proactive md

proactive md insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

I enjoy that I come into work and my workday differs from day to day in the respect of what I'm working on.

Overall, I enjoy my job immensely. My team is very supportive as well as positive in that they teach me how to do new things. Whenever I have a question I either ask my manager or HR and they are always willing to help. I come to work do my job and leave. Lunch is an hour. I have my own workspace which is nice.

Pros

Free snacks, good medical benefits, on-site gym, business casual (jeans allowed) at corporate office

Great place to work!

I love working for this company and am thankful for the team here! It has been amazing to see all of the growth across the country in such a short time!

Pros

Significant growth opportunity, good pay, great people

Dedicated to transforming healthcare

At Proactive MD, the Patient Promise is at the core of everything we do. We are a growing company with a passion for providing the highest quality care for patients, and you can truly feel that across the organization. There are many amazing opportunities here, as Proactive MD looks to transform the healthcare space!

Pros

Strong benefits, mission-driven

November 22, 2021
We are so glad to hear of your positive experience at Proactive MD! Thank you for being a vital part of our mission and fighting for our patients' greatest good. If you have any further feedback to provide, please reach out: jrhodes@proactive.md.

Proactive MD delivers on the patient promise and every day is mission driven

In my time at Proactive MD, I have been universally inspired from the frontlines to the highest level of leadership. If you want to work somewhere that focuses on quality and delivering on the patient promise every day, Proactive MD is the place for you. I am grateful to work with a team that is collaborative, fun-loving, and responsive.

Pros

Supportive work environment, high quality patient care

High Growth, Fast Paced, Learn Tons

Proactive MD is going through a period of huge growth and moving at a fast pace. This can present a lot of challenges for sure, but it also is a very exciting time at the company. As we navigate through changes and new implementations, there are bound to be tough lessons to learn. But we have a solid team, a leadership team that cares about the employee and the patient, and incredible frontline workers delivering on our Patient Promise every day.

Pros

strong benefits, above average pay

November 19, 2021

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Slow, boring and untrustworthy place to work

Such a horrible managed company. Definitely won't survive in the midwest. Management inexperienced and know nothing but yet are supposed to train you on their systems and have no clue how to. Also does not disclose the hazardous conditions that they now are trying to enforce you work in. Supposed to be a clinic nurse job not working throughout a highly volatile ammonia plant, expected to do things outside your scope of practice, never discussed upon hire and Huge safety concerns. If I wanted to work for the industries they contracted through then I would of applied for that company. When brought to management's attention it was escalated to upper management and they had no concern or care for employees safety.

November 19, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We're so sorry that this was your experience, but we value your voice and are always working to improve the employee experience at Proactive MD. We do have several methods of reporting should you ever feel unsafe in your job environment, including a dedicated People Operations team and an online platform to report any issues anonymously if you wish. Regardless, we're sorry to hear of this situation and will be investigating this matter immediately. If you have any further feedback, please reach out: jrhodes@proactive.md. Thank you for fighting for the greatest good of our patients.

Terrible management and job cukture

I loved my job there. Until I didn’t. The original company was amazing and dedicated to improving the lives of patients. After the buyout from Proactive MD, the company is money-hungry and most of these people should not be in healthcare, 1. And 2. Should not be managers. Any person who has worked in a clinical setting would be able to recognize that. I switched from proactive to a regional hospital system and the leadership alone is light years above. Proactive has gotten rid of anyone who could actually make a legitimate difference in patients lives and the salary stands out by what, $5k more than a similar position? If that. It is not worth it. The managers of clinics are never available. When they are they will give you outstanding performance reviews and then reprimand you off hear-say. This company does not and will not have your back. They’re always and only about the patient - even when the patients are against their own. Do yourself a favor, make a little less money and invest your time and skills at a company that appreciates you. You will not regret it.

Pros

Set schedule

November 19, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We're so sorry that this was your experience, but we value your voice and are always working to improve the employee experience at Proactive MD. If you have any further feedback, please reach out: jrhodes@proactive.md. Thank you for fighting for the greatest good of our patients.

Proactive is awful- no regards to clinical employees or clients!!

Run, run, run!!!!The management is awful, the clinical staff is keep in the dark about everything. Management lies and does not have your back!! They make clients happy with false promises, then lay blame on clinical staff when clients are upset!Loved the patients, had a good relationship with all my patients, loved them.I worked for PMD for a couple of years, during that time I watched good, hard working people get fire for no reason, no warning, no reprimand, nothing!!!I have now experienced this first hand!! It is ridiculous how a company can have little to no concern for their employees! PMD will tell you what you want to hear to bring you on board, but once you’re hired it’s a total different story!!Always wondering if you will have a job tomorrow!!STAY AWAY!!!

Great place to work!

I worked in a large corporate environment prior to my role at PMD, and it has truly been refreshing. The company is growing quickly so there is an all hands on deck mentality. With growth comes change, but I can say for sure this company is doing everything for the right reasons which is the betterment of the patients and clients they serve. It has been great to work alongside such talented, motivated individuals who are so bought into the company's mission and patient promise. I have felt more appreciated here than I ever have in my career and feel empowered to have difficult conversations when necessary to move the company forward.

Pros

Mission driven, Fast paced, Open dialogue, committed to doing what's right

November 19, 2021

Innovative and patient-centered health care company

Proactive MD provides employees the opportunity to continually learn and undertake tasks that will challenge he/she to create professional growth. This company has experienced rapid growth and strives to optimize health care each day to create healthier patients and workplaces.

Great patients.

It is an interesting environment. I appreciate learning telemed and using the equipment. Needs are not always met in a timely manner. The NPs are great to work with and knowledgeable. Poor manager. No communication. Lied to often. Can be a hostile environment to work in.

