHSeptember 18, 2019
I have seen many different aspects of this company's product; from being a customer, to processing authorizations, and now data analysis. The vision of this company is amazing, and is bound to make a huge difference in the prior authorization world. We are here to make providers/users lives more manageable with submitting authorizations, but our main priority is really taking care of each patient on the other end of the transaction. Each transaction we handle is a patient's life, and we take that very seriously!

The culture around here can be stressful at times, but we are creating something the world has never seen! The challenges definitely are worth it, and the results will outweigh all!
Great team, great mission
Sr. Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 18, 2019
I joined PriorAuthNow in June 2019 and have been impressed by the culture and energized by the mission.

I get to work with smart, positive, and conscientious people to ensure better access to healthcare for all.

It's a great mission and a great (growing!) team. I am excited to play a part in our continued growth and success, and I look forward to welcoming new team members over the coming months.
Big changes, for the better
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 5, 2019
The company has gone through quite a rough patch, but management has made every effort possible to improve the culture and make it a place that people want to work, and feel secure in their positions. I've had a wealth of opportunity since starting there. Management has helped me cultivate my skills and enhance my career opportunities.
Opportunity to have your voice heard…
Sales and Account Management (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 5, 2019
Inclusive culture. Empowered to make decisions. Own your career. Get in a room, make decisions and go. The opportunity to do what hasn’t been done before. Your impact is definitely felt and seen; we are a small business. Control your role. Casual fun environment to work in. Diverse responsibilities…no two days are the same. You feel the personality of the group and are a key contributor to the culture.

But remember....It’s a startup, there are tough days and some longer days…. but those are definitely outweighed by the positive momentum, new customers and seeing the value we are bringing into the marketplace.
Joke
Medical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHAugust 14, 2019
They talked a great game. Hired a lot of people from competitors such as osu and ohiohealth. But it was bound to fail, they were selling an automated system to clients while having people pushing the auths and calling offices. Randomly held a meeting and laid off the entire workforce. Left voicemails to people who happened to be out of the office that day.
Smoke and Mirrors for clients and staff
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHNovember 27, 2018
PriorAuthNow did a lot of heavy hiring and kept telling us how great everything was until one day they walked in an laid off most of the company effective immediately. It was bound to happen anyway since they had people doing the processes they were selling clients as "automated". They just couldn't figure all of the automation out I guess. Management overall was poor and lacked follow through and good listening skills. PHI handling was horrible at best. Pay was very low (took it in a pinch)
I would not recommend PAN as it comes across as smoke and mirrors to clients and to staff. In the end both (clients and staff) may continue to get burned.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Poor management, deceptive practices, no talent development, little true growth
Poor management & no security
Product (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 19, 2018
Shortly after raising $10.5 million in funding, they laid off half the company. Upper management ran the business poorly and then took it out on the employees who sacrificed with long hours for months on end, investing their lives into a promising business with little acknowledgement. Management should have been replaced, not the employees carrying the business on their shoulders.
Just laid off over 30 employees
Medical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Worthington, ohioSeptember 11, 2018
Promise the world in growth and advancement. Rarely promote from within and 6/27 laid off over 30 people even though in the month prior were granted a 10.5 million dollar grant.
Pros
Cons
No security
Hands Down; Undeniably On Point
Clinical Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 24, 2018
Hands down the best time of my life being a part of something so cutting edge, that helped the patient get better care from his provider. A process I was already completely consumed with became the opportunity of a lifetime: my dream job. Passion meets real world applicability and BAM! PAN's OG's are some of the greatest people I've ever met-- and smartest too. Impossible is just a word used by those who lack imagination. That's not a concept PAN embraces.

At times, the stress levels of go lives and glitches can get the best of the team, but at the end of the day when the crisis is contained and the customers are taken care of, everyone is still winning! Attitude is everything, and culture at PriorAuthNow only entertains visions of success. Success is ultimately measured by the number of patients who received the care they needed.

If given the opportunity, I would without hesitation, jump on a plane to sit right next to Joe and welcome one flamboyant personality colliding with laser focused passion, life experience, and a whole lot of faith in a shared cause. PriorAuthNow's secret family recipe fuels a work ethic that's unmatched and a product that's undeniably on point.

PriorAuthNow-- Everyone's Winning.
Pros
team oriented, chill atmosphere, laser focused direction, receptive management, innovative genius
Cons
there are only 24 hours in a day, 7 days in a week, and 52 weeks in a year!
only worked there for 8 days before workforce reduction
Medical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHJuly 8, 2018
only worked there for 8 days before workforce reduction. They did match my salary request. I did like the hours that I worked and the management seemed to believe in my skills
Pros
didnt work long enough to speak to this
Cons
didnt work long enough to speak to this
A good company that is on the brink of making it big
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 4, 2018
I really enjoy working at PriorAuthNow. Healthcare is a fast-growing technology market and the company provides me the ability to expand skillset in a lot of different roles. Strategy, technical, operational - the sky is the limit if you want to put in effort. Senior leadership generally has an appreciation for work/life balance as most employees have young families. Being efficient and productive during the workday allows for a good balance of life after work.

Stress exists, as does at any company that is building innovative technology and who wants to corner the market - and PriorAuthNow will, no doubt. Stress is manageable because leadership gives you the ability to make changes to lessen stress or improve technology.
Pros
lots of free snacks, stand-up desks, great PTO, a lot of opportunities to expand skillset
Cons
industry can be stressful
Terrible work environment
Full Stack .Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 1, 2017
Terrible work environment with no room for growth. Expect to work 50 hours every week. Management does not listen to employees. Work/life balance is terrible because you are expected to work 50+ hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PriorAuthNow. Our community is ready to answer.

PriorAuthNow Reviews by Location