Priority Dispatch, Inc. Pay & Benefits reviews

You work on your own.
Independent driver (Former Employee) –  West Branch, MIMay 29, 2019
Big mismanagement problems. Too much favoritism. MANAGEMENT personnel dont get back if a problem occurs. No return driving pay for stats. You work on your own within the hours of acceptance
Cons
No benefits unless in management
Enjoy being independent but has it's drawbacks
Pharmaceudical courier (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHDecember 30, 2018
Work is pleasant enough, but the wear and tear on your vehicle bites you in the end without enough compensation to balance. Almost to 300,000 miles with 3 years left to pay on my car loan. Been here 8+ years and have made less and less each year than the year before.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Compensation too low and decreasing
Not the best place to apply
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHDecember 13, 2018
Driving for this company was ok. Pay is not horrible but could be better. You use your own car so a lot of miles. Nursing staff can be rude also. Best time to work is late night because pay is better then. I would have stayed but pay is bi-weekly and i need weekly and dont dare ask for advancement or suffer from being treated like you asked for a handout and not an advance.
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
Rude office staff
May 24, 2019

Here at Priority we care deeply about our Independent Contractor partners and want them all to have successful careers. Over our 46 year history, we have taken pride in the relationship we have developed with our Independent Contractor partners and look forward to continuing that great relationship in the years to come. We are a family business and here at Priority Dispatch we are always willing to listen to our IC partners, and to go the extra mile for them.

Courier
Courier/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 9, 2018
Once I started doing bank runs, it was fine and the pay was OK, just had to work about 12 hrs a day. After 3 years the numbers of runs each day was going to be cut in half or less and Management said that more work would be available, but gave no indication of when that would happen. Several employees left at that point.
Pros
Scheduled work day and somewhat easy going
Cons
Less time to spend with family and no benefits
Ups and downs
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator/Driver (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHSeptember 4, 2018
Working in the warehouse was good here for a short time period, due to poor management and work place drama it became a place that I did not want to work at or be apart of.
Pros
Other employees free tea
Cons
Many
Not a good place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 10, 2018
Save yourself the headache and wear on your vehicle the money is not good at all. It use to pay well now due to company changes it's not worth the expenses your going to incur.
Pros
You work at your leisure as a contractor. You choose your schedule
Cons
Bad pay
April 13, 2018

We have many drivers who continue to contract with Priority and benefit from this relationship. Like most courier companies, Priority Dispatch’s model is Independent Contractors. We have over 450 Independent Contractors that service various specialized pharmacies across Ohio, Kentucky and Michigan. Our commission rates are benchmarked and align with most our competitors for medical couriers. Our Independent Contracts enjoy the tax advantages of their Sole Proprietor Status and Small Business ownership.
Every contractor is encouraged to grow their own business, not only by contracting more with Priority Dispatch, but with other Logistics companies as well.

Mis-managed
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 20, 2018
I wish I could say the way this place is operated is out of the norm but sadly it seems more and more places in the Dayton area treat workers like cattle. The favoritism is ridiculous the pay is low and management is less than sufficient. If you don't like it, leave we can find 5 more idiots to fill the job. It would be great for anyone with no self respect or bills to pay.
It's beyond me why some of these ppl have been here for years, I'm guessing they have an "in" with management and are taken care of, there is a big turn over in stat drivers however. Anyone that has a brain knows the pharmacutical business is a cash cow, but it's not the herd that reaps the benefits, it's the upper echelon.
Pros
Cons
Pay, favoritism, pay, management pay
Low pay a lot of work!!!
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 12, 2018
Bad management. As a dispatcher you most figure everything out and do everything. You might as well run the company. Dispatchers are treated horrible. Low pay and a lot of work. If something goes wrong, dispatch will be blamed.
Pros
PTO but you can only take off a small window of days limited coverage.
Cons
Low pay, bad management
February 15, 2018

Our Dispatchers are a very important part of our team. They dispatch the Immediate or STAT drivers across all shifts. When issues arise that can’t be solved, we have escalation processes in place to include both dispatch and operational managers. It is very important that the Dispatcher escalates the issues so the patients receive their medications.

Associates are eligible for Paid Time Off at hire, and are expected to plan and request time off in advance. Dispatchers make an hourly wage and recently received a 2% discretionary bonus, based upon the success of the organization. They receive other benefit as well.

Growing Company
Operations (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 10, 2018
Priority is very fast paced and is growing. Opportunities are good for individuals who are interested in advancement and are team players!

The Independent Contractors are important to us achieving what the customers need. The company leadership insists that drivers and associates are treated fairly.

Most associates show a high level of commitment to the customer and to the company.
Pros
Good Time Off Policies, Decent Benefits
Cons
Limited Overtime
Place cheets drivers on pay
Leed driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 17, 2018
you call off work for any reason they get a driver pay him double pay take the money from your check
Also they change pay on trips all the time for instance a local once payed 15.00 now it's 5.75
Worst company in the world to work for
They cheet on pay, go ahead give thema try I give you 2 weeks
Pros
Cons
Pay, supervision
March 10, 2018

All of our drivers at Priority Dispatch, Inc are Independent Contractors that are responsible for their contracted routes. Successful contractors take pride in their work and making sure their contracts are covered by qualified drivers to meet our customers’ needs. One of our company values is improvement, so we are always looking at our processes and improving them so they benefit our customers, contractors and associates. Any time a deduction is needed for one of our contractors it is our policy to make sure that they are informed ahead of time and understand it. Our commissions structures are set contractually with each individual contractor. For stats we do have a set minimum and per mile rates that are established by the contract. We do also negotiate with our contractors on emergent runs and those rates could vary depending on the requirements of the run.

Don't apply
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 16, 2018
I worked here for some time and they are playing a very nasty game"turnover" simply you come and you run the route for a month then you quit after you discovered how expensive the fuel is as well as other expenses "truck maintenance, insurance and so on". simply they always on the move looking for drivers that way if you want to leave it won't cost them a tear. Many people left and joined some other companies. ooh by the way you don't get paid unless SCI wants to so good luck waiting for 16 days to get your money..... this company is a tricky one. Save your time and efforts other wise you will lose your truck and money. Godness people this is America and it is 2018 FUEL PRICE IS NOT FREE.. pay people right
Pros
1 person in management was ok
Cons
low pay. high risk on the contractor side
March 10, 2018

All of our drivers are Independent Contractors that operate their own vehicles and enjoy the benefits of small business ownership. Our drivers are commissioned every other Wednesday. We are a family owned company with 45 years of experience and have the great pleasure of celebrating great longevity with many of our contractor. Recently we celebrated milestones with contractors with over 20-30 years of contracted service. Priority Dispatch Inc is very proud that we have one of the lowest turnover rates in our industry.

hurry up and wait for pharmacy
Driver (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHDecember 6, 2017
The work was easy, the pay was cut , the driver is responsible for paying for everything, bwc, car insurance,hand scanners, maintaince on car, gas in car, cargo insurance, uniforms
March 10, 2018

Like most courier companies, Priority Dispatch’s model is Independent Contractors. We have over 350 Independent Contractors that service various specialized pharmacies across Ohio and Michigan. Our commission rates are benchmarked and align with most our competitors for medical couriers. Our Independent Contracts enjoy the tax advantages of their Sole Proprietor Status.

Poor management.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 6, 2017
I worked as IC in Columbus, Ohio. The problem is some folks get higher pay for less work while others get low pay for more work. Payroll should be merit/route based not friendship based.
Now, the turn over is high since the rates being offered are outright foolish to consider working with Priority in Columbus. I challenge anyone get in touch with anyone that has worked with Priority in Columbus and tou will know the sad truth.
Pros
Convenient part time work.
Cons
Waterfall of failure starting from the so called "management."
not very good
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHDecember 4, 2017
never get a day off because not enough drivers to train in different areas no time off or holidays no benefits management was a bunch of idiots didnt know what they were doing terrible place they only care about the company making money not drivers.
Pros
Cons
everything
Independant contractor
Pharmaceutical Courier (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 6, 2017
The job was fast paced and busy.
Great for part time supplemental income.
Most love to drive.
Supervisors were available for training and incentives of overtime.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
high mileage on vehicles
Not worth it.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 4, 2017
I worked third shift. To much money spent on gas. Not to mention wear and tear on your car. Only got paid for dropping the product off. Your did not get paid for the return trip. Very low paying job.
April 12, 2019

In the courier industry, it is typical for the courier to be paid loaded miles. Returned trips are dispatched when available. Our independent contractors enjoy many tax benefits and have the option of taking on multiple contracts with other companies as well as with us.

We have many drivers that continue to contract with Priority and benefit from this relationship.

Priority Dispatch
Medical Courier (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHMay 29, 2017
Good compnay to work for, but you have to use your own car. There benefits suck and and health insurance is a joke. I would go back there to work if I found myself needing a job in a hurry, but would move on when I found something better.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
You have to use your own car
June 20, 2017

All couriers that contract with Priority are in charge of their own small business; managing their own time off, including vacations and holidays. These entrepreneurs make decisions in finding healthcare for themselves and their employees.

Great Side Job
Health Care Services Contractor (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHMay 13, 2017
First off let me start by saying there is no job work/life balance. A typical day at work evolves no less than 12 hours more like 14-16 to make any real money. The management has favorites, and takes advantage of literally, everyone. They seem to be always short of drivers and are always looking for coverage and there is no additional compensation for covering. The hardest part of the job is there is no work life balance. As for the most enjoyable part of the job I'm really not sure what that would be.
Pros
You are your own boss.
Cons
no work/life balance

Comment – June 20, 2017

We appreciate the hours that our couriers drive to help meet our customers' needs. It is important that our independents contractors commit to timeframes that also permits then family balance and safe driving.

Very flexible hours
Dispatch Driver (Current Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHJanuary 12, 2017
They have others going all day long.

Its easy to fit around whatever schedule you have.

The more orders you deliver the more money you make

You get paid based on mileage.
Pros
Flexiility
Cons
There's really no room for advancement
Terrible place to work
Medical Courier (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 20, 2016
Not a understanding company pays terrible and doesn't pay correctly nasty attitudes thru out the whole company I would not refer anyone to work at this company
Pros
Flexible schedule

Comment – June 20, 2017

I am sorry that you have a bad experience with Priority. As most courier companies do, we pay per mile for delivery which is discussed during the on-boarding process.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priority Dispatch, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9