Procter & Gamble Employee Reviews

41.4K
Found 1,763 reviews matching the search See all 4,405 reviews
Solid Company
o Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 19, 2018
The people that are employed by Procter and Gamble are among some of the brightest in the CPG industry. You may or may not have a good management experience with the company as there is not a streamlined management process. I have had some amazing managers and some that are less than desireable
Pros
great benefits
Cons
promote from within is not valued
Great People, Moving too Slow
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 18, 2018
Brilliant managers and people. Great opportunities for training and learning about marketing and brand management. Moving too slow to keep up with trends and innovation.
Decent job and pay, but not worth the sleep deprevation
Electrical and Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Summit, NCJune 17, 2018
The 12-hour rotating shifts were made life both on and off the job difficult. Your experience at work would depend largely on whether or not you get a good manager and upper manager.
great overall
BRAND AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2018
Not a bad company to work for in the industry. I enjoyed the time that I had to work for them at different retail locations. I would love to work for them again.
Good Company - Needs to be more open to new ideas
Director, Global Security (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 16, 2018
Good company with many good people. Unfortunately the 'built from within' culture which has served the company well for many years is now keeping the company from being innovative and creative - the employees who have been there for decades believe the P&G way is the only way which limits creativity and outside the box thinking. Also many employees are scared to try or think about new ideas as they just want to protect their jobs. Again, a great company with solid ethics and business foundations but leadership would better serve the company (and shareholders) if they encouraged new thoughts and were more accepting of mid level employees brought in to add new ideas and break up the group think.
Pros
smart people, solid ethics
Cons
mired in P&G thought process, not accepting of new/outside ideas
Productive and fun place to work, we are a work family
Production Lead (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 16, 2018
Work is constant and fast paced, however nothing overly demanding. I have learned to work smarter and not harder, while still striving to give 100 percent quality results. Management is constantly learning and giving us positive feedback as well. Overall they are the Best managers I've ever worked for. Our work culture is fun. We have group activities and we relax in our workplace. We have and open door policy and we share our thoughts and concerns. Everyone's opinion is welcome. The hardest part of the job for me, is being unable to complete an task in the allotted time. I feel as if I have let myself down, my team, and my Manager. I love my workplace and my Job. I Love P&G.
Pros
Cons
Rotating Shift
Screwed up schedules and shifts
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJune 14, 2018
If you like getting free body wash it's ok. Management wants you to do multiple things to "progress" in the company but rarely gives you time, direction, or resources to do it. Schedules are supposed to be locked in by Thurs morning but after you make plans for the weekend they drop mandatory OT on you, or you cancel plans because you're supposed to work and they cancel your shift on Fri afternoon, or you get a phone call on the way in saying you don't have to come in. There is a ridiculous amount of pass-the-buck when you try to get answers about anything. It's either not their area, don't know, or someone else's job. Pay is good once you jump through all the hoops. Benefits have slowly declined. The company is not what it was. Tend to hire brand new engineering or management college grads and stick them into a production system they know nothing about and have them "improve" the area. If you like a 12 hour rotating days/nights shift and frequent overtime you found your home cause you won't have a life.
Pros
Free Product and Lunches frequently.
Cons
Unreliable schedule. Changing company culture
Didn’t enjoy
Line Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 13, 2018
I worked for proctor & Gamble via a temp service. I did not enjoy my time there at all. Most likely Because it was my first job. I worked the 3-11 shift.
Great Company - Great Benefits
Performance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 13, 2018
Overall, I have had a great experience working at P&G.

The issues I have experienced stem from inconsistency in leadership approaches, advancement limitations imposed by the corporate structure, and the general slow-adaptation of new ideas that come with a company of this size.

Currently, I am ecstatic with the leadership under which I work. They are hands-off and afford me the autonomy to lead my own work & project initiatives. I love the flexibility to work from home twice a week and would really like to work from home more. While I still make less money than I could elsewhere, my managers have fought to increase my compensation package, year-over-year. You really need to have great managers that will advocate for you here, this is something I have definitely learned. If not for my current managers, I would have left the company. There is a lot of "red-tape" in place at P&G, which I understand - it's there to maintain order, etc. However, sometimes these processes prohibit progress and hold back strong candidates. This is where strong managers come into play. If you want to grow/advance and have any hope of getting around the timing limitations imposed, you have to have strong advocates that are willing to fight for you.
Pros
Great benefits, flexible working conditions (Non-Management)
Cons
Progress Limitations, Inconsistent Leadership Tactics
Ambiente de trabajo dinamico.
Packing Leader (Former Employee) –  Cayey Municipio, PRJune 12, 2018
Ambiente de trabajo a la mejora diaria en todas los elementos claves que impacten servicio al cliente.
Pros
Oportunidad de continuar creciendo
Cons
Working Life balance
great place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 12, 2018
P&G is a great place to work. Lots of good people. Good pay & benefits. Paid vacation insurance and benefits. I would recommend thid company to anyone.
Pros
great cafertia
Contractor
DATA COMPLIANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 12, 2018
I was a contract worker and the environment was very pleasing. My management was very pleasant and allowed me to do my job without hassle. There was no micromanagement and because of that I learned a lot.
P&G not bad
Process Technician II (Former Employee) –  Bear River City, UTJune 12, 2018
Great company overall to work for. Management is a little soft and the company is way too large, so things like payroll issues can be a nightmare to deal with,(not handled on the plant level).
Pros
Great pay, product give away. mandatory double time on Sundays
Cons
Rotating 12 hour shifts from days to night every 2 to 3 days.
Great place to build leadership skills
Bounty Operating Department Leader (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 11, 2018
P&G is a great place to build leadership capability in manufacturing. You are given responsibility quickly and coached closely. More is expected out of you, but in return you accelerate your capability versus other similar companies. Overall, it's a great place to start working, but there are ultimately other places that you can advance your career faster, if that's important to you.
Lifestyle
Plant Technician II (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJune 11, 2018
the company is great to work for, but the rotating shifts were difficult with kids still in school with after school activities. I hate that they left Duracell.
Excellent company which promotes from within
PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 10, 2018
Great company that creates a solid leadership platform for new college grads and those starting their career. Because this is a company that promotes from within it can be difficult for professional hires to acclimate themselves to the culture.
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJune 9, 2018
I think that for any one that is looking for a part time job, especially students the hours were very flexible. The job was quick-paced but it was easy to learn.
Ambiente sano de trabajo
Líder de entrenamiento (Former Employee) –  venezuelaJune 8, 2018
Excelente area de trabajo y oportunidades para las personas con experiencia o sin experiencia
Not too organized
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 8, 2018
I worked with many of there companies but was never satisfied with the organizational abilities. It’s was always all over. There were times where you would go in and the supervisor would come in with a hangover and disappear. Therefore you would have to take over.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Headaches
Ok
Site Integrated Planner (Former Employee) –  Ohio City, OHJune 7, 2018
My experience with P&G was just ok. I had a terrible team and got the short in of the stick with the company. However, I know others that are employed there and they love what they do.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, Events
Cons
Stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Procter & Gamble. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

72out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Procter & Gamble.

Powered by Comparably