Procter & Gamble Employee Reviews for Technician

Found 101 reviews matching the search See all 4,568 reviews
Not an employer I would reccomend
Plant Technician (Former Employee) –  Brown SummitJuly 23, 2018
1982 plant. No confidential info here. I would not recommend apply for a job there. 2006. I was like a kid in a candy store due to my experience & training. But I was not P&G certified. Powers that be don't see training.
Wouldnt recommend it
Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 16, 2018
If you are on a technical career path they make it impossible for you to do what you want to do and make the money that you deserve to make while other people that do way less will make more money than you. The company is about doing more with less which means you will have to do your job and the jobs of three other people too while keeping a few production lines going for the least amount of pay possible. Everything you do will be scrutinized and you have no say in your work schedule as they will always do whats best for the business not you. They don't care about you they care about their numbers and if you aren't meeting the goals they are not going to be nice to you. They will set you up to fail.
Productive company with benefits
TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Mehoopany, PAJune 23, 2018
Very busy company that has much job security. Everyone is able to keep busy, even during slower times there are things you can do to be productive and beneficial for the company
Plant Technician (Former Employee) –  Browns Summit, NCJune 22, 2018
Great job to have had, I left the job due to my mother passing away, I couldn't focus on my job, which led to a discharge. I plan to reapply after another year.
Pros
Paycheck
great job
Plant Technician (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJune 15, 2018
great job, you work 12hr shifts on a 3/2 split you only work 6 months out of the year, rotating shifts every two weeks sucks but is manageable for most people
Pros
12hr shifts
Cons
night shift
Working for Proctor & Gamble.
Plant Technician (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHMay 29, 2018
I learned a lot from Proctor and Gamble and hated too part ways, how ever, I would like to rejoin the team there now I have heard of remarkable improvements.
No Work/Life Balance
Plant Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 27, 2018
The schedule changes ever 2-3 months, management doesn't care about your home life, too much extra work to earn a pay raise every 18 months, The infinity groups are the best part of the job even though they are just an extra curricular activity.
Pros
Benefits, Buy vacation
Cons
No home life, managament not understanding
Mandatory overtime, low pay, constantly shifting goals
Plant Technician (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMay 13, 2018
Management changes frequently, as do goals and targets. Stressful, mandatory night shifts, mandatory overtime shifts. Weekends, holidays, no way to project work sched more than a week ahead.
Pros
You're kidding, right?
Cons
See above
Friendly atmosphere very organized
Plant Technician (Former Employee) –  Corinne, UTMay 2, 2018
I enjoyed the people that I had the opportunity to work with in Utah. They were willing to teach me anything I was interested in learning at anytime.
Okay
Consumer Complaints Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 25, 2018
People looked out for themselves. Promotions depended on the personal relationship with mgmt. The company overall is a great company to work for. Everything just depends on WHO you work for.
Social club with work available
Technician (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVApril 11, 2018
A well intentioned project, Tabler Station P&G plant is headed for disaster.

Currently, this is just a local social club that pays it's members a small wage to hang out with their friends.
There is plenty of work for those who like to stay busy, but it is primarily a slacker's paradise.
Many folks merely wander around and chat for 6 hours a day between breaks.

Upper management is strong; middle and lower management is a weak and fumbling ego circus looking to make a mark that serves no one but themselves.

I honestly drank the Koolaid every day until about 6 months ago when the realization hit me that we are doomed to fail and fumble because of the complete lack of communication and accountability.

My first level supervisor, as in most teams, is a young engineering graduate, and the hardest working person on the floor. I admire mine deeply, and she will be the only person i miss when I go.
Each team has one, and the story is the same for them all.

Starting pay is low for this work, and it takes 5 years to get to a proper level, if you also jump through the extra hoops they call "step up cards" in time. It's a checklist of butts to kiss before you get the raise you already earned. Miss one, and no raise for you.

Manipulative types will do well here. Management loves to be buttered on a daily basis.
Hard workers are appreciated, of course. Someone needs to actually get stuff done while the other 60% of your team is off buttering bosses and preening for their next step up.