Pros

1 hour lunch break

Cons

Very poor manager. Little to no communication. Poor orientation. Extremely high turnover rate.

Good entry level positions

I worked at Proactive for a year and resigned due to personal reasons. While I enjoyed my time there, over the last two months there were waves of lay offs and firings in both SC and Indiana due to rebranding and restructuring. Many felt their job security was shaky, myself included.

Pros

Good entry level positions. Employee lunches. Nice office.

Cons

Job security, lack of ability to advance in some departments.

No Job Security and Unstable

Working here I felt little to no job security and I felt no clear direction. Many changes and a lot of unanswered questions. Culture is failing due to the employment uncertainty and lack of transparency. Many employees that have been with the company before the merger with Wellness (3+ years) are gone and the focus has changed in my opinion from quality/partnership to profit. It’s difficult to work when employees don’t know if they have a job next week or next month. Also, little to no communication for staffing changes or layoffs. Little to communication from leadership on the strategic vision or future. My employment felt shaky and unable.

Pros

Paycheck received on time

Cons

Communication, Leadership, Job Security

November 19, 2021

Was great when it was Wellness, proactive, not so much

Job and work culture was great when it was Wellness, when it turned to proactive md, it became toxic. Good nurses were lost. Phasing out RN and hiring CMA's. No rhyme or reason with pay. Nurses with 20+ years experience making $7 an hour less than newer nurses. Hiring and firing was insane. Turn over was terrible and the clients we took care of could sense the instability.

Pros

good schedule

Cons

unfair pay, no security

November 19, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We're so sorry that this was your experience, but we value your voice and are always working to improve the employee experience at Proactive MD. We have worked hard to standardize our pay based on years of experience in the field in order to avoid pay discrepancies in the future. If you have any further feedback, please reach out: jrhodes@proactive.md. Thank you for fighting for the greatest good of our patients.

Management is very favorable to loyalist, culture is very intimidating, and the company does not respect the clinical team members!

Initially I thought the company was very inclusive, supportive, and really cared about their employees and health centers. Management is really driven by employees appearance oppose to their true attributes to the company and their position. I joined the company after the company went through an acquisition, and less than one month later the team became dismantled. I watched a female leader do a wonderful job managing the clinical teams and stabilizing operations. When there was an opportunity to advance this women she was overlooked and someone was brought in with less experience and peoples skills. I begin to see quickly if you were not loyal you would not survive at the company. They fired good people just because they didn't fit in or wasn't a culture fit! This company will not survive and their leadership team does not reflect diversity. I would encourage anyone that is looking to build a career to not look to work for this company.

Pros

Salary is competitive and flexible work schedules.

Cons

Unstable, leadership team very unprofessional

Untrustworthy, Deceitful and Overly Non-Transparent

Loved what this company used to represent for many years. The culture was unmatched and you couldn't have met a better medical staff. Unfortunately, that reputation was a reflection of Wellness for Life and after being bought-out by PMD, everything hit a steep decline. It became very unstable for every position in the company. Every week there were new lay-offs after being promised jobs were safe. All positions in the Indiana location seemed to be targeted while the majority of health centers managed by PMD remain in that location. This left less hands-on staff for those patients, clients, and health centers in Indiana. Be very cautious and do your research when vetting out this company as a potential employer. There are a lot of wonderful employees that work here but the actual leaders making the decisions know how to to be deceptive and tell you what you want to hear just to get you onboard. The paranoia and anxiety created from not knowing where you stand with the company is one of the worst feelings I've ever experienced.

Pros

Remote work (if you like having almost no interaction with management), some wonderful people

Cons

Hands-off Management, common workplace gossip, continued training was promised but didn't happen, no-transparency, communication and engagement are almost non-existent, disingenuous attitudes

November 19, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We're so sorry that this was your experience, but we value your voice and are always working to improve the employee experience at Proactive MD. We are proud of our team in Indiana and all across the country. If you have any further feedback, please reach out: jrhodes@proactive.md. Thank you for fighting for the greatest good of our patients.

The wellness model that is used in ProActive clinics is the perfect role for FNPs

In a typical primary care office, FNPs can get some very complex patients that might be out of our scope. Many of these patient already have specialists for any complex problems so I can focus on them holistically and help them find ways to optimize their overall health and wellness.

No security

Before ProactiveMD was Wellness for Life. I worked for this company for 4 years. ProactiveMD took over about a year ago. Prior to them we had an amazing manager and supervisor but once she left everything went downhill. Every good employee they have had either quit or get fired for no reason and they make up an excuse on "why they left". We had no support at our healthcenter. I tried to reach out to my manager and I wouldn't get a response for days and sometimes never. My last two months I would work at least 3 times a week with no staff. The clients aren't happy because we wouldn't put their needs first and they would come in to see me working my butt off with no support. I wouldn't recommend working here to anyone. The only thing they had going for them is the pay was higher then most places. Not worth crying to your husband everynight though!

Cons

No communication

November 19, 2021

Employment was not secure here

They do not practice the culture they preach. They do not support and respect their employees on a team level. Employment was definitely not secure. You could be employed one day and told that you were not needed the next day. Very shaky employment.

The culture

I enjoyed working at Proactive MD during my short stay, until COVID-19 impacted my position. I really enjoyed working with my immediate supervisor (VP).

Caring, compassionate & progressive

I have loved every minute working for this company. Their mission is admirable & they are loyal to it. I am honored to work for such an innovative wellness model.

November 19, 2021

Common questions about proactive md

Answered by current and former employees at proactive md

Ask a question about working or interviewing at proactive md. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• proactive md