ProCare Therapy

ProCare Therapy Employee Reviews

United States109 reviews
Fair
Not a lot of support, never paid on time, minimum communication, does not follow up, contract rate very low, no reimbursement for additional employment qualifications
good place to work at
I like working with student the ease of hours and satisfaction of helping a physically disabled student school with there physical and education needs
Super helpful and easy to work with
The workers are very helpful and easy to work with. They take your requests into consideration. They offer fair compensation packages if travel is involved.
A learning experience
A great way to develop interpersonal skills is traveling to numerous facilities. Adapting is key to success. Management would assist in job filling when unable to find work.
Work independently
This company puts you in a place of your choice and lets you work independently (without direct supervision). If you need help you have a recruiter whom you can contact with email and phone. The response time is usually within 24 hours. This company allowed me to cut my hours in half when I needed due to illness of a family member.
It is difficult to get overtime hours as for some people that you make work for will adjust your hours with out telling you. When you go to talk to them about it and why you may be over they will not give you the time you worked and those hours back
Pros
flexible
Cons
they can terminate contract anytime
North Pod
Cubicle warehouse atmosphere. High turnover rate. Don't recommend.
Need to make certain amount of calls daily, regardless of what else is happening at your desk.
PROCare sets the bar high for therapy companys
PROCare is very patient driven. This company sets the bar high for competing therapy companies. PROCare excels I’m recognizing and valuing the worth of each and every employee.
This company treated me very well
The district I was hired to work for was an absolute nightmare and treated me unfairly. Procare was there for me and even paid my last paycheck when the district refused to approve it. My recruiter, Jared, is an absolute sweetheart. As contract companies go I would recommend this company.
Great place to work!
ProCare Therapy was a great place to work. They provided the needed materials and support for their employees to be successful in a frequently demanding occupation.
Cut throat employees
I loved what I did at ProCare however there were some employees who made it very difficult for you to do your job. A lot of backstabbing and favorites.
Per diem status work
Very limited work in both outpatient and in home care It was uncoordinated and communication was not up to par. There was limited work and they did not call when help was needed and I had to call and ask if they needed help. Small company and was told I would move up to full time however it never happened.
Do not believe anything you are told.
The position I applied for was advertised as full time. After I applied I later found out it was part time. I was told I would be working with a certain group of students that were well behaved. The students never had a teacher for most of the school year. When I came down with bronchitis and the flu I was forced to begin work sick. The recruiter threatened me via email that she gave up many candidates for the job. There were no other candidates. No one wants part time hours and with no benefits.

There is a reason why I have not worked for a staffing company in 20 years. All of them lie to get you in . After 17 phone calls one afternoon I never reached a human being. The school asked me on 5 different occasions to perform illegal activities. When I asked the school for assistance because I am disabled the response was, I don't really care nor do I want to hear about it."

When I mentioned that this is illegal to the recruiter there was dead silence on the phone.
Pros
Cons
Awful communication, awful pay, the worst assignments ever
Salary
I enjoy working with the kids in therapy. Given my training as an SLPA, I think I am worthy of more than $18/hr - which is the same rate of pay as school bus drivers in my area.
Very political
PRN COTA doing full caseload at facility, quickly learned that corporate does not care much about its employees. Its all political and about money money money! They will replace you if they find someone cheaper.
Fun and Flexible
I really enjoy working for ProCare. They always ensure we get questions answered in a timely manner. Scheduling is perfect working a job share, compensation, and perdiem is superb. I recommend this agency over many others. The sign in and out is easy and makes working at various locations possible. Love the employees and management securing positions.
Pros
Great communication via email.
Cons
More opportunities job sharing, more jobs from school districts.
Great Company to Work For!!:)
Overall it has been a great working experience. The company is very communicative and easy to reach. I have sent in messages when I am concerned with something or have been sick and they reply within minutes. Great, stress free, and they address to all your concerns. I mentioned stress free because for a paid sick day they told me they do all the necessary paperwork behind the scenes, I thought that was very neat.
Pros
paid at the end of every week, very open and communicative
Cons
Wish they had a pre-set amount of days covered for sick days.
Very stressful; too many expectations out of pay range.
I did not like working for ProCare Therapy at all. First, it is a contractual job and I had never worked in that manner. It was not for me. I prefer salaried, but I didn't realize, at the time, what a night-mare job this was. I was an adapted P.E. teacher. The schools were in an urban area, run-down, some unfriendly people. There were several Teach for America employees that called themselves 'teachers'. They were unfriendly, snooty, know-it-alls, quick to criticize as it made them feel powerful and special.
I had to drive like a maniac to get to the different schools. Most of the staff at ProCare were nice and helpful.

The company's benefit policy was TERRIBLE. It was very expensive, did not offer much. However, to be positive, the dental plan was a good plan and reasonable enough.

I will never work for a contractual company again!
Pros
Paid every week
Cons
Pay should be more. PCT can't control the schools. However, they should be supportive.
I enjoyed working for Pro-care Therapy
My manager at Pro Care Therapy, was accessible to me for any communication needs I had. When working for a school district, frequently you service more than one building.
Pros
Good Health Care Benefits
Cons
Contracts usually are only one school year long.
Environment is good..
Everyone in management should not be. It's a group of friends working together. Soliant is better. There is a real lack of growth opportunities available.
Good people to work with, friendly
ProCare Therapy is a great company to work with and the contacts at ProCare therapy care about the staff and their needs. They are great listeners and willing to help in any way possible.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ProCare Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.