Procore Technologies Employee Reviews in Carpinteria, CA

You can put lipstick on a pig...it's still a pig.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Carpinteria, CAMay 30, 2019
Young managers with no prior work history who grew into their position by tenure and during start up years. It's very frustrating to work in this company when you are a skilled/seasoned professional who has adopted industry best practices and need to convince millennials to change their opinions to adopt best practices. There is a lot of resistance and 'good old boys club' mentality even when one of the core values is "Openness". It's very easy to become irrelevant or be let go at this company if you do not spend more time schmoozing with executives to try to penetrate their inner circle for acceptance than getting your job done and making the right decisions for the company as a whole. Word to the wise, go with the 'popular' decision, even if it isn't the 'right' decision.

The parking situation is laughable. Due to egos (that's all I can gather) the parking is permit only. It is not first come first serve. People who work remotely or have moved to Austin have permits. Others need to park across the freeway and bus in to one location for drop off there are 6 buildings. Recently, they have opened up designated parking spots for pregnant women.

Lots of food, beer, ping pong and shuffle board, games, candy, etc. It's dog friendly (dog has to pass an interview). Beautiful location. Everyone looks like Ken and Barbie; unless of course you belong to the engineering department.

Unlimited vacation if you can find the time for vacation.
Cons
Needs more top down leadership: Do's and Don'ts.
Fast paced, loud, chaotic
PRODUCT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Carpinteria, CAJanuary 14, 2019
High growth rate means chaos and thrash. Priorities change constantly. Young staff brings energy. Good benefits, great campus. No parking. Dog friendly.
Great place to work!!!
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Carpinteria, CAOctober 6, 2018
Procore was a great place to work, the culture was fantastic and, as an intern, everyone was so willing to help me learn new things and let me really feel like part of the team and not just the intern who does the grunt work, would absolutely recommend.
Pros
Great Culture, Oppurtunities to try new things, free food, great views, great people
Cons
Productive fun place to work
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Carpinteria, CAJuly 14, 2018
I enjoy working here, they have a pretty laid back work environment and everyone is incredibly talented. The thing that rubs me a little wrong, is to get promoted it seems like you have to be in the "club". Not sure how to sign up for the club...
Fun place to work, great people, BUT....
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  Carpinteria, CAMay 3, 2018
Initially I felt very lucky to be able to work at Procore. They have great benefits and I met some amazingly talented people. I got to work on a great project and typically enjoyed the day to day. However, from the beginning I was very weary about the abundance of young management (under 30 y/o). The younger management in my department were inexperienced and very much unprepared for the responsibilities/issues that arise from leading people. I had autonomy; so much so management never provided any immediate feedback/guidance which is a major miss. There was zero communication on my team which led to many unfortunate departures. Things are changing at Procore and not for the better unfortunately. The start up vibe is dying off and corporate bureaucracy is slowly creeping in.
Pros
$5 lunches delivered to campus, beautiful views, great lower level people, amenities
Cons
Inexperienced & unqualified management throughout organization, lack of communication, lack of diversity
Love Procore
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carpinteria, CAFebruary 9, 2018
I haven't loved a job in a long time, if I had one wish right now, it would be to stay at Procore...in any capacity
I learned about several different processes, had great teachers, everyone was a team player
Pros
Dog friendly, Free Lunches, great environment
Cons
that my job didnt turn permanent
Super fast paced
QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER INTERN (Former Employee) –  Carpinteria, CASeptember 13, 2017
Procore is a super fast paced tech company that has a great work environment. If you're considering a job in tech, this a great place to do it. I was an intern there and I will be returning in a few months to start my career there.
Pros
Great lunches, great working environment
Rapidly Growing SaaS Company Discovering intra-departmental Operations
Constructions Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carpinteria, CAJune 26, 2017
Great company moving rapidly fast that unveiled my true passion which is Construction. Upper-Management is revolutionary and will turn drive Procore to levels of success that rivals Saleforce, Cloudera, Mulesoft, ect.
Ae
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Carpinteria, CANovember 3, 2016
Great product - Upper management is great. Very micromanaged by team management. No work life balance. Dog friendly, everyone is very nice and culture is by far the best ever -
Pros
Great product, good snacks, great culture
Cons
no work life balance, lots of change, very young median age of people is 26