Pro Star Fulfillment Employee Reviews

its a nice work environment on the shelby side.
lead (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 11, 2019
it's a good place to work but the management is poor... the pay is poor no annual raise...the work pretty easy but the leadership needs working on if they can get the warehouse in order it would be a nice place to work.
Pros
nice people work there.
Cons
short breaks
Worst job I've ever had
Freight Broker (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 15, 2019
I was lied to from the very beginning. Sales goal to reach bonus was increased by 25% after I agreed to the position and two more people were hired. Management is horrible. They tell you one thing and do the exist opposite of what was promised. Favoritism runs rampant and the working environment is toxic. Expect to be on call 24/7 with no help from your supervisor.
Pros
Cons
Horrible managerment, long hours, terrible pay
Very poor work/life balance
Logistics Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 10, 2018
Prostar does not allow you to balance work and life. The hours are far too much to ask, especially for those with families, with almost nothing in return to make it worth it. The management was not very understanding and expected too much from all employees. Even given that, they do not give very much room to make decisions or grow and there is quite a bit of micro-managing among all levels.
productive and boring
picker/packer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 30, 2018
A typical day at work was productive just draggy. I learned the concept of picking and packing oils. The management wasn't really meeting standards we were never on a regular schedule. The culture of the entire warehouse was like a family. the hardest thing was to pick the max of 125 units per hour, but it was only difficult because the product was missing. the most enjoyable thing was the music and the ability to move freely.
Pros
listening to music
Cons
short breaks
Drama
Operation Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 9, 2017
I like the people I worked with in my area and an awesome supervisor, however other areas filled with drama, which causes tension and animosity in the warehouse.
Stressful
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 23, 2017
This is the most stressful job I have ever had in my life. I was a QA Team Lead/ Supervisor. I supervised a team of 30 plus women. It was always something going on negatively that I had to step in and correct. I never had a set time to get off. I had to stay until the work was finished in the warehouse. They Management Team was vey unprofessional and young.
very productive work place with lots to do all the time.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 3, 2017
I loved my job as a receptionist at Baja tans .Great company with great people I call family.Very busy upbeat place to work for.I would come in and work with people that I saw everyday that were very responsible no horse playing we were all there to get a job done .They made it easy to get along with.I would answer phones,make calls and book appointments.Sell products and clothing.We did make a commission off of selling products and clothing/retail.
Pros
the great family i worked with
Cons
the short hoyrs that were given
Pro Star
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 17, 2017
The best part about working at Pro Star was the flexibility between working at home and reporting to the office. There is a lot of turn over in management.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
High turnover rate
bad place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 2, 2016
unorganized and chaotic place to work. they did not know what they where doing and have horrible leadership. They feel people are slaves and they treat them like that.
Third party shippper
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 12, 2015
Our days are time sensitive and very busy from start to finish. We are high paced and high demand. There are always a ton of variables and you never know what one to day to the next will bring.
Tons of learning experience
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis TNSeptember 29, 2015
There was a lot to learn and take in. In the beginning of working there I had several different managers that I was under and each one of them taught me a lot and something new. The pay wasn't that great once I started moving up in the company and the benefits weren't that good either, but after while and once the company started growing. The pay got better and the benefits were really good.
Pros
Good job experience
Cons
Bad Higher up management
Excellent Fulfillment Warehous
Accounts Receivable/Payable (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahFebruary 7, 2014
Family owned business. Therefore the compensation and benefits were minimal. The owner retired and turned the business over to his son who I am sure will take it to the next level.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Original owner micro managed
Great Management, Fun and laid back atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 5, 2012
Pro Star Fulfillment has a range of positions, starting from taping boxes to upper management. The owner is a one of a kind guy, who doesn't take his employees for granted.
The Memphis warehouse is a great division of Pro Star Fulfillment. The Operations Manager is a good leader who has put fun and fair team leaders into place.