Prism Medical Products, LLC Employee Reviews

Terrible
Client Relations representative (Former Employee) –  Elkin, NCFebruary 25, 2019
Management does not care about their team members unless it's their buddy. They served alcohol on Fridays around 3:00 for a while. Computer technology is behind the times and always freezing up. Work life balance.....none!
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Low pay, molded building, not enough parking
Great start to any career in the healthcare industry/medical sales.
Associate Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkin, NCJanuary 21, 2019
Prism takes care of the Account Management team very well and something that stood out to me was that they covered the housing costs for the 3-month Associate Account Management (AAM) program in Elkin, NC. This provides a huge advantage for anyone in the program to start saving up for the relocation upon graduating from the program. The 3-month training program was very intense but it is made for you to succeed and they are there to help you when you need it. Everyone was very helpful/nice in the corporate office and I felt like I could ask anyone for a favor or for guidance, which is sometimes hard to find in a company. The most enjoyable part of the job would be seeing the happy faces and personable employees - that has always inspired me. The hardest part of the job is adapting to the constantly changing requirements set by the insurance companies and procedures that change within Prism due to this. A big change can happen overnight and takes time to retrain your mind after doing something for a while in one way, but that could be looked at as a positive here too. There is so much to say about Prism but I'll tell you maybe the most important thing to note is there is A LOT of product knowledge and step-by-step procedures to learn but in the end, you will be very efficient at your job and Prism looks to help everyone reach new levels of confidence.
Pros
For Account Management: Food budget, travel budget, bonuses, flexible hours, company card & vehicle provided, housing for training period provided, relocation package
Cons
For Account Management: Capped commission, territory assignment announced in week 8-9, relatively low salary/almost no adjustment in salary for cost of living in territory
Good Job
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 17, 2018
It was a smaller company and everyone there was very friendly and very helpful. It was a very fast paced work place and there was not a lot of down time.
Pros
Fun work place.
Great Vision
Client Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 16, 2018
I've enjoyed working with prism for some time now and love the vision the company has for growth. staff is very family oriented and management genuinely cares for their employees.
Review
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkin, NC 28621October 15, 2018
Low base salary, good place to start if looking for intro to medical sales. Many employees stay for one year or more and are usually offer jobs shortly after
Ok place to work if you don't mine not getting off at the time specified
Client Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elkin, NCJuly 23, 2018
I would clock in before 9am and wouldn't get off work until after 6pm even though my schedule was 9-6. I rarely got off work at 6pm and I drove an hour each way and had a child at home. My spouse worked nights that way someone was with our child at all times. There were times when she had to stay alone for up to an hour because our systems would go down and it's mandatory for you to stay to get the orders out, which I understand but when it comes to a parent having to be home with their child, they didn't understand that. I was put into a situation to where I had to choose my job or my child, of course I chose my child and was told by my coordinator that I may get wrote up for that. Well, I no longer work there. If you don't mind working for a company that says Family is First and proves something different, then this is the place to work.
Pros
An hour lunch, can listen to music
Cons
No breaks just your lunch break
Management is terrible!!!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Elkin, NCJuly 4, 2018
Management in all departments is terrible. They’re only worried about themselves and helping themselves succeed. They’ll throw you under the bus in a heartbeat just to save themselves and to keep from having to admit that they made a mistake. There is no room for advancement at Prism.
Fun and laid-back
Shipping Coordinator/DC Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 24, 2018
Prism has a good work culture, most employees are proud to work here. Management is mostly good. Fast-paced but fun and casual. Learned quite a bit about wound care, client care, and shipping.
Great Place to work
BUSINESS SYSTEMS SPECIALIST - TECHNOLOGY (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 3, 2018
Prism is a great place to work that promotes a team atmosphere and continually pushes employees to success! Great events sponsored by the company throughout the year to bring everyone together.
Over worked underpaid
Customer care (Former Employee) –  Elkin, NCFebruary 26, 2018
During my time at Prism Medical I had very few advancements, the work load was tremendous and you never new what time you would be getting off because you could not leave until the job was complete for the day. Most of the management was very poor and young with lack of experience on how to actually manage.Turn over is extremely high; Personally I feel like it was so high do to all the career advancements they advertise when you get the job but when you actually get in you realize the advancements and promises are nonexistent. And be prepared to spend your time on all the volunteer work they sign up for and the assignments they send you home with or you will be frowned upon.
