Pro-MotionPix, LLC Employee Reviews

Not to be blunt but this is not career
Photographer / manager (Former Employee) –  All of the Bay Area, CAOctober 11, 2018
I have worked here for a year and a half and can say both good things and bad things about this company depending on how you look at it based on your perspective. If you are looking for a temporary job just to get you by then this is the perfect job for you. This is a full commission job that allows you to stay until the job is done, even if that means working 10+ hours. You will be provided with everything you need to photograph but will have a short amount of time to learn how the company’s process works. I advanced in this company as a manager and was held accountable for everything I didn’t have control of. Higher ups will say things are only getting better in the future and will listen to everyone’s needs but will only leave you to believe that things have changed and will let the situation fizzle out. They are doing nothing but raising there standards for the little amount of pay they offer.
Pros
Medical, dental, job security, very fast job advancement
Cons
Poor management, lack of accountability in their management process
Great experience
Photographer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 14, 2019
I really enjoyed working as a photographer for Pro-MotionPix. The dealership managers were cool and became my friends over time. The job is like a big puzzle. You have to problem solve all day to figure out how to shoot all the cars ready for photos. You overcome obstacles like cars parked in the staging areas, missing keys or dead batteries. You have to know how to deal with these things. When to get the dealer involved, when to ask for help, and when to move on to your next stop.
Pros
Great pay, generous benefits, owners are very involved and you feel like part of a family.
Cons
Can’t think of any
Loving the new pay stucture
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CAJanuary 11, 2019
Wow! How many companies out there actually listen to their employees and make changes based on what they hear? This one! I'm loving the new pay plan which is a combination of base pay plus incentives. A typical day is going straight from home to the dealership to find the cars and shoot them. Walking the lot the right way and communicating with the managers at the dealerships is the hardest part of the job. Management is helpful, and wants to help you succeed and hit bonus.
Pros
Working outside, money, great team.
Cons
When there's bad weather.
Decent Place to work
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 5, 2018
If you are looking for a job that pays well and takes care of their employees look no further. Management is great and fair. Cant say enough about technical support. I worked for the company for a year and a half then relocated to southern California where they recruited me to continue working for them. My employment came to an end due to unavoidable circumstances but overall Promotion-pix is a great company to work for.
Pros
Flexible work, Great compensation, Can make as much money as you want, Great management, Caring, Professional
Cons
No Cons in my experience
Hard work makes life easy!
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CAOctober 8, 2018
This is a company that really cares about both employees and customers. It's not a good job for the lazy, or people who just want to sit around. For people who want to work hard, and get paid MORE for working HARDER and FASTER, then this is the ideal job for you.
Pros
More money for more work!
Cons
Potentially you could run out of cars to shoot, but this hasn't happened to me yet.
Managers will find any reason to fire you if they don’t like you.
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Dublin CaliforniaAugust 24, 2018
Has a great main office with positive and fun people. However if you aren’t a support member or a manager you will never be in the main office. Your job is based off how many pictures of cars you take but everyone impedes your progress so if you’re lucky you can do your job right. Managers don’t listen to you and tell you you’re just doing your job wrong if you don’t get enough pictures. They constantly talk to you in a condescending tone and have unrealistic expectations that they wouldn’t even do themselves. If you love photography and cars and don’t care much about money this is the job for you.
Pros
Friendly support and hr team.
Cons
Managers, dealership employees, no room for error early on.
LOVE my job and my company
Photographer (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CAOctober 8, 2018
I love the free feeling that comes with this job. I get to be outside in the fresh air and (mostly) sunshine doing my thing. Cars are my passion, and so is photography. Getting to be around both of those things all day long is awesome. I get into a groove, just shooting cars, and the hours pass quickly. I have only been with the company for a few months, and I was already promoted. They do recognize you if you stand out as a hard worker producing good quality shots.
Pros
Outdoors, fast paced, paid per car, unlimited income
Cons
Rain, bad weather, occasionally grumpy customers
Owners are not fair to employees
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CASeptember 6, 2018
The owners talk down to employees thus creating a stressful work environment. I would not recommend working for this company as the owners don't really care about their employees
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no heathcare
Changes for the better
Photographer (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJanuary 10, 2018
I have been here for three years and I can honestly say that things are changing for the better. The owners do whatever they can do to make their employees happy. If a dealer isn't treating you right, they will get involved and make sure you're able to get your job done. You can tell they value their employees. They have started with little perks that are awesome, like gift cards mailed to your house for little stuff, nicer jackets and hats, pay increases, etc. This is a fast growing company, so things are constantly changing and evolving.
Pros
Great pay, great work/life balance
Cons
Managing your own time can be tough sometimes, but it's good if you have good self-discipline.
Fun environment with a great team!
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CAAugust 10, 2016
I have worked at Pro-MotionPix for over a year, and I really like my job. The whole team is awesome, and we have alot of fun working. The company is owned by a husband and wife who are really involved in the day to day of the company, and they really care about the employees.
Pros
A thorough paid training process with multiple managers, All equipment is provided, Not in the same place all day every day, Your paycheck reflects how hard you work each pay period, You're not just a number, Managers care for the employees and are always available for advice or help
Cons
You can't be lazy or slow moving.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pro-MotionPix, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Pro-MotionPix, LLC Reviews by Job Title