Proactive Technologies

Proactive Technologies Employee Reviews in Orlando, FL

Orlando, FL3 reviews

Proactive Technologies insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment

Alright first job

It's an ok place to start but don't expect to get anywhere. There is no training, no standards, poor communication and too many egos competing. Perfect place for complacency and mediocrity.

Cut throat business approach. Incompetent management.

Was "laid off" because the company felt it was more important to downsize its employees to become more competitive for the upcoming contract rebid. No thank you for your years of dedicated service, no severance pay, just "leave now and don't come back here" was all I received from the Program Manager. This company does not care about it's employees AT ALL. You are expendable so long as they can outbid their competitors for government contracts. The irony, a new employee was brought on 1-week before I was "laid off." Of course, he is making $3 less than everyone else. You can figure that move out for yourself. Pay is low and inconsistent. There are $1-3 pay differences between employees with the same job title and experience level. Makes no sense. Hard-work and integrity will get you nowhere. No pay raises, no opportunity for advancement. Site manager is about as incompetent and lazy as I've ever experienced. He knows very little about the actual work that is done, nor does he care to learn. He was rarely at work and when he was, he was either working on his car or watching youtube and facebook in his office. Still unsure what his actually responsibilities were as I never seen him do any of the work he was paid to do. Same can be said about other employees. Several rarely came to work and when they did working on their cars was the priority. Working on personal projects was the most common occurrence. Complaining about it isolated you from the "herd" and accomplished nothing since management was part of the problem. Integrity is in short supply.  -

Pros

Cons

Low pay, incompetent management, no honor or integrity from all levels of management

– August 29, 2014
When government contracts are competed or sole source award, they have contract period terms (durations of time). In the current economy of DOD related activities, government contractors like any other business must be competitive and devise their staffing and other strategies to be successful competitors. Costs are a significant part of contract award decisions by the government, therefore, the company must evaluate all aspects of their business proposal for new or rebid contracts. Even with costs or staffing reductions, companies may not be successful in their bid for new or existing contracts. This process is not limited to ProActive, but any business. If the statement regarding management and peers occurredl, It is unfortunate that concerns expressed above were not brought to management' attention to investigate and take appropriate action.

Un safe working environment

When I started at Proactive Technologies 5 years ago, was a family oriented, friendly and save work environment. Within the last year Proactive Technologies became a very hostile and unsafe working environment in which management treat non management employees with no respect. Management use verbal abuse and intimidation directed to non management employees. For the last year I was in fear for my safety at Proactive Technologies. The hardest part of the Job there was not knowing who and at what level of argument and intimidation I was going to encounter on that day. I was praying GOD on my way to work for not to have anyone to pick on me and to have a good day. Not always worked.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Work long Hours with no extra pay and be expected to do so.

– August 29, 2014
Unfortunately, this statement is only part and not the whole of the circumstances which the individual articulates their statement. The company has been and is very considerate of their employees but must manage performance to meet or exceed customers expectations. When an employee' performance is below expectations, performance management initiatives must be implemented to help the employee to recognize and correct such deficiencies to an acceptable level of performance. This objective is not always achieved as desired, which results in the employee separation from the company voluntarily or involuntarily.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Proactive Technologies?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Proactive Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8