A social club with little focus on anything of value, this P&G plant is
  more... not expected to be a good place to work.  less
Pros
great benefits, plenty of training
Cons
low wages, work imbalance
Fast paced environment with great pay
Plant Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 3, 2018
12 Hour shifts, Switch from days to night shift every 2 weeks. Lots of paid vacation time. Great management, great coworkers. Fast Paced environment. Get free P&G products once a year. Great pay.
Pros
Lots of paid vacation time. Great co workers
Cons
12 hour shifts. Switch days and nights every 2 weeks.
family friendly, the way a factory job should be
Making Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 1, 2018
scheduling is not for everyone but overall once you get used to it you'll probably look forward to the days off and be ready to return on your days back.
Good work environment
Technician (Current Employee) –  Mehoopany, PAMarch 1, 2018
the work isn't over whelming, the only really challenging part is the 12 hr swing shift. people are kind and easy to get along with. company provides things many other workplaces don't.
Great Family Like Enviroment
Plant Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSFebruary 21, 2018
Working 12 hour days you find you spend more time at work than at home. The workers created an atmosphere that made work enjoyable. The work was complicated but not difficult.
Pros
Pay, 14 day work month
Cons
swing shift, forced overtime
Room to grow at that particular Warehouse
Materials Technician (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 9, 2018
The vacation time and benefits were amazing, but the rotating shifts from first to second and back again were brutal. If I had a family it would be very difficult. Recently they cut of transfers to other P&G locations and that was a big hit for me, as a recent college graduate who took a job as a Materials Technician. They want you to stay at that particular location and pay you 3 dollars an hour less than the top other Mixing centers in the Nation. They are pushing to be number 1, but aren't paying their associates for it. Pay is competitive, but could be better. I left because of the rotating shifts, poor management, and non transfers. I applied internally for jobs, but got walled by my manager. Good for resume, but bad for long term. Vacation time and sick days were really accommodating. Most people were great to work with.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Rotating shifts, work to exhaustion.
validation systems
Technician (Former Employee) –  PrahovaFebruary 5, 2018
validated process and improve every days the process
growing the work culture
learning another skills
learning the a strong principles values
growing a knowledge technical
Pros
flexible programs
Challenging but rewarding
Technician (Current Employee) –  Pineville, LAFebruary 3, 2018
Offered many opportunities for advancement
Many different businesses to explore
Opportunities to move on to management
Competitive benefits and retirement
Pros
Sick time and vacation
Cons
Odd hours
factory work
Technician (Former Employee) –  St Louis MoFebruary 1, 2018
Rotated shift every week . It was very difficult to change shifts every week. The jobs forced to rotate after we became acclimated to them. Was told we would never have to change positions but that wasn't true.
Pros
great pay
Cons
rotating shifts
Extremely busy and fast-paced production environment
Plant Technician (Former Employee) –  Bear River City, UTJanuary 16, 2018
Starting out working at P&G, it was the best job I ever had. I loved how they treated me, as I felt valued and appreciated right away. Their training program was excellent. I learned quickly how to prioritize tasks, and how to "flow to the work", as it was called. A typical day was very busy, on my feet for over 11 hours, and stressful if equipment wasn't running well. Management was always positive, and helped engender a fantastic workplace culture. However, the shift schedule created an issue for me with work/life balance. The shifts would rotate from days to nights, every 2 to 3 days. For example, I would work day shift 7:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I would have Tuesday and Wednesday off, then return to work 7:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. on Thursday and Friday. This flip-flop type of schedule repeated over and over, and this severely affected my ability to have a healthy sleep schedule. I took this in stride though, and learned to somewhat deal with this issue. Over time, most of the high-level managers left the company. The culture and morale began to decline. I began to feel unappreciated, and my work seemed to scrutinized at every turn. In the end, I knew I needed to leave P&G. I needed to relocate from Brigham City to Salt Lake City, but also I felt my career was not going anywhere. I knew my skills and abilities could be much better utilized somewhere else.
Pros
Good benefits and compensation
Cons
Brutal shift schedule, felt unvalued by management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Procter & Gamble. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
52.2K
41.5K

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight