Procter & Gamble Employee Reviews for Retail Merchandiser

41.5K
Found 38 reviews matching the search See all 4,564 reviews
Interesting
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYFebruary 19, 2018
Visiting local retailers checking store displays. Placing displays. Speaking with store management about concerns or issues. The hardest part of the job was reset season. Long days. Most enjoyable was seeing first hand the increased sales from my visits to stores.
Pros
Being the first ones to see new product launches
Cons
had to use my own vechicle
Productive busy fast pace
Retail Merchandiser/Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 19, 2017
Scheduling a team of 12 to 15 retail merchandisers to go out into the various stores each week along with myself in various areas coordinating meeting once a month. Making sure stores sets are completed according to the plan o grams. Managing teams time and mileage making sure completed for payroll and turned in on time. The job was very enjoyable with benefits pay every July loved it.
Great Part Time Job
Retail Merchandiser - RetailPULSE - Syracuse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 25, 2017
Great group of people to work with. Excellent territory manager.
Excellent job for a mom that wants to get out of the house. Pay could have been better.
Enjoyed working here
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 17, 2017
Enjoyed working here for over 10 years and was sorry to see the particular division that I worked for get eliminated. Would definitely work here again.
weekends off
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  north jerseyApril 3, 2017
alot of driving with your own car. Not enough compensations. Dealing with rude managers and getting blamed for things out of your control. Can make own schedule which is a plus and weekends off.
Pros
weekends off, make own schedule
Cons
lack of pay, not able to grow within company
Good place to start in retail business
Customer Business Development Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 17, 2017
I was in charge of modify plan-o-grams in different categories such as Cosmetics, Hair Care, hair Color, Detergent, Paper, etc. I learned how accomplish our plan despise the obstacles. I did plan-o-gram implementation most of the retailers from K-Mart to CVS for example. My manager was always available to help me accomplish the company goal.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lots of miles to cover
Great team
Acosta, Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Selma, CANovember 28, 2016
Loved my team members and management. Fun place too work for, Learned allot about printing services. treated fairly, pay was decent. Needed more hours.
Retail Merchandiser
Retail merchandiser/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 12, 2016
Manage all aspects of day to day planning and organizing work responsibilities, including store activities and materials.
Set up and place point of purchase or point of sale materials.
Demonstrate and provide sampling of new products through in-store interactions.
Complete regularly administrative duties, standardized and expense reports.
P&G Retail Merchandising
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 24, 2015
A great job, but unfortunately my division was closed. The work schedule was great and so was my retail market manager. I was sorry to see it end.
P&G is a top notch company. One of the best companies in my opinion to work for.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Northern, NJFebruary 12, 2015
A typical day is meeting up with co-workers and other company merchandisers, formulating the days "game plan" as to which sections were being reset or moved. I learned how to work with a variety of personalities and skill levels, how to be a team leader / motivator.

The hardest or most challenging part of this job was doing my job while the store was under construction. Many safety precautions needed to be put in place and we learned how to work with construction personnel.

The most enjoyable part was being part of a team. P&G hired great people; fun, friendly, and very professional. I learned much from them.
Pros
Great work environment, excellent well trained co-workers, and a very supportive management team
Fun Company to work for
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 11, 2015
Great place to work for. Clean environment. Friendly people. Great management. There is room for advancement in this company as well.
Pros
Excellent company
Cons
Standing on feet
love working here
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 5, 2014
Best company I ever worked. High respect for employees,great pay and benefits package.
Great Part time position
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  INJune 4, 2014
Procter & Gamble Merchandising was a great opportunity to build customer service skills. The hours were extremely flexible.
Fun job that I loved
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 9, 2014
I loved my job with Procter and Gamble. My work was outsourced and that is the only reason I am not still there. There was always something different to do. I met some many wonderful people that I still stay in close contact with. My boss was great!
Pros
felixable
Cons
I would get really tired sometimes.
Energetic, motivating
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 27, 2013
Marketing to different stores which consisted introducing new products, maintaining our shelf space, developing relationships. Worked on a hand held computer, scheduled my hours, all work completed on computer and sent to headquarters
Pros
Well known company
Cons
Not always receiving the information needed
P&G good place to work. Life\work balance in place.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2013
P&G great place to work. They have good core values. Their products are quality products of which I was proud to stand behind.
Pros
Large reputable company
Cons
can be hard to advance because no one moves from their position for many years, once they get it!
Procter & Gamble was excellent company to work for until they let 3,500 of their employess go,
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Waretown, NJJune 14, 2013
I enjoyed all my co-workers. Loved my supervisor whom I had for 12 years. The company paid benefits even though I was a part time employee. A day at work was getting my work off the handheld computer they gave us and entering my progress during the day.
They paid for mileage and tolls and drive time between stores. Also paid $15.00 and hour. I entered my hours on the timesheet and sent it back to P&G....all work was done on internet except for checking in with Supervisor daily.
Pros
Part time benefits
Outstanding
Retail Merchandiser and Team Lead (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJune 13, 2013
A great company to work for. Good benefits, pay on time, and chances for advancement
Pros
Great management
Cons
Shut down
Only care about bottom line
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2013
Do not care about employees. Low pay and benefits. Fortune 500 company who got where they are by cutting corners and outsourcing.
Procter & Gamble was a great company to work for.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 14, 2013
I enjoy working for Procter&Gamble.Procter&Gamble made a company decision to eliminated there Retail Pulse Division.As a result all 1,600 people lost there job.
Pros
great job
Cons
nothing negative to say about procter & gamble

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Procter & Gamble. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.9Fairygodboss Score

89%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

89%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss