Priority Ambulance Employee Reviews

Unprofessional rude environment
Biller/Coder (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 6, 2019
This place is a joke, could be taken seriously if the right persons were in charge! Management show discrimination based on color/ ethical background. They show favoritism in pay also the people that work there blacks are discriminated against and intermediate on a regular basis!! This is not a place for people of color, or people that is not willing to be a footstool management
Poor
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 26, 2019
As a paramedic you seldom used your skills,the company just wanted a warm body to transports. Most of the equipment was out dated or didn't work. The truck s were falling apart and not repaired properly. Managment in Savannah was very roud to personal and didn't care. Most co_WOKERS were nice. Over all It not a good place to work or for someone new in Ems to learn.
Pros
Discent benifets
Cons
Manament
EMTA (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 14, 2019
Puckett EMS in Chattanooga is run like a tight knit family. Even when I have family emergencies, I can count on my coworkers and management to understand and volunteer to help me out. I've received offers to work elsewhere for more money, but money can't buy being happy going to work every day. I wouldn't leave if they paid me to!
Seals - Indy Location - Low pay, management unresponsive
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 25, 2019
Seals, a subsidiary of Priority Ambulance, pays probably the lowest in the Indianapolis market. Other places like Heartland or Physicians pay $14 to start, Seals pays $12. The positive part is that you can always pick up hours as the low pay causes them to be understaffed. Downside is that you get runs back to back as half the fleet is out of service most days.

Management is very unresponsive. You are lucky if you get a response 1 out of 3 times.

Doesn't even offer a 401k match.

Equipment is old and employee morale is worse.
Pros
Extra hours are always available
Cons
Understaffed, low pay, no 401k match, unresponsive management
Don't even waste your time
IT Support Engineer/IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAApril 24, 2019
Their motto is "get someone that can do everything with the same pay" There is no room for growth period, and there is no appreciation for doing your best. This was a complete waste of my time.
Pros
None, only for certain suckups
Cons
Only wants to pay salary so that they can ride you to the stump!
Priority started off good but ended up like every other private service.
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 19, 2019
This job was good at first. Dispatch does whatever they want and management will not have your back when it comes to them. Everyday there is a change in rules and it is hard to keep up. Your feelings do not matter here, do not express them. You’re talked to like you are the scum of the earth by management. Pack a lunch if you want to eat.
Pros
Pay is okay
Cons
No breaks/ Dispatch is your boss/ No structure/ No support from management
great field people to work with
National Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALApril 18, 2019
Typical Ambulance service. field employees are great. Fun environment as long as your getting your job done. flexible shifts and accommodating schedules
It was an semi productive company to work for.
Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 15, 2019
The company is growing by quantity not quality, it could also use more professionalism in each department to better the staff and the production of the department.
It all comes boils down to Poor Management.
EMERGENCY DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 15, 2019
Management from Dispatch to Operations is a pure example of incompetence of the upmost. Priority has all of their priorities messed up ironically. Management doesn't even know how to effectively manage people or situations that need managing. ALL Management allows crews especially to do whatever they want despite certain policies put in place that say otherwise. The lack of structure is laughable and they always wait until something goes completely wrong to fix anything when they could prepare for most things ahead of time. Management also participates in gossiping about employees instead of being an example of excellence. This place is good for learning the basics of dispatching but if you have experience DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT SELL YOURSELF SHORT BY WORKING HERE. YOU CAN DO BETTER.
Pros
Hours, benefits
Cons
Management, pay, and management
Find a better company
Pre-Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 12, 2019
It's no secret that this is among the worst of the companies in the area for medical billing. Not only do they pay you little to begin with, but they have short-changed me paychecks and never corrected the problem. I even know someone whose pay got reduced here without being notified of the reduction. Seriously, it's a revolving door for a reason... It's the most unbearable, dirty office environment I've ever worked in, and I've been in billing for a few years now. Stay away!
Pros
there aren't any
Cons
no lunch room, everybody quits because of management, mandatory overtime
Outdated Equipment
EMT (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 2, 2019
The equipment we use for our runs is extremely outdated, and I've had to work upwards of 12 hours before (why not just hire additional EMTs?). Pay is within the acceptable range for EMTs
Pros
none at this time
Cons
outdated equipment, lengthy shifts
Pre-Billing
Pre-Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 1, 2019
Lots of available hours, especially on weekends (a time when a lot of billers are pressured to work). However, no amount of hours can make up for the inadequate wages compared to other billing jobs in the Indy area. I wouldn't wish work at this company onto anyone
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
management, low pay, militaristic office culture.
Toxic
BI Administrator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 30, 2019
The company has a tendency of piling two jobs onto one person and assigning you duties entirely unrelated to your job function. I went to HR about this, but there's only one rep in the entire company, so she deferred to my manager, who was upset with me for going to HR about needing to hire people who could do a lot of the stuff I was being asked to do.

