PRIORITY EXPRESS Employee Reviews

Can be stressful inconsistent and lack of communication
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 6, 2019
I was promised pay I didn't receive I got a route with sufficient pay it was taken away from me I was given a longer route working 7 days making less
Pros
Cons
Many
courier (Former Employee) –  Boothwyn, PAMarch 7, 2019
Very nice environment. The people are very helpful. The hours are very flexible. I enjoyed working there because I was able to work the hours my children was in school.
Pros
Helpful. Flexible
Do not work here
Package Courier (Former Employee) –  your homeFebruary 4, 2019
I wouold never recommend working here. You have to use your own personal car and u get no compensatiton for gas,ware and tare on your vehicle, and u only get pay between when you have the package to its destination. So if u had to drive 15 miles to get the package and it was 5 miles away. You only get paid for the 5 milles
Priority Express
Delivery Driver Straight Truck '26 Foot (Former Employee) –  Lincoln Park, NJJanuary 3, 2019
Palletizing
Delivery Driver Straight Truck 26 Foot
Breaks down delivery load on single pallet into multiple pallets with smaller loads
Adheres to all department of transportation requierements and regulations
I work midnight so it was very relaxed
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 20, 2018
I like working at priority Express because it was a federal drug distribution plant. It was in Des Moines Iowa so for me coming from Detroit Michigan to I wear with a great experience . At that time the pay wage was was great and was able to live above the poverty level.
Pros
Working midnights pay vacations and bonuses
Cons
I'll wear house flooded and I have to move
Company Sold
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 13, 2018
BevEx purchased Company in 2013. Currently Account Manager for Central Tranport. Priority Exprees was a very good company to work for. Handled Office Max, Cardinal Health, McKesson, and Amerisource Bergen accounts.
Pros
Financially Stable
Cons
24 - 7 calls
Productive and relaxed
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAJune 6, 2018
Everyday you completed your assigned route with an occasional STAT run. there were some difficult driving days due to the weather. But overall it was a easy laid-back job.
Busy, but lonely, and insecure
Courier (Current Employee) –  Chester, PAMay 23, 2018
I love this job for the financial gain. But there are no real benefits unless you have your own backup driver, and the job demands specific hours, and if I can't cover those hours, it becomes easy to be replaced.
Pros
Hr break
Cons
Wear and tear on car
Company culture and direction
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Boothwyn, PAMay 2, 2018
Lack of leadership. Resources are not available. Support is non existent. Start up location in my sales arena with minimal or no operational support. Would not recommend/refer to anyone.
good management
Courier/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 30, 2018
Friendly place and good routes.
They offered holiday parties to reward employees
. The pay was good with regular raises.
.Company no longer in business.
I would still work there.

Pros
good pay
Cons
long days sometimes
Courier (Former Employee) –  Boothwyn, PAApril 28, 2018
no loyalty or respect for work worked from 8;30 am to 8;30 pm. No matter what I did management could find fault in it, There is a great deal of turnover.
Pros
non
Cons
no loyalty
The worst job I have ever had!
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Boothwyn, PAApril 11, 2018
It only took me about 2 months to find out that there were many problems from racism to Very Poor Management! The two owners were there on a daily bassis and never introduced themselves to me. As a matter of fact, I introduced myself, after a month of passing their offices, to one of them and he looked at me like what was I doing interrupting him.
I quit when the manager lied to my face. Then tried to wiggle his way out of it by blaming me for checking up on what he said. Idiots!!!!
Pros
Nice location
Cons
Everything else from the people that work there to the Blatant Disrespect
Love the job - dislike the company
Courier (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAMarch 15, 2018
I work as a courier within a hospital system. Over the course of each day, the job is good. There are great people in all of the offices and labs I visit; I get decent exercise; the hours are good compared to the overall pay, and I have plenty of time to spend with my family.
However, I do not get sick days - ever. If I"m close to death, I have to find my own replacement as management will not be responsible, and will make no attempt to find someone to fill in. I have requested days off with a replacement driver only to have management tell me that I could not use the specific driver (despite other drivers using them to fill in, and cannot get the day'days off. They have cut the pay for our routes twice in the past eight months with contradicting explanations. There is no expectation of a pay raise, benefits or a climate change among management and there is absolutely no chance for advancement, promotion or pay increase. It is a good fill in job, but I am ridiculously overqualified for it and need something that represents my experience and will utilize my extensive skill set.
Pros
Good hours, great people at the stops, decent pay
Cons
poor management, pay cuts, no chance of advancement
good
Delivery (Former Employee) –  Williston, VTFebruary 19, 2018
good place to work if you like getting paid way less than it takes to make a decent life in chittenden county here in good old vermont. But no one like that
Hostile Work Environment
Courier Service (Former Employee) –  Boothwyn, PAFebruary 6, 2018
The workers and managers alike constantly talk about inappropriate and distasteful subjects including photographing the bathroom and laughing about someone's personal business. It's like working in a juvenile detention center.
Pros
Money wasn't bad for a part time job
Cons
Everything else
Poor communication, only plus is the salary
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDJanuary 9, 2018
The workplace environment there is very fast-paced and demanding. They never recognized the hard work i put into the company and never trained me on how to properly use the machinery in the warehouse. This location lacks teamwork and communication. I'm sure the PA location is a lot more friendly and organized.
same routine
warehouse worker/Route Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDNovember 27, 2017
everyday is the same.contracts are given/fast pace,overall no benefits,they have potential/not guaranteed work/no long term given out/every man for them selves
office supply delivery routes
Route Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 7, 2017
checking in and unloading of trucks, sorting of freight and forklift duties. loads and unloads personal delivery van. manage paperwork and planning of own route.
Terrible pay, no support, terrible operations
Station Manager (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDOctober 13, 2017
1. Upper management stuck in ways. Not open to new ideas
2. Uppermanagement doing unfair practices
3. No upper management support
4. No formal training. You are to learn on your own
5. Reviews are non existant until the review date. You are walking blind throughtout the year.
Cons
Terrible benefits, terrible pay to contractors
Good place to work if you can handle a job with no benefits.
Contract Driver (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 9, 2017
I loved the job because I was basically my own boss. I had to maintain my vehicle, with a lot of insurance because of the value of what I delivered. I had an established route with some cargo going off the route. Had to be on time every day so promptness was key. Some days I worked up to 10 hrs. and other days only 6 hrs. but 8 was the ave.
Pros
Working on my own and no one to stand over me. Also working outdoors.
Cons
Vehicle brakedowns and maintenance.