Pros
Mon- Fri.
Cons
management, take work home with you, worked later than expected. work load
Poor Place To Work
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Elkin, NCDecember 30, 2017
Very poor quality place to work. The manager for data entry is a bully and likes to show off. There is no team spirit due to the management. Providing alcohol while working is also a bad perspective with this company. There is NO room for advancement if the manager or the team supervisor does not like you. There are MANY HIPPA violations going on there and should be looked into.
Pros
type of job
Cons
poor management
Truly a Fast-Developing Career and Company
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Elkin, NCMay 19, 2017
Prism is the best company I have ever worked for. I love it here because there are so many growth and development options for me. It is a lot of hard work because the company is growing so fast, but it is so rewarding to see how much I have grown professionally, financially and overall as a person. I learn something new every day and I love the excellent values the company stands behind and upholds to patients and clients every day. BEST PLACE TO WORK!
Pros
Growth and Development
Growing Company
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Elkin, NCJanuary 17, 2017
Prism is growing so fast and it provides a lot of opportunity for my professional development. The company is flexible and it is a great place to work!
Pros
Culture, Hours, Great Executive Team
Cons
Workload
Great place to work if you prefer not to work directly with patients
Associate Representative (Current Employee) –  Elkin, NCJanuary 14, 2017
This is a great place to work if you prefer no physical patient contact and/or still trying to figure out what you want to do with your life. Working here has definitely made me realize what I am meant to do.
Growing Pains
Territory Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Elkin, NCDecember 28, 2016
Overall a great company, still in its early years and hasn't developed all of the necessary assets it needs. Salary could use improving but an excellent starting position.
Pros
Almost total autonomy
Cons
Salary, lack of insurance contracts
Learning experience
Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Elkin, NCNovember 10, 2016
I learned a tremendous amount of healthcare information with this company. They will train you during a three week course on the information you will need to know based on your future placement in their company. They have great hours for their employees to work and great benefits and pay.
Very Productive and great place to work at.
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 17, 2016
▪ Achieved 100% of quota for every quarter with position
▪ Represented over 15 broad manufactures and balanced all successfully
▪ Converted and serviced over 100 wound care clinics and physicians
▪ Developed the Austin, Houston, San Antonio and South Texas territory and grew market organically since 2012
▪ Actively instructing healthcare professional with the use of wound care supplies
▪ Technical sales and maintaining wound care clinic presence
Productive, overwhelmingly stressful, fast paced, but interesting
Client Care Representative/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Elkin, NCJanuary 25, 2016
I would come in early, turn on printer and fax. Pull any documents that had been faxed to us and deliver to appropriate Client Care Representative. Refill paper trays on fax/printer. I would then go to my desk, prepare any paperwork, check Assignment Calendar, Conference Room Calendar, and Scheduling Calendar. Retrieve voice mails, deliver mail within office, take mail to post office. I also assisted Administrative Coordinator. I answered calls from patients and medical facilities. Called and obtained insurance eligibilities. Shipped medical supplies to patients. Maintained a good office flow for my fellow employees. My co-workers were supportive and respectable. I learned a lot about time management, organization, accuracy and computer. The hardest part of the job was juggling "administrative duties", customer care responsibilities and reception responsibilities. The most enjoyable part was company wide events that would produce company moral.
Pros
Freebies from sales reps, company lunches and parties.
Cons
"For me"-I was overloaded. Not able to place focus on one position.
Prism Medical Products, LLC
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Elkin, NCAugust 6, 2015
Prism Medical Products, LLC is the best company I have worked for. It is challenging and fast-paced, but it is very rewarding. Patients are always put first, a true example of excellent patient service. Prism is growing extremely fast nationwide and I am grateful to be a part of it!
Productive and fun place to work. Always something new every day. Working with so many different people is very enlightening.
TERRITORY ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 2, 2015
I truly love what I get to do every day. I am making a difference in people's lives - one patient at a time. We are the number one home care delivery service provider for patient's who require Wound Care, Ostomy and Urological medical supplies.
Pros
Freedom

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prism Medical Products, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Prism Medical Products, LLC Reviews by Location