With the lack of documentation, team leads, directors, and Standard Operating Procedures, this kind of runaround isn't uncommon. The organization ends up being very "flat" because the budget doesn't permit the hiring of necessary personnel. Also, management would ask me to remote into old desktops, which contained software licenses, as opposed to getting the software installed on our new computers. It was honestly unbelievable.
Pros
free flu shots
Cons
no structure, no raises, no feedback, no SOPs, no cafeteria
Medical Biller
Pre-Biller (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 22, 2019
I worked in the Billing department, and left pretty quick because of the hostie attitude demonstrated by some managers in the office. I made good friends with other billers but I could not believe how much yelling, taunting, and cut-throat competition there was by some salaried workers. Plus they didn't tell me that I wouldn't be receiving benefits. I could barely make it on $12 an hour and then they avoid giving me benefits???
Pros
nice billers, lots of weekend hours available
Cons
hostile environment, yelling, no benefits
Benefits were not included
AEMT (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 19, 2019
I just needed to find another job to get career advancement, and the fact that they didn’t offer benefits was truly unappealing. But it was a good job when I got out of school
Very poor managers
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 29, 2018
Go work for AMR or for one of the fire departments that have civilian EMTs & medics.. consider anywhere else. Nice new ambulances. Not able to keep up with calls, short staffed. They turf calls to AMR.
Very poor managers....
Emt
EMT (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 16, 2018
New to the area I had lots of options of ambulance services to choose from, and I enjoyed the interviews I had with meeting different managers. There are lots of opportunities to pick up shifts and get OT hours. I enjoy my partner who welcomed the rookie.
Pros
Friendly employees in the field and in dispatch
Cons
Seniority helps with shift preference, and I'm new
Maricopa Ambulance, Phoenix Arizona
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2018
I don't recommend anybody even apply here. They give the job to anybody with a pulse. The management is incompetent and have lack of experience. There are no written policies really they just come as they please. Everything is numbers based and its all about money. You have to look out for yourself and your partner. Union based but they are slow on getting everything.
Pros
pay, helping people
Cons
management, nobody ever has information available
This place is a joke.
Emergency Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 8, 2018
The 'managers' and 'shift leaders' have no clue on how to do anything. You have to be in the 'group' or you get written up about every week, training is a joke, almost everyone is rude in there, and nobody tries to help you if you have questions. This is one of the most underpaid jobs I have ever worked. Their version of training is putting you at a desk and answering the phone and when/ if you get something wrong (keep in mind they don't tell you what you need or what to say) you get yelled at from across the room.
Find a BETTER Agency!!!
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Memphis,TNSeptember 15, 2018
I would never recommend someone to accept a job at this agency as a dispatcher. Dispatchers at this agency are underpaid among a number of other things. Dispatch management lacks experience in 911communications and leadership skills. Do not expect anyone in management to correct crews or take up for the dispatchers. Furthermore, the training is nonexistent. You are basically left to figure out things for yourself. Expect to also share an area with nurses, who tend to be loud while you’re attempting to take 911 calls. I could continue on with a long list. PLEASE take hend to this review. I wouldn’t recommend this place of employement to my worst enemy.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, no lunch, 12hr shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priority Ambulance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1