Privately-Owned Employee Reviews

Working
Physical Laborer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 15, 2019
It was my Uncle's business. Everything was done under the books and under the table. Overall though it was a good experience in physical labor and working with a team.
Job description
Landscaper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAApril 11, 2019
The typical day we have on a job would consist of going out to get the supplies needed to complete the job. I've learned on the job that it's different ways of edging, mowing, bush trimming and cutting down trees etc. The management was for the first couple of months after a while started to misinform the boss of how the job was being done even when it was right.
Flexible hours
Professional House cleaning (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MAApril 8, 2019
I worked when I wanted to, it was variable and flexible hours, unfortunately cleaning multiple Residents and commercially affects your overall health as you get older so I had to slow it down
Pros
I was my own boss
Cons
It wears on your joints and body overall
I loved my private case
Private Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 4, 2019
I loved working for my private duty family. They treated me as if I was family. Everyday going to work for them was like a breath of fresh air. Wishing everyone could be so humble.
Work Alone
Freelance Cleaner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2019
The work is easy
There's honesty
You can receive personal tips
The boss is cool
The front door you need a code to enter
And the boss works with you.
Pros
Flexible Hrs
Cons
I need more days and hrs
Fast paced, never at one place for too long.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 1, 2019
You were never at one location for more than a couple of days. Work was consistent but management was an issue and pay was an issue. Work cnsistency is the only upside.
Did not pay any where near enough for a full day of hard work
Ice Cream Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 30, 2019
A typical day would be 3 people in an ice cream truck, one driving, one taking orders and one person making the orders, it was rigorous and required a lot of upper body strength for scooping out the other flavors of ice cream
Pros
Cons
not enough pay
She was a nice employer
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2019
I was working at a privately owned home. My employer was fair and honest. My duties consisted of cleaning her house and taking care of anything else that she needed. She never asked me to do anything that she would't do. I enjoyed working for her, The only reason that I left is because there weren't any benefits. If she ever need help with anything I would surely be there for her.
productive work place
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Kalaheo, HIMarch 17, 2019
I learned how to work in a team environment, A typical work day would consist making beds, cleaning floors, fluffing pillows. making sure bathrooms were stocked with clean towels.
I didn't know this was a real company sorry
commercial fishing (Former Employee) –  Homer, AKMarch 14, 2019
I didn't know that this was a real company sorry but the fishing job I had was great it was from an old friend who was actually my ceramics teacher and she took care of me while I released her of the back-breaking work of running a commercial salmon fishing company
Pros
na
Cons
na
It was a swell experience
Magician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAMarch 12, 2019
I just went around the party and entertained the party members. As well I spent time with people showing them trick's and telling jokes with the party and the owners.
Pros
I was at a party
Cons
I don't know
Extremely hard-working
English and Russian Teacher (Current Employee) –  Urgench, KhorezmMarch 7, 2019
I would love to have a productive, interesting and fun place. The reason for this is that i am really curious amd extremely eager to learn new things. I am sociable as i have not bad experience for speaking and work with tourists.
Pros
Free snacks, lunches
Cons
Short
job type
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALMarch 3, 2019
Great place for child care. Management was always excellent and prompt. Kids have become family and will forever will be. Parents were always great and understanding.
Standard, efficiency and well structured
House Help And Cleaner (Former Employee) –  LagosMarch 3, 2019
Standard and efficiency, there was an organized laid down rules which leads to more productivity. It's well organized to suit every workers capacity. The most significant is the division of labour for a smooth services. Workers to management relationship are also notable and that contribute in smooth running of the services.
Pros
Fast implemetation of policy or work tactics
Cons
Lack of finance to purchase morden cleaning equipment
Good workplace.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHFebruary 25, 2019
Always a good work environment. Customer always comes first and my job is to make sure everything always goes smoothly. I take my job very seriously. Work is my passion.
productive
Secretary/Receptionist/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Frazier Park, CAFebruary 19, 2019
Good employers, and good work environment. the hardest part of the job was that I had I had to do homework while working. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to express myself with my employer's costumers, and I met new people.

NOTE: THIS IS A FAMILY PRIVATELY-OWNED COMPANY
Pros
free lunch and Christmas present
Cons
work on Saturdays
productive and fun place to work
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Crowley, TXFebruary 15, 2019
working in the kitchen was fun and always something new everyday. I learned so much about cooking and prepping food that I never new was a thing. it was well ran and had great rules and outlines to follow and it kept us on track all the time. the hardest part of the job was keeping up with the rush when it happened but once we got passes that it was fun and easy. the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to prep and cook and taste everything that I made and see for myself just how good it was.
The Experience of being an Hedge Fund Manager expanded my ability to demonstrate effective leadership in order to build an authentic community
Hedge Fund Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAFebruary 12, 2019
Constant Communication with Clients and Companies Invested
Team Building, Management and Leadership
Time Management, Customer Service, Networking, Closing Deals.
Negotiation, Evaluation Companies

The Hardest part of the Job is having a Balanced Life style

Building Trust in a long term partnership for Shared Success
Pros
Building Community, and Sharing in its Profits
Cons
Limited time for a balanced life
It was a fun place to work
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILFebruary 5, 2019
It was a fun place to be, but the pay sandy enough. My days were easy, my bosses were fun and very underatanding. Working was a piece of cake most days. I would go and stay with the youngest until the oldest got out of school, then we would go to the park or something.
Great
General Maintenance and Construction (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, UTJanuary 31, 2019
It was an awesome place to work, I would work there again given the chance. They were extremely understanding that as a highschool student I had a busy schedule, and they compromised where they could.